• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wario Q&A Thread

Popertop

Smash Champion
you have to get your brain in gear and be prepared to adjust very quickly

have a couple different playstyles you can switch from each stock
don't play an entire match the same the whole way through

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
???

Playing people OOS you have to sandbag them obviously. Even in tournament, if you are facing someone OOS you can't play your best.

Also Masky he's talking about the Doppelganger. I've explained it a few times on other character matchup threads (Shiek and IC's for example), but now that I think of it I don't know if I've ever made a thread covering it/what it does/how it is done. PX and Fiction obviously know about it, I think I've told Slikvik about it IDK I'll go ask him. I'll start telling you guys about it in the Wario BR and maybe make a thread on it in the Wario boards.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I got another Wario question, guys. They have a nude texture hack of ZSS. Wario is like 10,000 times hotter than her. Why the HELL don't they have a nude texture hack of him!? :(

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well the answer is clear to me:

It would take very long and require a lot of finesse to properly sculpt Wario's girthy Pe*** using mere Pixels. We are not working with fine Marble; such a material is out of our grasp for the artistic challenge at hand. We must remain patient and give ample time to those seeking to establish a Legacy for themselves with the first Wario Nude Hack.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
Well the answer is clear to me:

It would take very long and require a lot of finesse to properly sculpt Wario's girthy Pe*** using mere Pixels. We are not working with fine Marble; such a material is out of our grasp for the artistic challenge at hand. We must remain patient and give ample time to those seeking to establish a Legacy for themselves with the first Wario Nude Hack.
Thank you. This answered my question and makes a lot of sense to me. I hope they perfect it soon! :lick:

Padô

Smash Lord
I'm having trouble with punishing characters with a good roll.
I don't know if I'm playing too agressive or I'm really doing it wrong.

Specially Lucario and Pit.
Characters with a regular roll like Ike and Wolf are getting on my nerves too.

Any tips?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
If you're good at fastfalling and buffering your aerials you won't even have to predict their rolls b/c you can just chase them with SH aerials. I do this, mostly. If they start rolling behind me a lot I'll bait them and then punish with a waft or dsmash.

Padô

Smash Lord
Thanks guys.
This might help.

And another question...

Everyone I play on Yoshi's Island is camping under the platform and nulifing my aerial game any tips on this too?

Thanks guys.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
More questions....

is it normal for me to become sexually aroused when Wario wrecks me with his Bike?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h9IGVtj-1Q

I thought it was pretty hot. I mean it put me from 50% to 110%. :lick: Yum.. rough... :lick:

But my major problem I'm having is fighting him. He is so sexy I am constantly at risk of being distracted by him and SD'ing. THIS PROBLEM IS REAL IM NOT BEING CUTE LOOK WHAT HAPPENS AT 2:07!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0fhx-UqUls&feature=related

I still managed to win because I was doing so well but this could cost me the match, or even the set if I'm at a tourny! I think Wario should be banned against female players! It's not fair he's so hot! :(

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
More questions....

is it normal for me to become sexually aroused when Wario wrecks me with his Bike?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6h9IGVtj-1Q

I thought it was pretty hot. I mean it put me from 50% to 110%. :lick: Yum.. rough... :lick:

But my major problem I'm having is fighting him. He is so sexy I am constantly at risk of being distracted by him and SD'ing. THIS PROBLEM IS REAL IM NOT BEING CUTE LOOK WHAT HAPPENS AT 2:07!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0fhx-UqUls&feature=related

I still managed to win because I was doing so well but this could cost me the match, or even the set if I'm at a tourny! I think Wario should be banned against female players! It's not fair he's so hot! :(
I'd advise you to take care of your sexual desires before you brawl.

Any tips of using Uair more effectively?

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Learn the spacing on it well, practice both using it as a fastfall/nonfastfall (the former will autocancel quite quickly on the ground). Basically the entirety of Wario is a hitbox. It's great when the opponent is at low percents b/c it has enough hitstun to combo into something else (like waft for damage or nair or something). After that the amount of use depends on which character you're fighting against and whether you want to save it for killing or not.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's just a massive pain. You have to find an opening and get them out of there ASAP.

