• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

want CLOUD STRIFE in brawl? official thread.

Impp

Smash Ace
Yes, Yes, Yes Cloud. I'm not even a big fan of the series, but third party characters is just what smash needs. Cloud Vs. Link. Link avoiding Cloud's materia blast, and then shooting an arrow in clouds face. Omnislash would probably be his special. Maybe Ultima, but probably Omnislash. He'd fit in smash bros. better than Snake does. But Snake not fitting in is exactly why it's so brillaint. Seeing him get Kirby in a choke hold with a dead serious look on his face will just be hilarious.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I'd support Cloud to be in it, although If he was to be in it, then you'd also have to include the Master Chief.:)

Ryuuseiken Marth

Smash Apprentice
Impp said:
Yes, Yes, Yes Cloud. I'm not even a big fan of the series, but third party characters is just what smash needs. Cloud Vs. Link. Link avoiding Cloud's materia blast, and then shooting an arrow in clouds face. Omnislash would probably be his special. Maybe Ultima, but probably Omnislash. He'd fit in smash bros. better than Snake does. But Snake not fitting in is exactly why it's so brillaint. Seeing him get Kirby in a choke hold with a dead serious look on his face will just be hilarious.
Yeah, but I wouldn' t be too enthusiastic about Cloud being in. I want Kefka in more, since he'd make a good villain conterpart for Pit AWA another villain for Link.

Cloud could fit in as part of the FF7 vs Ocarina of Time rivalry AWA(as well as) the new Fire Emblem vs Final Fantasy, but his appearance would be a huge insult for Camelot.

Screw Cloud, Crono is great, Magus would be better, but FLONNE rules all ^_^
Yeah, Magus would be awesome, especially fighting in his(or Dracula's) Castle

vlad

Smash Cadet
first things first.people say why not some other ff character or there is no ff mascots.cloud is from ff7 which is still rated in the top 20 rpgs of all time.second during the e3 convention they unveiled a preveiw of a game featuring cloud that was for nintendo and the ps3 game consoles.and last but not least if cloud was added it would be because he is one of the more famous characters of the ff series its why they made a movie after him and his fight with sephiroth

Pogiforce-14

Smash Cadet
Snake is one thing. Snake is obscure enough where people can forget what system he's really from. But Cloud, Cloud is undeniably immortalized in every gamers mind as Sony property. Smash Bros. has always been about the Nintendo Characters. It's the same reason why Sonic wouldn't make it: he's too well known under a different system label.

phatJacob07

Smash Cadet
Excuse me sir, but best RPG character of all time would have to be Paper Mario.

And to answer the topic question:

NO.

EDITzor: If you think Snake is obscure, then you'd probably think Samus was a guy.

Not sure how that logic works out, exactly, but I'm sure someone's brave enough to figure it out.

Pogiforce-14

Smash Cadet
I knew Samus was female, I've played Metroid games before. Besides, believe it or not I believe that alliance of the character is a little more important than any gender confusion it may have.

You're comment about paper mario is arguable, but the thing is that that wasn't my point. My point was is that everyone knows who Cloud is and where he comes from, even if they never even looked at FF7.

MrPapaya

Smash Rookie
No. Cloud isn't a Nintendo character at all. He'd also probably end up really similiar to Link or Marth.

Infil

Smash Journeyman
As stated before, Cloud will not make it in because he is unmistakably associated with all things PlayStation and Sony. I don't really see Sonic making it in for the same reason, although it's only slightly more possible because Sega is no longer a console threat to them (plus, they've gotten along well and have released multiple Sonic games on Nintendo products recently). Still, though, I think the original barrier will prove too much for Sonic.

I think if they're going to include an FF character, they'll include Kefka. The ultimate villain, and originally on a Nintendo console. Kefka was the ultimate bad guy from all the SNES games put together, basically.

