• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

want CLOUD STRIFE in brawl? official thread.

LeonVII

Smash Apprentice
AttackstorM said:
would you be outraged? or over joyed? i would definantly main him. the best rpg character of all time coming to the best fighting game of all time would make super smash bros. brawl be out of this world in awesomeness!!!
Cloud isn't the best RPG character of all time. He hardly talks through the entire game and he is overated. It's all about FFVII. That game was the $*!% back then. and we don't need to see all of rookies maining cloud online.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
Who give a rats *** if he was put in it.Just because hes in the game doesnt mean he,ll make it any worse.It would just give you more incentive to destroy whoever plays as him.(and laugh as you wipe the floor their favorite video game character while they cry "how can cloud lose to jigglypuff! boo hoo hoo hoo")I think people would have said having pichu,y link and dr mario is a worse idea than having cloud or sephiroth if they,d known they would be in the game.(although i agree the ff7 loving noobs who,d play him online thinking their great would suck.)

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
He CANT be in the game. Yes, cant. He has never been on a Nintendo system so he CANT. That Sakoru, or whatever his name was, said that only characters who have been on Nintendo systems can join. So unless it is suddenly announced that FF 5,6,or 7(i dont know) will come to the GC this summer, he cant be in the game. And if we were going to have FF characters in the game, why wouldn't we put a moogle in? Those things are so... I'll say it, cute.

Wizzlecroff

Smash Ace
First of all, He has never been on a Nintendo System. Second of all, He is in YOUR OPINION the best rpg character. Or atleast I think he has never appeared on a Nintendo System...

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
He might appear in Mario Hoops 3 on 3, and he might have been in Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories for the GBA.

He still won't be in.

nomis

Smash Journeyman
pikaville said:
Who give a rats *** if he was put in it.Just because hes in the game doesnt mean he,ll make it any worse.
Yes, yes he would. Anything with Cloud reeks of crap ('cept the game).
McFox said:
I reopened this topic, even though Cloud will not appear i nthe game.
Why... why o why?! You've opened pandora's box and now we all are subject to the misfortunes of fankind! We will suffer from the plague of ignorance! Shower beneath the sorrow of Cloud! March through the valley of inflammatory remarks! And worst of all, the hope that lies beneath us all is still in that dreaded box.

You dwell on our souls and achieve mere amusement from our torment.

You, are a true Moderator, and I commend you of your actions.

Nicely done.

phatJacob07

Smash Cadet
I hadn't noticed this threads abrupt increase in post count.

Pogiforce-14 said:
I knew Samus was female, I've played Metroid games before. Besides, believe it or not I believe that alliance of the character is a little more important than any gender confusion it may have.

You're comment about paper mario is arguable, but the thing is that that wasn't my point. My point was is that everyone knows who Cloud is and where he comes from, even if they never even looked at FF7.
I was just saying that it's going pretty far to say that Snake is an obscure character; the gender of Samus was just there to show that Snake isn't obscure.

The comment about Paper Mario was made to the topic starter's claim that Cloud was the best RPG chracter; It was not directed towards you.

m0thersl0veme said:
lol @ you.
paper mario < every other rpg character.

Oh, lemme rephrase.

Paper Mario > you. :3

AttackstorM said:
I don't know where you guys got the rule that the characters have to be affiliated with Nintendo. Show me the qoute where Sakurai says that...otherwise Cloud for top teir ^_^
As translated by SamuraiPanda:

Non-Nintendo characters added into the game MUST have appeared on a Nintendo platform. The tentative number of non-Nintendo characters to be added is 1-2.

Take that, 1950's society!

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
phatJacob07 said:
I hadn't noticed this threads abrupt increase in post count.

I was just saying that it's going pretty far to say that Snake is an obscure character; the gender of Samus was just there to show that Snake isn't obscure.

The comment about Paper Mario was made to the topic starter's claim that Cloud was the best RPG chracter; It was not directed towards you.

Oh, lemme rephrase.

Paper Mario > you. :3

As translated by SamuraiPanda:

Non-Nintendo characters added into the game MUST have appeared on a Nintendo platform. The tentative number of non-Nintendo characters to be added is 1-2.

Take that, 1950's society!
like mcfox said he could be in hoops and has been in chain of memories for the GBA making him on a nintendo platform and i have a strong feeling sqaure might be helping with brawls development

SatanX

Smash Apprentice
If Cloud is in the game they should add another FF7 character like Vincent Valentine that you be sooo cool

phatJacob07

Smash Cadet
Granted, Cloud's probable appearance in Hoops and his role in Chain of Memories does qualify him for Brawl inclusion under the guideline I quoted.

