• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
wait wait wait why am i not ranked 62 anymore =( do i have to be totally 100% inactive to get that rank? because i'll quit again if necessary.

i-was-lazy-and-didnt-think-youd-notice.

you-should-enter-and-stuff.

doubles-too.

our-rankings-could-be-legit-again-any-time-now.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
If I get some Saturdays off (which i will in the future) I'll for sure enter!

but I wont be able to until about February because we'll be so busy at my work

I even started practicing again...

with mario but..... that's something!

MasterC

Smash Ace
Is mario good in teams? I don't think I've ever seen a successful team with a mario LOL not that bowser would b better but yea...

:phone:

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
dunno i don't really like teams

if i actually continue practicing for long enough it's possible that i'll do some team friendlies if i can find a relatively consistent teams partner that's good

EDIT: when i say dunno i mean no mario is not good in teams

MasterC

Smash Ace
LOL teddy you've been asking that since like last year at the least... idk if otto will ever get to it :p

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
IMO

1. Otto
2. Teddy
3. Shane
4. Vish
5. Chip
6. C!Z
7/8 toph/andy?
9/10 Gimpy/T-iceman (if gimpy is inactive then I would put 9.T-iceman and 10.Kline)

REASONING

1. Otto - obvious. Has won every GC since forever

2. Teddy - consistently places 2nd losing occasionally to shane? but never to anyone besides otto. (correct me if i'm wrong)

3. Shane - Although has lost to Vish a couple times recently, Won a very recent GC and has a pretty looking smash resume.

4. Vish - Got 3rd last GC. Beat shane in two consecutive tournament sets?

5. Chip - From MY perspective, based on playing pretty much everyone at least a few times. AND having played this dude in tournament. I would say he is ranked AROUND this spot at this time. I don't know about his activity so much (I'm pretty sure it's like, terrible), but Out of C!Z/TOPH/ICEMAN/andy/gimpy/, I had the hardest time against this ******. He also got 4th, respectively.

6. C!Z - CLOSE behind chip IMO. C!Z also beat me by about the same margin as Chip as well. I just feel like chip is a little more textbook and does some stuff that's a little more effective. Get drunk and lose to me in money matches more, scrub. JK, u **** <3. Not sure what C!Z placed at tournament. I'm guessing it was 5th or 7th.

7/8 Toph/Andy: While I feel like Toph is potentially the better player, I just can't sleep on my ****en Valkyrie. Although I tapped both of these ******'s ;), I have to say they both gave me an equally hard time. Placement at recent tournaments shows Andy above Toph if I'm not mistaken, but I feel that they are both a relatively requal threat. Different matchups would probably come into heavy consideration for me when trying to place these 2.

9/10 Gimpy/T-iceman/Kline While Gimpy is inactive, His bowser beats my ganon, and therefore, he is worth of being on the PEE ARR. In all seriousness though, iceman gave me close matches in tournament and is an up and coming. Definetly worthy of WA PR. Kline I didn't play except like 1 match vs his mew3. He got 9th I think? I guess he should be on there too. I really don't know about your last 2 spots WA. It's def a toss up.

I don't care if you think my input is worthless, you're getting it anyways.

C!Z

Smash Lord
LOL you would bring up that $1 mm. Pretty much the only two games I lost to you all weekend(all my terties included), get better before you open that mouth, "Noob". =]

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
Nate still on the pr or what? when's the last time he came?

I think he's actually been pretty recently right?

If he's gone for too long though from tournaments.... /shrug

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
I played him in tourney in october. he was also there in september and maybe august.

so from this update period he was there last month.1/2

vista has been there o/2. everyone else is 2/2, including prospects like chip and toph. andreas is 1/2

one tourney left in the update period.

moving down cuz of inactivity is dumb. imo we should take him off. i wouldnt even count that last tourney, he just didnt try and left immediately

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
LOL you would bring up that $1 mm. Pretty much the only two games I lost to you all weekend(all my terties included), get better before you open that mouth, "Noob". =]
I love how you got uber defensive right away, even though i added the "JK u **** <3". Ya you beat my ****ty hungover falcon. Congrats. Come up here for a tournament and we'll see what's up ;)

C!Z

Smash Lord
Regardless you brought up dumb games lol. I didn't bring up my 2-0 in tourney.. or oops. See what you made me do. I woulda been there a long time ago if the passport people weren't *******s.

