• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

swordsaint

Smash Master
Elton. For my sake can you start spelling and writing correctly, so as not to destroy the English language and to increase the chance I'll definately beat Sam?

=P

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Ok so, I'll be bringing a wii but for some reason I can't seem to find my brawl disk. I have no idea where it's gone so can someone please bring a spare? Thanks.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
So who are the 3 amigos Alzi_

Good luck to everyone in the tournament tomorrow, hope to see you all there_ never knew there was someone using the tag 'ErgoProxy'_ Incase you haven't noticed by my avatar, it's one of my favourite animes_

See you at Murdoch station bright and early tomorrow Marteh ;)

Vlade

Social Outcast
Hehe, hope you guys don't mind the early start but I think it's for the best.

If you're bringing a Wii and/or TV, please try to arrive close to 9am so we can get some friendlies going.

Alzi

Smash Master
Bob they are, Sam, Richard and Vlade ofcourse. ;D

I will be there at 8:50 and play some friendlies just to get warmed up alittle. I hope it's like a windy and not so bright day since i just love those days.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
HAha dont worry Trav I've got it all in my bag, least I think so heh ^-^;
I actually put everything in my bag then took it out because Josh and Rudd wanted to play Mario Kart lol.

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Dont take this as a confirmation but I'll try to bring us a T.V for this tourney but I wont be able to bring either wii or brawl (can bring brawl if someones wii is chipped).

Edit: got my uni marks, 83%, 85%, 88%, 90%
Edit2: So I got in my exams, 98%, 85%, 85%, 90%

Alzi

Smash Master
Lol at what time you posted that :p

Oh well just came on to see if nothing got canceled seems like everything is good i will be there maybe before 9:00 or exactly 9:00.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
scott's crap in brawl now. sam's better. **CHEERING**

I actually think scott will be as good as me offline.

e- woops.s soz for double post.

Alzi

Smash Master
I read that as knocking you out. Good tourney was epic with some seriously lol moments. Thanks Vlade for hosting had a fun time.

Most epic moment was that trip in the finals. I really want to see that reply again. I came 7th.. hmm must do better next tourney.

Edit: Sam nice marks. Also i love having toon link ditto's with you. :p

Vlade

Social Outcast
First things first, there are 3 words I want to say:

**** YOU SAKURAI!!!!!!!

If you watched the very last moments of the tournament, you'll know what I'm talking about ;) Vids will be up as soon as I get round to uploading them (hopefully tonight).

All in all a successful tournament, I'd like to thank everyone that brought TVs and wiis to help the running of the tournament a lot smoother. I'd also like to thank anyone that brought $5 and $5 notes... >_> It made things easier for me since I'm a lazy TO lol. Additionally I'd like to thank Andre, Bob and Travis and anyone else who assisted with calling out the matches and assisting with things like that. It was an enjoyable and rewarding tournament to host, and I hope you all enjoyed it.

Now for some shoutouts:

