• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

want CLOUD STRIFE in brawl? official thread.

Aiser

Smash Lord
^ the first liek 3 metal gear games were on nintendo, thats why >_>

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
commonyoshi said:
I now support FF characters in Brawl. Metal Gear 4 isn't even coming to the Wii even after Snake was made into a character. How evil. At least Square is making games for Nintendo. If Snake can be in, why cant Cloud?
The Snake they're uing in the game is not from the Metal Gear Solid, but just regular Metal Gear.
Tht's why he got no eye-patch. I'm just glad he has a mullet. He inspired me to get one :)

tirkaro

Smash Champion
HOWEVER the costume he is wearing is from MGS2(ps2 only).
so snakes costume, which is from a PS2 only title, means that it doesn't matter WHICH game cloud appeared in, it matters that he is a final fantasy character, and any final fantasy chararcter, if square decides to contribute to SSB can get in case closed.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
What is all this nonsense? I'm saying that we took Snake back intot he Nintendo family and he isn't even returning the favor. Shame on him.

burrito

Smash Lord
tirkaro said:
HOWEVER the costume he is wearing is from MGS2(ps2 only).
so snakes costume, which is from a PS2 only title, means that it doesn't matter WHICH game cloud appeared in, it matters that he is a final fantasy character, and any final fantasy chararcter, if square decides to contribute to SSB can get in case closed.
Sakurai said "Non-nintendo characters MUST have appeared on a Nntendo platform. Not "Non-nintendo character's costumes must have appeared on a Nintendo platform" or "Non-nintendo characters must have appeared in a franchise that has games on a Nintendo platform". Therefore, case is still open.

Lishy

Smash Journeyman
burrito said:
Sakurai said "Non-nintendo characters MUST have appeared on a Nntendo platform. Not "Non-nintendo character's costumes must have appeared on a Nintendo platform" or "Non-nintendo characters must have appeared in a franchise that has games on a Nintendo platform". Therefore, case is still open.
YES!!!!!!!!!!!

sonic has a chance!!!!

either that or spider man >.>

I dont care about cloud at all I can bet you 500 american dollors he will not be my main just cuz he is cloud =)

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Well, first of all, let's not make this another stupid arguement over which RPG character is the best and who's not. I know it stopped a few posts ago, but let's try not to bring that up...

He won't be in Brawl, not with Crono and Geno still being owned by Square anyway. Chrono Trigger and SMRPG were 2 of the many great games that helped the SNES such a success, and arguably Nintendo's greatest console. Cloud did absolutely nothing for Nintendo, other than make FF fanboys rejoice when they found out he was a summon in KHCoM.

And since someone is probably going to say I'm a FF hater, I'm not(seeing as I own some FF games).

bbb

Smash Champion
I've played ever FF, but I am a FF7 hater. :mad:

You can't be in brawl without having been on a Nintendo system, PERIOD. However, Cloud was in KH:CoM for the GBA, MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. There you go all you dumb*** noobs that don't know how to do ****in' research. I still hate Cloud! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Edit: Dammit Mashigio beat me to it..... He's right Geno = Been in a Mario game, which means Geno's Chances >>>> Cloud's Chances.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
The only thing Cloud would be good for is to beat all his fanboys that are using cloud whilst using a character they once thought sucked. Cloud may be a character that would have a good moveset for Brawl and has great potential, but Cloud is already cosplayed by enough people. And yes, I include cosplay in my argument as to why he shouldn't be in Brawl.

Big woop.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer

Oh short, fat, Aeris, you are truly sexy. Since that was so unattractive, let's look at this sexy Pichu spanking.

Cloud would be the most broken character in Brawl, and if he wasn't broken, he wouldn't be true to his character(range).

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Marshigio said:
you b****, thats my avatar on another forum! ;_;

cloud would just be a long ranged brute. he would be slow(even though it goes against a lot of the games), but has lots of stregth. I guess his other weakness would be that he is light.

all I know, is if by a stroke of luck that cloud is in, I want his super to be the omnislash version 5. y'know, the one where his multi-pieced sword, the First Tsurugi, splits into its six components and levitates while Cloud quickly grabs them one at a time and slashes his opponent?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
tirkaro said:
you b****, thats my avatar on another forum! ;_;
You have good taste.

Cloud would be broken, how could he be light with that sword? If they made him a character, and had him true to his game and movie, his stats would go something like this.

