• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
JUPZ !!!! L2read man, it is in the holls yooooo. Anyway you can probably see me at Vlades tourney cos its at a venue and my dad isnt so strict about them. Then hopefully he will realise you guys are good (I hope) and let me go to Bobs. WOOOOO

Vlade

Social Outcast
Objection! 1 (11/4/09)

Brawl Singles tournament. I haven't completely confirmed the booking, but I'll give you guys the details now. Please note that it's possible I may have to cancel (which is unlikely).

Entry

Prizes:

Non-venue entry fees go into the 'pot', which is awarded:

1st 70%
2nd 30%

Please keep in mind that we are getting the venue fee a lot cheaper if we don't have prizes. I don't like the idea of a tournament without a pot so please be discreet about discussing prizes and giving me your entry fees.

$5 venue fee, unless we get enough TV's. If we get at least 3 TV's then I can lower the venue fee to about $3.
If you bring a TV then you get free venue entry.

Brawl Singles: $5 (Maybe $7?)

Time Schedule

1pm: Freeplay and Brawl Singles Registration
2pm: Brawl Singles
4:30pm: Free play
6pm: End

I'm estimating this tourney to last about 2.5 hours with 20 entrants and 3 TV's.
Everyone should be out by 6.

Venue

Name: Joondalup Library
Address: 102 Boas Ave, Joondalup

I know that it's very close to the Joondalup train station, I'll give directions when I figure them out.

Rules: Brawl Singles

General Rules:

* 3 Stock
* 8 minute timer
* Items are set to "off" and "none"
* All sets (except winners, losers, and grand finals) will be best of 3s, the 3 finals games are best of 5, unless we are pressed for time in which case the loser's and winner's finals will only be a best of 3.
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
* No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players.
* In team matches, the ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion; whoever wins the RPS will choose first, then the opposing team will get their ports, and then the teammate of the RPS winner will get the last port.
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
* Metaknight's Infinite Cape is banned.
* DDD's standing infinite and small-step chaingrab are banned. His wall infinite is not banned, however both players have to agree playing on a stage with [D] next to its name which are generally notorius for wall infinites.
* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. Same rules apply for ganon's sideb.
*If the game ends in a swallowcide by Kirby or DDD, that will count as a win for the player that initiated the move.
* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure (I'll explain how this works at the tournament if you don't know already)
3. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for counterpicks of the set
4. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match

Stage List:

Starter:

Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter:

Brinstar
Castle Siege [D]
Corneria [D]
Delfino
Frigate Orpheon
Green Greens [D]
Jungle Japes
Lylat Cruise
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Luigi's Mansion

Banned:

All other stages, including custom stages.

Please not that any stage with [D] next to its name means that it is banned if either player is using DDD. Unless both players agree, you cannot play a match with DDD on these stages.

Additional Rules

* Port slob picks: On a player's counterpick, that player may opt to redo the port selection process with that player or team picking their port first.
* Resolving Ties: Any games ending in time running out should always be decided by stock, and then percents. If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock overttime. Bowser's suicide klaw is exempt from this rule.
* Wiimotes and Classic Controller users should know to take the batteries out of their controllers after finishing a set; not only will this save battery life, but it prevents accidental intereference and delay for tournament matches.
* The Mages DQ rule: After a match has been called, if a player is two minutes late he will receive a warning. At 4 minutes late, he will be given a loss for the first game of the set. After six minutes, he will be given a loss of the entire set.
* No physical harassment (including tickling)
* No Drugs or alcohol at the venue. I strongly recommend bringing a water bottle/drink container to quench your thirst at the tournament (water). You may bring your own food because I am unable to supply any - it's possible there may be fast food outlets near the venue.
* Please keep the mess to a minimum, and respect all the equipment.

Contacting Me

I am not of age to drive yet, so I cannot give lifts. But if you need to ask me anything, feel free to call me on my mobile 0409378905 or send us a message on msn o0vlade0o@hotmail.com

People Attending

This will be a list of the people that said they can come. If possible, PLEASE BRING WIIS AND TV'S.

Vlade [1 TV, recording equipment]
Ravener
Alzi
EADP
Mic [1 Wii] (Not fully confirmed)
xDrkAssassinx
Rawt [Recording equipment, possibly 1 Wii]
WesternForce {Signed up on MyWii.com.au}
Lord Bowser
NOOB!
Muzga
Nasch (not fully confirmed)
Keenan
Jono [1 Wii]
Aiden
Luke
Ali
Sami
E-man
Corpsecreate
Richard7

Vlade

Social Outcast
I strongly recommend you read the whole thing, since things have been changed a bit.

Also, don't let this distract you from bob's next tournament, which is sooner than mine.

g0tmilK?

Smash Rookie
Wow a tourney at Joundallup? I may actually be able to go to that! I'll check closer to the date if I'm available to go or not.

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Yer so count me and aaron in.
So should i just give u the money for the tourny the day before or the soccer training we have on before the tournament?
And imo we should keep the single costs at $5.

Edit: Does anyone else in perth main pikachu?