>,<

However, Cloud looks exceedingly unlikely, due to the fact that there won't be more than 1 or 2 more 3rd party characters added, and Cloud probably isn't up there on the list of inclusion – not very high, anyway :D.

Kyzon Xin

Smash Journeyman
sorry to say to you all but cloud was
on kingdom hearts the gameboy one so he is
fair bait for smash brawl

EXE

Smash Cadet
Cloud would be much better than those lame characters like Sonic or those random Mario enemies that people want in.

Yay for Cloud!

Chaps

Smash Apprentice
I like hot dogs. I also like bananas. But if you mix the two together, it would be disgusting and gross (a banana with ketchup?). Even though they're both good by themselves, they just weren't made to go together.

I like Final Fantasy. I also like Smash Brothers. But if you mix the two together, it would be disgusting and gross. Even though they're both good by themselves, they just weren't made to go together.

D

Deleted member

That's the best thing I've heard in a long time, Chaps. So simple, and so true.

Cloud is Square-Enix's intellectual property. So, he may have only appeared in one game (that’s not to bad, a lot of good characters have), but the money to purchase the rights for him could be used better. It isn’t Final Fantasy Brothers, its Nintendo’s All Stars for a reason.

Don't get me wrong, Cloud's cool, but I don't think he deserves to be in every game in existence...

Anyways: http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/14490166/

No flamez.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
i don't think cloud has any chance of being added. if anyone comes from FF7, it'd be sephiroth, but he won't make it either. but he has 20x the chance of making it as cloud does.

RisingKen

Smash Cadet
WindGuru said:
That's the best thing I've heard in a long time, Chaps. So simple, and so true.

Cloud is Square-Enix's intellectual property. So, he may have only appeared in one game (that’s not to bad, a lot of good characters have), but the money to purchase the rights for him could be used better. It isn’t Final Fantasy Brothers, its Nintendo’s All Stars for a reason.

Don't get me wrong, Cloud's cool, but I don't think he deserves to be in every game in existence...

Forget Cloud and Sephiroth, I want Isaac and Alex.
I completely agree. I don't really want to see anyone from final fantasy, it just isn't meant to be.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
I agree with everyone that says that cloud probably won't be in the game. He is not a product of nintendo and as someone stated before has only had one game that he was the star in. Don't get me wrong, cloud is one of my favorite characters of all time and my mind would be in a state of overwhelming excitment if, by some slim chance, he was in the game but he has at least a 90% chance of not being included. The two remaining third party characters will probably be megaman and sonic. Megaman for his overall contribution to the nintendo empire and sonic due to an incredible amount of fan support(I'm not one of them).

P.S. Everyone that says that they would not buy brawl simply because of the addition of a third party character they don't like is a stone cold liar of just plain stupid considering that you don't have to pick them yourself. I am against the addition of snake and will not ever pick him but that won't stop me from making the purchase

Grizz Lee

Smash Apprentice
I would be annoyed. People want him in just because he was in your favorite game which has nothing to do with Nintendo. Thats like saying "I want the lead singer of my favorite band in the game, just because he is my favorite." Ehf that.

AndoryuuChaos

Smash Cadet
BIRDMAN22 said:
I agree with everyone that says that cloud probably won't be in the game. He is not a product of nintendo and as someone stated before has only had one game that he was the star in. Don't get me wrong, cloud is one of my favorite characters of all time and my mind would be in a state of overwhelming excitment if, by some slim chance, he was in the game but he has at least a 90% chance of not being included. The two remaining third party characters will probably be megaman and sonic. Megaman for his overall contribution to the nintendo empire and sonic due to an incredible amount of fan support.
That's exactly what i was thinking. Also though i believe that Knuckles would be included before Cloud would. I Love FFVII, but i sincerely doubt that Nintendo would ever include him due to the whole Nintendo and Square fall out.

Nayruu

Smash Rookie
omg yes... I WANT HIM IN. final fantasy games are on nintendo consoles. we just get a character from the best one. it just happened to be on the playstation. me <3s playstation and nintendo. xbox can go to hell.... but thats another topic for another day

y2kbakura

Smash Journeyman
cloud in smash brothers come on guys
people would complain but in the end they
would fall in love with cloud

