• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Vlade

Social Outcast
Eventually I probably won't be free on sundays either, so it's likely that I'll end up organising my own tournaments on saturdays at the Joondalup library if anyone's interested.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Hey peeps.. It all depends on which days are best suited for the majority of people.. I understand the distance is somewhat of an issue, but if it means ongoing tournaments and continued scene building, im more than willing to hold them..

Please note though that this is why i announce the next tourney about a month in advance.. So people can let me know which days are better suited to them and i can adjust them accordingly.. So please feel free to let me know if sunday or saturday is better suited to you and also who can attened which days.. This will help me to compile a list and then organise accordingly, or change days if necessary..

The moral of this story is POST IF YOU CAN COME AND ON WHICH DAYS, cause we all know no beer, no tv make homer go crazy.. Just think about it..

Good to see you back Cal i know we been missing you so welcome back.. ^_-

Nash its good to see you bring along more people who are interested in brawl.. Great to have you on the scene and glad you guys are enjoying our tourneys.. So post it up peeps..! and someone find out what happened to Alex and Glenn..! and if there dead shotgun their wallets.. >_>

BLAH..!

Muzga

Smash Ace
Dammit, you beat me to it!:p
So yeah, i can make saturday or sunday for the next tournament.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
good news.. By the way is someone able to give me the details of a program that can be installed on the wii that skips the freeloader banning updates or possibly installs only the essential updates.. basically any programs that would be usefull for wii and how to install or use them.. /cheers

BLAH..!

Vlade

Social Outcast
I think I'd prefer Saturday now, and for a good reason. (inb4 niv saying his golf is more important lol)

I'm still encoding, I've been very busy lately. I could get the Grand Finals up tonight though. Apologies for the delay.

PLEASE make it Saturday lol. There's still a possibility I'm available on the 29th, but I'm not sure. I'd probably be a bit late on Saturday as well :/

Screw soccer.

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Yer me too i want be able to make it on sundays so:(
Hey and even on saturday ill be late.
Anyway Vlade do we have a soccer match on 29th?

Jupz

Smash Master
I can't make it on saturdays. But vlade is more important then me so just change it :p

I just ask that you hold one on the school holidays when everyone can come.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Oooohhh Saturday for me is probably the worst, It's hard to explain but It's filled every week. Since I'm a lazy *** and don't do any sports anymore Sunday's would be the best.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Who would be interested in monthly tournaments at Joondalup Library on Saturday afternoons?

This way no-one will be missing out, you can go to bob's, mine or both :)

I could also organise them on weekdays during the holidays when I'm in Perth.

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Who would be interested in monthly tournaments at Joondalup Library on Saturday afternoons?

This way no-one will be missing out, you can go to bob's, mine or both :)

I could also organise them on weekdays during the holidays when I'm in Perth.
Yer i'd be interested.

Vlade

Social Outcast
That's cool, you'd be one of the people that only goes to bob's.

Of course I don't plan for my tournaments to be the same week as bob's for people with busy weekends, and one tourney per week is enough IMO.

Jupz

Smash Master
What if I can get the program for my basketball so I can find out when I have a bye months in advance and we can organise it for then? if its not too hard.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Jupz that is fine.. id appreciate any info that people can give to allow us to work around getting the majority of players to tournaments.. I know Muzga did that for me when i worked away up north so i have no qualms doing the same favour for others..

Stil waiting on info on Wii programs that could be usefull.. Ive heard homebrew being floated about.. I enjoy modding etc and would love to learn more about anything program wise that can be done so give me a shout..

BLAH..!

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
good news.. By the way is someone able to give me the details of a program that can be installed on the wii that skips the freeloader banning updates or possibly installs only the essential updates.. basically any programs that would be usefull for wii and how to install or use them.. /cheers

BLAH..!
Not exactly sure what your after here Bob but chances are Homebrew can do it. I have everything needed to install homebrew if you want it the next time we meet up.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Jupz that is fine.. id appreciate any info that people can give to allow us to work around getting the majority of players to tournaments.. I know Muzga did that for me when i worked away up north so i have no qualms doing the same favour for others..

Stil waiting on info on Wii programs that could be usefull.. Ive heard homebrew being floated about.. I enjoy modding etc and would love to learn more about anything program wise that can be done so give me a shout..

BLAH..!
Actually I only installed Homebrew on my Wii like Wednesday, main program I recommend is the Wiibrew browser which lets you download programs straight from the net without going on a computer.

As for the tournament, Sunday is slim, but Saturday is definantly out of the question for me, being my 18th and all, still majority wins as we all know.

