• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

want CLOUD STRIFE in brawl? official thread.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Dantedemonslayr said:
1 - It's a joke. My point was I didnt like the idea of a sword bigger than the character being swung about.
All off your life's problems can be solved with a buster sword then casting Berserk on yourself :)

Dantedemonslayr said:
2 - I didn't sign up today, I just dont post like... at all. Also, I did not call anyone a n00b. I was saying it would be annoying for a n00b (meaning those kids you encounter who have played melee 3 times in their life at some friend's house and run in going "ooh I love this game") to pick Cloud and jump around C-Sticking.
PErfect definition of a n00b means + rep for you

Dantedemonslayr said:
PS: My title on the forum does not imply my skill level.
Same thing for school. I'nm a sophmore in high school, but according to that IQ test, I have the reading comprehension of a sophmiore in college.

Dantedemonslayr said:
That being said, no, i like my C-stick :-p
YEah, everyone uses the C-Stick once in their lives.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
Off topic, but if Sega included two characters I hope the seccound one is Tails. Few people know this, but in the orignal Sonic 2(Where Tails was introduced) Tails is much faster than Sonic. He often kills himself beceause he's going so fast.:chuckle: And besides: Every company needs a Fox as a representive! Sega has Tails, Nintendo has Fox, Sony and microsoft?:( Aslo haven't you noticed that Sega is slowly failing? THATS beceause there makeing Tails look bad!

VOTE YES ON PROPAZATION MORE FOXS FOR BRAWL, AND OVERALL VIDEOGAMEING !!

P.s. I know that that has bad spelling that was my intentsion.

bbb

Smash Champion
Auuugh, generic blind insult in Cloud's direction! I personally never cared for Tails but thats just me. If Sega gets two characters (which I doubt they will) I hope they use Beat from Jet Grind Radio, but they won't :( . Just like Square won't use Cloud (see it was on topic) they'll probably put someone who fits the light hearted mood of smash like Snake (woops did I just prove myself wrong? :ohwell: My bad). On a different note, I can't wait to ball people up as a Cactuar!

If Cloud makes it I won't appreciate it but I don't care nearly as much as it may seem.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
omfg Plan9 yes! I want beat in Brawl! That would kick ***!!!!

uhhh.. still no cloud. there.. on topic. lol

Edit: And to the rat, don't worry, you have not damaged my ego. You actually got more respect out of me by using a complex vocabulary. It's refreshing to see someone type out a well thought insult instead of "Lawl j00 is a n00b! I Rox0rz u!"So yea, you get cool points from me.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
Was Cloud in FF1-FF6? If he was, then he has a chance. If not, then his chance is non-existant.

Now, on a personal opinion note, I don't want any FF characters in the game. Smash Brothers should only be a collaberation of every NINTENDO series character mixed into one big bash with a guest appearence by Sonic and crew (;)).

The only upside I find in Snake joining the roster is that he opened the door for Sonic to jump into the fray. I do, howerver, love Sakurai's decision about "The character(s) MUST have had an appearence on a Nintendo console to be eligible."

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
hemightbegiant said:
Also, they took pre-existing characters and made clones for them to make work easier so the game could come out o n time, hence why Diddy Kong, Pit, Mach Riderand Meta-Kinght never made it into the game like planned.
What did you say? I must ask if thats true. I have been srounging up SSBM info like this and have come up with alot, except one thing, which characters were removed for the clones. I must ask if this is true and, if it is, is there any source for this informantion. It might also help as to find out who could be in Brawl.

LemonManX

Smash Lord
Ferro De Lupe said:
Was Cloud in FF1-FF6? If he was, then he has a chance. If not, then his chance is non-existant.
Yeah Cloud is from FF-7, hence him having no chance and thank God for that. Leave Cloud out of Brawl, he just doesn't belong in there.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
OH MY GOD DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS EVERY TIME SOMEONE ENTERS THIS THRED! I'M NOT EVEN GONNA SAY IT ANYMORE READ THE ENTIRE D**N THRED YOU LAZY A** PEOPLE!!

I'm really sory for that I just get so pissed when you say something hundreds of times and theres always SOME people, who just decide that everybody elses posts just arent important to read!

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Seth'White Fox' said:
OH MY GOD DO I HAVE TO SAY THIS EVERY TIME SOMEONE ENTERS THIS THRED! I'M NOT EVEN GONNA SAY IT ANYMORE READ THE ENTIRE D**N THRED YOU LAZY A** PEOPLE!!

I'm really sory for that I just get so pissed when you say something hundreds of times and theres always SOME people, who just decide that everybody elses posts just arent important to read!