1: Corpsecreate ($84.00) - Won another tourney lol. Epic Grand Finals matches, they had my heart pumping and my hands shaking like crazy. I'll never forget the last moments of the last match where everyone was screaming when I tripped lol (Valid John :)). But hey, what happened happened and there's nothing I can do to change that fact, and I'm not entirely disappointed because they were the most satisfying matches I've ever played. Congratulations yet again.
2: Vlade ($42.00) - You rock, but you're so arrogant!
3: Richard ($14.00) - Great matches, Falco is too OP lol.
7: Alzi - Nice work on beating Corpsecreate in one match :) Thanks for helping set up the room.
7: Kane - Good games, look forward to seeing you and playing you again
9: Bsrk_ - Sorry about the ICs gayness, but I play to win :/ Otherwise, thanks for your assistance with setting up the room especially, as well as helping out with the brackets. You're a funny guy and I can't imagine a Perth Smash Scene without you (I could probably say this for everyone if you're feeling left out, but the special mention goes to bob this time :))
9: Muzga - We rocked in teams! :D Metagayhax ftw, we even took one match from samuel and richard. I would also like to thank you for checking the brackets and announcing matches for like half the day, despite having a terrible throat. I hope that whole packet of strepsils didn't do any damage to you lol
13: Nasch - YOU BROKE THE TABOO AND USED DIDDY!!! Nice team matches though
13: Glenn - Unlucky in the crew battle lol
13: Marty - Cool guy to have around as always (I could say this for a lot of other people too), we didn't get to play but it is always enjoyable having you at the tournaments. Thanks for coming bright and early with bob to help set up the room.
17: Synnic - Welcome back! We didn't play but I like talking to you, I hope to see you and get to know you more at future tournaments.
17: Baconfingers - Man your jokes are hilarious lol (same with some others). We didn't play singles, but we had some good team matches (even though Muzga and I went double Metahax lol). I'm glad bob met you and dragged you into our scene.
25: Lord Bowser - Insanely unlucky with the brackets AGAIN. Man, I feel so bad when these sort of things happen, but I really admire the way you take it on the chin and have that carefree attitude. Always a pleasure to have you, an awesome guy I can talk to and relate to, whom also comes with cracker jokes lol. Great to see we don't have a tier ***** unlike some others... *looks at myself* and yeah, you definitely should've placed better if you got a fair bracket. Look forward to seeing you again
25: Mic - Man I'm so sorry about the gayness and lameness of our matches, feel free to ban me if you want ;) But yeah like against bob, I do what I feel is necessary to win (with the exception of planking) which is probably a bad thing, but I can't help that. You have no idea how sorry I am, and I really hope you don't hate me because without you, this scene wouldn't be what it is today and you're a really cool guy to talk to and have in the community.

Top Jokers for the day (in no particular order):

Bsrk_
Baconfingers
Lord Bowser
Marty
Mic
Muzga

I haven't laughed so much in a long time... thank you guys.

EDIT: Just realised that was in ALPHABETICAL order lol. Didn't mean to do that.

Now in case you haven't seen them, here are the results: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7831749&postcount=9

Thank you all for making this tournament successful and rewarding to host.

I think we'll start doing seeding when we have a chance to run pools on a full day, since the bracket was really unfair to some people that definitely shouldve placed better if they got a fair bracket (Mic, Trav and Bob to name a few). I'll still run the Perth Rankings Ladder though, just be mindful that some of the placings are quite inaccurate due to randomised seeding for the tournament.

Alzi

Smash Master
Well since vlade did some shoutouts i might as well since it will give me somthing to do.

1: Corpsecreate: Very nice to see you keeping your winning streak going it is good for all the toon links out there. ;D Last tourney i vsed you second round and even this tourney i vsed you second round. But they where great matches and i really enjoy playing with you even though i loose pretty bad somtimes but it's good practice and gets you warmed up offline after playing too much wi fi.
2: Vlade: Thanks for running the tournament once again and thanks for everything. That trip was so lol though. Congrats on placing aswell.
3: Richard: I still can't get other that crew battle while you where game and watch that was so lol. Anyway you are a really good brawl player since you use random characters and it's amazing to see someone who can use diffrent characters and place so high. Unlike me where i am only good with one.
4: Jayce: I don't know you but i saw you playing and congrats on coming 4th.
5: Alex: Very tight matches in the first two rounds. Although you won it with a good lead in the last.
5: Proxy: You play a nice wolf always nice to see a new character in the tournaments.
7: Alzi: This guy is going to punish himself tommorow by lifting weights tommorow while watching rush hour 3.
7: Kane: I think your the really tall guy :p You played really well and congrats.
9: Bsrk_: Bob you made me lol so hard today that my head hurts from laughing too much. Also i see you have imrpoved with shiek. Much much better then last time so keep it up. Aslo lol at the down smash and how richard just told you then :p I actually forgot all about it until i saw the stage tilt one side then i remebered it.
9: Muzga: I will try and get some friendlies with you next time since you have never vsed me. You too are really funny and a good guy.
13: Nasch: You did place lower then i expected this time round but i think it's because you used ness in some matches. Although you are definatly a good player.
13: Glenn: All i can say is you have nice ice climbers. I personlly can't do the chain grabs with nana since she is a ***** and never listens to me but i can do some other tricks although i hate using them because of the grabs.
13: Marty: Don't know what to say but your a cool guy.
17: Aaron: I saw you playing toon link keep it up some day toon link will overule.
17: Baconfingers: Very nice guy and made me lol at times aswell.
25: Lord Bowser: All i can say is you will definatly have better luck with the brackets next tourney if not that is when you unleash the bowser rage.
25: Mic: Should of not left early since you missed the epic moment. ;P
25: Trill: Good game first round had fun playing you and they were tight matches.

