• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Can someone make a thread of Wario's potential in teams? And also a weekly discussion of partners with Wario please.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Ok I have question. How am I suppose to play Wario properly if he's so **** sexy? I cannot win a SINGLE time with him because I am always thinking about doing dirty things to him. He really distracts me and I feel it is really detracting from my ability to play as him. Maybe I'm using his *** taunt too much and trying to look at it and not attacking enough? Do you think that is the reason? I mean I don't get it I go Wario, and get 3 stocked by a Link because when I tried to recover after I gimped him with n-air I fantasize about how he might be in bed and I SD. Then I go Kirby, 2 stock the guy and even nearly zero death him. I felt so dumb and ashamed for disgracing the sexiest character in the game. I really, REALLY want to play Wario, maybe he's just not meant for me? Please help! I'm not being funny I have NEVER EVER won a match with him! :( I ****ing lost to a Falcon he just grab released me to f-air that's all he did and I lost!!!! :mad:

Palpi

Smash Hero
Ok I have question. How am I suppose to play Wario properly if he's so **** sexy? I cannot win a SINGLE time with him because I am always thinking about doing dirty things to him. He really distracts me and I feel it is really detracting from my ability to play as him. Maybe I'm using his *** taunt too much and trying to look at it and not attacking enough? Do you think that is the reason? I mean I don't get it I go Wario, and get 3 stocked by a Link because when I tried to recover after I gimped him with n-air I fantasize about how he might be in bed and I SD. Then I go Kirby, 2 stock the guy and even nearly zero death him. I felt so dumb and ashamed for disgracing the sexiest character in the game. I really, REALLY want to play Wario, maybe he's just not meant for me? Please help! I'm not being funny I have NEVER EVER won a match with him! :( I ****ing lost to a Falcon he just grab released me to f-air that's all he did and I lost!!!! :mad:
Wario shouldn't get grabbed that much.

I am picking Wario as a CP! Question, is bike used as a "tech chase" after a bite or any move that hits my opponent to the ground, like a downthrow a legitmate follow-up if they tend to roll away? After I read their rolls in to my bite once they tend to roll away, was just wondering.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
Man dude I do that too...

notrly

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
She is a girl, therefore she is obviously infatuated with Wario.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
What's the Wario Doppelganger and is there a video on it? I've looked everywhere and can't find it.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Question, is bike used as a "tech chase" after a bite or any move that hits my opponent to the ground, like a downthrow a legitmate follow-up if they tend to roll away? After I read their rolls in to my bite once they tend to roll away, was just wondering.
no don't do that
What is wrong with that? I've done it before. It isn't a ton of damage, but if you do it correctly it doesn't seem punishable.

BMX

Smash Lord
Dthrow is an excellent pseudo CG.

Here's a taste.

1st. Dthrow.
2nd. If they spotdodge, predict and grab again
3rd. Dthrow.
4th. Fsmash.

Works on predictable people. -_^b

TheMike

Smash Lord
Here's a taste.

1st. Dthrow.
2nd. If they spotdodge, predict and grab again
3rd. Dthrow.
4th. Fsmash.
Or the buffered CG, right? What about Fthrow > Dash Shield > Shield Grab(predicting ur opponent's AD/punishing some attack)? Is this usefull?

Also, is there any guaranteed sequence after any of Wario's throws?

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Probably because there are better options...
Like what? If I got off a low percent bite and the opponent landed a distance away from me I don't know of any other good options to punish. I could wait and hope they roll towards me for another bite or fsmash. But if they roll away I don't think I could get at them before they get a chance to reset.

I just think your post was excessively useless because you didn't give any examples.

TheMike

Smash Lord
Like what? If I got off a low percent bite and the opponent landed a distance away from me I don't know of any other good options to punish. I could wait and hope they roll towards me for another bite or fsmash. But if they roll away I don't think I could get at them before they get a chance to reset.

I just think your post was excessively useless because you didn't give any examples.
The bite puts the opponent in the air, where Wario is great. Got it? ^^

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If you want to punish a roll with bike, do it after dthrow. TBH though guys, I find myself very very rarely using dthrow anymore. People are learning that they just need to roll/jump up and away to avoid punishment, I'd rather fthrow for more damage or even uthrow for even better positional advantage.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I usually Fthrow most of the time. However Dthrow is immensely useful when you have opponent's trapped.

