• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Man, I'm beat. I'll try to get some shout outs up, but ill just throw a few comments before I waddle over to bed.

1. Friggin mines! All Peppy's fault >:c
2. Need to book the place when the 18+ lady's are doing netball instead of the under 16's
3. Stuck up the photos I took today, though they're admittedly a tad random
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=20382&id=1349418197&l=6858fa2471 If you're on facebook and on one of the pics, tag yourself
4. Sam and Ric, next time I won't throw my teammate off the staeg leaving me open >.<
5. Was great to catch up with everyone. Hopefully for one of the biweeklies we can just do a general game-day rather than a tournament, so lots of friendlies and other random games that are awesome
<object width="320" height="240" ><param name="allowfullscreen" value="true" /><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always" /><param name="movie" value="http://www.facebook.com/v/1232639780003" /><embed src="http://www.facebook.com/v/1232639780003" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="320" height="240"></embed></object>

EDIT:
Guys let me sort the gametrader stuff. I have a very good relationship with the Joondalup owner and the Carillion city owner.
The Carrion city owner said he was quite interested in sponcering/whatever something as long as he can take a look at the details well in advance.

ergoproxy

Smash Rookie
Awesome work today vlade with the host....u always pull off a great job. Man u need to get dissidia hey and i recommend it to everyone sooooo bloody good!!!!

Im all for as many tourneys as possible but would love to see some Perth majors but i know how hard it is to convince peeps from the east to come ova this side...pretty expensive.

As for next year S.Q.U.A.T i can facilitate to everyone's needs for accommodation cause i got a massssssive house back home but as for this year i wont be able to make it. Working in retail makes it nearly impossible to take leave during xmas holidays.

Alzi

Smash Master

Trill if you wear more then one rooster hat it will attract the other chicks i mean chickens... Also congrats on your placing. Even though you vsed a top 8 person once again in the first round.

I found the pic on google images kane. I just wrote in LOL metaknight hoping somthing funny would pop up so i could post the picture at the right time.

Shaya toon link > metaknight.

Wow mic just browsing through those photo's theres one of me when i still had my cast on my hand lol. Best picture you have i think is the one with Travis wearing the glasses that made me rofl. Oh my while typing this i went to the next page and saw one with Vlade he looks exactly like that guy on the board except in a younger version lmao. Good taste for photoshooting mic.

Nice video too of the dance revolution. You just missed the pictures of the netball girls! lol.

Proxy your a good person to talk to btw.

ergoproxy

Smash Rookie
awwww alzi and here i thought u wouldnt notice me lolz

Had heaps of fun playing friendlies but i guess its a bummer with the new rule "entry to tourney is rooster hat" and with ur loss to the jiggly puff..... not looking good for ur brawl career....

Alzi

Smash Master
hahahaha my brawl career is going alittle bumpy.

Is that picture of the little kid still there when you go to get your food lol. Lord Bowser did you end up getting that little bowser toy.

True Romance

Smash Ace
... Because Falco, Snake and Wario are all so horribly out matched by Metaknight... So much hate.

Well Mic I'm planning to go in this wednesday and chat to the Carillion owner see if he can help us out, as I'm contemplating buying a silly over priced limited edition final fantasy PS3 off him hopefully he'll be receptive to my nagging :p

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Hey Mic - tag gamertags to the people in your album so the foreigners know who is who.

A Perth major? I've asked multiple times - Organise one and East Coasters will attend, pretty simple really

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
How many east coasters?

I can't see many coming from QLD.
NSW coolkids go to anything :), and melb will probably only have like you, CAO.

100 in a perth tournament? That would be amazing.
If you actually forsee those numbers (pre-registrations/interest, without much influence by East Coast...) then you'll get more ECs coming purely because the pot will justify most great out of state players attendance.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
With the right adverisement and help from game stores (which have already expressed interest in helping with advertisement, pot etc) I'm almost certain we could get 100 locals alone. Like you said if we can get those numbers it shuld encourage out of state players to attend which could add another decent chunk of people.

