• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
TBC has teh knowledge :D

Is it for wariocide PX or does it knock diddys barrels off? Like when mk nairs diddy.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's a Warioicde. It's just hilarious that you can swallow him barrels and all.

People still need to discover ledgedrop pivot bite for people that don't have god tier recoveries.

Damage Points

Smash Ace
Well we all know what hunger thinks. But where do you all think Wario will end up on future tier list. I know with the current MLG rules and results representation was poor. I personally think his current spot is fine tho. I don't think he deserves to drop. He is so diverse and has the ability to play so "gay" against his bad matchups anything is possible. Plus with new players such as boss using him who knows where he'll end up. He'll always atleast be top B tier. What so you guys think?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I think that the tier lists for Brawl are way too dependent on representation, so Wario is never going to be high, despite being a great character.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Probably 5-7. MK, Snake, Falco, Diddy are probably gonna stay higher than him. People like Marth and IC's might also wedge their way over him.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If it was based on matchups and strengths/weaknesses Falco really wouldn't be that high, nor would ICs.

4th/5th is right.

Snake is the only character that would stay up there because his strengths are so positively ridiculous that they massively outweigh his less-than-minor weaknesses.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Hey guys, im a Mk main from North Carolina. I second wario, and for the past few weeks have realy been thinking of giving up mk. I know hes broken and has no losing match ups yadayadayada. But i really feel more in control when using wario( air mobility is ridiculous) Last weekend at a tourney, i was losing WF's 0-2 in an mk ditto, then brought it back to 2-2 when i switched to wario. i ended up losing the last match . besides me, snapp and damage points are our only Wario players, so maybe the guy had Match up johns. I would like to know if anyone is using wario, simply cause they feel they do better with him, even if there mk is good. or who here has dropped a previous main or higher tier main for wario?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
I think he'd be 4th-6th.

Honestly many people believe he's better than ICs right now, I think they're going below him. Marth amd Falco are kinda a toss-up.

Edit: I dropped Ness back in the past for Wario. I knew I was good and stuff with him and at the time my Wario was terrible and I barely used him. I simply took over with Wario because a friend of mine recommended I should have.

You shouldn't really drop MK, but main one and pocket the other. MK and Wario kinda go hand and hand pretty well.

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
Wario and mk is the best combo in the game tbh.

Btw is it better to face a mk main with wario or go mk ditto when you second mk?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Hunger is right? Wario's really not that amazing of a character, and you would be dumb to drop MK for Wario (not pick up, but drop)

Damage Points

Smash Ace
ive seen good mks lose to warios... not all mks play gay like ksizzle. i think that match up is 60:40 is both characters are even skill level.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
They lose to Wario's, or get really close to losing, because they either don't know the matchup or the Wario knows it noticeably better. 6:4 is honestly being generous IMO. 65:35 isn't out of the question.

You can also have closer sets if the MK is legitimately having a bad day, but for the most part no

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
Even if Wario does better against MK than most characters, it doesn't really make up for the fact that Meta Knight is by far the best character in the game. His potential at a professional level is almost flawless and unlimited by just about any playstyle.

If I wasn't such a pride-filled mother****er, I would probably pick him up as well. The only reason I haven't is because ZSS and Wario are two of his largest counters and my mains. Since Falcon can't do **** against a good MK, I don't even bother with him in that match-up.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Pretty good. I'm gonna try to go to MLG colombus since that is right after my birthday, then probably MLG Dallas when it rolls out.

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
lolsrsly.

Reword my quote and put "two of the better characters to use against MK". At least they aren't completely demolished by him at a professional level. 'Counter' would have been pushing it, a lot.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
ugghhhh, but TKD recently wrecked a WC toruney using fox. Big players like chu, dehf, tyrant, havok, dsf, tearbear etc were in that tourney. surely if a fox can do it, a wario can.

Damage Points

Smash Ace
Keith get outta here go to your MK forums!!! Honestly tho you have one of the best if not the best MK in our state why would you switch to wario your !!!!ing nuts.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
haha thanks, but i just feel like even though MK is overpowered, it doesnt mean you can just play him and always auto win. No matter how many people say it. I like wario alot, and will try and pick him up again. I'll still use mk but i will probably use wario more often.

Btw, could people tell me who the top 5 wario's are? and what there playstyles are? i know malcolm is a little aggro, but i dont play like that. I saw krystedez vids, but i feel he's too unorthodox for my taste.

Top Bottom