• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] The Perth Power Rankings ~NEW UPDATE 23/09/10~ Version 5.2

MTGod

Smash Champion
Here, take mine!

>Marty acquires "Honourable Mention"
>It's getting late, it's time to go back to the dorm.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
(am not absorbing anything that has been said)

I'm kinda should be getting an honourable mention for coming from geraldton. My sheer dedication and ****, you know?

LUILLULULULULUL

Vlade

Social Outcast
We're undergoing some revisions of this PR, some controversy has arisen in REAL Brawlers so we're discussing it right now as I post this

Please hang on a little more for the final update.

Fuzz

Smash Apprentice
*response to the whole everyone but my opinion is stupid comment*
actually thats not true
see, the idea of a PPR panel is to consider EVERYTHING and make rational judgements about players positions based on all of the facts available.
I look at that PPR and it doesnt look like you guys have considered everything.
For instance this is NOT smack talk by any means but i dont understand why quetz has made such a huge jump. Maybe its due to lack of experience but i have played againt quetz in a few tournaments and am yet to drop a set against him. we have played in a variety of situations and circumstances and i am confident that i win against him fairly consistently whereas the justification for placing techno above me must have been that he has beaten me in two tournament sets as well as higher general placings.

while I still completely remain to be convinced about the issue of techno i'll let that one lie because i dont think I have made my position in relation to him conclusive and i feel that will have to wait until we play another set.

Trav and i are pretty far apart on that list too.
Hope we get to play a set next tournament or something because i dont think the difference in the PR reflects the difference in real life. I could be wrong,

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU-----
you guys changed that while i was still writing this,
ah well im keeping this **** up anyway because i want my opinions on this matter to be considered,

What was the justification for moving trav above andy? has the main switch been affecting his places that badly?

Generally i think you actually did a pretty decent job in the PR but i think you guys need to consider more about how each of our players does against other players. Members of the PR committee and the top players shouldnt be the only ones taken into consideration when placing people on the PR.
Stupid was an overstatement. i apologise

MTGod

Smash Champion
I hate you all - I just typed out a massive post and then you updated the power ranking, making my entire post useless...

Just another fly buzzing around the giant turd that was my day, I guess... I'm not even going to bother arguing until I know it's settled...

EDIT: And no, I'm not on this list... Honourable mention is NOT on the list ***** channel 7*

MTGod

Smash Champion
'Aight, my turn (Rick's gonna hate me)

I don't see Rick on the PR at the moment... Take a look at the brackets of the tournaments that he's played in - he hasn't beaten anyone (or even come close to) from the previous PR since AGC which feels like a millenia ago considering that he's been to a couple of tournaments after that... Moreover, the people he has beaten to get those top 8 placings have been either complete scrubs, or the worser players in our scene (much love to them, but Mic/Marty/Graeme/Bob aren't exactly our best players in the scene; sorry guys :( )... If the PR got updated straight after AGC I'd be like "oh well yeah", but there is more recent evidence that shows that he can't beat anyone of note, and from what I actually witnessed and played against recently including at Venom he doesn't come close to them... This is, unless I blinked and missed him take a game (which could have actually happened given that the Speech Bandit was there - he does tend to make time fly :p)... I'd like a little more clarification/convincing before I accept Rick as our 10th place... (And as you will probably say "well who else would take his place?" probably Pete, since the only contenders at the moment for this 10th spot are Pete, Rick and myself; Pete was on there before because he was a little better than me and probably still is, and Rick has not beaten Pete or me, AND Rick lost to Rob who is, no offence, not that great due to not having played for long...)

[Sorry Rick :(]

I'm intrigued to see Trav placed higher than Andy as well, though I believe this is due to Andy succumbing to his lust for low tier during tournament sets :p

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Andy has placed like a ******** pretty much every tournament we've considered, also Rick did beat Pete. That being said you raise good points, though really the same could be said with Pete in terms of not beating noticebale players.

MTGod

Smash Champion
It could, and it's hard to call... I'm just really confused at why Pete was awarded 10th place after AGC (if i remember correctly :S), and yet now Rick's 10th place after not really doing anything noteworthy since AGC... Sure, Pete hasn't either, but if neither player has done anything to warrant movement, why change their positions??? I haven't done anything to warrant movement either, so why wasn't I put in 10th?

(Reading that last sentence back it sounds terribly bratty, but I can't rephrase it any other way =.=)

I dunno, it just.. is it possible to get like a transcript of the discussion or something, assuming you discussed it online? Or like, a brief summary or something??? All I got on MSN was Kane giving me reasons with a bucketload of holes (e.g. insinuating I should have beaten Trill or Andy in order to prove that I'm better than Rick beating a random scrub or Marty)

[And I'm supposing at least one person is going to read this as if I was pissed off and then the conversation's going to roll into some sorta ****storm again, as what seems to be the norm on Smashboards these days... huh*sigh*]

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I dunno, it just.. is it possible to get like a transcript of the discussion or something, assuming you discussed it online? Or like, a brief summary or something??? All I got on MSN was Kane giving me reasons with a bucketload of holes (e.g. insinuating I should have beaten Trill or Andy in order to prove that I'm better than Rick beating a random scrub such as Marty)
Now as for the Rick thing, I agree he is good but to get his placings lets see who he beat

Tournament before last - he beat me and pete (pete raged the match)
This Tournament - Nic, myself, Rob

Now no offense, the only decent player there is Rob and he didn't know the match up.

Now while Pete's singles haven't been that well I believe his calibur in doubles (hell he pulled back a 2v1 in high percents) is enough to show he's capable.

Basically, that 10th spot is a very controversial decision.

Edit: Plus Rick got spiked by my Ness, lol noob

Top Bottom