• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

B.Mack

Smash Ace
I lol'd.
Nanas are so much better than tires its ridiculous. I would say tires are the 4th best projectile after naners, nades and pikmin. but pikmin are kind of a grey area lol.

EDIT: also, naners can be taken out so freaking much faster than tires.Tires arent limited to 2 on stage, but its difficult to get more than 3 t a time, not to mention near impossible to maintain control. *thinks up epic tire combo with 3 tires*

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Yeah but you're forgetting the lasting hitbox of bouncing tires. Sure bananas don't disappear when they hit a shield, but you shouldn't be using tires quite like bananas anyways. Tires are fantastic for zoning and stage control. The lasting hitbox creates a whole other level of strategy, from forming defensive walls to throw combos etc. Bananas stay on the ground like a lumpy frumpy slippery couch potato. Tires bounce around like a bouncy ball!

Oh! Plus if you hit someone with a tire, it rolls right on back to you. If you hit someone with a banana, they trip and the banana stays on the ground (which ***** obv). If they shield the banana, they can jump oos and instant throw, or simply just take the banana for their own.

In my experience with both, I've come to like tires a lot more. They are just so bouncy and cool, they just mesh with my new "Game of Death"style perfectly. However, this is obviously a personal opinion and bananas are most likely better by a little bit. I shall be researching and messing around with tires, I'll let y'all know if I find anything freakin awesome :)

Lord Chair

Smash Master
Yeah that I knew :p

Sheik's usmash works on BF, being frame ??? (LOL SHEIK FRAME DATA) and Marth's utilt being frame 6.

Marth's utilt also works on SV. Usmash works on neither being frame 12 when buffered (am I right at that?).

That isn't really accurate data, Marth's uair also works on SV being frame 12, so what I stated above about usmash doesn't make any sense >.<

DaomarIsBear

Smash Journeyman
Yeah that I knew :p

Sheik's usmash works on BF, being frame ??? (LOL SHEIK FRAME DATA) and Marth's utilt being frame 6.

Marth's utilt also works on SV. Usmash works on neither being frame 12 when buffered (am I right at that?).

That isn't really accurate data, Marth's uair also works on SV being frame 12, so what I stated above about usmash doesn't make any sense >.<
Doesn't uair have a higher hitbox than usmash? He's short hopping to uair, after all.

Big Moose

Smash Cadet
I'm new to these boards and I'm just now entering the competitive scene. But which would you guys say is safer to take up against a pro Meta Knight?
Wario or Diddy?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
I'm new to these boards and I'm just now entering the competitive scene. But which would you guys say is safer to take up against a pro Meta Knight?
Wario or Diddy?
WELCOME!!

Well, this really depends. If you are really good at trapping people and can control the stage well go with diddy.

If you can space really well and punish openings and land early kills then wario.

All personal preference. I honestly think diddy will be a little easier though.

Big Moose

Smash Cadet
WELCOME!!

Well, this really depends. If you are really good at trapping people and can control the stage well go with diddy.

If you can space really well and punish openings and land early kills then wario.

All personal preference. I honestly think diddy will be a little easier though.
Well I definitely think Wario is a more safe character for me to use then.
But bananas are pretty gay. I'll just have to try both.
Thanks!

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
No reason why not to use both :3 I just don't like using Diddy myself, but I might pick him up.

I say go with Wario if you love aerial game, and Diddy if you love ground game. You CAN have both... but it's difficult with said characters.

Good luck!

B.Mack

Smash Ace
Diddy's aerial game > Wario's ground game IMO.

Diddy ***** MK hard on the ground. Wario doesnt necessarily **** MK in the air, he just fares better than anyone else.

Zelderu Maryoto

Smash Apprentice
No, he's not. The air is Wario's best place to be in. He's very fast there. And as I said, Meta Knight is very slow there.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
What does it take for me to officially join on to "Team Wario"? :)

I want in :)

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Define "better than us". Like he has a sword and we don't? That's true. However, while he is busy swinging that sword for a whole 2 frames, we can maneuver around and hit him in his lag. Gotta look for the openings ;)

B.Mack

Smash Ace
lolwut. are you high Mr Snack? Wario can dominate MK so sexily in the air... just approach from above. all he has is that broken uair. you just have to time your dair properly and you have a guaranteed hit.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
No. It's exactly what you're saying and more, uair is broken as well as nado.

'But Lord Chair, you can dair nado!'

No. No no no no no no. If you can dair MK's nado then you're playing a stupid MK who doesn't know how to space his nado. Nado beats an aerial Wario unless his still has his DJ.

'Then save you DJ!'

