• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

True Romance

Smash Ace
Hey, I played as Kane at this last tourney. Had a ridiculous amount of fun, even though I was stupidly nervous and felt I played well below my ability :( Still 5th for my first one, could be a lot worse. Vlade for a young dude did a GREAT job running the tourney and keeping things organised, as well as being a tough falco. I live up north man so if you ever need help getting stuff done for tournaments around joondalup in the future drop me a line. Was really well run and close to home, unfortunately I'm unlikely to ever attend the ones down port kenedy way.

Thanks to Gnasch for letting me know about the tourney, it's nice to play decent players for the first time who don't infact consist of just you and my house mate :p See you at RF bro.

Pete278

Smash Lord
If RFLAN is a hassle i am able to change to tourney date to a saturday if it means accomodating the majority of players.. Great to see both Lord Bowser an Jupz able to come along this time.. ;) jus confirm to me if you can come and who you will bring then i will smash you on the list..

Elton dont be lazy.. i liked Lord Bowsers suggestion for Rankings at the start of the 'Perth Tournament listings' thread.. If anyone else approves of this idea i will make it official..

IMPORTANT.. please let me know if saturday or sunday is a better schedule for you to be able to participate.. I need to know asap so i can start taking subscriptions and/ or reschedule..

BLAH..!
RFLAN is a two day lanfest, Saturday 10 am to Sunday 4pm. It'll be kinda hard to change the time to something that isn't in that time period. Plus, no one really sleeps, so Sunday afternoon, I'll jump right into bed. :p

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Ah spewin bout RFLAN.. Ill leave the tournament date as is then so dont forget to subscribe as early as possible..

Good question Alzi.. I doubt people will always be able to make it to every tournament bar a few people so the rankings shouldnt shift too much.. We will be rotating venues between mine and Vlades until we are able to find a perth based venue to hold bi-weeklies on.. And besides its just rankings so dont stress.. I would like some more feedback on the suggestion of having a rankings list added to the perth tournament thread before implementing it tho..

If anyone has any suggestions about a possible perth venue then please make it known to us, or even go check it out yourself and relay the info through smashboards.. Im pretty limited at the moment so i wont be able to organise too much.. I will start making up some posters for people to hand out to game stores etc.. These will just give some recognition to the perth smash scene and how to access it via smashboards.. Ill start on it this week and link it up for people to DL and distribute..

BLAH..!

Alzi

Smash Master
I'm not stressing about the rankings just want to find a good system to make it work good.
Do you think we can have Two types of rankings for Vlade's tourney and yours Bob? Or won't that work either way :p

I know a few venues that my dad holds to do party's with friends etc although all of them you need insurance and all this other stuff so it will be a hassle. They are too big aswell imo. If i ever find a good one i'll let you guys know.

Also Corps if you have msn add me same as you Romant1k seeing as you placed 5th like me hahahaa. Also were you the really tall one in jeans and a nice looking black shirt?

Bob i'm starting to enjoy these tourneys so i'll actually see if i'll be able to come to yours. ;)

Alzi

Smash Master
I added you on msn Sam. I can't brawl since guest are over and there kids will annoy me.

Oh Bob i asked mum if i can go she said no. I'll ask my dad after the guest leave see what he says if he says no my plan C is to ask jono and figure somthing out. I could just run out the house and catch a bus but when i return i'll be in hell. xD

Richard7

Smash Ace
Well now that you guys have been to a tournament, you know none of us are rapists. I don't think anyone was physcially touched except when people were trying to get to places and people were in the way and when Bob and Andre were mucking around.

Does that mean you guys will come to Bobs? I mean its not that far, its like an hour in total to get to his house. Most of that time is spent on the train, in which case you be with other gamers talking about games and stuff.

Alzi

Smash Master
My parents arn't letting me come to Bob's since it's too far away. They won't let me go that far just to play a game. :(

I'll ask jono see what he's doing maybe i can tell them i'm going with jono to the tourney.

Jupz

Smash Master
Sweet. I can probably bring a friend or two so thats at least about 12 people for bobs.

Lord Bowser - tonight sometime, do you have msn?

Jupz

Smash Master
So in the next tourney DDD's infinite and small step CG is allowed :)

If DDD suicides on the last stock with an opponent does it count as his win?