Personally, I think Snake fits in well. He's originally Nintendo based, and it goes well with the new gritty look the franchise seems to be taking (which I'm all for). Plus, Snake will sell a lot of copies of this game. Personally, I think he's the perfect "surprise character". I can't wait to see what else they've got. Who would have thought characters like Marth/Roy/MrG&W would have made it in to Melee? There's lots of potential for surprises.

PeachMystique

Smash Rookie
XZero BeatX said:
I'd support Cloud to be in it, although If he was to be in it, then you'd also have to include the Master Chief.:)
ok i think that is more than crossing the line....cloud is one thing....but if you include master cheif.....thats a little too much! They would def. include sonic before they include master cheif!

blitzer21

Smash Apprentice
CANADA! Got It Memorized? Join Blade Beamers!
I dont think this is the best topic to make because a lot of people at this nintendo based forum would probably side with nintendo characters over play station characters. however im a cloud supporter and i think it would be interesting to be able to do an omnislash styled attack.

L!ME

Smash Rookie
I don't recall Cloud ever being on a Nintendo console.

And, if he was, I'd quit the game if he was in it.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
L!ME said:

a final fantesy game was on gba and another on gamecube.

I think cloud MIGHT make it.hes not THAT sexy that 99% people would use him(im the last remaining 1%)

Lt. Killjoy

Smash Ace
If they do put Cloud in the game (that's a big IF) I hope they make him suck. I think that would be hilarious to see pichu beating the hell out of Cloud. However, I'd much rather see Chrono or Kefka in it. Crono seems to fit it better, because he was cartoony enough. Kefka is just badass. If you've never played FF3/6 and seen how evil Kefka is then I'd recommend it.

WanderingAngel

Smash Journeyman
L!ME said:

well cloud did appear on Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories for the GBA even thou im a cloud fan he doesnt have anything to do with nintendo still i would main him if he comes out which i dont think he will... :chuckle:

L!ME

Smash Rookie
Hm...so he was on a very minor dimple of the Nintendo success...NO. Lame fanboys, he would be a stupid addition to the game! I would be pissed to see his stupid face in the game. Play Soul Calibur 3, pick Sigfried, Costume 2, and a ****ing SLAB OF METAL. There. God ****, i'm sick of seeing Cloud.

Utimaweapon689

Smash Rookie
cloud would be cool to have in brawl for many reasons. everyone wants to have link verse cloud just like in the gamefaqs charecter fights. if you like cloud you can play with him. if you dont dont like him you can beat the **** out of him with your fav nintendo charecter. cloud would sell more wii consoles then any other posible 3rd party charecter and thats a good thing.

m0thersl0veme

Smash Rookie
phatJacob07 said:
Excuse me sir, but best RPG character of all time would have to be Paper Mario.

And to answer the topic question:

NO.

EDITzor: If you think Snake is obscure, then you'd probably think Samus was a guy.

Not sure how that logic works out, exactly, but I'm sure someone's brave enough to figure it out.

lol @ you.
paper mario < every other rpg character.

Ball3rin4 RocK3t

Smash Rookie
NO. While Cloud is one of the most popular characters of all video game history, he is still unmistakably and undoubtably one of Sony's symbols. He is from FINAL FANTASY, and thus SQUARE ENIX, which is almost exclusively for the playstation. It would be complete and utter stupidity if he was put into Super Smash Bros. It would be frankly, like the playstation producing a mario or legend of zelda game. I might understand like other people if it was Crono (still would piss me off but..), but not Cloud. He may have appeared in one gba game, but that doesn't make him a nintendo character.

Him being in the game would invariably piss everyone, even the Square Enix and Cloud fanbase off, so no.

If you want to see him in a fighting game start rallying for a square enix version of supersmash.

Impp

Smash Ace
Cloud being Smash would not piss his fans off. They'd get a new game in which to play as him in. They'd be ripped

Ball3rin4 RocK3t

Smash Rookie
Impp said:
Cloud being Smash would not piss his fans off. They'd get a new game in which to play as him in. They'd be ripped
Well lets put it this way.... I'm a major fan of Cloud and I would be pissed off like hell.