Ohhh, that pisses me off somuch when people don't read the entire thread and comment 0on it. IT pisses me off SO FRIGGIN BAD!

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
If your being scarastic, its hard to tell through text. And assumeing you are being scarastic: The only reason I want people to read the thred is so they can make intellegent remarks. Not repeat or ask the same question as the hundred of people before them. You can't honistly say you don't get anoyed by this.

Also I'd like to aplogise for my explosion. I'm usualy a mello guy, but when I get mad I have a hard time controling my tone and langue. And If that was scarasim I guess I sorta had that one comeing. :ohwell: Ok all off-topicness aside lets cointinue this debate. A possible topic could be if, and I mean IF, Cloud was to get in, how would they compensate for the size of his sword? What moveset could make him a fair, and fun, character to play as?

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
He sword would probably be as long as marth's sword just a lot thicker. I would also assume that he would have the largest striking distance in the game but it would only be represented in some moves so as not to make him to unbalanced. he would also be slower that marth in terms of stiking speed and moving speed. (It is a big a$$ sword).

Side note: I agree, it is very annoying to have people repeating the same pointless statement because they think they are the first out of two hundred people to think of it.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Seth'White Fox' said:
If your being scarastic, its hard to tell through text. And assumeing ou are being scarastic: The only reason I want people to read the thred is so they can make intellegent remarks. Not repeat or ask the same question as the hundred of people before them. You can't honistly say you don't get anoyed by this.
I'm not being sarcastic. It's my biggest pet peeve online. I evn read threads for things I don't approve of so I don't repeat something thats already been said, I don't seem like an sshole who only gets kicks by making other people feel bad, and like you said, make intelligent remarks to soften the blow.

[QUOTE/]Also I'd like to aplogise for my explosion. I'm usualy a mello guy, but when I get mad I have a hard time controling my tone and langue. And If that was scarasim I guess I sorta had that one comeing. :ohwell: Ok all off-topicness aside lets cointinue this debate. A possible topic could be if, and I mean IF, Cloud was to get in, how would they compensate for the size of his sword? What moveset could make him a fair, and fun, character to play as?[/QUOTE]

Same here.
I agree wth Birdman22 about it's your genberic saword length, just thicker. That's what I'm doing in my Fan-Game for SSB, as I said in bove posts. I'm probably gonna make a thread for it here, or just a myspace for it.

CHAOSBLACKDOOM

Smash Cadet
kilroy said:
if you want a FF fighting game, contact square.
it's already been made on the PS. Cannot remember its name, but it had Tekken characters, FF characters, and other anime characters dueling it out, and it was pretty fun.

ON TOPIC: I think Cloud shouldn't simply because he isn't a Nintendo icon. SSBB will probably stay Nintendo ONLY. I wanna see Mega Man, and definately some others, like TMNT!!! lol.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Thank you for being smart, something I can't say to everybody.

Wasn't that game called Ehrgeiz? Either way, he won't be in Smash.

CHAOSBLACKDOOM

Smash Cadet
Marshigio said:
Thank you for being smart, something I can't say to everybody.

Wasn't that game called Ehrgeiz? Either way, he won't be in Smash.
Yes it was. Wow, I can't believe you remembered lol. Yeah, that was such an awesome game, but I could never get Sepheroth or Cloud to use their swords x_x;;.

bbb

Smash Champion
That game kinda reminded me of Power Stone. There were so many characters that I have no idea where they are from. (I always played Vincent anywho) I remember there used to be an arcade version of it at Golf 'n' Stuff.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Can we please stop saying"He wont be in Brawl" or "Eaither way, he wont be in Brawl JUSt to stay on topic. Please people elabroite. Why qont he be in Brawl.(And I swear to God that if someone says"Lawlz cuz he wasent on a Nintendo game lawls XD pwnd!!1!1!" Or anything close to that, I'll rip out there intenstnes, fead them to them, and watch them painfully have to digest them without haveing them.**Joke** Thank you and have a nice day :))

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
There are other 3rd party characters Square has that have been suggested more, Geno and Crono.

bbb

Smash Champion
Lawl Cloud won't be in Brawl cuz he wasent on a Nintendo game lawls XD pwnd!!1!1!

I mean seriously, what do you need to hear, this is all there is to it. At this point the discussion should have ended. This thread has gon on about 260 posts too long, it should have gone like this:

Post one: What if Cloud was in Brawl.

Post Two: He won't because he has never starred on a game that appeared on a Nintendo console, which is a recquirment Sakurai stated.