Yup thats all i have to say. Vlade is right about the top 5 jokers. Definatly good guys. Also vlade i think i got a good bracket even if i did vs sam so early but that didn't mind me since i did not face you or richard in the loosers real early. Anyway fun day was fun and no better to spend a sunday. Thanks again.

Ok seriously lol. First you ask elton what game sam was playing when he clearly said it in the first couple of words then you ask who Sakurai is. hahahaha. Sakurai is the guy who loves to trip people up.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
*facepalms* at Elton.

Anyhow great tournament all around, great to see so many people after around a 2 month hiatus, I really feel we need to get this tournaments on a month schedule.
Anyhow thanks goes to Vlade for hosting it yet again, Bob and Graeme for the lift, and everyone else who kept me entertained and reminded me why it was worth getting up at 6:30 to go to this tournament.

Vlade man, your match with Corpse I think was the best yet, I'm pretty sure everyone in the arena was watching it, and for it to end with a trip was....Well nicely said it was bull****, lets hope you can win next time around.

Bob and Graeme, sorry about the Norfair texture, I never realised the fire is invisible until today and that was pretty **** cheap.

Trav, eh what to say, that was some funny stuff in the crew's.

Andre, me + you = money match next time, I must redeem myself :p

Yeah I'm actually to lazy to name anyone else but all around great tournament and lots of fun. I really hope to make that top 10 slot next time, oh and if anyone knows how to get Josh to shut up, please post suggestions.

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
LOL. i didn't read all of vlade's post.

**scim reads it** i did nothing wrong alzi. vlade stated who sakurai is after I posted that.

i know he is the director NOW and that vlade tripped over against sam in the grand finals (which i read the FIRST TIME).

You made me read it a second time...

Marteh says:
"Bob and Graeme, sorry about the Norfair texture, I never realised the fire is invisible until today and that was pretty **** cheap."

ROFL

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Much too tired and lazy to do a whole shoutout post, but it was great fun thanks for hosting Alister, and it was great to see you all.

I made it in the top jokers! As CF would say "YES! ".

Helping out with the brackets and stuff was no worries, as you might've figured out im quite loud as it is :laugh: The brackets was pretty unlucky for me but like I said it doesn't bother me that much, I come to have a good time and I get that no matter where I place.

Big thanks to Marty for setting up Homebrew for me, your a legend mate. What stuff should I get now?

Ahhh for ****s sake I'm already practically doing a shoutout post, might as well do the whole thing.

Sam - Curse you and your immunity to my epic mindgames, well done on the win even though me and most everyone their were hoping you'd lose. But heed this warning; Your tyrannical rein over the smash scene in Perth will come to a triumphant and tremendous end by the hands of our newfound saviour the one they call "Vlade". For he will slay thy with such force that thy will be stricken to the ground and forced to give up your stranglehold on our wallets at which point we shall be free! Viva la Vlade!

Mic - Make them ban the IC's infinites! It will make my matches alot easier, we had a bit of bad luck in doubles but the double Warlock punch was raw awesomeness.

Baconfingers+Bob - First of all yeah you don't get your own shoutout you have to share now get over it you selfish pricks. Bob loving the Wolverine style. Yor both funny guys, and made me seem less insane. Loving the energy you provide especially during crews. Also Bob sorry I had to make you look so bad in those friendlies but I'm just that **** good. :p

Ric - Good work pulling through for our crew dude and thanks for picking up on my star wars jokes when everyone else didn't get it. You can't leave the scene nw I'm here or who will pick up my star wars references. :)

Muzga - Good seeing you mate. Close MM's and nice tactic; give us all swine flu sowe have to forfeit.

