• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Alzi

Smash Master
I agree two big crews are more fun. Well we can do your idea Jupz with the 4 and see which group places what then we can do another crew battle straight after but with 2 crews and we can even people up better for a much fun and intense game.

Since some people play good / bad at certain tournaments. As for me might go play some chrono trigger.

True Romance

Smash Ace
I like your idea of 4 only. You just said Bob twice though :p.

And yeah kane, proxy and trill have to be split up evenly within the 4 groups.
Why do we need to be split up????!!!!!!! Trill has done so consistently poorly till the last tourney surely that justifies us teaming together!!!

I like the crew Jupz suggested! Cept... WTB Nasch.

Edit - Kinda confused as to what's going on with national tourney stuff. I'm capable of getting us a ****ing bad arse venue with gametrader and 96fm involvement, but no one has pm'ed me details. I'm talking grand finals on a cinema screen bad arse, and all for not much out lay. Could even look at *borrowing* some tvs for the event. Just saying if you guys are serious about it give me a buzz. Oh and Jupz when you've got finalised details for your tourney + posters we need to catch up.

Jupz

Smash Master
Gnasch is going to RFLAN :(

Ok we might have 2 big crews but you guys can all be on the same team.

Crew 1
sam
jupz
glenn
alex
bob
marteh
bacon fingers
trav

crew 2
ric
kane
trill
proxy
muzga
mic
bringer
alzi

sound good?

Vlade

Social Outcast
Rob said he can get a venue which will fit everyone for $100

Trouble is, it can only be rented out on sunday

For national tournament, we're going to be having it over 2 days (POSSIBLY friday night as well)

Saturday: Brawl
Sunday: Melee

Or whatever everyone prefers :)

However, if your venue can be rented out for 2 days that would be sweet kane. We'll talk about it at the next tournament I host when I'm back from japan ;)

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
I'm still debating what to do with RFLAN and the tourney, I was thinking maybe going to RF for just Saturday and leaving Sunday because it usually dies down by 9am Sunday morning. Downside is that I'll be practically dead and hyped up on 15 energy drinks. Also I might still be going to Gold Coast over that weekend. I'll hopefully have everything sorted out by this weekend.

Alzi

Smash Master
That sounds good Jupz.

Even if trill did bad in some tournaments kane i still classifie him as a **** player. Infact even the people who don't make top 8 at the tourneys are all good players.

Jupz

Smash Master
Jono you able to make it?

Also vlade where is that venue? I haven't booked the arena yet so I could possible hold it there instead of the arena.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I have no idea, Rob and I have only talked about it

I suggest you hold it at arena just for simplicity, we might look into holding our regular tournies there in the future though

ichigo601

Smash Apprentice
jupz me and glenn coming with 2 full set ups. Also crew battles sounds awesome as long as we dont get rid of doubles, doubles are awesome =D......also dont put me and glenn on the same crew team :D

If we did have a national tourney and we didnt have enough t.v's me and Glenn could bring 6 t.v's all of the same or similar size 2 the 2 we usually bring. p.s we dont have 6 t.v's in one house :ohwell:....:ohwell: i dont live at home lol

ergoproxy

Smash Rookie
Kane said it! without the two of us by Trill's side all he can do is dispense rooster hats

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Jupz why not just stick with your initial concept of 1/3/5/7/9 vs 2/4/6/8 for crew battles_ Personally i find it much fairer than having pre-determined teams and stops the usual bickering of people wanting to be together/ apart_

Ideally i would love to have enough people to do a north vs south_

On better news_ Booked my tickets to QLD yesterday so shotgun W.A captain at SQUAT_ Although i still get the feeling i'm flying solo on this one_ I suggest anyone else who wants to come, start booking tickets A.S.A.P or they'll either sell out or cost ****loads_ Cost me and Babbs around $900 return_

Jupz

Smash Master
Ok bob but the only problem is that the people who don't come top 10 have to sit out. But otherwise it will take too long so I will do it that way.

Also GL Sam (and ric if hes going :) )

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Both of them are.

Would be a shame if something happened and they had to stay there >.>

Jupz

Smash Master
Sam are you seriously in TEC lol?

Also vlade im going to my friends tonight but tomorrow night I'll tell you. I have a bball windup on sunday at 4pm so you'll have to come before then.

Alzi

Smash Master
I just want to lol @ all the people who get ***** by Sam.

Shaya you will finally realise that the sword toon link holds is much better then that long skinny sword marth is holding.

Toon Links hair > Marths Hair aswell.

I would love to see matches on youtube aswell.

Alzi

Smash Master
Well there really is no one better then him. He does have a high chance of wining because he uses toon link.

The eastern people will finally see how much better toon link is then the person they main themselves and soon the whole of Australia will be using toon link. =]

They might even start to dress like him one day..

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Finally we'll get some rep from the eastern states and Shaya can stop thinking we're inferior cause we lose to a TL :mad:

Jupz if we do 1/3/5/7/9 vs 2/4/6/8/10 it doesn't mean the rest have to sit out, just split them up into each crew by either continuing with the results pattern or just randomly.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Western States inferior
Destructaton, superior.

HEY DONT YOU SAY ANYTHING ABOUT SOUNDWAVE PERTH.

I played some toon link in the states at genesis, forgot his name, but he was like the highest placing tink at genesis and also beat mikehaze in tournament.
I came very close to beating him in friendliez.

=)

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I just want to lol @ all the people who get ***** by Sam.

Shaya you will finally realise that the sword toon link holds is much better then that long skinny sword marth is holding.

Toon Links hair > Marths Hair aswell.

I would love to see matches on youtube aswell.
Hold it Alzi!
You can diss Shaya
You can diss his appearance
You can diss his mum
You can diss the fact no one loves him
You can diss his awful gamertag

But the second you get between a man and his main, you've crossed the line!
More the then that, you've dissed Marth, and this my friend means war....

Alzi

Smash Master
Coming very close does not mean anything. You must win to prove that you are a higher player then them.

Marteh just when i posted that i lol'd and forgot that you mained marth :p.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Hold it Alzi!
You can diss Shaya
You can diss his mum

I love you
Come away with me
<3

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Hold it Alzi!
You can diss Shaya
You can diss his mum

Yeah! Everyone knows Marth fights for her friends!

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
In other news, congrats on Alzi for 1,001 posts.

And I think I'm going to have to sort out Mic and Alzi next tournament..Now where'd I put my gun?....

Alzi

Smash Master
I never even realised i hit 1000.

Marteh the only way to sort this out is in a DDR match Alzi + Bob vs Marteh.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
I never even realised i hit 1000.

Marteh the only way to sort this out is in a DDR match Alzi + Bob vs Marteh.
It's actually funny I didn't even mean Bob, I was thinking "Crap Bob beats me, and Alzi beats Bob..I'm screwed"

BUT I ACCEPT YOUR CHALLENGE!

Vlade

Social Outcast
Bob I'm actually pretty serious about going to SQUAT, only thing holding me back is money

I'll ask my dad about it, but if you don't mind, I'd like it if you could have a talk with him first

It's POSSIBLE that he could pay for me lol, seeing as how my sisters and mum got to go on a holiday without me

Top Bottom