The end

Roy_

Smash Rookie
no1 wants cloud in Brawl is he form Nintendo??....NO so he shouldent even be mentioned here :p

Aiser

Smash Lord
Seth'White Fox' said:
Oh my god am I auctually gonna say it again? Cloud was on a nintendo consel. He appeared in a subplot of Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories.
and appeared in 3 other sony titles......

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Well I know that and personally don't think he has much of a chance anyway, beceause his current popularity makes it so Sony doesen't need to advertize him more anyway. In a later game I think he may have a chance tho. What I ment by saying that was that he has a extistant chance for this game or any others, beceause he has appeared in a Nintendo consel.

Ok any bets on how many more times I will have to say that the newcomers to this thred? 100? 1000? Maby more? Can you people PLEASE just learn to read.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
I'm with you "White Fox". He was also on ff tactics (or so I heard).

More importantly, video games are made for players to enjoy and companies to make money. If cloud was in brawl people that hate him would still enjoy it and people that love him would enjoy it more. On the business side of it, all nintendo and smash fans would still buy it (some might be pissed, but still) and now sony (FF) fans would make the purchase also. This equalls more money, a lot more, for nintendo. Mission accomplished. And I don't care what no one says nintendo's number 1, 3, and 4 priorities are to make money. Fan satisfication is number 2 and maybe 11. The important thing that they probably know is that no matter what it will still, most likely, outsell everyother came that comes out within the same year. The 43,413 people on this forum will buy it as well as thousands of other people, including those that have and will say "I won't buy it if cloud is in it". ******* liars

Look, everthing in my post has been said before, by me and others. Think about the business side of it as well as the player side. Will he make it? The odds are against him, yet he still has a shot. Correct me if I'm wrong but I was told that in tactics (once you unlocked him0 you could level him up like other characters and go through the story. If this is true then that puts him on almost the same level as other square owned rpg characters that some of you are very adament about seeing in brawl.

Sub-note: Like White Fox said, if you're going to be negative about his chances be negative, just put a reason behind it.

That's my time for today, see you next week
Birdman22

EDIT: I'm betting 37 more times

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the intelegent post, although it makes me sad that you didn't observe the number one thing I said: read before you post. Two or three people have said that Cloud was in Final Fantasy Tactics ORIGNAL but not advanced. The fact that your post was long and insightful, however, still earnes you "Kudos"! :chuckle:

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Then give him +rep for that, no one cares about kudos.

And no, it doesn't put him on the same level as the other RPG characters, because Geno was a main characer and so was Crono. You didn't even have to unlock Cloud if FF Tactics.

Pika420

Smash Cadet
uh...i dont usually troll but...i cant resist...i came on here just to say (and wont be back again):

F*CK FF CHARACTERS IN SSBB. GEE WE WOULDNT HAVE ENOUGH SWORDFIGHTERS/RPG CHARACTERS EVEN IF EVERYBODY GOT THEIR TEN GOLDEN SUN/FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS IN. LETS ADD MORE.

i feel better. yeah, screw Cloud.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
My bad, i was going off of hearsay, but I changed it.

Anyway, I'm not talking about thew amount of playtime or how you get the character when I say that they are "almost" on the same level. I'm talking about the fact that they were all controlable characters in rpg's that were on nintendo and that they are all owned by square. Just because one was unlockable doesn't mean much. By that reasoning, Chrono should be the number one pick for a square owned character in brawl but that's probably not the case

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
No, but you did have to go through some side quest involveing a "Rose" and something, and as much I would also like Geno to be in there, I belive that there is some bias(I can pronunce it, but cant spell it.) In what you have said.

Noone really knows what one characters chances are and aren't. In the case of Geno, he has co-stared in SMRPG:LOTSS(A FANTASTIC game. If you havent played it, buy it, if you dont have a nes, emu it :chuckle:) and had a cameo in M&L:SS.(Also great but I thought not as much.). Cloud has also co-stared in a game.(alot of people think this is minor but I think the subplot and all the help he gives you later on counts as a co-star)BUUTT Theres still a half year to go till 2007. Who knows what will hapen to Cloud, Geno and other gameing charcters.

Who knows, maby Geno will get a spin off on the 360 and never see Nintendo again.(a fate WORSE than death, awaits flames from 360 lovers)

Maby Cloud will mysterously die of a mako related sickness, and Yuffie will star in FF7:2.(I admit, I would cry, than kill Yuffie.)

But seeing as Cloud still has (,admittly, a little less of a chance than Geno only beceause of the NUMBER of apperences) a chance we still have something to debate here. Beceause even even if its slim who knows what will hapen so lets converse like he auctually will get in. If you must be negitive please back-up your remarks, thank you.

P.S.I usualy try to not feed the trolls, but what the hay I'll bite.