Weight: 5
Height: 4
Speed: 4
Jump: 5(Movie he jumps high)
Power: 5
Range: 5

On a scale of 1-5.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Marshigio said:
Cloud would be broken, how could he be light with that sword? If they made him a character, and had him true to his game and movie, his stats would go something like this.

Weight: 5
Height: 4
Speed: 4
Jump: 5(Movie he jumps high)
Power: 5
Range: 5
well thats why they have such a thing called "toning down"

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I know, but they supposedly did that to Mewtwo. People said in his movie he was extremely strong, but was a huge let down in Melee. Of course they had to tone him down, but it turned out lame.

TheSmashBro06

Smash Cadet
I just looked over the topic and I saw someone that mentioned Snake's first console was the NES. Umm, No. It was the MSX, then ported to the NES. Anyways, no Cloud for Brawl.

If he was in though, he would use his CoM outfit.

Renth

Smash Hero

I Agree, you should add Cloud to Brawl but sadly it won't happen

It was clearly announced that they will only add characters that had originally been seen on the Nintendo console sadly Cloud is Square Soft/Enix
Even though i support the idea of having the guy around sad to say he will not be there

tirkaro

Smash Champion
like I said before:
snake+wearing MSG2 suit=MSG2 snake.
MSG2 snake+only been on PS2= as long as that franchise was on a nintendo console, any character has a chance. and if square was to contribute to SSBB, they would choose their most popular character. and who might that be eh? it will OBVOIUSLY be, none other then Cumulonimbus stratus himself.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
hemightbegiant said:
1 - See my above post and grow up, it's not so bad. I don't think the idea is enough to make me gouge my eyes out so I can't see him there.

2 - Considering the fact that your title is "Smash n00b" and you have only 7 posts, I guess it's safe to say you only joined up today, and your already callingg people n00bs for their ideas. We were all n00bs once, even pros. Except Ken, he was born a Smash God.

PS: How would you feel if I took away your C-Stick Smash n00b?
1 - It's a joke. My point was I didnt like the idea of a sword bigger than the character being swung about.

2 - I didn't sign up today, I just dont post like... at all. Also, I did not call anyone a n00b. I was saying it would be annoying for a n00b (meaning those kids you encounter who have played melee 3 times in their life at some friend's house and run in going "ooh I love this game") to pick Cloud and jump around C-Sticking.

That example was oddly specific.... but I hang out at a local game store where kids such as that come in all the time.

PS: My title on the forum does not imply my skill level.

That being said, no, i like my C-stick :-p

bbb

Smash Champion
tirkaro said:
like I said before:
snake+wearing MSG2 suit=MSG2 snake.
MSG2 snake+only been on PS2= as long as that franchise was on a nintendo console, any character has a chance. and if square was to contribute to SSBB, they would choose their most popular character. and who might that be eh? it will OBVOIUSLY be, none other then Cumulonimbus stratus himself.
You get an F for F-ort?

any ways, Snake+MGS2 clothes = Snake
Cloud+Any clothes = Cloud

Snake = Been on NES and Game Cube

Cloud = Was sorta on the GBA, barely

Mullet=Win
One winged douch bag=not so much
(He had a wing eventually didn't he?)

knowitall

Smash Cadet
Plan 9 said:
You get an F for F-ort?

any ways, Snake+MGS2 clothes = Snake
Cloud+Any clothes = Cloud

Snake = Been on NES and Game Cube

Cloud = Was sorta on the GBA, barely

Mullet=Win
One winged douch bag=not so much
(He had a wing eventually didn't he?)
When was Cloud the One Winged Angel? Thats a song at the end of the game, although some people tend to call Sephiroth the One Winged Angel for his Safer Sephiroth form as the last boss.

bbb

Smash Champion
Didn't he have the wing in KH? I thought he did. Oh well the point is: I hate Cloud cuz he's way over rated and his hairn is stupid, but if he makes it in, I still will hate him, actually, I will probably hate him more due to random noobs that don't play Smash coming and saying "Sweet, Cloud's in this game!!!!!! I bet I can beat this long haired guy with Cloud!" Oh yea, well FUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOU! I'm getting riled up about this... :ohwell:

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Play Kingdom Hearts, you'll see Cloud flying around with a huge Blacck Wing. I'm not sure why... I dont remember him getting a wing in the game.......he does fly... but he just sorta floats towards sephiroth and then omnislash....which defeats him for some reason even though if you play the game right you can hit safer sephiroth with omnislash 13 times before he finally "dies"

And yes, One winged angel refers to Safer Sephiroth. It's the opera-esque song from the end of the game.