Vlade

Social Outcast
Wow a tourney at Joundallup? I may actually be able to go to that! I'll check closer to the date if I'm available to go or not.
Great to see new people in the scene!

Hope you can make it.

@ Ravener: I'm only accepting cash at the tournament.

Also, please say if you can bring a TV, wii or both. That would be greatly appreciated.

Furthermore, I'd like to know the preference for the brawl singles entry fee - $5 or $7?

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully the same amount of people will be able to come to Riot_Fire's tourney's on sundays since I can't go to Vlade's on saturdays :(

BTW, nice tourney name Vlade, ily Phoenix Wright

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Great to see new people in the scene!

Hope you can make it.

@ Ravener: I'm only accepting cash at the tournament.

Also, please say if you can bring a TV, wii or both. That would be greatly appreciated.

Furthermore, I'd like to know the preference for the brawl singles entry fee - $5 or $7?
Yer ok i understand.
Yer so my preference for brawl singles are $5.
And Vlade will u be catching the train from warwick to the tourny?

Alzi

Smash Master
Wow some new faces are coming in which is nice.

Riot_fires i can't come to your tourney this sunday since you know why >_> lol.

If singles are $7 vlade do we still give $5 entry to the library?

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Dont forget my tournament im hosting on the 29th is stil active.. Feel free to pm me for any info..

Vlade sign me up also ill try to bring a wii and some recording gear unless other people closer can supply the wii's which will free me some space.. Only issue is tv sizes.. in all honesty i have trouble viewing really small screens because a) my work has ****ed up my sight and hearing and b) i play Olimar which really doesn't help problem a.. Anyways good to see new faces and hope to see you all at both tournaments if possible..

BLAH..!

Vlade

Social Outcast
I know some people like richard would prefer the tourney to be free lol.

Anyway if the brawl singles entry fee is $7 the venue fee will still be $5.

If we can get at least 3 TV's then I can lower the entry fee to $3 (like I said in the official post).

And we also need wiis too. Don't forget if you bring a TV you get free entry fee and everyone's gratitude :)

I'll add everyone to the list that have said they are pretty certain they can attend.

Thanks to Samuel, Richard and Andre for making me play phoenix wright, loving it, and therefore making a reference of it in the name of this tournament! :D

Vlade

Social Outcast
Feel free to pop in on the 11th April with a few TV's Vyse ;)

Gratz on Modship btw.

But yeah, PLEASE BRING TV's if possible. I cannot stress how important this is. It's gonna be annoying running a tourney with one or two TV's. If we can get a minimum of 3 TV's then we're set.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
why's everyone going cheap here? (lol)
make it like 10 dollars per person. so the winners get more money. ( :
I don't mind though

hey Vlade.
Add NOOB! (real name: Brandon Liem) to the attendence list. he is going to come with me.

another friend may be coming too. I'll get more details on that other friend and post here.

Alzi

Smash Master
One word: Sam.
LOL.

I hop to learn some new toon link things from him my toon link plays really diffrent from his. He plays it calm like he has already won the match and knows what happening.

I wouldn't mind if it was $10 either but since we are paying an extra $5 just to enter the library it is :/. Then that will be $15 and then i coudn't afford doubles lol.

One person i know from a diffrent forum might come he doesn't really but i'm telling him to come.

Oh and i ment the other sunday not this sunday for riot_fires tourney.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
****. Looks like I'm gonna have to free up my schedule for that Saturday.
It looks like if I can keep up my grades at school, I can go to both Riot_Fire's and Vlade's tourney. :D
Btw, I've invited a couple of friends to come. They might be coming to Riot's but definitely to Vlade's.

Also, do you think we could hold a small SSBM tourney as well if we have time for it?

Alzi

Smash Master
Ghnaschnakoff try to come since your diddy looks awsome to vs against. xD

Anyway if they did hold melee that might add up for the venue aswell which would be nice. But i don't think i'll be entering melee i'm to noob at it.

Also I'll ask vlade if i can sell my two linbeck figures and some mario kart ds figures at the tourney just pm if your intrested in them.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
LOL.

I wouldn't mind if it was $10 either but since we are paying an extra $5 just to enter the library it is :/. Then that will be $15 and then i coudn't afford doubles lol.

One person i know from a diffrent forum might come he doesn't really but i'm telling him to come.

Oh and i ment the other sunday not this sunday for riot_fires tourney.

There is doubles?

If so. Alzi want to team up? We will be immortal.http://www.smashboards.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

Jupz

Smash Master
I really want to come but I got basketball. glad to see more people are joining the scene :D Who is going to riots tourney next week?

Alzi

Smash Master
Wait i don't think theres going to be doubles at Vlade's tourney if there is i'll go with jono since we already know some combo's we do.

Oh smash 64 sounds nice i have it but wont be able to bring it :p

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
For anyone who didnt know my tournament is on the 29th March.. as the perth thread title indicates.. All details are a few pages back for details ill put a repost up soon as i dont have time atm.. Also id be interested in doing some more 2v2s at vlades tourney if muzga wants to team up with my marth... ;)

Just a note that at my tourney we will also be holding crew battles for anyone interested and if we have enough time there is always room for MM's and other games to play friendlies against..