sephiroth, uh, no

Ninja Lou

Smash Rookie
First off I am a Huge Nintendo fan and I am also a fan of FF. I also support the 3rd party characters in SSBB. I do agree that other Square characters would be a better choice. Cecil, Locke,Cid, Terra, Crono and hell even a Chocobo to name a few because they have starred on NES games and Cloud was just a summon in KH: Chain of memories. Yet I see some advantages to Cloud even though alot of people are against it. Also like Cloud alot of people hate the fact that Snake is in the game, mainly because they think it should only be Nintendo all stars. I think it would be brilliant if he was in. Ever since the 64 Nintendo has not been #1 system (the Gamecube didn't help) and they lost alot of support to the Playstation (heck they lost Rare to Xbox I heard, not 100% sure though about this one). There are alot of people that are huge Metal Gear fans and when they see Snake in the game they might just decide to pick up a Wii just to play him or people thinking about getting it might say "You know why not" (the system is cheap, compared to the Xbox and PS3). You put Cloud in and you can bet that alot of FF fanboys will be there to get the system just to use him again or it might be that push to finally convince them to get it. I am for anything that helps Nintendo sell systems, let it be a guy with a huge sword, a guy that fights huge robots that fire nukes, a little blue robot, or a super fast hedgehog I don't care as long as Nintendo does well.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I think Cloud would be good in the game, if Snake can get in then Cloud can. (except the fact that he's never been on a nintendo console, so I guess he really can't) I like Sephiroth, too, so if Cloud were in, then also Sephiroth. That's what I THINK. That's what Attackstorm was asking, what do you think. All you people who keep going on him for asking what you think should be ashamed of yourselves. He's a fellow smasher, he's family. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion and he didn't come on saying Cloud should be in, he just said he likes him, wants him in (in a lot of words), and wanted to know what you guys think. Put your sig back up Attaskstorm, as if noone else here has an offensive sig. **** them, they don't have to look at it.

On a side note, it could be argued that Cloud is the best RPG character of all time. Think for a second, he's the main character in the game that blew up the Final Fantasy series in this country. If it wasn't that popular, then we may have never seen any of the other ones after 7. Just because you like other characters more doesn't mean they're the best, it's more important and deeper than just who you like. I like a lot of RPG characters more than Cloud, too, but I'm not sitting here trying to say that means he's not the best RPG character. I'm also a very big fan of Final Fantasy Tactics and wish they put him in sooner so you wouldn't have to level him up so much that late in the game.

icymatt

Smash Lord
I'd say Cloud has a sliver of chance. It really all depends on Tetsuya Nomura.

But I am not a supporter of Cloud. Why? Because I'm tired of him, tired of FFVII, and tired of Squenix milking that cow dry/beating that dead horse. It's like they don't even want to come up with anything new anymore.

Besides, FFVII is not the best FF game and Cloud is not the best RPG character ever(He is the most overused, however. The main characters of FFVIII-X are technically all Cloud with different hairstyles :psycho: ) Remember, most popular does not = Best.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
I agree that Cloud has many clones in the FF games after 7 and that most popular doesn't mean best. That reiterates what I said, he could be the best because of the exposure that 7 gave to the Final Fantasy games. In a way, Squenix is doing the same thing Nintendo is doing with Mario. Except they can't do it like nintendo, cuz obviously people aren't getting tired of Mario games (for the most part) but many are getting tired of seeing games or movies or anything with Cloud in it. Maybe Squenix doesn't like Nintendo cuz it's jealous.

Grizz Lee

Smash Apprentice
Just because hes your favorite, doesn't mean he should be in Brawl. Get that meterosexual out of here.

TDub301

Smash Journeyman
That's like overkill because we didn't even need to see that to know he won't be in and that article is just like the icing on the cake for any Cloud fan who wants him in. "No offers"

D

Deleted member

Hey, I'm not against Cloud in Brawl. He just doesn't look very likely.

Rash

Smash Ace
Was FF7 ever on a Nintendo console? Was Cloud ever featured as a significant character in any games that have been on a Nintendo console? No. So he won't be in SSBB.

I'd love to see Cloud in the game, but he has absolutely no chance of getting in.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Did they mean no offers to Square Enix AT ALL? Or were they specifically talking about Final Fantasy? If the former is true, then we can kiss Geno goodbye, and it makes me angry that Nintendo didn't ask them when they've already started developing the game.

I think they were talking about the Final Fantasy series, because that was the creator who was talking in that interview. Can you clarify this WindGuru? That was a very interesting interview too.

D

Deleted member

Yup, its just about Final Fantasy. All you Geno fans (including me) are safe fo now. This doesn't entirely rule out Cloud either, it just means Sakurai didn't immediately ask for the rights.

SmashMasterVin

Smash Rookie
If they decide to use a Final Fantasy Character they will use Cloud, no question. He's the star of the movie, and is the most prominent character in the series (maybe not the most popular or "best" but the most recognizable).

I agree it's probably unlikely that they'll include FF characters, but Mario Hoops now includes FF characters, so the two companies are trading characters. As a result, I wouldn't discount the possibility entirely.

Top Bottom