• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

want CLOUD STRIFE in brawl? official thread.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
yea. Intelligent posts give me hope of finding smart people in the world.

Unfortunately these hopes are usually crushed. As most intelligent posts are often countered with

"lawl j00 is wronfg I be smaryter than you. I winz your base!"

sigh....

avyuir

Smash Cadet
AttackstorM said:
aightz... i turned sig off.... =/ ...cloud would be way more awesome than snake im sure if nintendo asked players first about snake they would say no no no too
Seems everyone is against you but hellz, I WOULD LUV :love: IT IF CLOUD WAS IN SSBB. All the other people are way way toooooo negative! :smiliegor

avyuir

Smash Cadet
Dantedemonslayr said:
Oh dear god are people really that lazy? For ****'s sake if you're going to post on here, at least read one page. If you're too lazy to read the whole thread then at least read all the posts on the page you will bne adding to.

If people just did that then I wouldn't have to keep reading "Is he on a nintendo console. He's not, so there! haha I winz! I is smart I do my research on google! yayyyyyy!"

That being said, Cloud shouldn't be in brawl. (lol sorry seth)
Umm . . . actually he is. In Kingdon Hearts Chain of Memories, Cloud tries to kill hurcules. Cloud loses his memory like sora does and he's tryin to find it. And KH: CoM came out on the GC and GBA.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
OMFG AGAIN???E!??e!?2#E?!@3e/1

ok. I'll just explain this rationally. In that post the quoted part is me imitating people who do not read the previous posts. If people did read the previous posts, they would see that we've said Cloud was in chain of memories about 10 times already.

bbb

Smash Champion
Oh man, It's the thread about whether the minorist of cameos allow some dude to be in Brawl, brought back by none other than some double poster! And I can understand why people wouldn't want to read all these pages of drivel, but I doubt anyone's doing it out of protection for their healthy brain cells (like I would be), and are instead just taking lazy to a whole new level of laziness.

Omnislash would be cool though, did he use omnislash in CoM, or any KH game for that matter? I don't remember.

On another note, with 'seth' saying he sees Cloud being in a later SSB, how many do you think there will be? I alwys think of the latest one as the last so that if one gets anounced, it's a pleasant surprise.

Back on the subject of Cloudl, it's not like carrying a sword alone makes you a godly character in SSB.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
avyuir said:
Seems everyone is against you but hellz, I WOULD LUV :love: IT IF CLOUD WAS IN SSBB. All the other people are way way toooooo negative! :smiliegor
So not wanting Cloud makes us negative? There are MANY 3rd party character who should be in over Cloud, who was just a NPC on one game.

Emperor Ganon

Smash Cadet
I wouldnt want cloud in anything Nintendo, I have also never really liked any Final Fantasy game. If they did something like this I wouldnt buy SSBB and I would hate Final Fantasy even more.

BIRDMAN22

Smash Journeyman
Emperor Ganon said:
I wouldnt want cloud in anything Nintendo
I assume you mean anything else, seeing as how he has already been on a few games that are on nintendo consoles.
Emperor Ganon said:
I have also never really liked any Final Fantasy game. If they did something like this I wouldnt buy SSBB and I would hate Final Fantasy even more.
Is it really that serious?? You would boycott a franchise that you love (I assume) because of the addition of one solitary character?

Either way, I would still like to see cloud in a smash game. I don't expect him to make this one but anything in the future would be fine for me.

bbb

Smash Champion
Omg Emperor Ganan, I declare you an uber nublet after reading your sig, you obviously don't know how to deal with things. Plus, the FF's are good, I just don't care much for Cloud.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
Iggy K said:
So not wanting Cloud makes us negative? There are MANY 3rd party character who should be in over Cloud, who was just a NPC on one game.

The defination of NPC is non playable charcter, but in fact you can control when he comes as a sumon technique. Besides if what you say is ture Ganondorf, Zelda, Sheik, and others like that shouldent be in. I belive the part he played for the indavisual(SP?) world was major(Sense he was the one trying to get back his memorys, by assassinateing(SP?) Hurcleas)

Also to Plan9's commant, yes he uses omnishlash if you use his summon in a 3 hit combo.

PS: I dont know how many there are gonna be but, I know that there will be more after this.
Its too popular of a serise to end yet.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Seth'White Fox' said:
The defination of NPC is non playable charcter, but in fact you can control when he comes as a sumon technique. Besides if what you say is ture Ganondorf, Zelda, Sheik, and others like that shouldent be in.
The difference being is that those characters aren't 3rd party and played a major role throughout the series, Cloud just gives you a pack of cards.

dj asakura

Smash Ace
cloud really shouldnt be in brawl, he doesnt fit and isnt at all nintendo related (CoM sooooo doesnt not count, he was BARELY in that)

and to domination, please shorten your name, its annoying

bbb

Smash Champion
demonsbane105 said:
cloud should really be put in ssbb. if solid snake gets a spot, then cloud should too.
That'd work if the creator of Cloud was a friend of Sakurai's.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
people need to stop using that. "If snake is in brawl then cloud should be too."

The reason snake is in is because kojima is friends with the smash creator.

If we were just using snake as a basis, then where's the end. "If snake is in it then Dante should be too. If snake is in it, then Luke Skywalker should too, If Snake is in it, then *insert random character here* should be too."

If you think Cloud shold be in it, put some valid reasoning behind it. Enough of these 15 word posts.

