• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

MasterC

Smash Ace
ROFL, good point^ come on now kline... i remember when you wanted to be the best!!! what happened bro!?!?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
it was more of a joke, but why do we need to be famous at all? whyyy can't we play cuz we like smash.

also because apparently u think his monkey stands a chance winning vs my m2. and his fan page has my picture on it.

:phone:

MasterC

Smash Ace
hmmm... i have faith in the 3 but tony does know about the low tier MU's LOL that said i did vote on you in that poll my dude so you better take shane's $5 hahaha

MasterC

Smash Ace
just don't yawn in the middle of your MM and pretend like everything's fine if you go down 3-1, is all i'm saying bro

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
whats that got to do with m2 vs dk MU knowledge.

and I yawn all day. its what happens when u get 0-2 hours of sleep and then get up and try to concentrate om smash all day. I try not to yawn during a match because well, im playing atm.

*****s be tired sometimes. I wasn't blowing it off. I know u seen me straight passed out at gc b4.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
na thats his interpretation of me being tired. I yawn alot in between stocks and after games. im actively not trying to yawn during the game because I can't see with my eyes closed. and the combination of me taking risks like fishing for an up smash vs a grabby marth and playing bad may have looked like I wasn't trying when in reality it was just a poor decision.

like toph was saying I just ****ed around and ****, but I had some expectation of those usmashes connecting, except the one on shane lol.

but for those of u who think im yawning because I don't care, its just because im tired. I hadn't seen any of my homies in a month. I was excited to see u *****s.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
lol is yawnz like tired johns?

edit:u free to smash tomorrow otto? I was only asking you because im only free until about 6ish and your place is close to the airport, when I gotta pick up momz

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
I said the matchup was in m2s favor and that Kline would win easily if he played the matchup correctly and lamed it out forever - that being said i don't think Kline will keep that up if shane is playing well and actually lands some hits.

Dk can't edgeguard can't combo can't punish but m2 has tools - not super crazy m2 favor but its his favor.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
its not even a long Match lol. it ain't m2 samus or anything, plus m2 racks up damage decently with his offense.

also, that bowser looks strangely like u. idk but it reminds me of u hella.

MasterC

Smash Ace
^seed this guy accordingly lol I'm pretty sure otto takes care of all that anyways... hope you can continue to make it out here man you do work

Chip.

you know what to do
haha thanks guys! Master c do you go by a different tag at gc?

Also, in other news this is the first time I've ever changed my avatar. I feel free. Mickey Mouse is too ill.

Eggz

Smash Hero
im posting more cuz charles asked

that said, im comin for blood this weekend (cuz i need more hehe =[)

yall gotta catch up to my post count tho
cept kline

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
Really Kline? You couldn't do the simple math of 8,203 - 7,740?

edit: oooh wow I'm almost at a thousand! =O

I still remember when Otto and I weren't that good friends and I had a post count of 444 and he was like dude vish nice post count
and I was like holy **** silentwolf.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
YO WASHINGTON!!!

Our next tournament is almost definitly going to be dec 17th. I'm expecting your entire PR to show up, and then some. Vish, money match when I have +3 to all stats on my home field *****!

as long as charles or someone drives, the people with passports are gonna go. which would prob be me charles andy and iceman.

edit: and toph

edit 2: oh **** and vish.

filteeeee

MasterC

Smash Ace
^LMAO i kno huh, dude is ON IT rofl

kris: you should know that any carpool with me involved is obviously gonna be fu**in legit xD

Vista

Smash Journeyman
IMO

1. Otto
2. Teddy
3. Shane
4. Vish
5. Chip
6. C!Z
7/8 toph/andy?
9/10 Gimpy/T-iceman (if gimpy is inactive then I would put 9.T-iceman and 10.Kline)

REASONING

1. Otto - obvious. Has won every GC since forever

2. Teddy - consistently places 2nd losing occasionally to shane? but never to anyone besides otto. (correct me if i'm wrong)

3. Shane - Although has lost to Vish a couple times recently, Won a very recent GC and has a pretty looking smash resume.

4. Vish - Got 3rd last GC. Beat shane in two consecutive tournament sets?

5. Chip - From MY perspective, based on playing pretty much everyone at least a few times. AND having played this dude in tournament. I would say he is ranked AROUND this spot at this time. I don't know about his activity so much (I'm pretty sure it's like, terrible), but Out of C!Z/TOPH/ICEMAN/andy/gimpy/, I had the hardest time against this ******. He also got 4th, respectively.

6. C!Z - CLOSE behind chip IMO. C!Z also beat me by about the same margin as Chip as well. I just feel like chip is a little more textbook and does some stuff that's a little more effective. Get drunk and lose to me in money matches more, scrub. JK, u **** <3. Not sure what C!Z placed at tournament. I'm guessing it was 5th or 7th.

7/8 Toph/Andy: While I feel like Toph is potentially the better player, I just can't sleep on my ****en Valkyrie. Although I tapped both of these ******'s ;), I have to say they both gave me an equally hard time. Placement at recent tournaments shows Andy above Toph if I'm not mistaken, but I feel that they are both a relatively requal threat. Different matchups would probably come into heavy consideration for me when trying to place these 2.

9/10 Gimpy/T-iceman/Kline While Gimpy is inactive, His bowser beats my ganon, and therefore, he is worth of being on the PEE ARR. In all seriousness though, iceman gave me close matches in tournament and is an up and coming. Definetly worthy of WA PR. Kline I didn't play except like 1 match vs his mew3. He got 9th I think? I guess he should be on there too. I really don't know about your last 2 spots WA. It's def a toss up.

I don't care if you think my input is worthless, you're getting it anyways.
ihy

:(:(:(

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
I think I should go above Shane because I was beating him in friendlies.

I was also beating him in doubles money matches.
These are both relevant to the current discussion.

Top Bottom