• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Jupz

Smash Master
Mic and alzi can you guys make it? Mic can you please try and get bringer to come? Promise him we'll have melee if he comes :p

Alzi

Smash Master
Yeah i'll probally come. I'm pretty pissed of from my crap play last time though. If it's in the holidays which i am guessing it is then i'll come definatly.

Alzi

Smash Master
Tourneys feel more complete with all the special puzzle pieces such as, Mic, Bob, Muzga, Trav, Marteh etc. Without some of them the puzzle you look at just does not look right.

Jupz since it's you hosting a tourney i'll come since it's your first one so i'll show good respect in attending it. =]

Muzga

Smash Ace
We have mic?
you mean mics gonna be there?
WOOOOOOOO! MIIIIC!!!!:D
Ill be coming to this with a tv and a copy of brawl, if i have the money ill do mms
Looking forward to this!:D

True Romance

Smash Ace
Much love for Jupz, the 7 Namoi Crew will be at your tourney, with all the **** we usually bring. Speaking of which the 7 Namoi Crew must be in the same crew for crew battles!

Me, Proxy, Trill and Nasch (Honourary Member) repping the dareo northern burbz!

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
E.g. if crew A sends in a falco player, crew B would want to send in a Marth player.
I really feel you fear that match up, you go on about it alot
Love you guys
Heck yeah Marty feels loved!
Tourneys feel more complete with all the special puzzle pieces such as, Mic, Bob, Muzga, Trav, Marteh etc. Without some of them the puzzle you look at just does not look right.
MOAR LOVE?
I feel so loved in this community I <3 you all, no homo.

Actually **** it, full homo
I think this must be my favourite post ever.

Anyway atm put me down for Brawl/Wii/Possibly DDR :p
If I can't make it I'll inform you guys at a later date........GROUP HUG!

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
NOOO JUPZ!!! That's the same day as RFLAN ><
You're cutting me! Pretty please change if you can. :D
RFLAN will most likely take priority since it's only once per holidays. :(
Hopefully next tourney I'll have my Pit up to scratch to come top 8.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Much love for Jupz, the 7 Namoi Crew will be at your tourney, with all the **** we usually bring. Speaking of which the 7 Namoi Crew must be in the same crew for crew battles!

Me, Proxy, Trill and Nasch (Honourary Member) repping the dareo northern burbz!
I say we have multiple crews of 4 in Perth, we could potentially scrap doubles or something and have a crew battles tourney one day :D

Alzi

Smash Master
Tourney crew battle would be fun. We had heaps of time left over last tourney for crew battles and other things but Marteh brought in some epic stuff such as T vs C and dance dance revolution xD.

Ghnasch what is RFLAN again i keep forgetting.

Wonder how the rankings will look once bob changes them.

For those who didn't know but do you know that site called first 4 figures and how they make statues and how The legend of zelda series has OOT link statue and fierce diety link statue. Well they have made a Zant statue that is 21 inches tall and will cost $329. I say we buy that and have it as a prize for the national tourney. Use the winners money on that. But still not to sure do you think they would prefer money or a actual prize or trophy?

Rooster hat crew anyone? Where we all wear rooster hats lol.

I made a new avatar + banner combo and i am loving it. Banner is big so i have to make huge post to view it.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
RFLAN is a big LAN party basically. lol
300 or so people in a massive hall over a weekend with tourneys like CoD4, DotA, CSS even a small brawl one that no one takes seriously except me. lol. Me and a big group of friends from school go every time we can and we've win a couple of the tourneys with the teams we put together.

Jupz

Smash Master
Cmon gnasch :\ Brawl tourney>RFLAN lol. I'm gonna have to keep it on this day sorry maybe on the saturday though. So either saturday or sunday (does anyone mind which one?)

Also yeah first prize is money and a trophy which is mic gets to sign one of your possesions. Btw mic can you bring bringer?

And also I'd prefer money :p

About crew battles I'm thinking about several ideas. Vlades is a great idea and people could choose their crews although that would hardly be fair as people are likely to go with their friends which are usually around their skill level and it would create one awesome crew and one bad crew.

I was thinking of something like 1st,3rd,5th,8th,10th VS 2nd,4th,6th,7th,9th to make it very fair and exciting. The two crews have a few minutes in between each match to discuss who they are sending in next. This way will be the best to watch as it has the top 10 players competing but if you do not make it in the top 10 you miss out which I do not want.

I will try to decide some crews.

Also today I bought another TV so I'm gonna be bringing 3(!!!!) TV's to all my tourneys from now on as well as my wii and brawl. So EVERYONE PLEASE BRING YOUR WII'S!!!!!

Also I don't mind if you set up like one TV for every 5 we get for another game. You can play it during the tourney as a break or if you get knocked out.

Also trav I will need to borrow your voice for crew battles.

And bob, do you by any chance have ezmo and xaxxs emails?

Richard7

Smash Ace
I'm really starting to think RFLAN>Brawl tourney. :laugh:

Getting real sick of Brawl...

*Waits 3 days* "Hey Samuel, up for some brawl?"

That will probably happen anyway.

Once I get my computer (very soon now :)) I will most probably be going to these RFLAN.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Well now there's another problem, my dad has planned a trip to the gold coast for these holidays, incidentally its over the RFLAN weekend and I've already said that I'd rather not go because my brother isn't going so I don't have anyone to do crazy **** with. >< So I'm trying to reason with my dad about it but I think everything is already organised. =/
Even if i don't go to the gold coast, I know brawl tourney>RFLAN but even so, spending 2 days of not sleeping pepped up on energy drinks with 20 of my school friends is the most fun. :p Although a day of brawl with my smash family is extreme as well so I don't know what to do. lol

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Last time for crews we just randomised it on the Wii and went from there, I think if we have Sam on one crew put Alister and Ric on the other and then just randomly split the rest of us up and if its a bit uneven switch things around, also my voice is all yours.

True Romance

Smash Ace
Jupz get some posters printed up for your tourney, I've arranged for Carillion to to actively promote any tournies I hassle them about. Plus my boy from Carillion has said if I let him know exact dates he can get us a disgustingly awesome venue for out retro game fest and our naitonal tourney. He also sold me final fantasy 1 for $20, Much LOVE!

So please lemme know dates you guys are thinking about and I'll give em a buzz and see what we can do.

Alzi

Smash Master
Imo crews should look like this:

Crew 1:
Sam
Proxy
Glenn
Bob
Travis
Jupz
Mic
Bacon Fingers
Jono

Crew2:
Richard
Kane
Trill
Alex
Bringer
Muzga
Marteh
Elton
Vlade

That looks even i think..

Jupz

Smash Master
How about 4 crews of 6. If get only 20 people we could have 4 crews of 5. That way we can have a mini tournament.

Crew 1
Kane
Proxy
Trillest
Muzga

Crew 2
Sam
Mic
Bringer
Bob

Crew 3
Jupz
Alzi
Bacon Fingers
Alex

Crew 4
Ric
Bob
Trav
Marteh

Something like that looks kinda fair according to previous results. Although Kane and proxy and trill might have to be split up sorry guys :(

2 crews would make it more climatic with everyone watching but 4 would also be cool...

Alzi

Smash Master
I like your idea of 4 only. You just said Bob twice though :p.

And yeah kane, proxy and trill have to be split up evenly within the 4 groups.

Top Bottom