• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
i should really learn ice climber's infinite. THEN MAYBE INFINITES CAN GET BANNED.

congratz the 3 amigos. sooon it will be 4... 4!!!!

the Anigames arcade 18th...
-Christ Church Grammer School (from official poster)

I researched this to find an ADDRESS : Christ Church Grammar School
PO Box 399, Claremont Western Australia 6910
Queenslea Drive

dang Claremont... I'm prob not going now.

Muzga

Smash Ace
My turn to do a shoutout or two
Disclaimer: This is all in good humor. Dont take it seriously
I love you guys

Corpsecreate: It was really satisfying to watch you die slowly in the crew battles. I say this knowing that we were on the same team:p Nice job winning the tournament as usual. I have nothing to say that hasnt been said before aside from the fact that we all secretly hate you a little for taking our money. Seriously though, a job well done! it was as always awesome hanging out with you.
Vlade: Excellent job running half a tournament even though you were supposed to be the host. Way to leave all the responsibility to someone else. Seriously though, youve improved a lot. It was great seeing you and i was really impressed by how much better youve gotten! I think next time we might have a shot at taking away the doubles;)
Richard: So what happens now? Are you going to quit the scene again? Good job hitting 3rd and still managing to win some money. You did a good job at this tournament. Keep it up:)
Jayce: I have no idea who you are or where you came from. How some random managed 4th is completely beyond me. im impressed. Also you use metaknight. +respect ;)
Alex: It was cool playing against you. I dont really have anything to dig into you for.
Proxy: What is wrong with you guys!? How could you guys let 2 newcomers into the top eight?
Alzi: Next time you see me at a tv playing friendlies just come over and plug your controller in. im interested in playing against a toon link who isnt samuel for once
Kane: Dont know you. Ive got nothing.
Bob: Hey man. Its always lots of fun seeing ya. I like you. Youre a funny guy, and youre pretty cool. What was even funnier was that after complaining about my metaknight for so long i beat you with jigglypuff in the crew battles. How did that rest taste?
Nasch: Better luck next time. I was expecting you to place better! Ah well,
Glenn: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYY.
Marty: Im always happy to take your money if you want to part with it so easily. Maybe next time:p
Aaron: *sigh* another nobody:p
Baconfingers: WHAT!? you use zelda!?!?!?! comic gold
Lord Bowser: Okay... enough is enough... it was great seeing you but this placing is just unacceptable. im disappointed. try harder:p
Mic: WOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! MIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIC!!!! I WUB ROOOOO! i wish youd stayed.
Trill: Thats more like it.

Niven: Naww, wheres my nivvy gone? </3

Again i need to stress that this is not to be taken seriously, im not that much of a prick.
Was great seeing and playing against all of you
Hope to see you all next time

Edit: Was good seeing you eric:)

Alzi

Smash Master
Oh yeah forgot about that eric guy. You are a good brawler hope to see you come to more tourneys in future.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
So today for I think the first time ever I was looking at Marth's counterpick stages and it came to me...Does anyone in Perth actually use the stage ban rule?

Vlade

Social Outcast
^ Yes. Here's an example:

Vlade vs Corpsecreate

Vlade loses the first match

Vlade CP's Jungle Japes

Corpsecreate: Objection!

Vlade: Nawww.... FD then

Yeah, you get the point. I never use it unless it's a stage I really hate at that time because I can always use Meta when it's RC or Luigi's or whatever.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Wait did I seriously miss an epic objection moment?
**** I feel violated, and not the good kind either....

Heh looking at it Im going to have two ban to of my favourite stages....Great...>>;

Edit: Vlade what was the music you used on you v Corpse match 4?

Vlade

Social Outcast
Encoding the epic match right now.

Yeah, I replaced the audio for matches 3,4 and 5 because the original sound was desynced, not sure why.

Music for match 4 was the Super Metroid Energy Tank OC Remix (mixed by Matt Drounin).

Match 3 in case you didn't know was Chrono Trigger - Aqueous Transgression OC Remix.

