• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

want CLOUD STRIFE in brawl? official thread.

CronoMaster

Smash Apprentice
would you be outraged? or over joyed? i would definantly main him. the best rpg character of all time coming to the best fighting game of all time would make super smash bros. brawl be out of this world in awesomeness!!!

Cloud is far from being the best rpg character of all time, for some reason that i dont really understand he is the most popular final fantasy character, and his game is the most popular, which i dont understand either, but well

I dont like him, but the real reason why i wouldnt want him in brawl is because if he is in, then that will mean that other better Square choices will be left out. Anyway, i dont think any FF character will be in, but if there is one, it would be good if they include an actual great char, Kefka for example (which is the most badass FF villian.. unlike the dumb but popular ff7 sephiroth ¬¬)

I think characters like Crono and Geno have better chances, but if Cloud is in i will at least have a very good time beating the sh*t out of any Cloud user XD

InjuredPelican

Smash Cadet
I think what it comes down to is if square enix has a character at all. If they do, then I think Cloud is the most logical choice, due to his popularity. If he didn't, and instead Sora or Chrono got picked (I'm not saying Geno, because for all intents and purposes, Geno's a Mario character) Cloud would probably end up at least as an AT and even a sticker. So it's all depends on if square enix even wants someone in.

Nyan

Smash Apprentice
I think what it comes down to is if square enix has a character at all. If they do, then I think Cloud is the most logical choice, due to his popularity. If he didn't, and instead Sora or Chrono got picked (I'm not saying Geno, because for all intents and purposes, Geno's a Mario character) Cloud would probably end up at least as an AT and even a sticker. So it's all depends on if square enix even wants someone in.
Cloud isn´t even nearly the most logical choise. Black Mage, Moogle and Crono are the most logical choises as an SE character. Cloud= One CAMEO apperence on the GBA where Sora was the main character=FAIL!

And why Sora may I ask? He have two main games and four sipn-offs, and only one is released. Two of the spin-offs have him as main character one on the GBA and noe has him as a cameo (DS). (dosen´t even represent FF)

Crono ha a good chanse, as he had two wiedly popular games on the SNES (correct me if I´m wrong)

Moogle has appered in every FF game since III, and is a mascot for Square. Can represent many FF series.

Black Mage, first FF ever, ws in the game that saved Square, is wary popular and even iconic for Square. Represents many FF series and most importantly, the first!

You have to think Square on nintendo consoles, not square(-enix) today! Snake looks like he looked in Twin Snakes, Sonic looks like the adventure sonic (the ports to GC), It´s Konami and SEGA at nintendo consoles, it isn´t MGS4 Snake or genesis Sonic. It´s what they are on Nontendo consoles.

Cloud or Sora isn´t square on Nintendo consoles, if you ask someone What games Sora has been in they answer KH and KH2 (on PS2) someone may actually say CoM but not many. If you would ask what games Cloud has been in the answer would be certantly FF7 (PS). BM would get FF or many FF's and Moogle would certantly cer most FF's.

Ther you have it, my idea on why Could (and Sora) isn´t gonna be in Brawl.

J-Red

Smash Cadet
I personally think Cloud would make a logical choice for a character for brawl. As previously stated, he did appear in the GBA Kingdom Hearts game, and square has a good relation with nintendo. The next reason why I think Cloud would be great, because he has had the biggest fan-based rivalry with our very own Hero of Time for the past ten years. I think that alone could fuel the source to include Cloud into the game. He would also be rather simple to create a moveset for, with materia and limit breaks and such. Not to also mention Omnislash which would would perfectly counter-act Link's triforce slash, not to mention be rediculously badass. Though I think his chances are rather lower compared to some others, his addition would be freaking awesome, being one of the most notable Final Fantasy mascots there is.

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
All the Mr. Strife haters out there and all the people that are fans of him and yet they don't want him on Brawl would eventually love him if he appeared on Brawl. Ya know, kinda how people were hesitant at Snake's arrival on the game.

You guys KNOW I'm right.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
All the Mr. Strife haters out there and all the people that are fans of him and yet they don't want him on Brawl would eventually love him if he appeared on Brawl. Ya know, kinda how people were hesitant at Snake's arrival on the game.

You guys KNOW I'm right.
what this guy said.

cloud 4 brawl!

hungrybum

Smash Journeyman
never in hell, cloud ain't even nintendo.... what are you expecting after that.... master chief? kratos? they are all the same

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
never in hell, cloud ain't even nintendo.... what are you expecting after that.... master chief? kratos? they are all the same
Last time I checked Bungie has nothing to do with Nintendo and neither does whatever company makes God of War games.

I'm only saying Cloud has a chance because of the music composers are from Square Enix.

Top Bottom