• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Ugh, jsut realised that when I sent my laptop to be repaired I left my SD card with my textures and stuff on it inside the laptop ;_;

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
That sucks Mic too bad.

I'm going to be at the train station a good half hour before my train arrives, tossing up whether to wait at Stirling stn or Joondalup. If only I had Scribblenauts to pass the time.

ichigo601

Smash Apprentice
hey good news me and glenn can both come, with 2 full set ups :).....but we are very strained for time. We will either get there at bang on 10 or about 30 mins l8r. If were late is it cool if we still register 4 everything, including doubles, and we just take a loss in the first round of doubles and continue in loosers?

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Rawr downloads let me down and wont have Donkey Konga 3 soz guys.

Alex/Glenn give one of us a call about 10ish saying how late youll be and Ill try and push for it, if you dont have anyones numbers
0402905700 give me a call

Alzi

Smash Master
I'm leaving the house at like 8:30 ish.

Jono told me on msn he won't be there so i will come and watch doubles then once there is a free t.v i'll play friendlies with anyone. Sadly i have no hat either but the professor layton hat would be epic.

Jupz

Smash Master
so were do we go once were in there? i dont wanna be waiting around holding my tv for 10 mins waiting for vlade or bob :p

Vlade

Social Outcast
hey good news me and glenn can both come, with 2 full set ups :).....but we are very strained for time. We will either get there at bang on 10 or about 30 mins l8r. If were late is it cool if we still register 4 everything, including doubles, and we just take a loss in the first round of doubles and continue in loosers?
Hey man, so glad you guys can make it after all!

That should be fine with me, we'll probably end up starting doubles late (as usual) so I'll delay your match as much as possible, but eventually I'll have to give you a loss.

See you guys in 30 mins!

Jupz

Smash Master
:| I did so terrible today lol. Oh well we'll win next time vlade. I reckon if we won match 5 of winners finals we would have won the tourney.

sam - nice work on the win again, your toon link is too insane :D

kane - congrats on coming 2nd, our set was so intense lol, dunno why i went IC's the first round. and omg at the last kill lol. your always really fun to verse, hopefully we are matched up again next time.

alzi - ggs today, nice spike in the water lol

vlade - we didn't get to play in singles, but doubles was really fun. i gotta camp more next time.

ric - lol we still never got to play but yeah nice to meet you again

bob - friendlies were fun at the start. and doubles was fun :D ggs

trav - i didn't get to play you at all today :( we shoulda had some friendlies.

glenn - haha we played so many games, seriously your ice climbers are insane. you should keep practicing them.

alex - LOL at our friendly taking 8 minutes

marty - shame we didn't get to play more, GG though.

proxy - nice matches against your snake. your really good. cya again next time

trill - nice rob, hopefully we can play again next time

mic - omg mic i didnt get to talk to you today but i saw your sexy spike on richard in doubles

graeme - GGs in tourney

bringer - didnt get to meet you but hi

technodeath - your ganon is really good, but ganons just a crap character. GG's :)

thrashr - didnt get to play you but nice to meet you

Alzi

Smash Master
I am too tired to do shoutouts lol.

But congrats on kane for coming second and proxy for coming 3rd. I lost against a jigglypuff guys looks like no rooster hat for me :p.

I probally won't go next brawl tourney going to give it a rest forawhile then come back.

I noticed today was a weird day since some people i know where playing bad i know this because they usually place well and when i was vsing them in friendlies i was going good against them which wasn't ment to happen.

Ahh T vs C is cool when it comes out i am going to try and play it at a decent level.

Have to thank glenn for that epic finish that was making both of us think OMG WHO IS GOING TO DIE FIRST. Since we both where on the edge on norfair like the last platform to the left. I up smash with toon link and he down smashes with metaknight and we both go flying but i did first lol.

Jupz Mic had flat hair not spikey hair. The spikey hair person was Bacon Fingers i think.

