• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Well to be honest Ive never tested this but in the *** version Sonics Nair will hit twice if you hit with the initial frame of it. Which adds another 4% onto the dmg I believe.
Huh. I'll ceck around, but I didn't think there were any gameplay changes, what with wifi and all.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol mic, whatever you come up with, make sure you actually get it right this time please.

also techno dont you know how the game works? clearly a buff like that would put him in top 3.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Okay, so here is my proposition that hopefully everyone will agree with:

The magic number of set-ups is 15... By the time EI3 is officially announced (i.e. when we've sorted out all the admin stuff) we'll see how many legit (as in disc only) set-ups we can get first, and if we can't make that number we'll include the HDD run versions for the tournament as well... HDD Wiis should take first precedence for friendly set-ups, though, if we do have an excess amount of set-ups...

Regarding SD cards, I feel that both sides have put across all their major arguments... There are only two options though: allow (i.e. allow players to remove them as desired on the day) or disallow them to be in the tournament Wiis at all (remove them for tournament play)... At the next meeting/tournament/fest (whichever is going to represent the community best :D) we'll have a vote to decide it...

Will we be looking at supplying televisions and setups for the arcade fighter community also, or will they have the task of bringing their own_?
As far as was discussed, each community will endeavour to be self-sufficient, however if turnout blows way out of proportion for one of the games then the main TOs will make the decision whether or not to convert some of the friendly stations to tournament stations... This should only be a possible issue during the first day...

Also, keep in mind that the SSF4 tournaments do not use pools, and their 32 man brackets only go for 4 hours, so if they have more people showing up than expected they shouldn't need extra set-ups, as they'll just go for extra time (they have at least 2 whole days to get SSF4 singles and teams done, which Andrew tells us he could easily do in one day, leaving the other day free for novelties or something...) Basically, we each run our own tournaments, but there will be some communication between TOs if things aren't going to plan :D

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The entire backroom just basically gave me a "wtf mic u noob" that I even bothered to ask them to confirm that there's no differences. There aren't.

MTGod

Smash Champion
SSF4 should take a whole day if Andre wants to run singles and teams, definitely... It's up to him if he wants to split them over the two days or not... As for the other arcade fighters, I imagine the SSF4 community would be wanting to enter those events as well, so I can see other fighting games being integrated with SSF4 schedules if they are brought in...

We really haven't taken dedicated communities that aren't SSB or SSF4 into account yet...

MTGod

Smash Champion
And maybe Falcon Punch has invincibility frames??? Or Olimar's whistle has a hitbox??? Or Ganondorf has an infinite on Pikachu???

Alzi

Smash Master
No it woudn't i see nothing of importance within you two.

Ah school work + exams soon + driving test soon.

PRESSURE.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Pfft if me and Trav combined, that would be end of the world due to the sheer amount of awesome congested into one being.

In fact the reason we live on opposite sides of the river is to stable the tender balance of awesome.

Alzi

Smash Master
Lol luke i'm pretty sure you love me and wish you could be more like me because you did hug me at Thriller..... ;)

I like Marty's post makes some sense aswell.

I kinda do know the meaning of the word MTGod. :p

But like i have school homework and like some days i just cbf doing stuff then exams coming soon i have to study a week or 2 weeks before just so i can do good in them. Then driving test soon which is early in the morning on a school day but lets hope i pass if i don't i'm going to be angry.

I'm still angry at how you guys think that poster andrew made looks better then mine. :mad:

MTGod

Smash Champion
EVERYBODY!!!! Keep Sunday the 6th of June free :D:D:D

You have now officially been forewarned ^^ Forewarn all your smash buddies too :D

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Pfft if me and Trav combined, that would be end of the world due to the sheer amount of awesome congested into one being.

In fact the reason we live on opposite sides of the river is to stable the tender balance of awesome.
I suppose it was only a matter of time before we had to reveal it. Though for the sake of other's I hope we don't have to use our everlasting combination, I mean who the hell do you think we are?!

Muzga

Smash Ace
I suppose it was only a matter of time before we had to reveal it. Though for the sake of other's I hope we don't have to use our everlasting combination, I mean who the hell do you think we are?!
not masked love bandits.
f*gs

MTGod

Smash Champion
Hey guys, whoever's in high school, tell me when year 12 exams are for this semester please ^^

MTGod

Smash Champion
End of June you mean... End of July is the start of Semester II :p

Anyway, as I said before:

JUNE 6TH --- KEEP IT FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
wow havent been on here in agesssssssssss lol....is there a tourney coming up soon? wouldt mind playing again, i miss brawl :(.......also glenn forgot his password so thats why he hasnt been posting hahahahahahaha

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Just a heads up to anyone interested in SSFIV_ Gametraders will be holding a tournament in a months time to promote this_ Prizes include an S edition tournament stick_ Ill be getting a confirmation date in the next couple of weeks_

Jesse I'll update the tourney thread when I get home_ Have you posted details in it yet_? Still waiting on all previous results or no tourney rankings list_

MTGod

Smash Champion
Jesse I'll update the tourney thread when I get home_ Have you posted details in it yet_? Still waiting on all previous results or no tourney rankings list_
So far I'm still sussing out the best venue, so no details for OID2 as of yet, but I've had the results from OID1 posted since the tournament ended :p

Wish I was marginally good at SSF4... Will be getting BlazBlue though if the JB catalogue of $60 for the special edition ISN'T a misprint, so hooray :D (if this price is true, the special edition comes with a stick for the PS3 version, so PS3 owners rejoice :D)

Alzi

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure buying a ps3 would be better then going to robocop.

Oh actually you should go to robocop place 3rd right win some money then come back and you can buy a ps3 and still have some cash in the bank. ;)

Also Alex tell glenn to go on here and say he forgot his password then it will send a email to his hotmail or whatever he set his email as so he can log in again.

Top Bottom