Also, Cloud was in the GBA Kingdom Hearts as a summon.... so he was a card.... and I don't want any card-based characters in Brawl. lol.

Oh god. I just imagined a card based Smash Bros. Ow... my brain.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Plan 9 said:
Didn't he have the wing in KH? I thought he did. Oh well the point is: I hate Cloud cuz he's way over rated and his hairn is stupid, but if he makes it in, I still will hate him, actually, I will probably hate him more due to random noobs that don't play Smash coming and saying "Sweet, Cloud's in this game!!!!!! I bet I can beat this long haired guy with Cloud!" Oh yea, well FUUUUCK YOOOOOOOOOOU! I'm getting riled up about this... :ohwell:
lol you already get enough people coming in going " I can beat this long haired guy with Marth!!!!"

Cloud's not a terrible character.... but I do think he's horribly overrated. And even though Sephiroth is just cool in general, he is also overrated. He spends the whole game hiding in a cave slowly pulling a rock towards Earth. But he is always hailed as some awesome being of pure evil. What's the most evil thing he does? Kills Aerith.

Kuja from FF9 blows up his home planet + 2 cities and a fleet of ships with the queen on it.

Sephiroth's kill count: 1 (actually a few more from when he attacks the shinra building)

Kuja's Kill Count: hundreds maybe thousands (depending on the population of the planet)

The difference - Sephiroth has a big cool sword and Kuja wears a thong. lol.

I went WAY off subject but I felt like sharing my view.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
How many times must it be said?

Cloud was on the Gameboy Advance game: Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories! Will you people read please!

He's still not getting in BRAWl tho. Wait a couple of sequals fellow fans. :)

Also Plan 9, please eather contribute to the conversation or don't. DON'T keep dissing Cloud just beceause you dont like him. If you don't like him thats fine. Why don't you insted give reason for him not to be included. This goes to all other haters, aswell.

(By the way: Who is Kuja?)

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Cloud being in KH:CoM has been said... many times.

But you do raise a valid point.

My reasoning for not having Cloud in Brawl - Giant Sword, will most likely be a marth clone, will cause annoying fanboys to play brawl just to drool over cloud, and will be another annoying n00b pick for chaos matches.

If fans insist on a FF7 char, the best fit for the smash bros. style would be if you put Cait Sith in.

(Kuja is the main boss from Final Fantasy IX)

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
I know that your just stateing your own opoion(Gah I hate that words seplling lol.), but I'm going to have to argue agenst you.

I think if Cloud was included, he would have a very orignal moveset to compensate for his large sword. My reason for stateing this is I can't really imange Cloud mangeing a "Blade Dance" or "Dolphin Blade" or whatever it is called, with that huge sword. This goes for the rest or Marth/Roy's agile moves.(but he may still be given counter.)

I imange he would use his costume form the first game before the wings, baggy 1 sleeved shirt, and 1 baggy pants leg(although the cape was cool.) for the ease and beceause he was the weakest in the first one. That would give Nintendo a reason to Dumb down his abiltys a bit.(But I would miss the new Onislash.)

Any other NOT SPAM thoughts?

P.S. I know I said it again, but that was beceause I still see fans saying"Oh it would be cool but he hasen't been on a Nintendo consel.",and I'd like to give them SOME hope.

P.P.S.Also I had my doupts about KH:COM being a card game, but I tryed it and it was auctually really fun. It was almost like it wasen't a card game. In fact to tell you the truth it felt more realistic beceause...Crap I'm rambeling again. :ohwell: Anyway take my word for it. It auctually wasent so bad. Unlike the horror of Phantasy Star Online Episobe 3: Card revolution. That, however, is a discussion for a latter date on a different fourm.

commonyoshi

Smash Hero
I always thought that Cloud could have a large, slow, horrizontal swing that you could crouch under as his fsmash. Dont say that that would make the fsmash obsolete since fsmashes are usually used as the clincher from combos. And it wouldn't even matter if he had a bad moveset. Just look into those eyes.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Ah I see. Yea I know. People don't like to read.. >.>

That is a good point, doing a sword dance with the buster sword would be ridiculous. The neutral B move would probably be the same. (Charge it way up, release, death to everyone in a 25 foot radius)

Maybe he'd be a hodgepodge of copy moves. Like, Marth's B, Link's Up B, Counter Down B, and some sort of charging attack for for forward B. (think Stinger from DMC if you've seen it)

iono. It would be interesting, but I don't wanna see cloud in Brawl

added on - wtf do his eyes have to do with it. Are you saying we should put cloud in the game because he has nice eyes?