Vlade - SAKURAIIIIIIIIII!!! Those finals were the tensest matches I've seen, next time you'll get him :) You're cool easy going dude I can chat too, Thanks for hosting I'm already waiting for the next one.

All in all I had an awesome time , if I forgot you in the shoutcats sorry but I'm running on empty. S whens the next one :p

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
@Trav

http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_applications
Just find whatever you want and download put it on your SD under
E:/apps/_____
Or whatever it is, its pretty simple, or just get homebrew browser if you have wireless its pretty simple. Oh and you'll need Ocarina if you wish to use codes and play brawl +

@ ˙ʞuıɥʇ noʎ ʍoɥ əʞıl ı 'ɹəʇʇɐl əɥʇ s,ʇı ɟı əsnɐɔəq 'ɥsoɾ ɹo əɯ ƃuıəəuʞ ƃuıʇsəƃƃns noʎ əɹəʍ 'ızlɐ

Vlade

Social Outcast
Sam - Curse you and your immunity to my epic mindgames, well done on the win even though me and most everyone their were hoping you'd lose. But heed this warning; Your tyrannical rein over the smash scene in Perth will come to a triumphant and tremendous end by the hands of our newfound saviour the one they call "Vlade". For he will slay thy with such force that thy will be stricken to the ground and forced to give up your stranglehold on our wallets at which point we shall be free! Viva la Vlade!
I actually lol'd irl when I read this :)

Ahhh... the good times we had...

In fact, I sigged that (had to cut off a small amount coz it was too long, but oh well :))

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Thanks to everyone who participated today_ Really good turnout and great to see some new faces_ Apologies if i didn't get a chance to meet you all but i hope i get the opportunity next tourney_

No need repeating what's already been said and besides, you all know who you are_ What does need to be said is Alzi you deserved your win, i couldn't be happier losing to such a good player_ Trav just ***** me so it doesn't count, besides i said yes so it's technically not rape_

I'll be posting the official rankings list at the title post in our tournament listings thread so keep your eyes peeled_ It'll be up tomorrow_ I will be recommending the removal of players who are absent for 6 months in succession from the rankings list to avoid clutter_ Points will be assigned as discussed before and listed beside each persons name for reference (and i suppose bragging rights, you ****ers :p)_

FYI i don't have claws, just summon iced coffees and the occasional icecream_

Vlade

Social Outcast
The next tournament will probably be sometime in early August, but it will most likely only be a half day since I'm still in my soccer season.

We'll have to see though

EDIT:

On the weekend my Dad bought a Sony Bravia HD TV to put upstairs. I tried playing brawl on it, but there was very noticeable button input lag. Would buying those wii component cables alleviate this lag? How much do they cost?

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
They cost maybe $50 and i recommend them for HD tv's as i use them myself_ If you remember from the tournaments i held at my house Vlade, my LCD tv had the component cables attached_ Personally i notice the difference which is why i hate not using them_

Alzi

Smash Master
Theres this mad catz one for $20 at Big W if your talking about that component table thing.

But if you can find a official nintendo one it would better. Also yay August is my birthday. ;)

Vlade

Social Outcast
I just bought the official nintendo ones for $50, and I must say that it was well worth the buy.

Tried playing brawl and it was fine. There was still a tiny amount of noticeable lag, but it was bearable because I could still chaingrab with ICs :)

Tried playing Tatsunoko vs Capcom, worked fine. 32 hit Aerial combos with Chun-Li were still very possible and the lag wasn't noticeable imo.

Tried playing melee... I kinda struggled. Couldn't really L cancel properly and I think that was coz of a bit of lag. But remember, it's a gamecube game so that's probably why it lagged a bit.

I'll find a solution for melee later on... it's not like I play melee much anyway XD

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
It's all adjustment to each tv also_ You're body will most likely adjust to the tv after using it so much_ Either way i still believe that Sony Bravia is an overrated piece of junk_ Component cables make a difference but it's still no HD_

You Tube up the dolphin emulator of Brawl and see what we could be getting if Nintendo gave us a HD Wii_ Actually i'm in a good mode so here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXEwDsssA94

Top Bottom