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah we could get 100 people.

Also I'm gonna look into holding a tourney (hopefully at the captains club again, that room was sweet) on the 4th october. Side event will be crew battles because I have never been in one before and we haven't had one for awhile. marty can film it :p

Alzi

Smash Master
100 is a easy number to get even ask sam.

As for the rooster hats well here are a few pictures from America:

Perth Major tourney should be held next year just before Christmas or after it. swordsaint would come and then loose to sam. :]

Jupz

Smash Master
Well I say we start recruiting more people. If we can somehow manage 50 for one of our normal tournaments I'd say we could pull 100 for a national tourney.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Well obviously the pot would intice people to make the trip over but i find it fairly ironic that the eastern states require W.A to make the effort first before willing to make the trip here_

I understand flight costs are expensive (currently around $400+ return to QLD), but if we are making the effort to attend these tournaments then it would be nice to see the same happen from the eastern states_ Starting from SQUAT i will be pushing for constant W.A representation in future nationals_

Needless to say we will no doubt be aiming for the largest possible number of participants possible for a national regardless of anybodies comments about how many we 'require' before we start seeing people willing to make the journey_ Keep in mind that overall it will cost us more to travel to 2-3 of your tournaments per year compared to our 1, which i personally see as relatively unfair costs for people who are willing to make their scene represented_

Vlade

Social Outcast
Just got back from an orchestra audition and I'm pretty angry with myself :/ Just like my tournament performance lol. I made a couple of stupid errors because nerves got to me, and sight reading was quite difficult but I did okay in the end.

Anyway about the national tourney...

How about I make a thread? We need to gauge the interest for a major. I already have the venue, staff, and everything in my mind. Obviously, a 15 year old kid (16 next year) is NOT going to be able to run a major tournament, so I'm going to need a tonne of help.

My staff list:
Bob
Trav
Marty
Mic
Andre
Roman
Rob

I think those people will be very reliable help for whom I can count on to help me run this national tournament.

Who's in favour of me making a thread?

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Just got back from an orchestra audition and I'm pretty angry with myself :/ Just like my tournament performance lol. I made a couple of stupid errors because nerves got to me, and sight reading was quite difficult but I did okay in the end.

Anyway about the national tourney...

How about I make a thread? We need to gauge the interest for a major. I already have the venue, staff, and everything in my mind. Obviously, a 15 year old kid (16 next year) is NOT going to be able to run a major tournament, so I'm going to need a tonne of help.

My staff list:
Bob
Trav
Marty
Mic
Andre
Roman

I think those people will be very reliable help for whom I can count on to help me run this national tournament.

Who's in favour of me making a thread?
Could be an idea, considering how badly this thread goes off topic quite often,
*salutes*
Edit: Wait do we get snazzy shirts?

Btw does anyone have any songs by "Me first and the gimme gimme's", if so can you bring them next tournament.

Jupz

Smash Master
ooh can I help you with the tourney vlade!! :p

nah i wanna be able to verse interstaters in friendlies :p but ill bring my tv

anyway yeah make the thread

Alzi

Smash Master
I don't know if making a thread now would be good. If you have a good understanding of when you will host it then i would go make a thread.

Jupz is like the friendly guy who always likes to plays friendlies :p. I think next time i go i won't play any friendlies only do my tourney matches then do friendlies after them.

swordsaint

Smash Master
BSRK, i think you may be missing that this would be called "eastern invasion 3".

That's suggesting Easterners have visited perth before.

'Kay?

'Kay.

Anyway, I don't see what you're saying about expecting you guys to make the trip first. We won't spend $400 to travel to a monthly tournament. We were expecting you to spend $400 to rep your state at an international.

Of course this "perth acts first" idea you have going wouldn't exist if you actually did have a national tournament.

Which you dont.

So thats an unfair judgement on your part.

