• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Hmmm i probably have a 50% chance of coming, so don't expect for me to show up.
I think i still need to improve more to enter a tourny, but if smashkilla goes i'll be going for sure.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys.. Been a bit absent but good to see everyone participating.. Just a reminder that the tournament is THIS SUNDAY 1st March so dont forget or schedule plans over it by accident..!

New fighter with viewtiful joe sounds pro, disturbed lost 'it' ages ago when they were 'good' but thats jus my opinion >_< and lylat stage stays neutral atm.. I see it as pretty neutral and stage striking is for people who cant handle situations where they have a 'disadvantage' so if you have any problems with a stage bring it up with who you are versing and usually everyone comes to an agreement.. The perth scene isnt full of enough egotistical ****ers to introduce stage striking yet and personally i prefer people to get along and play fair.. I mean comon Frigate Orphean is a counterpick and i play Olimar..! yes im gettin used to it slowly.. :p

Anyways once the SBR come up with some official stage listings ill use them to keep in line with the standard gameplay rules.. Umm tbh i have no backup plan for state qualifiers as i have no free time or money to organise anything atm sorry guys.. Keep hassling gametraders like Mic said they are usually pretty good but just need the occasional reminder or kick in the pants to get em started.. Everyone and anyone with ideas and suggestions feel free to throw em out there or hell, even just go do it.. I support anyone willing to take the initiative to organise and will help them in any way possible.. Anyways gotta go eat.. hope to see you all on sunday.. remember to bring friends..! anyone welcome..!

BLAH..!

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
I might be able there if I can convince my parents to take me but it is like nearly an hour drive but me and my friends were planning on having an SF4 party on sunday so unlikely but hopefully the next one I'll be able to be there.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Oh before I forget:

Bob, what's your contact number for this sunday? It's not the mobile anymore, right?

EDIT: @ above poster - the more the merrier! We want as many people as possible.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Sweet, I convinced my parent sot take me! So put me down to enter the tourney :) I'll be bringing 1 or 2 friends with me im not sure if they'll go in the tourney as well.

EDIT: I've convinced one of my friends to join the tourney as well so but he doesnt have an account so yeah

lol Vlade, saying "above poster" cause you can't spell my name. :p

Btw, is it ok if I use a controller that has a turbo on it? It's the only GC controller I could find nearby

Vlade

Social Outcast
Sweet, I convinced my parent sot take me! So put me down to enter the tourney :) I'll be bringing 1 or 2 friends with me im not sure if they'll go in the tourney as well.

EDIT: I've convinced one of my friends to join the tourney as well so but he doesnt have an account so yeah

lol Vlade, saying "above poster" cause you can't spell my name. :p

Btw, is it ok if I use a controller that has a turbo on it? It's the only GC controller I could find nearby
It's awesome that you can enter!

Is it possible to abbreviate your name to make it more spellable? :p

Alzi

Smash Master
I'll try get jono to come to this so i have a doubles partner as well and it will add up more numbers.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
ah yeah my mobile number is 0458125849..

Feel free to contact me for abuse, sexual favours and smutty 'shane-warnesque' text messages.. oh wait wrong forum.. >_> Heh, just let me know if your catching a train and around what time youll be here.. see you all sunday..! except you mic :(

BLAH..!

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Hey sorry guys i won't be able to attend this one :(.
But I'll definetly attend the next one :).
Will there be any vids from on this coming up tourney?

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
You guys havent told me whether or not I can use a controller that has a turbo button on it?
I know it says in the tourney details that controllers with programmable buttons aren't allowed but do those count?

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Shaya is right.. You can use your controller but un-turboed.. Alternatively im sure people will bring along spare controllers, i myself have a few..

Vlade, that is my current mobile number dunno if its the same as the last one i gave you im too lazy to check..

BLAH..!

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Ok so yet another one of my friends is willing to join the tourney.
All up it's me and two of my friends. More money to be won for everyone. lol

Alzi

Smash Master
I'm trying but it's official that i can't go. When i told them about Muzga's tourney before they said yes and asked me where it was i said marangaroo my dad said it's close so you can go but then it got canceled.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Wait does Bob have internet access? If not then I'll have to find a save for Tatsunoko vs Capcom and hopfully copy it over myself.

Like I said before, matches will be recorded, courtesy of me ;)

Looking forward to sunday guys :)

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
So here I am 5am in the morning almost sleepless with an awful stomach virus..All Ive been doing is drinking orange juice.. Doubt Ill make it today Ill try but who knows

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Ok so yet another one of my friends has decided to come to the tourney, hopefully I'm not too late to sign them up.
Anyway, looking forward to meeting you guys.

Alzi

Smash Master
I can't wait to see the results!. My guess is this.

1st- sam
2nd- richard
3rd- Vlade
4th- Niv
5th- riot fires

Don't know the others.. :p I can't wait for the vids too.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Thanks for hosting bob. I was really happy with my performance today.

Results (for Shaya):

1st - Corpsecreate (Toon Link)
2nd - Vlade (Falco)
3rd - Richard7 (Wario)
4th - Nasch (Diddy)
5th - Riot_Fires AKA Rawt (Olimar)
5th - P278 (G&W)
7th - Niven (ROB)
7th - Pikm5 (Olimar)

Number of entrants.... 8 :p Entry fee was $5

I'll start encoding and uploading the videos when I have some free time on my hands, can't guarantee for all of them to be done within a week though.

Crew battles were cool, even though they were pretty unprofessional since no-one really knew what they were doing except for niv :p

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Yes!! 4th in my first tourney!!! I'm proud of myself
Need to work on my Wario and Falco match ups it seems though

The crew battles were hectic as well as the teams lol

Top Bottom