I noticed someone posting about an 'eastern invasion 3'.. How many people would be interested in participating in this kind of event from the eastern states and if any info can be given on previous tournaments such as this it would be greatly appreciated.. This idea sounds great and id be more than eager to organise this with Vlade to get some interstate battles happening..

BLAH..!

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
PK BRAWL 29th March

PK BRAWL 29th March

UNITE 2 FIGHT
@ PKBRAWL!!

- SUNDAY 29th MARCH
-18 Morfontaine Parade, PORT KENNEDY
- 0458 125 4849

If possible, please bring your Wii + Brawl. This will ensure we have enough time for all the events. Anyone wishing to grab a copy of their recorded matches, please bring along any form of usb, external HD, laptop or blank cd/dvd.

Entrance:
$5 to enter in to each tournament (Brawl singles), $10 for teams ($5 each)! If you don’t want to enter you are still welcome to come down and watch/play some non tournament matches.

FOR SIGNUPS PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH TOURNAMENTS YOU WILL BE ENTERING, NOT JUST IF YOU CAN ATTEND.

Signup:
In order to register, please contact me (Bob) on 0422 461 561 or let me know in this forum/via PM, once I have received confirmation of your entry I will add you to the list. Please try to let me know as soon as possible, it can be quite difficult to organize brackets with odd numbers – especially when I’m unsure of the final amount of people turning up.

Start time:
12 noon – it is recommended that you arrive at least half an hour early though, so we are able to begin on schedule, I will be there from 9:00 am setting up. if anyone wants to come and help, come early to bring recording gear or play a few friendlies before the tourny starts, its your call. all help is appreciated!

There is a train service running to WARNBRO TRAIN STATION for anyone who is in close proximity to one and unable to drive. We will be having pickups from the train station, so please let me know if you are arriving by train and your approximate arrival time. The train takes about 40 minutes max from perth to arrive at Warnbro.

All prizes:
80/20 1st + 2nd place

Brawl Singles Rules:
Each match will be 3 stock 8 minute time limit. Items are off.

Each set will be decided through a best of 3 series of games with the Advanced Slobs counter-picking system. The format of this system is as follows:

For the first game of the set, both players announce their character that they will be using without the other player knowing (optional).
The map is decided in one of two ways, if both players are able to agree on a neutral map then that one will be played, if the players are unable to agree on a map then it shall be decided through the game’s random function, which only contains maps on the neutral list.

For the second and third game, the format is a bit different. The loser of the previous game first picks the map that will be played, this can be from the neutral or counter-pick list. Once the map has been selected the winner of the previous game chooses their character, the loser – who has chosen the map – chooses their character last.

The Neutral and Counter-pick stage list is as follows:

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpick Stages:
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Luigis Mansion
Great Sea
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Jungle Japes
Battleship Halberd
Rainbow Ride
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet(D)
Pictochat
Green Greens
Delfino Plaza (D)
Mario Circuit (D)
Onett (D)
Green Greens (D)
Green Hill Zone (D)
Bridge of Eldin (D)
Corneria (D)
Hanenbow (N)
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld

BANNED
All other stages

*(D) signifies the stage is not selectable if someone is using Dedede, unless both players agree.
*(N) signifies the stage is awesome and can be counterpicked by anyone ^_^

*In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

*No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players

*No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

Brawl Doubles Rules:
Each match will be 3 stock 8 minute time limit.

Items are off.

Team attack is on.

Life Stealing is allowed.

All stalling - including the MK infinite cape glitch - is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. (citation from the SBR recommended rule list)

Controller Port Placement:
Controller ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion, if a debate arises over who takes what port, it shall be settled by rock paper scissors.

Each set will be decided through a best of 3 series of games with the Advanced Slobs counter-picking system. The format of this system is as follows:

For the first game of the set, both teams announce their characters that they will be using – this can be done without the other team knowing (optional).
The map is decided in one of two ways, if both teams are able to agree on a starter map then that one will be played, if the players are unable to agree on a map then it shall be decided through the game’s random function, which only contains maps on the starter list.

For the second and third game, the format is a bit different. The loser of the previous game first picks the map that will be played, this can be from the starter or counter-pick list. Once the map has been selected the winner of the previous game chooses their character, the loser – who has chosen the map – chooses their character last.

The Starter and Counter-pick stage list is as follows:

Starter Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Delfino Plaza

Counterpick Stages
Rainbow Ride
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Luigis Mansion
Great Sea
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Jungle Japes
Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Mario Circuit
Onett
Green Greens
Green Hill Zone
Bridge of Eldin
Corneria
Hanenbow
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld

BANNED
All other stages

FOR SIGNUPS PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH TOURNAMENTS YOU WILL BE ENTERING, NOT JUST IF YOU CAN ATTEND. DO NOT BOTHER FOR SIGNUPS REGARDING MELEE AS THAT WILL BE A FRIENDLY TOURNAMENT.

Top Bottom