Usually a running shield mixup or airdodge crossup or something.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Learn the spacing on it well, practice both using it as a fastfall/nonfastfall (the former will autocancel quite quickly on the ground). Basically the entirety of Wario is a hitbox. It's great when the opponent is at low percents b/c it has enough hitstun to combo into something else (like waft for damage or nair or something). After that the amount of use depends on which character you're fighting against and whether you want to save it for killing or not.
Ah I see. Thanks for the information I didn't realize that the non fast fallen one auto-canceled. I guess I need to hit training mode and such.

Watch some of the new PX videos he got a nice mix with UAirs. I really liked that videos.

Any more tips on Yoshi's Island under the platform campers?:(
I watched PX new vids and the ones of him against UTD Zach that's why I asked. I could of been like how do I **** with uair like px but I didn't want to sound like a groupie :chuckle:

Padô

Smash Lord
It's just a massive pain. You have to find an opening and get them out of there ASAP.

Usually a running shield mixup or airdodge crossup or something.
I watched your videos against Hylian I really liked how did you passed by the center platform and punished with Uair a tricky job though.

Thanks for the tips anyway.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
i stop playing wario then i come back cause i think i get better everytime i do that. Is there any guides that have the actual percentages a move does or can do? if so can some one copy in paste them into major guides? lol i almost revived DMGs guide with that question. Dont hurt me phantom

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Lol, so I discovered today that Wario's dash attack is guaranteed on Squirtle after grab release, totally worthless because it only does 5%, BUT WE CAN USE THE MOVE NOW!

Maybe if for whatever reason Squirtle is still alive at 130% you can do it to get him airborne, haha.

furiousduffmanx

Smash Lord
that is kind of an example... it really does 5%? if you cancel it you can do an upsmash an get more % phantom.

Sorry i am a damage *****... I play GW thats y i care so much lol

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It's only 5% b/c you're hitting with the ending part of the dash attack.

Wario has plenty damage output (17% upair and 23% fsmash, more or less), plus, you can only cancel the starting frames of dash attacks, not the ending ones. Our only low damage moves are really fair (7%, but it's a disruptor) nair, and jab (lol, it still does 8%, which is massive for a jab). Everything else is double digits. GW doesn't do that much damage anyway once you factor in SDI and all his multihits.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
I am starting to use Dash attack more with Wario, the move is mad good when done right.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
No it's not, not at all. The one time I've ever dash attacked in tournament it got me 9d by Zac. It's alright to throw in when they're in the hundreds if you want b/c it comes out fast, but it has so much lag on shield hits that they could make a sandwich before attacking you.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
I agree with DMG... I like dash attack. :x Obviously not on a shielding opponent though

PS: did anyone know that throwing the bike sideways does not damage it? i feel dumb that i only figured this out a couple weeks ago :laugh:
<_<

i always throw it down or off stage so i never noticed...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
IDK PX I've caught wayyyyy too many people offguard with that move and gotten away scot free. I know that G&W's Dash attack is one of his better moves (Zac agrees now, I showed him why).

Pwneroni

Smash Lord
Wario's dash attack is tied with d-tilt as his fastest move. Just be reeeeeeeeeally careful :p

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Lol, so I discovered today that Wario's dash attack is guaranteed on Squirtle after grab release, totally worthless because it only does 5%, BUT WE CAN USE THE MOVE NOW!

Maybe if for whatever reason Squirtle is still alive at 130% you can do it to get him airborne, haha.
I lol'd pretty hard when this happened yesterday.

Just good luck finding PTs in-tourney. :p

Humpy Thrashabout

Smash Journeyman
The only thing I've found useful about DA is catching an opponent as they land with no jumps. Usually the pop it gives them, is just enough for them to attempt a dair on my cooldown. But it gives me just enough time to shield so I can punish it. Against some players (players, not characters) it gives me a reliable Fsmash setup or an uptilt juggle.

In tactical Savior Legacy keeps showing neat videos about DACUS stuff. I saw this video were a Falco did a DA without moving, or delaying the movement or something. Is there anything like this possible with Wario?

I like some of the stuff SL is doing, but I just don't have the patience to figure out it's name and try and find instructions on how to perform things.

Top Bottom