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Also Vlade since i can't make the tournaments on sunday due to soccer, I'll try to help you out in organising the tournaments at the joondalup librarys.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Not exactly sure what your after here Bob but chances are Homebrew can do it. I have everything needed to install homebrew if you want it the next time we meet up.
Yeah that would be great thanks Sam.. Just wondering what homebrew does..? having the wii capable of playing dvds and cds would be swell.. being able to play burnt games or downloaded ones a mic does would also be a bonus.. Not too sure what homebrew is capable of so i guess you can explain this more to me when i see you next.. Basically i just want anything that is going to be usefull to making my wii more..

Also just wondering if using homebrew means i wont need to chip my wii or if chipping it with wiikey2 is a better option..

BLAH..!

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Yeah that would be great thanks Sam.. Just wondering what homebrew does..? having the wii capable of playing dvds and cds would be swell.. being able to play burnt games or downloaded ones a mic does would also be a bonus.. Not too sure what homebrew is capable of so i guess you can explain this more to me when i see you next.. Basically i just want anything that is going to be usefull to making my wii more..

Also just wondering if using homebrew means i wont need to chip my wii or if chipping it with wiikey2 is a better option..

BLAH..!

Just stuck with homebrew, theres nothing homebrew cant do that wiikey or a modchip can. Plus I see it as the most safer option as it doesnt involve physical additions to your wii

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
being able to play burnt games or downloaded ones a mic does would also be a bonus..

BLAH..!
Yer there is a software which allows burnt games to be played via homebrew.
And no homebrew since its a software is much better then a wiikey2 which envolves hardware modification, so the homebrew is a much better option.

So Vlade does this mean the tourny would be on the 11th of April. Coz if it was that'd be great coz its on the school holidays.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Stop complaining you teen vamps.. we all know sunlight at 10pm is completely natural.. Also i work till late so gtfo my daylight savings..

BLAH..!

ps- thanks for info homebrew it is..

Daylight savings = Suckage
"Oh whats this, majoirty of the population don't want it, oh well lets just add a "trial" to see how they like it"

Muzga

Smash Ace
Stop complaining you teen vamps.. we all know sunlight at 10pm is completely natural.. Also i work till late so gtfo my daylight savings..

BLAH..!

ps- thanks for info homebrew it is..
Gtfo my cover of darkness, sunlight doesnt have a practical use.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
hehe so easy to stir.. i used to hate it until i worked at home and dont get home till around 5ish.. gives me time to still go to the beach, walk my dogs go out in the sun.. either way it doesnt bother and personally i prefer darkness.. the sun is so BRIGHT dammit..! from a workers perspective if someone such as parents who have no life other than watering plants, watching tvs, going on bike rides and NOT being addicted to video games in the surreal paranoia of darkness, its good.. for gamers and sexual night prowlers, its bad.. anyways.. less daylight savings more game talk and slandering..!

I hate you muzga you smell like fish..

JUST IN..! thanks for the homebrew advice cant wait to set it up and try it out.. Can i get a heads up of how many people are actually comin to the tourney on the 29th..? ive counted like 7 people actually comfirming they would be participating..? Would really like to have 16 people this time round cause i knows it possible and bigger numbers mean more battles, more learning and more epicness.. especially when crew battles are involved.. Tsk Tsk..

BLAH..!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
hehe so easy to stir.. i used to hate it until i worked at home and dont get home till around 5ish.. gives me time to still go to the beach, walk my dogs go out in the sun.. either way it doesnt bother and personally i prefer darkness.. the sun is so BRIGHT dammit..! from a workers perspective if someone such as parents who have no life other than watering plants, watching tvs, going on bike rides and NOT being addicted to video games in the surreal paranoia of darkness, its good..
Not really. By the time it's actually cooled down enough to go out for walks and stuff it's already past the kids bedtime. And as a Teacher in training it's just great to see kids walking home in 2pm heat at 3, which also sucks for afternoon and afterschool sports. :/ Regardless of it's good and bad points, Marteh's got my major bugbear down. We voted we didn't want it. One of the polticians is in hot water, hey lets bring up daylight savings again! That'll distract em! Hmm, reason for the revote...uh..."The wording of the question was too confusing"

Friggin *******.

Fun fact #1 Daylight savings was brought in during wartime so less lights were used so houses wouldn't become lit targets

Fun fact #2 One of the big arguments was to stay in tune with the eastern states, despite most of the businesses trading with Hong Kong, china and Japan, all closer to our timezone than the Eastern States. Oh, and it also makes things harder for all international business.

EDIT: I think I should be able to make it

Jupz

Smash Master
wtf is wrong with daylight savings. unless you wake up at 5:00 to do gardening or go to bed before 9 theres no harm. everyone over 18 better vote for it <_<

Top Bottom