Alzi

Smash Master
If people cannot make it to the east it does not mean you guys don't come here because certain perth people didn't come there.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
It seems its WA vs the rest of Australia atm. Don't worry they hold the most surface area....Just

As for me, I will remain "anonymous" dun dun dunnnnn.

Either way i feel itd be easier to get people to perth if we go there first, due to making new friends and such :p And talk ourself up

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Lol, international tournament in Australia.

Brsk, East Coast is larger as a whole, and when a national happens somewhere they are willing to attend, people pay the costs. Yeah it's 1/3rd to 1/4th the price, but some are attending interstate tournaments like 5+ times a year.
What I'm kinda saying is, we're larger, come to us, we're qute and cuddly, we'll make you uber pro so you can beat toon links when you return and start making money to come visit us again =).

But this kind of attitude arose with S.A

East Coast is a very closely knit scene, and in the brawl department NSW and Victoria are very close, with several attendants from NSW going to Vic regularly, and some up to NSW (hopefully more often). People who travel, travel to and from QLD too.

Getting upset we're not willing to leave our already well-established states for things unknown to us (and the prospects aren't high: there's less of you, the costs, we haven't met you), well, yeah, someone has to step up first. The lack of a link between us (even ONE PERSON is enough, and mic's almost that person <3, but he is still very unknown personally to most people).
Someone always has to. And it's very easy for you to throw back "well you guys should come to us first", I understand. I just feel their is more to gain for Perth to see us, and then once that's set up, travel lines are probable to grow
Victoria and Perth meet up for one of like the first 'nationals' back in the melee days. amirite?

Alzi

Smash Master
You know what i really want to do at one of the tourneys? Dress up as captain falcon and not show myself the whole tourney so no one knows who it was :p.

Marteh you do have a point of making friends with them. I know a few already such as:

DJBrowny
Bjay
swordsaint
smoking_puppy

Maybe a few more.

Shaya toon links are really not that hard to beat. Certain characters can play calm and beat him. You just have to pretend the porjectiles are bullets and you dodge each one then space a move out correctly. Although you can't dodge sam's bullets so easily because he uses a machine gun where i only hold a pistol at this time.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Lol, international tournament in Australia.

Brsk, East Coast is larger as a whole, and when a national happens somewhere they are willing to attend, people pay the costs. Yeah it's 1/3rd to 1/4th the price, but some are attending interstate tournaments like 5+ times a year.
What I'm kinda saying is, we're larger, come to us, we're qute and cuddly, we'll make you uber pro so you can beat toon links when you return and start making money to come visit us again =).

But this kind of attitude arose with S.A

East Coast is a very closely knit scene, and in the brawl department NSW and Victoria are very close, with several attendants from NSW going to Vic regularly, and some up to NSW (hopefully more often). People who travel, travel to and from QLD too.

Getting upset we're not willing to leave our already well-established states for things unknown to us (and the prospects aren't high: there's less of you, the costs, we haven't met you), well, yeah, someone has to step up first. The lack of a link between us (even ONE PERSON is enough, and mic's almost that person <3, but he is still very unknown personally to most people).
Someone always has to. And it's very easy for you to throw back "well you guys should come to us first", I understand. I just feel their is more to gain for Perth to see us, and then once that's set up, travel lines are probable to grow
Victoria and Perth meet up for one of like the first 'nationals' back in the melee days. amirite?
I fully agree with Shaya here

We should be going there first, they have more people as a combined 'side of the country' than us and have had plenty of majors there.

Alzi

Smash Master
I will never be able to go over east for a tourney. Unless they hold one in Sydney while i am on holiday there.

Jupz

Smash Master
Doubt I'll be able to go to squat unless I make enough money between now and then :p Only possible if I win both singles and doubles for the next two tourneys :D

Jupz

Smash Master
Btw mic i need your autograph on my wii next tourney :p

and bringers too

then i can auction it over the mic fan club for thousands of dollars for money to go to squat

Top Bottom