• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

-LzR-

Smash Hero
The opponent can DI so that the tire won't hit. And the tire is out of the way for the opponent for a few seconds. It's a nice mixup. Don't do it often.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
what about, glidetoss (tire up) then dthrow, tire hits the enemy and you get free fsmash/waft
i do this very often ^-^
The opponent can DI so that the tire won't hit. And the tire is out of the way for the opponent for a few seconds. It's a nice mixup. Don't do it often.
I wouldnt approve of this. When you glide toss forward throwing the tire up you leave yourself WIDE open to an attack. Not saying NEVER use this, but the risk vs reward isnt in our favor.. In my opinion.

do whatever glutonny does

SUCCESS!!!
ok. I'm kinda tired of people sucking Glutonny's ****. YES he did beat ally but that was the only thing that he has really done.

hunger beat ally...

Just had to get that off my chest.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
or with the tire, at the highest point of your fulljump. you can press Z and make immediately an aerial so you can regrab the tire

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Whoa this is really good stuff! I really like that bike breaking technique Dyno, sounds awesome! I would hesitate to stale my Uair though, generally I like to use my bike to unstale my strong moves. However, I'm sure one Uair is really not a thing to worry about haha.

One tire combo I like is (low percent) Jump over the opponent, dthrow or z drop the tire and land with an Uair. If the tire hits, then the Uair hits and you can do a quick Nair to regrab the tire and also continue the combo. If they end up getting hit with the second hit of Nair, you could throw the tire at them for an extra chunk of damage. Maybe you could glide toss it forward and combo into an Fsmash? That would be totally wicked!

Another thing I've been thinking about is a tire trap with bite. S!C wisely pointed out that you can z drop the tire at the top of your jump and regrab it. Well I was thinking, if the opponent is shielding below you, you could z drop the tire and fall with a bite. Make sure you don't eat the tire, like drop it onto their backside and bite their front. If they shield the tire, they get eaten. If they dodge, they would get hit with the tire. As for rolling, well.... I guess they can escape that way haha. It sounds like a good mixup though eh?

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Ahh that's another way out of it! Okay what about this: Shorthop dthrow tire onto their shield, bite immediately instead of the normal Uair. How's THAT for a mixup? Heh heh.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I think the main strength of such tire pressure is the fact that Wario remains relatively safe, short hopping a downthrow isn't safe, you usually do it while fullhopping. In that context, uair is better because you can fastfall it.

I suppose Bite could work as well, but it isn't as fast and may lead to annoying stuff happening, especially if your opponent decides to start rolling.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I have legit tire combos that i wish to share with you all, but i have not perfected the methods yet. I am going to, sometime, make a video with all my trix.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I've been 2 stocking Tinks with DK, and these Tinks take games off my Wario and usually go even with my Wario.

Is there something wrong with this? I never use DK except in friendlies/mid tier tournies.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
wario is a dumb character, hes floaty and heavy but hard to hit...AND WHY DOES HIS FART HAVE THE PWOER TO KILL PEOPLE

~nyaa
Let someone fart on your head and see if it doesn't have the power to kill you.

I've been 2 stocking Tinks with DK, and these Tinks take games off my Wario and usually go even with my Wario.

Is there something wrong with this? I never use DK except in friendlies/mid tier tournies.
It's just the way you're approaching the match + the 2 characters are different. You'll prob sticking that big foot in the Tinks players face and he can't handle that then when you switch to Wario he doesn't have a move as good as Dk's bair. Or the Tink player could be bad at the DK MU and not know it or he could be good at the Wario MU. Without having seen you vs the Tink with Wario and then oyu vs the Tink with DK it's hard to say.Then again you could always be better with DK then wario. To sum it up you haven't given us enough information to be able to reliable answer your question.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
I have legit tire combos that i wish to share with you all, but i have not perfected the methods yet. I am going to, sometime, make a video with all my trix.

Let's hear em man! I want to test stuff out too, not really sure where to start though.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Let's hear em man! I want to test stuff out too, not really sure where to start though.
I am a visual learner, which is why i HATE reading stuff on smashboards and getting into arguments over some petty little disputes about how to do some moves. I want to make a video therefor people can know EXACTLY what i am talking about before i throw out any info.

Dont think im keeping any info from you guys. I am just trying to make sure everyone understands what i am saying.

ALSO NOTE: These things are little techniques that are not 100% guarantee, like most things in brawl. So dont expect anything groundbreaking that will improve wario's metagame. They are little tips and tricks that i find helpful.

I will make a video once i am able to digitize some footage.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Dude I know exactly what you mean! And yeah of course nothing is 100% guaranteed in Brawl, it just has to be at least 80% doable. Like the Que Combo for example, even though it's really cool it's not practical at all. The Que Combo is like 35% doable imho.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
Ahh that's another way out of it! Okay what about this: Shorthop dthrow tire onto their shield, bite immediately instead of the normal Uair. How's THAT for a mixup? Heh heh.
uhm, if your enemy predicts a tire throw, then you can just bite him if you know he will shield.

another interesting thing:
jump towards your enemy dthrow the tire and then fastfall uair, you have to hit his shield behind him, so i slides towards the tire and then you get a free attack too.
EXEPT he powershields or he will hold his shield after the uair still active (rookies often open their shields after the uair)

edit: about the que combo:
i also tried it :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C28Fmxx7FuM

uhm sure on serious matches it wont work^^

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Yeah S!C I saw that last week or something haha. Oh! I found the best thing yesterday with tire pressure on shields. It's pretty much a guaranteed shield poke with Nair. If you throw the tire at the ground near the opponent, land with a quick Nair against their shield. Immediately jump and Nair again, shoving the opponent into the tire and keeping them in their shield. Nair until you see fit, and their shield should be a pea size by now. Maybe you can even fully charged Waft to break their shield at this point? OH that would be FREAKIN Awesome!!!!

