• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

WA Power Rankings: August 2014 Update

Eggz

Smash Hero
Like when he slept on those chairs at FC with me and Kyle yelling at him? I think me and Otto are needing to be tied at #1 for the moving while asleep PR.

I'm surprised we were able to share a bed for OC LOL

Luigi Ka-master

Smash Lord
meh, crappy weather 24/7> trees, in terms of WA's cool prowess.

And I'm pretty sure I deserve a spot on that sleeping-PR, 'cuz I slept on like a metal bench with no back support, sitting completely upright at the airport on the way back from FC.

I also slept while Shane and Otto beat up Gimpy and yelled at him and stuff the night before Dan.

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
Sooo... sleeping awards aside~
PR getting updated? nothing really happened. so im gonna say no?
cept maybe taking jem off since he quit, and loop for inactivity.

sagemoon

Smash Lord
Jem i'm pretty sure i remember you saying for them to take you off the PR before.

Anyways, if you're planning on going to tournaments then you will have your spot like every other active player. Although what about ppl like RC who were taken off for inactivity? Its basically the same thing.

Deva

Smash Lord
It's not so much that you missed this GC, as it is that you plan on missing more, since you said you quit, which = inactivity, though maybe they'll keep you on, idk, and I used way too many comas in that sentence.

Jem.

Smash Master
I am not saying R.C shouldnt be on there. He doesnt even talk to anyone from what I hear.

And I'm just saying, dont take me off until there is actually someone better than me.

I still quit, I just play the game on random tourney days now I guess.

R.C.

Smash Apprentice
I still talk to Teddy and try to smash with him whenever I come home. And on the rare occasion I attend a tourney I talk to everyone I know. I just don't have a real way of communicating with everyone else besides the boards which I post on extremely rare occasions.

Also, coming from the perspective of a panelist, it would seem like a difficult task of finding someone who is "actually better than you" when you have quit and won't be around to be compared too anymore based on results and what not. There's no way of seeing if anyone has gotten better than you with no current comparison point.

Touk

Smash Journeyman
R.C. Does have a point, if you only show up to random tourneys it would be too hard to "find someone who is better than you" when you won't be around to be compared to. If there is anything the PR stands for it's consistency, if you don't show up enough, you don't get ranked. I mean, if blair showed up to one clucks every 3 months, should he be ranked? No. Since he effectively quit, it wouldn't be fair to the other people who show up all the time. We claim this as "inactivity". It sounds like you're just not having fun playing this game competitively and if that is the case, I do recommend that you quit or at least take a break or a while.

numberonenacho

Smash Lord
And I'm just saying, dont take me off until there is actually someone better than me.
1. [1] - Luigi Ka-Master - Luigi

2. [3] - DJ Combo - Marth/Falco

3. [2] - Silent Wolf - Fox

4. [4] - Eggz - Fox

5. [5] - Jumpfreak - Fox

6. [6] - Bladewise - Peach

7. [N] - Zeru - Fox/Various

there, i found 7 people better than you. XD

so your saying, you should only get kicked off PR if you get bumped off by people better than you? >.> cmon now.

TrueJamo

Smash Apprentice
YES I AM GIMPY.
You just dont know it :)
I can try to find an effective balance of Halo and Smash, but I HAVE to get sponsored in Halo.

And I meant, like, if someone that isnt better than me takes my spot, that will be dumb, I will show up to GC, tell him to put me against ____ who took my spot first round, and beat them.

:)

Is everyone here going to the Costume Party on the 30th at GC? I think I might be doing Halo 3 and Smash, so you guys should watch me in Halo 3 if I got a good partner :)

EDIT: Umm, I think if Blair came once every 3 months, and consistently was beating people on the PR, he should have that spot, not someone worse. Isn't a Power Ranking for the best in the state? If he is better than others, someone that comes all the time and isnt as good shouldnt get the spot. But Blair doesnt even come once every 3 months, so it doesnt matter.

Double Edit: Touk, I like playing the game competitively. I don't like losing when I've put a lot of time into this game. My first tournament was IVGF Seattle 2003, on my 13th birthday (March 1st). It just frustrates me that people are better than me. I don't like to lose.

- Jem on Jamo's account. Didn't know he was ****ing logged in, thought it was me still.

Touk

Smash Journeyman
I meant, like, if someone that isnt better than me takes my spot, that will be dumb, I will show up to GC, tell him to put me against ____ who took my spot first round, and beat them.
So since you took my spot in the rankings, does that mean all I have to do to get it back is go to the same clucks you do and beat you again? The answer is no, you EARN your spot by being good and coming out, we have no clue how good you are if you do not come out to play, if you quit, we take you off of the rankings because quitting implies inactivity. The rankings just aren't about 'who is the best' because you have to define and narrow down what 'best' means. "POSITION CRITERIA
You will be positioned not generally on tournament performance, but who you play in tournament, how it worked out, and how consistent you are."

Jem.

Smash Master
Touk, if you beat me in tournament and do better than me, I think you should take my spot. I was being sarcastic in the part you quoted..

Gimpy, it's cause I'm a competitive person really. I play things to be good. I almost have a Nate mentality I guess. The game being fun is a bonus. I'll play a game just to prove I'm better than people. So I care what people and out of staters think of me.

Mark - Okay? Lolz @ the uncool smashers. I wanna play smash soon with some of you PR'd. I havent even gotten to do a 1v1 with Nate and Otto in forever, even though I'd lose.

Touk

Smash Journeyman
Touk, if you beat me in tournament and do better than me, I think you should take my spot. I was being sarcastic in the part you quoted..

Gimpy, it's cause I'm a competitive person really. I play things to be good. I almost have a Nate mentality I guess. The game being fun is a bonus. I'll play a game just to prove I'm better than people. So I care what people and out of staters think of me.

Mark - Okay? Lolz @ the uncool smashers. I wanna play smash soon with some of you PR'd. I havent even gotten to do a 1v1 with Nate and Otto in forever, even though I'd lose.

But there is more to it than just beating someone at the tournament or doing "better" than they do, because it is NOT that simple. You beating me does not automatically make you better than me, AT LEAST in terms of the rankings. There are criteria in which you get ranked by and I think one of the more important ones is consistency. I am completely willing to give up my rank, if I don't show up to clucks to prove myself, even if I have never lost to the person who took my place. The rankings show that these are the people who care enough about the game to come out and prove themselves enough, ranked by their skill as such. I think almost all of us agreed on the position criteria. Your position on the rankings is NOT GENERALLY ON TOURNAMENT PERFORMANCE, there are other factors that are more important than that. I'll try to make this clearer. If Ka-master said everything that you have, I would fully expect him to give up his rank respectively, and should he want it again, he would have to come out and beat people as consistently as he did before.

"The game being fun is a bonus. I'll play a game just to prove I'm better than people."

The thing that drives most people (at least in my case) to go back to clucks even if they lose, is the fact that they are still having fun playing this game while at the same time proving themselves. Again if you are not, I suggest you take break.

Jem.

Smash Master
Consistency, head-to-head matchup, and doing better. Sounds like if you beat someone in all those categories, you're.. better than them.

This is purely a false example.. What if Blair came once every three months and beat Ammon and won every time. Do you think Ammon should still be first, and Blair not even be on the PR? Just because you go to every GC doesnt mean you should be on PR if you aren't good enough.

Top Bottom