I don't really see why people are saying that there are so many sword fighters. There are 3. How many charcters are in Super Smash Brothers Melee? I rest my case.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
Seth'White Fox' said:
No, but you did have to go through some side quest involveing a "Rose" and something, and as much I would also like Geno to be in there, I belive that there is some bias(I can pronunce it, but cant spell it.) In what you have said.

Noone really knows what one characters chances are and aren't. In the case of Geno, he has co-stared in SMRPG:LOTSS(A FANTASTIC game. If you havent played it, buy it, if you dont have a nes, emu it :chuckle:) and had a cameo in M&L:SS.(Also great but I thought not as much.). Cloud has also co-stared in a game.(alot of people think this is minor but I think the subplot and all the help he gives you later on counts as a co-star)BUUTT Theres still a half year to go till 2007. Who knows what will hapen to Cloud, Geno and other gameing charcters.

Who knows, maby Geno will get a spin off on the 360 and never see Nintendo again.(a fate WORSE than death, awaits flames from 360 lovers)

Maby Cloud will mysterously die of a mako related sickness, and Yuffie will star in FF7:2.(I admit, I would cry, than kill Yuffie.)

But seeing as Cloud still has (,admittly, a little less of a chance than Geno only beceause of the NUMBER of apperences) a chance we still have something to debate here. Beceause even even if its slim who knows what will hapen so lets converse like he auctually will get in. If you must be negitive please back-up your remarks, thank you.

P.S.I usualy try to not feed the trolls, but what the hay I'll bite.

I don't really see why people are saying that there are so many sword fighters. There are 3. How many charcters are in Super Smash Brothers Melee? I rest my case.
GEE WE WOULDNT HAVE ENOUGH SWORDFIGHTERS/RPG CHARACTERS EVEN IF (<--- note the if) EVERYBODY GOT THEIR TEN GOLDEN SUN/FIRE EMBLEM CHARACTERS IN. LETS ADD MORE.
And I rest mine without officially starting it, even though his point is moot. Anyways, I still stand by saying Cloud has no chance. And even if he did, I would rather be oblivious to it than accept the fact that this fanboy-crazed metrosexual may be in a game that steers away from that **** bandwagoned FF7.

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if
In no way was that a co-star. It was a VERY brief cameo. He was in one world. It wasn't a co-star at all since what happened in those areas really has nothing to do with the storyline, and is just to waste time to get to what Chain of Memories is really about. He doesn't really help you at all; you get Cloud cards that attack for you. Those aren't the role of a character at all.

And I brought up the IF because he said "IF" people get the Golden Sun/Fire Emblem characters they wanted, there would be many more sword characters and to add cloud would just make another one; and with Cloud usually comes Sephiroth because the fanboys want them to be together at all times. So that just makes for more sword characters; though I don't see how it's a valid argument, I was just clarifying for him

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Allright I understand the "if" now :chuckle:

Well as they say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." I belive he was a mojor part of that world. Also in no way does he have a brief cameo. Him ,being one of the best attack summons, is seen often. :chuckle:

But whatever It really doesent matter. I'd really rather keep this discussion at a "frendly chat" kind of level. (however impossible that may be.:chuckle:) So lets just drop that matter.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Roy_ said:
no1 wants cloud in Brawl is he form Nintendo??....NO so he shouldent even be mentioned here :p
Oh dear god are people really that lazy? For ****'s sake if you're going to post on here, at least read one page. If you're too lazy to read the whole thread then at least read all the posts on the page you will bne adding to.

If people just did that then I wouldn't have to keep reading "Is he on a nintendo console. He's not, so there! haha I winz! I is smart I do my research on google! yayyyyyy!"

That being said, Cloud shouldn't be in brawl. (lol sorry seth)

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
No problem, I dont think he should be in Brawl eaither.**TWIST ZOMG**

But really I belive that if hes in any Smash game it will be far later. Like whenever Clouds personal fame dies down. Than Square will go to Nintendo with Cloud as a gift. Just to boost there own sales. Nintendo doesen't lose any money, Square gets a boost from the new Smash game (Blitz? BunchOfPPLlFighting?) and fans can Play as there Hero. Everybody wins! (not to metion advanced players can beet newbs with Jiggs and than listlen to there reply:chuckle:)

Long explaination short: He wont be in Brawl but in like the forth or fifth one maby.

Now back to Sprite editing.
(Someone here said there makeing a smash spoff, I'm makeing new
Fox(1%done),
Falco(0%done),
Krystal(.5% done),
and Link(90% done)
sprites PM me and I send um to ya as I finish them ^^)

Top Bottom