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Alan your parents are ****ing RETARTED. Havent you ever heard "You dont get anywhere without trying" I mean, an hour in the car is not that hard... I do it like everyday. And guys my msn is quagmireiscool@hotmail.com just incase anyone wants to chat about the boys and how cute we think they are. I am also doing 1v1 webcam action exclusive to MSN. You dont wana miss out!

g0tmilK?

Smash Rookie
Looks like everyone enjoyed themselves at Vlades, wish I could have made it, but camping with mates is just really hard to pass up, even for brawl. Anyway, I really hope I can meet and see all you guys at the next one! (that is if vlade still holds one in the joundallup area :))

Pete278

Smash Lord
Alan your parents are ****ing RETARTED. Havent you ever heard "You dont get anywhere without trying" I mean, an hour in the car is not that hard... I do it like everyday. And guys my msn is quagmireiscool@hotmail.com just incase anyone wants to chat about the boys and how cute we think they are. I am also doing 1v1 webcam action exclusive to MSN. You dont wana miss out!
I'm hoping to god that the retarted bit was a joke.

Alzi

Smash Master
It was. hahahhaa

I think vlade will hold another next month which isn't too far away when you think about it.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Nice turnout so far peeps.. if all goes to plan and sam,ric,mic, niv also come along we should have something like 18 people so far so keep em coming.. And sorry Jupz DDD rule applies, well at least we jus beat you up instead.. >_>

Alzi if its that lame for you then at vlades next tourney i can speak to your parents if i have to.. Nice note there about your gender too hahah.. everyone knows girls dont exist on the interwebs ;)

Remember to make note if you are able to bring a tv and/or wii.. i will have 2 setup for the day so 2 more couldnt hurt.. This tournament will be having doubles and possible a crew battle for funz afterwards..

BLAH..!

Alzi

Smash Master
I was actually going to tell my dad to come and talk to you, because you were a nice person. But since we had to go to church he was in a hurry.

If jono's dad can take us i'll be allowed to come along. Oh and i really want to come to this one since vlade might not be going which means i won't have to play his falco :D lol.

Jupz

Smash Master
lol, i might have a better chance too now since im absolutely terrible against falcos :p

Just played a few games against corpse on wifi they were really fun, good games :)

Also I can bring a TV and wii + brawl down to your tourney riot :p

Vlade

Social Outcast
Fabulous Falcos are even harder to beat ^_^

I'd be happy to play wifi with anyone as long as you don't spam. There's nothing worse than versing a pit, wolf or metaknight spamming b online, since there's nothing you can do about it on wifi.

But yeah, add me on msn and we can organise a match. Beware that I don't use falco online.

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Yer add me on MSN too Im always up for a match (If im not wowing). Guys i just started wow after like a year and me and my friend are pounding some *** is anyone here on Frostmourne? Neways I'll decide if im going to Bobs tourney closer to the date but odds are I will be going. Add me on msn its quagmireiscool@hotmail.com

Jupz

Smash Master
I only spam bananas with diddy :p

I like to use metaknight occasionally online but I don't spam Mach Tornado, is that alright?

Anyone up for some wifi tonight?

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
Nice turnout so far peeps.. if all goes to plan and sam,ric,mic, niv also come along we should have something like 18 people so far so keep em coming.. And sorry Jupz DDD rule applies, well at least we jus beat you up instead.. >_>

Alzi if its that lame for you then at vlades next tourney i can speak to your parents if i have to.. Nice note there about your gender too hahah.. everyone knows girls dont exist on the interwebs ;)

Remember to make note if you are able to bring a tv and/or wii.. i will have 2 setup for the day so 2 more couldnt hurt.. This tournament will be having doubles and possible a crew battle for funz afterwards..

BLAH..!
i'm not coming but:

PFFT. allow DDD rules... ban all stages where you can't chain grab peeps out the stage. good luck jupz. add my msn: d_syboy@hotmail.com

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
First of all don't double post.

Secondly, NO! Dedede's infinite and small step chaingarb should always be banned. If someone who hosts decides for some ridiculous reason that they aren't banned then the no physical violence rule should also be lifted so me and Bob can do a bit of tag team action an the Dedede main. :p

Top Bottom