Cloud just doesn't belong in a nintendo game. Especially not a game that features characters like Kirby and Mario. It just doesn't work.

Lets use my reasoning as a fan of Cloud rather than of a fan of Smash as an example. Why the heck should cloud be in a nintendo game where he can't use all of his abilities and can't face off against other square enix characters? No Sephiroth? No Squall and no Tidus? Plus if he is included as a character Nintendo would probably **** him. Cloud is too strong within his game. If he was given all the abilities he posesses in FFVII or the other games he would be a god character and it would ruin the game. And since he is too powerfull, Nintendo would most likely get rid of most of his limits, including omnislash, and leave him with mediocre abilities in the lower tiers. Now that would piss off a lot of Cloud fans.

Impp

Smash Ace
Well I'm a fan of Cloud, and I want him in the game. Think of it as a stripped down materia-less Cloud. I think they'd make him decent, though.
I said this in a couple threads already, but this reminds me of back in the day of the first smash bros. when some Zelda fans got pissed because they were like "Link would friggin kill Mario, this games B.S.", and now they're like "Sweet,... Link"
Guess, it's all opinion,
If Kirby was in a Square Enix game, though, I'd want to play it.

Ball3rin4 RocK3t

Smash Rookie
Impp said:
Well I'm a fan of Cloud, and I want him in the game. Think of it as a stripped down materia-less Cloud. I think they'd make him decent, though.
I said this in a couple threads already, but this reminds me of back in the day when some Zelda fans got pissed because they were like "Link would friggin kill Mario, this games B.S.", and now they're like "Sweet,... Link"
Guess, it's all opinion,
If Kirby was in a Square Enix game, though, I'd want to play it.

You see, theres a difference. Mario and Link are both from nintendo. That's just it. Some things just don't mix properly.

Even if they did make him decent it would cause problems. The diehard nintendo fans would complain that he gets better movesets just because he's Cloud. Because if he's decent, it would mean he would be in the middle tier beating out characters like Link and Kirby. (Even though I highly doubt that Link and Kirbywill still be in the lower tiers in this game)

And if they let in Cloud, one of the most famous symbols of Sqaure Enix and Playstation, what's to stop them from letting in other characters? Sonic? Dante? It might cause a flood of non nintendo characters into the game, including characters that people wouldn't have even heard of or like. I frankly don't want to see a nintendo game where Sephiroth gets his *** whooped by Crash Bandicoot. And as a game known for only using Nintendo franchised characters, then where would the game be? It wouldn't be Super Smash anymore, it would just be some fighting game that uses characters from lots of video games.

But yes it might be just opinion.

And as for Kirby in Square Enix..... They would have to be on some kinda drugs to make that, considering that they're an rpg company.

burrito

Smash Lord
I would be pretty pissed if Cloud was in this game. Each character should have at least something to do with Nintendo. If they added cloud, they might as well add Master Cheif, that guy from Grand theft auto, Scooby Doo etc.

Edit:
And as for Kirby in Square Enix..... They would have to be on some kinda drugs to make that, considering that they're an rpg company.
Actually Square-Enix is making the upcoming Mario Basketball game for the DS. Heh.

freeman123

Smash Lord
NNID
josephf5
Zen
no.... no i dont (it would be cool i guess, but out of place (like snake ^^))
How can he be out of place in SSB? The whole idea of SSB is to have characters from completely different games all in the same game. How the hell does Jigglypuff fit in with Captain Falcon?

XZero BeatX
I'd support Cloud to be in it, although If he was to be in it, then you'd also have to include the Master Chief.
What?

Ryuuseiken Marth
but his appearance would be a huge insult for Camelot.
how?