Also Added on - Yea I know. CoM was actually a good game. But still.... no more cards. lol

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Is anyone with me on thinking he would be weird in Brawl, but maby not in a future realise? Like when his own hype dies down and Square begs Nintendo for him. :chuckle: I Think He might be in by the fifth game, supposeing they don't make an Advent Childern game.(God forbid, I REALLY hope all the work Cloud gets is cameos in other games, like the smash series. I mean the movie was good but Square is REALLY pushing it. There gonna turn him into a anoying commercial charcter.Well he allready is one minus the anoying, but you get what I'm saying.)

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Don't even get started on that travesty of a movie. I know I'm gonna get uber flamed for this, but I did not care for advent children.

Actually I take that back. I liked parts of AC. The parts where no one spoke. If someone removed all dialogue, and glued all the fight scenes together, I would like it. :)

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Your talking about the HORRIBLE dubs? I completly agree. They made us wait this long, why not take a little longer to change the lips? how freaking hard could that of been? Aside from that I liked the voices and...D***it Rambeling again and were getting off topic again. But no, if thats why you hated it I completly agree. And I'm a hardcore fanboy of FF7. ( Before the JAPP version was realised I saw it like 4 times XD. Than again, who didn't? Still bought the US version.)

P.S."Dilly dally, shilly shally. Dilly dally, shilly shally." :mad: that pharse...Well at least Cloud makes fun of Tifa for saying it.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Well, thus far I've pretty much said what I meant to say, so I'm not really going to add to anything I've already said, but I will respond to what was said to me.

Dantedemonslayr, that definition of phallic is quite possibly the most incomplete and self referencing defintion I've seen in quite some time. That said, I misread your previous post. It could still be a bit phallic, but not so much obviously so. That said, there really isn't a tactful way to explain what phallic means, so I'll trust you to rely on your investigative ability to find out for yourself.

Seth 'White Fox' in reference to your critique of my arguement, I see your point. I have heard it said that Brawl would include 1-2 more third party characters, however, I have yet to see an acutal link to a credible source. That said, I revise my theory. I believe there will actually be 1-2 more third party characters, 1-2 very specific characters. That is, upon further consideration, there is one company that has been doing very poorly as of late, a company which has fallen from its former glory, as of sorts, and I believe that company not only will, but probably already has pushed to have their flagship character included in Brawl. That company is SEGA, and those characters are Sonic and another character from the Sonic series. After all, that would certainly give Sonic, and by extension SEGA, a much needed popularity boost. I believe that this has been considered for quite some time, and hence why such a statement would have been made. In either case, I feel that there are precious few developers in as poor shape as Sega, and therefore would benefit from such an arrangement.

In any case, my point about Square having no good reason to include Cloud stand, so I feel no need to explain them all over again.

Goodnight and God bless.

Andy

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Well I went and got the definition of Dictionary.com. (Not that I didnt know what it meant before lol. I just wanted to use the exact defintion)

Altho I now get what you're saying. It's stupid... but I get it.

w/e.

Feel proud, you insulted somebody online. Your superior accomplishments have been noted.

PS - Seth as for the AC thing. I never watched the English one. Just Japanese with subs. I meant that I didnt like the story. but w/e. off topic.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Aww, I'm touched by your concern for my ego. But in truth I will admit I can be a bit of a ******* at times. Admittedly, my last post was one of those times, hence I have edited it. I'm a bit of a writer, and I often forget that my vocabulary is a bit more complex than it needs to be on a public forum.
In any case, I hope I have not perminantly bruised your ego, or tainted the general oppinion of my demeanor in one fell post.

In a feeble attempt at staying on topic, I wonder if anyone has any thoughts on the observation that Square characters are being included in the upcoming Mario basketball game?

Top Bottom