LOL @ people playing with the dancing mats they were epic. You guys know that Hot revolution game? Well maybe we should of got some of the hot girls that where playing netball and coached them on how to play hot revolution then maybe things would of gotten even hotter!.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Worry not everyone. im gonna be coming to the next one, so all you good players can rest easy. Ill be there to boost your confidence next time;)

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Alzi- They were all jailbait, sadface
Okay now on to the usual yadda yadda, Marty is tired, very very tired, oh and might as well inform you I was feeling a bit sick today but I think people gathered that. Great tournament as usual was fun, just my bracket made me wtf..... SHOUT OUTS!

Allister- Eh have to start with our token *** :p, great hosting the tournament, and good work actually giving DDR a go, next time Ill have DKonga 3 for sure :p.

Bob- Was a good match with us 2, it was kinda weird that was the only tourney match I wasn't nervous in, hell I was nervous against Bacon but not you. The ending was really weird but least you have a new tactic ;)

Grayham (Did I spell it right?)- Thanks a bunch for the lift as usual, also had some great matches, etc

Trav- Thanks for bringing 64 despite the tourney never happened, always good fun having you there

Ric- Thanks for bringing in the music, I can now drink coffee like a pro, thinking of it we didnt have a match today but in a way it was a blessing

Sam- Stop being good at every game, like ****.

Jupz- Despite only have 1 match it was fun, I really hate DDD's chain grab though, but eh Ill conquer it

Glenn- Yeah didnt see much of you for once :p

Alex- Fun playing DDR with you, glad you could make it (same applies above)

Mic- Today...Was random, but bloody awesome, thanks for contributing to the idiocy

Alzi- Good to see you man, I think next time Im gonna give you a coffee and get some energy into you lol

Thrashr/Techno (I think thats it)- Awesome you could come down for this tourney, was fun versing you two in melee.

Team Boob Chunk made a great return, double Falcon in melee just owned everyone, can't beat the punch

The Lylat crew (Trav/Mic/Grayham)- Do A Barrel Roll to achieve a goal!

Team insomnia (Bob/Grayham)- Sleeping is cool <3

Alzi

Smash Master
Alzi- They were all jailbait, sadface

Alzi- Good to see you man, I think next time Im gonna give you a coffee and get some energy into you lol

Who was Jailbait?

Ahh coffee. Never actually tasted it but i know it calms you down.

I think next tourney should just be a retro fest. Everyone enjoyed them.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
You guys know that Hot revolution game? Well maybe we should of got some of the hot girls that where playing netball and coached them on how to play hot revolution then maybe things would of gotten even hotter!.

Settled, and Alzi me and Vlade, well mainly me atm are tryna get a retrofest going for the end of the year. My idea atm is to find a venue (central) make a business plan and go to gametraders and such for sponsorship, itd be nice to have events going where you can win small things like a mario plushie or whatever.

But thats my idea on it :p

Edit: Oh and Dancing Stage Hottest Party you mean :p

Vlade

Social Outcast
That was probably one of the funnest tournies I've hosted, despite a disappointing singles performance. Really liked how we had everyone staying until 6 today, playing some other games like DDR, Tatsunoko vs Capcom and SSB64 for a change. Heck, we even had a speed-run of Lylat LOL.

I'll put results up tomorrow probably, I have an english article to write which I put off.

Shoutouts:

Alzi - Yeah we only played a couple friendlies, but we're both disappointed with our lackluster performances today. But hey, think of it as this - bad days are good wake-up calls for next time. Although this IS my second time not placing what was expected of me. I dunno what I ought to do, gotta review my playstyle and adjust next time. Enough of me ranting :p

Vlade - More people need to hate you, and you need to lrn2opengatoradebottles

Bob - Great seeing you again, thanks for lugging a TV all the way from Rockingham on public transport. Really enjoyed playing those friendlies a lot of the day, hope you got as much out of those matches as I did.

Bringer - It was an honour to be beaten good by you in melee :p Really enjoyed that session, I hope to further my melee skills in the future. Sorry I couldn't get round to hosting a melee tournament, there just wasn't enough time. Hope to see you more, especially when I actually host a melee tournament.

Trav - TRAV!!!! Awesome to see you again, thanks for bringing the 64 and wii. Always a pleasure to have you at our tournaments, can't wait to see you again man.

