• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] The Perth Power Rankings ~NEW UPDATE 23/09/10~ Version 5.2

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
For anyone wondering results that were used.

Results:
1: Corpsecreate
2: Richard
3: Hobobloke
4: Vlade
5: Techno
5: Hitlers butler
7: MTGod
7: Baconfingers
9: Rollx
9: Alzi
9: Marteh
9: Hoshi
13: Prodigy
13: Myxamatosis
13: Bsrk
13: Prodigy2.0
17: Tsunamo
17: Coles

1: Sam
2: Alister
3: Ric
4: Hobobloke
5: Prodigy
5: Hater
7: Hoshikage
7: Quetz
9: SummonerAU
9: Hitler's Butler
9: Splice
9: Foshling
13: Prof. Mic
13: Prodigy 2.0
13: Coles

1: Corpseeeeeeecreate ($66.00) ()
2: Richard7 ($33.00) ()
3: Cache ($11.00) ()
4: Quetz ()
5: Glenn (/)
5: Hater ()
7: Chewe
7: Hobobloke
9: Fuzz
9: TPA
9: Marteh
9: Pete278
13: Max
13: Mtgod
13: Hypo Josh
13: Andrew
17: Mic128
17: Xald
17: Nic
17: Miles
17: Mico
17: Hiro

1: Corpse^137create
2: Vlade
3: Richard7
4: Quetz
5: Pwnsweet
5: Hater
7: Techno
7: Hitler's Butler
9: Okazaki
9: Mic_128
9: Sunohara
9: Hobobloke
13: ChuLessMeat
13: Nipploplus
13: Dino
13: MTGod

To adress your points if neither Pete nor Rick beat anyone noticable then all we have to go off is tournament results which give Rick a clear advantage, and the fact Rick beat Pete (even if it was because of rage, a win is a win) 10th spot is indeed a very tight fight but purely on tournament results we had to give it to Rick, if Pete didnt lose hiis **** so much it may be different, <3 Pete.

Pete278

Smash Lord
I have beaten noticeable people, though. Well, a noticeable person, in this case Jesse. You might say he's only an honourable mention, but at the moment, I too am also only an honourable mention, thus making his only legitimate win invalid if you try to discount mine. In addition, the first tournament with Rick at was severely damaged placings-wise by Vlade not turning up, giving Rick effectively a bye into 5th (I'm sorry Marty, but, yeah :(). In addition, Vlade then eliminated me from loser's in a very close set, and later went on to two-stock Rick, showing I have better capabilities in a matchup that's harder than the one he was playing against the same person, who is PR'd 2nd. While a loss may be useless for comparing players in regular circumstances, as we only have very little to go off, I feel the large difference in our loss should be usable for comparison.

Secondly, the next tournament Rick placed at was also effectively byes into 7th, and I wasn't even in attendance, preventing our placings from being compared there. Thus, you don't really have a neutral situation with which to compare the placings between me and Rick. All you can go off is that a) he's beaten me, b) I've beaten Jesse, c) he hasn't played Jesse and d) I did better than he did against Vlade. There aren't any other comparable situations, unfortunately.

MTGod

Smash Champion
To adress your points if neither Pete nor Rick beat anyone noticable then all we have to go off is tournament results which give Rick a clear advantage, and the fact Rick beat Pete (even if it was because of rage, a win is a win) 10th spot is indeed a very tight fight but purely on tournament results we had to give it to Rick, if Pete didnt lose hiis **** so much it may be different, <3 Pete.
So, if neither of them beat anyone noticeable, you go to the tournament placings even though he clearly had an easy (easier) bracket? I would have thought who people lost to would take higher precedence over who TIO favours :p

And what about Rob? Sure, he's only played one tournament, but in that tournament he beat both Andy (he used Sonic, but still "a win is a win") and Rick. Given that Rob uses MK which everyone has experience against, really these two wins show him as being a good player... You could argue that "he hasn't proved consistency" because he's only been to one tournament, but Rick hasn't proved consistency himself if the only person he's beat recently is Pete. And what about Alex? He used to be on the PR IIRC, and when he came back with Glenn after his long hiatus he defeated both me and Andy and took Glenn down to a third game, last stock high percents...

I'm not sure if you already have, and maybe this defeats the purpose of the "panel" but maybe you could get the opinions of the non-PR members? There's five possible contenders for that 10th spot, but really I think Rick hasn't done anymore than I have to claim it other than get luckier with the bracket. IMO if there was going to be a change for 10th, based on the info you've said you've based it around, it should go to Rob or Alex. Or remain with Pete until it becomes a little more clear cut.

Zero

Smash Hero
It's not up to Technodeath to defend his position. Ask the panelists. All this discussion seems to me is that you guys are sore that you're not on the PR.

Pete278

Smash Lord
Rick, even if you didn't get moved off, we'd find something new to ***** about in a new thread somewhere else. You're just the new music should be off for Perth.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
It's a PPR discussion thread so people are allowed to state any reasons they deem valid_ These get taken into consideration by the panelists for future PPR decisions or (as has been seen this revision), instantly revising previously made choices_

The changes have been made and 10th place is a tight fit_ There are a handful of people to watch out for in future revisions no doubt and I am sure a change will be made when clearer evidence is given to adjust the PPR_

Vlade

Social Outcast
We're definitely open to suggestions, after all a last minute change was made after hearing some opinions from non-panelists.

We need to save bracket images from every tourney from now on to avoid confusions like these since it's impossible to remember who's beaten who off the top of our heads :p

MTGod

Smash Champion
^This

I'm willing to offer this service, but I'd need to get rule over Bob's OP in the Tourney Listings (unless you don't mind me just posting a separate post in there?)... Wait, isn't this what AUSmash should be used for :S???

Anyway, I've put across my argument - I have nothing new to bring to the conversation so if you still don't agree then we'll have to disagree on this point ^^ Everything else about the PR I'm happy with though.

Rick gonna hate me :p

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I've stated previously that i would like someone to take the Tourney Listings thread off my hands because i can't commit to keeping it updated any longer_ It's all yours Jesse if you want it_

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
So with Scoot and Splice as members of Perth I believe our PR needs to be adjusted to account for these

#1 Corpsecreate
#2 Vlade
#2 Richard
#4 Quetz +3
#5 Scoot NEW
#6 Hater -1
#7 Hobobloke -1
#8 Ghnaschnakoff -1
#9 Splice NEW
#10 Fuzz -

Honourable Mentions
MTGod, Technodeath, Pete278

I think the main issue up for debate is if Scoot should be above or below Quetz as they are yet to play each other.

Splice's position is entirely an estimate although I believe his positioning is close to correct, discuss.

Hater

Smash Ace
No he stopped because he is bad at stealing money

FIXED !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#1 Corpsecreate
#2 Vlade
#2 Richard
#4 Quetz +3
#5 Scoot NEW
#6 Hater -1
#7 Splice NEW
#8 Ghnaschnakoff -1
#9 Hobobloke -3
#10 Mtgod NEW

MTGod

Smash Champion
Nawww... But yeah, according to the PR round robin it's Me > Pete > Rick.

MTGod

Smash Champion
I doubt they would've put a Falcon next to your name, given that a) you got to 10th with Olimar and b) you'd lose $20 :p

Hater

Smash Ace
I let him go of the $20 just to see falcon play in a tourney

Why isnt Jesse 10th yet he won the round robin quite convincly (inb4petegordsitup)

Top Bottom