• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Wanna Kill Snake at 0%? (video included)

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
this is a good find. i actually saw a kirby player do this at an nyc weekly... dont think it was purposely though -__-.

so is it random that either mk or snake will die? or can i time this somehow that snake will always die? also what would the timing be to kill snake?

i think this is a smart technique to use if you are at a higher percent than snake and up by a stock.. could be used just as a dedede swallowcide.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
Yeah, it works

Gotta work on the timing though...

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Not alot. Snake's can still handle grenades like they use to; they just get rid of them faster and don't hold on to them. If the Snake happens to forget to drop the grenade and you grab them, lucky you, but it won't change MK vs Snake metagame too much.

Definitely don't rely on this move. Just know that it's possible, but concentrate on more solid techniques.

HolyForce

Smash Journeyman
This is definately a "nice to know" thing. No way a RIP Snake thing.

Damage of each and Port actually do factor in on this, too.

Amide

Smash Lord
Boohahaha! I'm sorry, but that, is awesome. There's nothing else worth mentioning.

Foxy_Marth

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-1951-3128
I remember reading something about Snake detonating attached C4's during MK/Kirby's Uthrow too. Not exactly what was saud

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
ppl are thinking this will be a great kill move .. but it really wont be.. sorry but i havent seen one snake who will let himself be grabbed while holding a grenade in the first place... they take out grenades from a distance and they always drop them if u come after them....

so as the creator of this thread already said.. it's cool and all but isnt something that will be very useful cuz u cant exactly pull it off against someone really smart with snake.

Fire!

Smash Champion
NNID
Fire149
3DS FC
2809-9924-8928
This is still worth mentioning. Does it work with Sticky Bombs ? That would be a good way to KO

Dojo

Smash Champion
ppl are thinking this will be a great kill move .. but it really wont be.. sorry but i havent seen one snake who will let himself be grabbed while holding a grenade in the first place... they take out grenades from a distance and they always drop them if u come after them....

so as the creator of this thread already said.. it's cool and all but isnt something that will be very useful cuz u cant exactly pull it off against someone really smart with snake.
People are saying they realize it's not going to be great. But its a good little trick to know. Situations do rise up at some time or another.

Newman

Smash Rookie
ok guys theres a flaw in this techique. it only works when you, as metaknight or kirby, are in a higher controller port then the snake, such as snake player is connected into player 1 controller slot, and you are in number 2,3, or 4. if you are connected into the lower controller slot, you will be the one to die instead of snake, so use at your own risk.

ckm

Smash Journeyman
hey guys, could we get some definitive answers as to what determines who dies? Some of you are saying controller port, others are saying timing, and someone even said damage matters.... could we please look into this?

Scuba Stolz

Smash Rookie
hey guys, could we get some definitive answers as to what determines who dies? Some of you are saying controller port, others are saying timing, and someone even said damage matters.... could we please look into this?
Newman is correct. I was with him when we tested it. There was once a video that showed how the game does priority. it has one wave bird controller controlling 4 Pokemon trainers. when he used down B, they don't all switch out at once. Player one switches first, then player two switches, then player three, then player four. the use of priority is also shown when you go to grab someone. it player 1 and 2 try to grab each other at the same time, player one will always grab player two.
For some reason, when you do this trick to kill snake, whoever is in the lowest number controller port will be the one to die. the other player will just take damage. I believe that the game does the knock back effect to characters using the same priority also, however, by the time you should get knocked back as player two, the attack is already over, so you don't get knocked up, and therefore don't die

Rogue Pit

Smash Lord
Guys Scuba Stolz is right, its port priority. The person with the higher number port if being grabbed or doing the grab will take damage of an explosive but will not take knock back the person with the lower number will take knockback and damage, even if he doing the grabbing or being grabbed. You notice in the video that snake is first and MK is second, giving MK the port Priority. Though in that case it would be a good idea to use.

Timing- with the timing it has to be very good, The reason it happens is because of the knock back part.
I was playing around with my friend online ( we were both pits) I wing refreshed (using Up B) than my 3 jumps and up B agained fully. IT would be star KO but nothing was up there to deal damage to me besides
microscope damage thing. Than my friend shot an arrow straight up and killed me. THe knockback at that high altitude kills. Hences the timing of the grenade explosing kills Snake at the height you take damage from port priority but no knockback, he takes knockback and get ownt. That is why that happens but interesting discovery and kirby should be able to do it. Though if you were in that situation definately do it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I pulled this off against a snake once, and only once. If only I could have seen his face when I did it. Kirby can do this too, as well as performing it on both Links, but for some reason Kirby died too, sometimes or something. I was testing it out with a friend.
Still, it was funny when I actually pulled it off.

Top Bottom