Mic - Great to have you again. Thanks for donating the posters :p

Graham - Hehe I love all the south-of-the-river folks, the tournament is so much more alive with you guys.

Martyyyyy - Thanks for bringing DDR! Had a tonne of fun with that game. Sorry you had to verse Bob AND Graham, whom you verse every week lol. But you're a cool dude so you'd understand ;)

Jupz - We **** in doubles lol. Maybe next time we'll win

Richard - Disappointed as well, yeah? Ah well, maybe next time. I liked how you brought the phoenix wright music along XD

Samuel - I'm going to work on 3-stocking your snake EVERY time from now on lol. Maybe next tourney we'll see each other in grand finals again

Thrashr/Biotech - Thanks for coming all the way down from Geraldton guys! Hope you enjoyed the tourney, and I look forward to seeing you guys again.

Alex - Thanks a lot for bringing 2 TVs, our doubles matches were entertaining

Roman - Good **** for handing my *** to me, I needed that wake-up call. Shame we didn't have time for the ssb64 tourney in the end :/ But yeah, look forward to versing you next time, you made me realise I can't take every match too lightly like I have been.

Proxy - Thanks for showing me that PSP game, dysiddia was it called? I really want a PSPnow , I would've bought one if I won the tourney today >_> Before I passed on getting one because the only game I thought was Crisis Core, but if star ocean 1 and 2, dysidia and other good games are there, I'm so getting one. I don't think I've played against you yet, maybe sometime in the future.

Trill - Thanks for the melee friendlies :)

Robert :p - Thanks for coming along! Also thank you for telling me about the PSP too. It would be good to perhaps see you helping out when we host a major tournament, since you seem to know your stuff ;) Always good talking to you

One thing I have to say before I finish this post, like in every phoenix wright game....

OBJECTION!!!!

Alzi

Smash Master
I collect nintendo stuff. I will send you pics of my cabinet of stuff it includes stuff like that little bowser toy Bob brought they come in a set of capsule toys.

I don't think gametraders would sponsorship us. Unless we all be friendly to them. I find it hard to go there and just chat with the workers like some other people do it so easily as i see them do it. I remebr gametraders day opening at whitfords they had **** loads of plushies and toys now they have like nothing. They only bring in white gamecube controllers and somtimes good n64 games that are boxed. I'm going to ask them if they get order me in some statues once i get the money. First 4 figures statue of link.

End of year would be great. 30th of December?

Also i think i was sitting next to the 5th best Yoshi melee player in the world! and did not know it was bringer! lol.

Bob you know how you bring a t.v on transport do people look at you and think hmm should we call the police this guy might of stolen the t.v from somewhere :p.

Also thanks Marty and Trav for bringing t vs c and trav for bringing smash 64 they were fun to play.

At the retro fest maybe host a melee tourney Vlade? At the retro fest there should be no brawl only classic games. We can have like the person with the best time to go through super mario on the NES wins a mario plushie if Gametraders sponsor us.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Games we're gonna have at the retro fest:

Donkey Konga
DS games, even though it isn't retro (mario kart and pokemanz probably)
Warioware

Those are my nominations, even though they're not retro :p

Alzi

Smash Master

Single player games like Lylat people had alot of fun with. Mainly because they could pull out so many lol moments from it.

Retrofest would be exrtemly fun maybe have majoras mask running and have people complete it in that day :p.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
But you're a cool dude so you'd understand ;)
Vlade on MSN said:
«» †hë Gŗ€€n Gên: hope you dont take offense to this, which I know you wont coz you're so cool
but have you ever considered getting braces? :p
Oh Allister your such a suck up to get out of me being angry :p, scared ill step on you or something?
And I dont care about versing Bob and Grahem, was ultimate irony for me, I still have quite a way to go before I surpass my "senei's" as Bob once stated, but heck Im getting closer :p

Edit: Well for a retro fest I want other retro like Master Systems and such, which I have :p And yeah, gotta find the best games for it.

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah we need more MK's.

I used way more MK then DDD today, I should have stuck with DDD.

Can't wait for the next tourney in two weeks! Then I'll be hosting one the week after.