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
It's just the way you're approaching the match + the 2 characters are different. You'll prob sticking that big foot in the Tinks players face and he can't handle that then when you switch to Wario he doesn't have a move as good as Dk's bair. Or the Tink player could be bad at the DK MU and not know it or he could be good at the Wario MU. Without having seen you vs the Tink with Wario and then oyu vs the Tink with DK it's hard to say.Then again you could always be better with DK then wario. To sum it up you haven't given us enough information to be able to reliable answer your question.
Sounds like DK has the moves I can use to get around with Tink easier, which Wario lacks.

Remembering the matches well I abuse DK's range with Bair, tilts, and DK Punch's Super Armor too.

With Wario I need to go around the projectiles, DK I can almost go through them. xD

B.Mack

Smash Ace
pls can you take combo suggestions to put in the video?

SHFF uair > utilt > uair*
SHFF uair > jab cancel > fsmash
SHFF uair > jab cancel > grab
Dair > UpB(lolcombo)

these combos are all guaranteed at 0%

*the SHFFuair >utilt doesnt register as a combo in training mode, but the uair props you above the ground so you cant shield, and there isnt enough time to airdodge or jump out. good for about 40% and only characters with very fast dairs can aboid getting uaired again.

lets have the tire combos then :D

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
a tire dissappears after hitting the shield doesnt it?
Yeah, but 1 hit of the first Nair, plus a tire hit, plus 2 hits of the 2nd Nair is a lot of shield pressure. Every time I have done it so far, it's worked like a charm. However there are bound to be counters to this little combo. None have appeared so far.

My favorite tire combos:
1. Tire Barrage!!: Instant throwing the tires really fast at your opponent. Coming in for an attack is optional.

2.The Asphalt Clap: Down throw the tire and fast fall Uair. Bread and butter tire play for Wario. Great shield pressure, huge damage if it lands and can lead into great combos at low percents.

That's all I've got so far haha. My tire play is really versatile I think. Rarely have I repeated the same thing, except for the ones mentioned above. I really like using the stage to my advantage by throwing the tires. It is really easy to zone with a tire in your hand. You can instantly create a lasting hitbox that leads into a hit of yours. Even if they destroy or dodge the tire, you have forced them into that situation and you are at the advantage. Having a tire gives you something that Wario has little of: Range. Use this to your advantage. That is all.

(S!C)

Smash Journeyman
uhm yo, i dont play matches without tires^^
i dont like the oldschool wario, with this *blabla glutonny fanboy* (haters gonna hate)
i only dont use the tire game against falco, diddy

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
uhm yo, i dont play matches without tires^^
i dont like the oldschool wario, with this *blabla glutonny fanboy* (haters gonna hate)
i only dont use the tire game against falco, diddy
I dont use tires against diddy but i sometimes use my bike as a small shield against diddy.

as for falco: why risk leaving your bike on stage. If he grabs you at 0 your stock is lost forever.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Dude, I don't even get grabbed by Falco at 0%, and I play Bowser.

STEP YO CAMP UP!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
How did Krystedez join this year in Feb and he has a purple name?

Not fair. I want a purple name.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
hey guys... someone posted this tip about 15 pages ago or something, and I just happened to see it... its a REALLY useful one, so I just wanna keep it fresh for people who didnt see it. if you get ftilt locked by Sheik, you can bike. now biking wont get you out of the tilt lock (much better actually) you will eat one more ftilt as the bike spawns onto the stage and Wario gets knocked off it, and then sheik will ftilt again, but as the bike is right at her feet, the sheik will PICK UP the bike. this will reduce every tilt lock to just 2 ftilts and guarantee you a grab, charged fsmash, fart, upB, whatever the **** you wanna punish with.

This isnt guaranteed though, it will only work if the sheik doesnt use A-stick(c-stick set to tilts), but then using A-stick means no DACUS, and no sheik is really gonna give that up to land 3 more ftilts, lol.

PROTIP for the sheik MU ^^
credit goes to whoever found this out, I cant remember though.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Thanks for the insight. Watch my video against Billy on the Video thread. I adapt to the Ftilting and i actually get out of it with bike on my second or third stock.

Bike is broken.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
WOW that is sooo freakin awesome to know!!! My friend t0mmy secondaries Shiek, and he's pretty legit. When I get hit with Ftilt, sometimes mashing on Nair works to get outta there. The bike thing sounds way more useful!

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I'm so glad I helped out people who missed that tip earlier. secksy BMack.
The bike thing is guaranteed to work if shiek tries to ftilt again or utilt after the bike is spawned.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
just like diddy i concentrate my playstyle on nanas, there are even 2 diddy mainers who are scared to pull out nanas against me xD
haha, no names eh ;) Dude good shiz, I like to hear that. It's important that Warios know how much **** their character can be with Diddy's nanas XD!

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Sometimes i dont like using naners if i feel the other person controls them better than i do. I mean lets face it, diddy players know and understand the physics and options of naners better than any other.

F*** it! It's still fun as hell to control them.

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
IMO tires > bananas

Bananas don't bounce haha. Sometimes it's really good to just eat the bananas outright. When Diddy tosses em out, just jump and gulp em down! Sometimes it really throws em off. Wario's Pure Kung Fu style is better than Diddy's too! (I think)

Top Bottom