• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Playing MK on SV is WAY harder to me than on BF. Next time I'll try to get BF whenever I can against MK.

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
Well... platforms give me a chance to approach easier when he's not camping hard. I can play more aggressive on that stage than SV. And he can't really dair camp me as well as on SV.

But really, I get ***** against good MKs on SV, BF much less. It may be a personal preference, but I think it's easier.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Well... platforms give me a chance to approach easier when he's not camping hard. I can play more aggressive on that stage than SV. And he can't really dair camp me as well as on SV.

But really, I get ***** against good MKs on SV, BF much less. It may be a personal preference, but I think it's easier.
How do you approach easier with the platforms ? Especially if MK is under one of the platforms ?

PieDisliker

Smash Lord
NNID
PieDisliker
How do you approach easier with the platforms ? Especially if MK is under one of the platforms ?
Like I said, his dair camping is less effective, which makes approaching easier. Under a platform, I generally avoid approaching but if I'm tempted I'll give fair or bair or nair a go. And once or twice a match I'll bring out the bike for some speed/priority/confusion.

I'm not very experienced as a player, as I can't get out to tournies. I've only been to two tourneys so far... one I couldn't even stick around enough to enter Brawl Singles. But that one legit tourney I entered... I got ***** by the SAME MK that Jnig beat 3-1 (his only loss on SV, 2nd loss I didn't even go Wario)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
MK is really good against Wario on BF. I used to take MK's there on purpose. Now I usually don't.

Frigate is kind of annoying for Wario against MK. The transformation makes it really easy for MK to wall you with that obnoxious platform in the way. You CAN CG him in the middle of that part however. From like 20ish to roughly 60-70 I believe.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Like I said, his dair camping is less effective, which makes approaching easier. Under a platform, I generally avoid approaching but if I'm tempted I'll give fair or bair or nair a go. And once or twice a match I'll bring out the bike for some speed/priority/confusion.

I'm not very experienced as a player, as I can't get out to tournies. I've only been to two tourneys so far... one I couldn't even stick around enough to enter Brawl Singles. But that one legit tourney I entered... I got ***** by the SAME MK that Jnig beat 3-1 (his only loss on SV, 2nd loss I didn't even go Wario)
Ah I see that's understandable then.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I dont know if this is where this should be posted but I just cae up with an amazing mind game.

If do any animation in the game and then buffer holding your control stick back and pressing shield it will look like Wario is facing backwards with his shield up when he is actually facing forwards. Because of this your opponent will think your facing the wrong way and you can grab him or her because of this.

Works like a charm

leatherhead93

Smash Journeyman
It must be some glitch you found im not sure how that works. Turning around takes one frame so that could be it not sure o_O

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Let me try and explain better.

If you're facing right and try to tilt your shield left you'll prolly roll.

But if you do an attack facing right or air dodge to the ground facing right but buffer shield + pressing your control stick as hard as you can left, wario will buffer pushing his shield all the way back.

Here's the thing, when wario tilts his shield back he actually turns around unlike any other character. But like every character he's stull facing forward..

Because you're buffering it. Your opponent won't see that you're just tilting your shield back

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Wario doesn't turn around when he tilts his shield back. Also you're very prone to being shield stabbed if you do that
Yes he does. he turns around inside his shield.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
HE TURNS AROUND WHEN DONE CORRECTLY FLARBLE

He not gonna play Wario he too busy with IC

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yes I'm working on wario he's so much fun. Icies are boring even though I main them.

hunger!

Smash Champion
So.........Question.

Am i the only wario that does Bite with item(tire mostly or nana) in hand, Far Glide Toss ->free followup (fart grab fsmash dtilt anything)

At low percent, it's a guaranteed 29%(grab)-64%(full fart)

???????

Just a lil somethin' i do.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
It's not guaranteed. They can either DJ, are airborne when you hit them with a projectile, can shield, or in the case of the tire they can SDI quite a bit to escape from your follow up. Varies by character weight, how floaty they are, % you catch them with Bite, etc.

hunger!

Smash Champion
guranteed at 0% on non-heavies. They def cant jump out. They prolly can SDI though. w/e it's nifty and i dont see anyone else doing it. but whatev

Grinpis

Smash Cadet
i have a problem when i do dair my rival often grab me how i avoid this?.

what is better a normal dacus ( run C stickdown z+up?)
or buffered dacus ( i dont know how to do it )

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
SDI unguarantees almost everything in brawl, except at incredibly low percents.

If you don't want to get grabbed out of dair, do rising dairs, or hit their shield with only the last couple of hitboxes and then buffer into something else. Buffered DACUS and regular DACUS are about the same in distance... one's just buffered out of something else and the other isn't. Use the former for getting away or a random surprise, I guess.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Thats actually a pretty cool idea hunger. I havent tried that before. And realistically, half the stuff people can SDI, they wont SDI. It's why I still continue to use dacus.

Top Bottom