Pogiforce-14
Snake is one thing. Snake is obscure enough where people can forget what system he's really from. But Cloud, Cloud is undeniably immortalized in every gamers mind as Sony property.
What's it going to take to get you people to understand that ANY CHARACTER CAN BE IN SMASH AS LONG AS NINTENDO HAS PERMISSION FROM THE OWNER(S) OF THAT CHARACTER!!! There's no rule saying they had to have only been on Nintendo consoles, or started on a Nintendo console, or any other fake rule people like you make up on your own. Mickey Mouse could be in Smash if Disney gave Nintendo permission & Nintendo wanted to use him.

Pogiforce-14
It's the same reason why Sonic wouldn't make it: he's too well known under a different system label.
I wouldn't be saying Sonic can't get in unless you like eating your words. When Snake was confirmed & Miyamoto hinted that there "may be discussions about using other 3rd party characters", Sonic's chances shot up to being almost as good as Diddy Kong's.

Ball3rin4 RocK3t
NO. While Cloud is one of the most popular characters of all video game history, he is still unmistakably and undoubtably one of Sony's symbols. He is from FINAL FANTASY, and thus SQUARE ENIX, which is almost exclusively for the playstation. It would be complete and utter stupidity if he was put into Super Smash Bros. It would be frankly, like the playstation producing a mario or legend of zelda game.
No, it wouldn't be anything like that. Nintendo owns Mario & Zelda, Sony doesn't own Cloud.

Ball3rin4 RocK3t
Him being in the game would invariably piss everyone, even the Square Enix and Cloud fanbase off, so no.
How do you figure that?

Ball3rin4 RocK3t
Well lets put it this way.... I'm a major fan of Cloud and I would be pissed off like hell.
Yeah, but you're also an idiot.

Ball3rin4 RocK3t
Lets use my reasoning
No, let's not. Your reasoning is the worst thing anyone can use for anything.

Ball3rin4 RocK3t
Even if they did make him decent it would cause problems. The diehard nintendo fans would complain that he gets better movesets just because he's Cloud.
Nobody would complain about anything, you're the only person complaining.

Ball3rin4 RocK3t
And if they let in Cloud, one of the most famous symbols of Sqaure Enix and Playstation
Cloud isn't a symbol of Playstation. They don't own him at all.

Ball3rin4 RocK3t
what's to stop them from letting in other characters? Sonic? Dante?
So? Alot of people want those characters in.

Ball3rin4 RocK3t
It might cause a flood of non nintendo characters into the game
Oh no!!! We're all gonna die!!!

Ball3rin4 RocK3t
including characters that people wouldn't have even heard of or like.
Yeah, I'm sure Nintendo is going to go out of their way to get 3rd party characters no one knows or likes...

Ball3rin4 RocK3t
I frankly don't want to see a nintendo game where Sephiroth gets his *** whooped by Crash Bandicoot.
Yeah, that's a good argument against Cloud being in the game....

Ball3rin4 RocK3t
And as a game known for only using Nintendo franchised characters, then where would the game be?
In the Wii being played by the people who aren't too busy *****ing about 3rd party characters being in it.

Ball3rin4 RocK3t
It wouldn't be Super Smash anymore
yes it would

Ball3rin4 RocK3t
it would just be some fighting game that uses characters from lots of video games.
like the last 2 Smash Bros. games...

Ball3rin4 RocK3t

Smash Rookie
Calling people idiots just because you don't agree with their decision seems like a sure sign of stupidity to me....

And as for me being the only one with a problem with Cloud being in Super Smash Bros., you should read the other posts. Most people seem to think that Cloud shouldn't be in the game.

I called Cloud a symbol of Playstation, because when most people think of Cloud, they think Square Enix and Playstation.

Theres a reason why Super Smash Bros. is different than the other fighting games with characters from video games you know. It's like saying that Super Smash Bros. is the same as Snk. VS. Capcom. Sure they both use characters from different video games, but that doesn't mean that it's the same thing.

And you're right, if they have permission and if nintendo wants it, any character can be in the game. But you see, people, including Nintendo, wouldn't WANT just any character in the game no matter how popular they were. Most of the people who play super smash bros. don't want third party characters. Super Smash is known for being a game made up of all nintendo or nintendo associated characters, and most people like it that way. Besides, if we're going to be really technical Snake could be counted as a Nintendo character because the first MGS was on a Nintendo system.