Ya really, 80% of you guys don't and won't an no one exploits you for doing that. DJing is a main spacing tool against MK and sadly, once you use it you've lost a lot of defensive options already, but approaching without it is a fairly hard thing to do. It's the reason the MK MU is so fricking annoying: you cannot do anything to him unless you commit to stuff that gets you ****ed if read: nothing is safe.

Matchup is stupid. MK beats us on the ground AND in the air if properly handled. We don't beat him directly, we only 'beat' him because we can take more punishment and deal it more easily through high damage stupid **** (read: uair). That's the only reason this MU is doable.

Blue Rogue

Smash Ace
NNID
ValiantVyse
3DS FC
4527-9345-8740
No. No no no no no no. If you can dair MK's nado then you're playing a stupid MK who doesn't know how to space his nado. Nado beats an aerial Wario unless his still has his DJ.
Just fart every time you're above him ;3
But no seriously MK beats use everywhere unless he's staying in one of those anywheres for long periods (slow in the air lets you move around him but he shouldn't be in it enough to abuse a lot, and on the ground uh... you get tires? lol).
If he's not above you or leaning more towards being agro, only thing you should do is get bikes.
Back to being sick yaay

Kaffei

Smash Hero
u kno wat i hate
when i try to uair or nado wario and they just fly away cus their aerial mobility ***** MINE

then they weave back in and i die

also i hate when im trying to glide away
then i see wario right under me because his aerial mobility is like the speed of my glide LMAO

hi snack. how goes ur wario. ****?

Big Moose

Smash Cadet
You would be wrong.
Let me rephrase.
MK out ranges us no matter where. But in the MU we are faster in the air so it is a better option than the ground.
Rather than saying we are better, I should've just said we are faster in the air. So it is a better option.
But seriously screw that match up.

B.Mack

Smash Ace
nado is faster than Wario, but Wario should almost never be getting hit by a nado. seriously, a safe Wario would almost always beat a safe MK. fair is almost useless in the MU, but omg bair has never been more useful. I think Pwner mentioned it some pages back and I started testing back then... our bair is a pretty damn good move to throw into an MK in between his fairs.

how I play the MU against MK:
remember that match of Atmosk vs RJ's Lucario? yeah. jump, bike offstage, jump off it. this way you have your back to MK so you can bair him if he tries to fair you.
also, by using the bike jump, you are placed high above MK whilst STILL having your double jump. he cant get to you up there unless he uses one of his B-moves and there is so much room for Wario to airdodge or weave out and punish with a dair.
If MK uairs, you can weave beside him. at this point he will try to fair or bair if he even still has room from the ground. if he does that we can just double jump and fastfall dair for a guaranteed punish before he can throw anything that isnt shuttle loop.

in this situation, if MK nados early to avoid its vulnerable startup period, we can just airdodge. and everyone knows that wario's airdodge ***** nado. If he nados late enough to try and catch us, any of our aerials(notably bair and dair) will always beat it out.

I honestly wish I had recorded the matches of me vs CRZ. CRZ plays a very VER safe MK. and it was impossible to fight him from the ground. but as soon as I started fighting him from the air, he pretty much couldnt do anything.

on another note... airdodge > buffered grounded fart is very VERY VERRY good.
buffering a frame 6 move out of the best airdodge in the game? yes pls.

bring on the vultures that are gonna rip through this post.

Zelderu Maryoto

Smash Apprentice
This brings on yet another question - What is Wario's Match Up against Meta Knight? Is it still 40:60? Or is it back to 45:55?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
wtf snack
you should be super confident in the air
i cant chase you LMAO

also wario vs MK on norfair is GAY

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Who gives a crap, IF you think it's close to even and have played good MKs like I have. :)

But I know better. Since the concensus is "It's bad for wario", it must be "bad for wario", end of story, right?

So yea, have fun with that.

Zelderu Maryoto

Smash Apprentice
What stage should Wario counterpick if the opponent bans Brinstar? Now, we are assuming that Norfair isn't legal, but if it was, then I would counterpick it if not banned, and Brinstar if Norfair. However, with Norfair not legal, and Brinstar banned, what stage should Wario counterpick? I use to counterpick Rainbow Ride if there isn't a chance the opponent will choose Meta Knight, and if there is a chance, then Frigate Orpheon.
However, this disussion we had the last few pages made me think again. Maybe Wario is so fast in the air so he actually is good against Meta Knight on Rainbow Ride that he should always, no matter the character he's facing, counterpick Rainbow Ride if Brinstar is banned and Norfair illegal?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Well, try not to think of it as what to counterpick no matter what. you have to take into consideration that the stage you counter is leaning more in your favor rather than his.

This is a video that helped me a lot when i was having trouble counterpicking.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_MyzLnOat8

not avoiding the question you asked. I just feel that you are looking at it the wrong way.

Top Bottom