Also, if you're using chain of memories as your main point of argument, then stop an think. Cloud was a summon in that game, and a slight side role. It would make more sense to put Sora, Riku, or Axel in brawl if you were gonna take a character from CoM.

A slight cameo in a game should not make you a valid nintendo character.

avyuir

Smash Cadet
Well I just thought of this since were talking about cloud what about Tifa. She would definitly kick *** and she doesn't use a sword. She would be another female fighter cause SSBB needs em but she wouldn't be a sword fighter.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Overrated Final Fantasy suggestions just keep coming, don't they? What Nintendo game has Tifa ever appeared on?

avyuir

Smash Cadet
Well she hasn't but still it would be cool to have her. I mean did you not see FF XIII Advent Children?? And Tifa isn't overratted. Cloud is but not Tifa! :mad:

Iggy K

Smash Ace
If she hasn't then she's got no chance, and no, I haven't seen Advent Children, or played Final Fantasy...I probably should play it some time though, after everything I've heard about it it should be good.

avyuir

Smash Cadet
You really only need to watch the movie. Or play FFX that one in my opinion was the best! But I think more people would like tifa better than they would cloud. So I think that Tifa will probly stand a little bit more of a chance than cloud. . . maybe

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Sorry, Sakurai himself said the character needs to have appeared on Nintendo, which means Tifa has no chance, Cloud does, having appeared in KH:CoM, but he's still less likely than and L-shaped block.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
I, and lots of others, like that rule, that way we don't stray to far from a game for Nintendo's allstars, and also means that 3rd party choices go to characters who appear mainly throughout Nintendo, Megaman, Bomberman, Sonic(he has now that Sega's 3rd party), Geno etc etc, and also means we don't get characters like Master Cheif.

bbb

Smash Champion
I hated advent children. Mainly because it did something no one should ever do, give a bunch of FF noobs exactly what they want. The fighting scenes were purdy good but the rest wasn't. Someone tried to make me watch it again once it came out (I watched the japanese version such a long time ago) and I killed him, simple as that. If you wanna get a taste for FF play the games, don't watch some stupid movie. Cuz some FFs deserve to be played (pretty much all of them, especially 6) [/rant]

avyuir

Smash Cadet
Plan 9 said:
I hated advent children. Mainly because it did something no one should ever do, give a bunch of FF noobs exactly what they want. The fighting scenes were purdy good but the rest wasn't. Someone tried to make me watch it again once it came out (I watched the japanese version such a long time ago) and I killed him, simple as that. If you wanna get a taste for FF play the games, don't watch some stupid movie. Cuz some FFs deserve to be played (pretty much all of them, especially 6) [/rant]
The only ones I haven't played are 6 and below. I've played 7 till whatever is comin out. I lost count at 10. Isn't like 13 or somethin

bbb

Smash Champion
avyuir said:
The only ones I haven't played are 6 and below. I've played 7 till whatever is comin out. I lost count at 10. Isn't like 13 or somethin
yea, 12 is coming to america soon. But you don't know what yer missing, the classics pwn.

Maverick69

Smash Ace
Ow. just ow. These last few posts hurt my brain.

Ok lemme cover some of the stuff that came up.

1) tifa could not be in brawl she was never on a nintendo console.

2) FF Advent Children was a travesty. It had a horrible storyline and was just something for square to cash in on. Make a FF7 movie and fanboys will come drooling. Even when AC was just a rumor I was saying that FF8 would have made a much better movie. (Squall > Cloud, Gunblade > Buster sword, Time Compression story > giant meteor story)

3) FFX was not the best FF. Not even Close. I've played 1,2,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, and 10-2. Despite the awesomeness of the Pre-CG games I still have to say 8 is my favorite. The stories and characters for 5 and 6 were awesome though.

So in my opinion, if you wanna put a FF character in brawl put someone who deserves it, someone who isn't a fanboy's wetdream wielding a giant butter knife. Also, someone who was actually in a game on a nintendo system (a big character not a cameo) *COUGH* TERRA *COUGH* FARIS *COUGH* (and dont anyone dare say FF 5 and 6 are PS games. I will slap you)

avyuir

Smash Cadet
Dantedemonslayr said:
So in my opinion, if you wanna put a FF character in brawl put someone who deserves it, someone who isn't a fanboy's wetdream wielding a giant butter knife. Also, someone who was actually in a game on a nintendo system (a big character not a cameo) *COUGH* TERRA *COUGH* FARIS *COUGH* (and dont anyone dare say FF 5 and 6 are PS games. I will slap you)
I'de like to see you try. And it also depends on which one your talking about cause final fantasy 5 and 6 in japan are actually 3 and 4 for us and had origanally came out on the snes in 96 or somewhere around there.. And yes, 5 and 6 did come out on the PS aswell but not untill 1999. :tired:

Maverick69

Smash Ace
I know that. And i dont intend to literally slap anyone.

I meant dont anyone come in and say FF5 and 6 were for only PS. Meaning some n00b might come in and say Anthology was on PS so those chars cant be in brawl. even tho the games were originally on SNES,

avyuir

Smash Cadet
Dantedemonslayr said:

I meant dont anyone come in and say FF5 and 6 were for only PS. Meaning some n00b might come in and say Anthology was on PS so those chars cant be in brawl. even tho the games were originally on SNES,
Its only because when they think FF they think PS and PS2. They would never actually consider researching exactly how many games their were. :estatic:

bbb

Smash Champion
Dantedemonslayr said:

Those were originally for NES, six came to SNES in america as three. 5 was only on PS in English.

Top Bottom