E.g. I'm on Brinstar, back facing the edge. I'm positioned to where Snake would BARELY land on the edge (or barely fall off, either one is good.) So basically, in that position, I grab and Dthrow. Now, there are a few scenarios that can occur:

A. Snake barely lands right on the edge

a1. He shields, you Fsmash and it knocks him off the edge (either hopefully offstage or where he grabs the edge. Either one is good for Wario.)

a2. He shields, you regrab and either pummel him until he falls down, or you Fthrow for extra damage.

a3. He shields, you Bite/Attack his Shield with Dair/Uair. He either takes damage or falls offstage.

aa1. He Spotdodges, you wait and grab him.

aa2. He Spotdodges, you read it and Attack him.

aaa1. He rolls backwards (he has no room to roll), so you get a free hit on him.

aaaa1. He rolls forward and you regrab/hit him (you can be mean and grab him facing the same way as before and just Dthrow him again to reset the position)

B. Snake barely falls off the edge

b1. Depending on when exactly he falls off the edge (also depends on the %), you can sometimes buffer a dash grab and catch him.

b2. He falls off, you Fsmash and catch him before he can catch the edge (very situational, not guaranteed to work).

b3. He falls off, you wait for his DJ attack/Airdodge and punish.

b4. He falls off and grabs the edge, and now you have Snake on the edge :)

b5. He DJ Cypher away/towards the stage, you punish accordingly.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Yeah. I've started telling people that honestly the best choice usually is to roll away after the Dthrow. Wario has to run full speed/pull out his Bike/Dacus at them if he wants any shot at punishing them. Now you CAN punish it if you predict it, as I've punished Dojo and Infinity countless times with Dthrow where I knew they would roll away so I just ran full speed at them after the throw and caught them with a dash grab. But for the most part, it's too hard figuring out Spotdodge, Roll, Shield, or attack all at the same time.

culexus・wau

Purchased premium only to change name ><
How long does it take for Wario to regain his bike back after it falls off the stage/is broken?

I get really annoyed whenever I SD/get gimped because I SideB too early and wario does that "wheres mah bike?" animation. <<

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Go to FD.

Go near the edge. Jump and Bike, tilt the bike back slightly and jump. Then, in the air, wait a bit and double Jump. Move towards the center of the stage. Do not fast fall. Once you land, run towards the edge, and repeat. You should have your bike back by then.

I think it takes 4.5 seconds, maybe a bit shorter or longer, to get it back. I'll look into it.

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
Also, do you have to touch the ground before you get it back? If I jumped off my bike to recover and I got hit back away from the stage can I count on the bike being available if I had no other way to get back to the stage?

I really hate asking technical questions I could test myself, but I can't seem to get the computer to properly hit me so I don't touch the stage, but stay in the air long enough.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
You do not have to touch the ground to get it back. Trust me on this one, I would know.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I still think dthrow is amazing at, at least, low percents. It is still my favourite throw. It can mindgame the opponent and you can also get a taste of what they are like. if they roll behind you, they are impatient or aggresive(ex. MK roll behind you to attempt dsmash lulz), if they spot dodge they are careful, if they roll away or jump, they have knowledge. I mean, it isn't fully going to determine, but it shows a bit of the opponent. I also like dthrow to turn around jab to grab or jab-crouch-cancelled-to another jab then grab or whatever you want. Another thing is, if you can predict them like two or three times in a row, that is a serious mindgame because they will be wary when they are dthrowed again and may make a predictable move. This also works at high percents because they WILL most likely roll away or shield (you can grab again easily)

Fthrow is amazing at high percents, gets them out of your comfort zone and more time to think. you are the one chasing and they are being chased so the pressure is mainly on them.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Well, I guess it's time I make my pass over to Wario here and ask this question here. Idk if I have or not, but if I have, here it is again;

Long story short, I need to contact some good Warios with some good Pit experience, so I can get some recent Pit v Wario discussions going, not to mention it being in the Wario's point-of-view.

So the question is, can some good warios help me with the matchup data? The Pit v Wario stuff will he in a document where all of the Pit matchups will be summariezed, which I can send the document to u on AIM.
You can contact me via PM or AIM (AIM recommended due to document). What I ask for the contributing Warios is a detailed summary of the Pit v Wario matchup, including capabilities, Edgeguarding/gimping, Stage CPs/bans, and u get the idea.

I would appreciate your support guys, especially since Pit has a disadvantage against him.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Something weird involving a sidestep and a fsmash. I don't know all the details so I thought I'd ask.

BMX

Smash Lord
SO I played OOS yesterday... preferably NJ.

I honestly was confused those matches because it is very unfamiliar.

How do you guys handle it??

Top Bottom