And how is my reasoning the worst? I'm a fan of Super Smash and Nintendo, and I'm a fan of Cloud and Square Enix. I'm an example to use, but I'm not saying that my opinion is the opinion of everyone else. Are you going to provide any evidence at all or just john? To everything I've been arguing, you've just been replying with "Liek OMG you suck, whin3r, no 1 lieks joo." Oh boo hoo. Please, if you're seriously going to try to argue against my point how about not doing it like some half brained noob. I may be new to the forums, but at least I actually can state my point without simply giving a lame-*** insult or comment. And by the way, the topic is "Do you want Cloud in SSBB" not "Pointless Spamming," and in your comments, I have seen little to actually do with the first topic, and everything to do with the second.

ZERO MERCY

Smash Cadet
i agree with everything freeman123 was saying. You guys are acted like it would be the apocolypse if cloud was put in the game. its also like an................ 85% chance that sonic and maybe even shadow will be in it. and if you guy are so freakin pissed about it, then dont use those characters, jeeze! so i would stop B****ing about it and just be happy there making another game.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
With all this talk of Cloud being a symbol of the Playstation I just want to point out that I have only ever played FF7 on the PC.

Also, while it does leave a bad taste in my mouth if he gets in over a FF1-6 character, I'm open to the idea of Cloud, he might be an intreaging char to play as.

That said, BUTZ FOR TOP TIER.

AtreideSardaukar

Smash Rookie
Since when did "Super Smash" become synonomus with "Nintendo Only characters"? If anything, the brothers would symbolize all of the characters sharing a single trait, which, up till recently, was that all of the characters came from Nintendo. Why can't "Super Smash Brothers" part change to mean a coming together of competitors and working together to make a great game greater!

swift assailant

Smash Cadet
Im so tired of seeing these kinds of threads, "I want a 3rd party character to be in SSB that has a very little chance of being in it", theres no point in making these kinds of threads. Why does this thread even exist? Get real people, ITS NOT GONNA HAPPEN. Yes you would love to see this charcter in SSB blah blah blah, but its not gonna happen. Everyone has a character that they would love to see in SSB thats not affiliated with Nintendo, but guess what? Thats right, its not gonna happen! GET REAL! STOP WHINING! YOU ARE MINE NOW! GO TO HELL!!

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
I don't know where you guys got the rule that the characters have to be affiliated with Nintendo. Show me the qoute where Sakurai says that...otherwise Cloud for top teir ^_^

D

Deleted member

Ball3rin4 RocK3t deserves a Back Room Invite. :laugh:

I'm with him though. I could never imagine Square Enix making a LoZ game.

And besides, you can only have a certain number of generic-blonde-haired-heros in a game before it implodes.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Not saying one way or the other on the issue, becaseu frankly I don't care. However, to all those arguing that Cloud couldn't be in it becaseu he'd be overpowered, I remember back when Melee was coming out a lot of people were saying there was no possible way Mewtwo could be in it becaseu he overpowered. It's the same principal, it could be made to work.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
I honestly wouldn't care if he was in or wasn't. I'd rather Lloyd from Tales of Symphonia.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
The only square character that would make sense imo is Sora since not only does he seem to fit with the ssb theme somewhat but he was in CoM

I still completly doubt he'll be in there though.

THK

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRedKirby
3DS FC
1005-9416-8042
Sora....ehh....I could see him there but I rather not.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Sora would actually be fun to play as... I don't know though, I'd much rather have Geno than Sora or Cloud... Though Sora would be awesome. However, isn't Sora property of Disney? I know Square created him, but I thought Disney got the rights to all the orrignial characters. I remember there being talk at the gamefaqs KH board about it being possible for Sora to appear in the tv show House of Mouse for this reason.

Top Bottom