Alzi

Smash Master
Edit: Well for a retro fest I want other retro like Master Systems and such, which I have :p And yeah, gotta find the best games for it.
As long as the SNES is there. SNES is like the best console ever made. It just feels good playing the SNES if you know what i mean. It actually does feel like you are playing a game.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Sorry Jupz, I can't host one because I'm off to Japan. Unless you're talking about the one that Andre was thinking of hosting.

I've got so many games to play now:

Lufia II
Tales of Symphonia
Pokemon Soulsilver (still raging at the freezing, waiting for a good patch)
Scribblenauts
Buy a PSP lol, seriously want to play dissidia, star ocean games and crisis core

True Romance

Smash Ace
Awesome tourney as usual, I feel so tired now lol. Think looking at tvs for so long has done something bad to my eyes <.< Shout outs,

Vlade - Good **** on the hosting again man. Everything was awesome, and the new room was great. As always if you need any help with future tournies give me a buzz, I live real close! Good matches as well man, you make me a better player as win or lose I have to step up against you in a big way.

Jupz - Our set was awesome, I knew I had to pull out somethign big in that third game. My knowledge of the mirror is extremely bad :( so i'll have to get some more practise with that. Your knowledge of the game is huge, and I find I always learn something from playing you. GGs mate.

Ric - GGs man, we both played real sloppy but I still really liked playing you. Hopefully we can play again next tourney.

Nasch - Well done on the dubs result dude. Hate having to play yo uso early in singles :( PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE choose a main lol. You're so much better then your recent results show just bloody choose a main lol. Oh and move in with me Corey and Buff :p Maybe see you at RF.

Proxy - Dude! Well done on 3rd, you beast :p Our first set was huge but your suicide bombing inclination was pretty switched on for losers finals :p Hopefully we'll keep pushing each other to get better. GGs

Bob - Good chatting again man, didn't get to play but hopefully we can get some games next tourney.

Alzi - Man I still didn't get to play you!!! Though I'm kinda glad as I've decided I have no idea how to play against good TL's lol. Hopefully next tourney will be our chance. No rooster hate for you :p

Corpse - Man, no johns you straight up schooled me. You're clearly a step above the rest of us wa'ers lol. I did so much dumb **** in our set, but I felt it wasn't me playing particulary badly it was more you pressuring me into making bad decisions. Well done on another win.

Trill - Congrats on not coming last :p You finally showed a bit of what you can do this tourney. GW, no doubt top you'll go better again next time.

Trav - Our 64 tourney never got under way :( Sorry about not giving you a much of a fight in our little friendly lol, but hopefully we can get thigns kicked off next time.

If I forgot anyone sorry, but I had a good time as usual and am already lookign forward to the next one.

True Romance

Smash Ace
I collect nintendo stuff. I will send you pics of my cabinet of stuff it includes stuff like that little bowser toy Bob brought they come in a set of capsule toys.

I don't think gametraders would sponsorship us. Unless we all be friendly to them. I find it hard to go there and just chat with the workers like some other people do it so easily as i see them do it. I remebr gametraders day opening at whitfords they had **** loads of plushies and toys now they have like nothing. They only bring in white gamecube controllers and somtimes good n64 games that are boxed. I'm going to ask them if they get order me in some statues once i get the money. First 4 figures statue of link.

End of year would be great. 30th of December?

Also i think i was sitting next to the 5th best Yoshi melee player in the world! and did not know it was bringer! lol.

Bob you know how you bring a t.v on transport do people look at you and think hmm should we call the police this guy might of stolen the t.v from somewhere :p.

Also thanks Marty and Trav for bringing t vs c and trav for bringing smash 64 they were fun to play.

At the retro fest maybe host a melee tourney Vlade? At the retro fest there should be no brawl only classic games. We can have like the person with the best time to go through super mario on the NES wins a mario plushie if Gametraders sponsor us.
Guys let me sort the gametrader stuff. I have a very good relationship with the Joondalup owner and the Carillion city owner. Give me a chance to talk to them first before you scare em off. PM me some things you might actually want to get from them for the retro fest. I'm pretty cluely but I may forget some ****.

Top Bottom