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
Regardless you brought up dumb games lol. I didn't bring up my 2-0 in tourney.. or oops. See what you made me do. I woulda been there a long time ago if the passport people weren't *******s.
LOL!
hahaha, but can you beat him on his hometurf?! Field power bonus dude.

MasterC

Smash Ace
Ya idk, ily ciz but you been johning about passport ish FOREVER

Let's go get your picture taken n submit that ish this weekend so we can roll deep nex time they host ;)

I'm tryna see ciz vs sion what's good?!?

C!Z

Smash Lord
I really did what I could. They denied me and never gave me my birth certificate back lol. Enhanced DL is the only option I see. Which I'm down for.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
moving down cuz of inactivity is dumb. imo we should take him off. i wouldnt even count that last tourney, he just didnt try and left immediately
I suppose, lol, but I just figured it depended on the circumstances. If somebody was still coming to fests and such, but something came up and they couldnt make it to GC. talking just as a general rule, not specifically in nates case.

You also primarily moved me down for not going to any fests, and only attending 1 tournament out of the 3, well woulda been 2/4 but you didnt want to count 4 months back so we just skipped may.

I dont actually care, but there isnt an actual reason to remove nate. He has been to a tourney this update period, and he hasnt lost to anybody not on PR, half assing or not. So, unless at next GC there are enough add ons to knock him off(thru performance not homie status/we know this person is good) I dont see why he would be removed.

edit:Whats the process for extended DLs, I gotta renew my DL so I figured I might as well get the extended DL while Im at it.

youre-right,-but-i-dont-see-any-point-in-keeping-nate-on-cuz-hes-inactive-to-the-point-of-not-even-considered-being-a-part-of-the-community.-he-hasnt-touched-his-controller-once-since-last-gc-and-seems-to-have-no-intention-to-keep-playing.-either-way,-if-we-were-to-update-right-now-id-prob-put-nate-on,-but-if-he-doesnt-go-to-next-gc-its-over.

also,-when-me-and-toph-talked-about-it-the-other-day,-he-was-telling-me-thats-what-they-do-in-norcal.-i-thought-about-it,-and-to-me,-taking-inactive-people-off-seems-more-reasonable.-im-gonna-add-that-to-the-criteria-for-the-future.-another-one-of-the-main-reasons-that-polkicy-was-different-before-was-cuz-we-didnt-even-really-have-enough-players-to-have-a-pr-lol

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
So what ur basically saying is that nate isnt considered inactive because of his tournament activity this update period, but mostly because he deemed himself inactive and expressed desire to no longer play. If thats the case Im fine with taking him off.

what ish are u considering inactivity tho, Im just asking, or what do they consider inactive in norcal?

yea basically.

idk. maybe no attendance during PR period? only thing with that is we gotta update every 2 months, 3 at the most imo. if someone went to a gc like 4 months ago i wouldnt see that counting for much anymore unless it came down to close tie or somethin

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Id like to update more often aka 2-3 months. that way it will stay current and we can more easily define inactivity.

you could still seize 8-10, not all of em lol but you know what I mean. It would have to be the right bracket placing as well as a couple MMs. cuz nate and Vista are dropping if not being taken off for inactivity. and If I dont beat Iceman in a MM or beat him in bracket he will be going above me. you'd have to beat somebody pretty good to take 7th, or idk how bowser samus is lol.

MasterC

Smash Ace
i'm all for having Gimpy bak on the PR haha that'd be tight and draw some more attention to our region besides the usual SW/Eggz/Bladewise duke-outs with an occasional Vishous Vish appearance

we need to get Vish/Ciz/Prime more known for sure, can't say the same about 7-10 tho honestly :/ you guys are tight and all but uh... not making it past Round 1 Pools?!?!!? Kinda lame if you're gonna rep WA PR

just my opinion (from a semi-random nub lol) Kris/Andreas def made it to Round 3 of G2 Pools which is higher than half our PR so i think we should encourage them to do work at GC and Andreas/Stefan to actually come LOL

EDIT: what kline said about updating more frequently tho, it'll give ppl more incentive to do good at GC if they go up/down more often, they'll hafta work more to keep their spot or rise bak to the spot they want/had...

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
If y'all wanna get known ill dust off the ol YouTube channel and hand craft some classic mms ft3 sets like shane and i used to do

Srsly - ill upload melee vis and you guys will have fans.

Worked for combo status can work for you! Specially Vishnu after some small fine tuning.

And Kline if he gets better fundamentally and plays m2 instead of fox

Top Bottom