Match 5 will be Godspeed - Starfox Corneria OC Remix by The Wingless.

Enjoy :)

I'll post when the final match is uploaded with all the links.

EDIT:

Here are the vids

Vlade :falco: vs Corpsecreate :toonlink:

1 2 3 4

And here's the epic match where I tripped: 5

Watch in high quality! ;)

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Man it's so painful to watch that video, you can see when Sam starts getting nervous, and then it happens to Vlade, I also think anyone there can remember the atmosphere during those final moments. And then.....Trip

And thanks for telling me the music, I had pretty much given up on OC remix XD

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah, it's difficult to find the best songs on that site because they don't have a 'organise by ratings/downloads' on it.

But there are definitely some great quality remixes there.

Alzi

Smash Master
Like the super mario rpg remix the forest one ;).

Lol i never knew that sam also tripped just after he up smashed you. I remeber when he hit you with toon link's Uair i thought it was over but you came back then he baired you into a bomb and you still came back. Then i saw sam on the edge i was like oh my nervous moments on the edge but he survived it.

That match was epic seriously well done the both of you.

True Romance

Smash Ace
I know it's a bit late but I thought since this tournament was so awesome I had to give some shout outs.

Corpsecreate - Awesome player, your match in the finals with Vlade was solid gold entertainment, great , hope I get the chance to be ***** by you in a future tourney.

Vlade - This tourney was so good man, great job at keeping it going. Hope you keep hosting them in the future! Good effort making the finals and pushing Corpse so hard. I was glad just to steal one game off you in our matches :p

Richard - Haven't had the chance to play you or really talk to you, but watching you play so many characters to a high level is awesome, very entertaining.

Jayce - Nice Metaknight dude, makes me sad I dropped mine now. I'm just disappointed in the way our set finished, a total brain snap SD by myself :( GW though on doing so well!

Alex - Our doubles set was close and tonnes of fun, look forward to playing you again.

Proxy - Huuuuuuugggggggeeeeeeeee Wolf play. First tourney ever and you were taking it to them top tiers. GW brother man.

Alzi - You played in some wicked sets man, I've now drawn with you in the two tourneys I've been to, but have never actually had the chance to play you. Hope I do soon!

Kane - Is horrible at brawl but a very sexy man.

Bsrk_ - Seemed like a top bloke, real good sport in our doubles set despite tonnes of bad luck. Hope to get to play you in a future tourney.

Muzga - Haven't really talked to you, but you were one half of the metaknight cluster **** that myself and Nasch got drilled by in doubles. Good matches.

Ravener - Nice lucario, we had a real fun doubles set as well.

Nasch - Way better player then your finish shows, your Ness was beast in doubles, they just hated on you in singles :p No doubt we will partner again in the future, top bloke. Oh and BRING BACK THE DIDDY!

Synnic - Real nice fox, would of thought you'd finish way higher too. Our set was heaps of fun, thanks for the good games.

Baconfingers - Was heaps of fun playing you and beserk in doubles, GGs bro.

Lord Bowser - Man I remember your bowser giving me hell last tourney I played, shame about your bracket this tourney. Awesome grab release tricks with the boozer!

Trill - Much better player then your finish showed, no doubt you'll be moving up the ranks in future tourneys.

Over all it was a mega fun day, and I just want to thank Vlade for the effort he puts in to make these things happen. Well done mate.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
AND where would Vlades tourneys be without his ultra pro support group who help him run, organise and help him setup/ packup_? I'm sure Lord Bowser wil back me up on this one ;)

Humor aside_ I really hope to see you all next tournament and as always, love to be able to have the chance to vs everyone 1v1_

I'll be organising the Perth Rankings as soon as Vyse is back in OZ_ Thanks for the recommendation Vlade, should be up within weeks_

Alzi

Smash Master
Who is Romant1?

Bob is hell good at organising the t.v's and putting the cords and everything. You know what i mean :p

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Trav, it still doesn't mean you have the power.
And hey what do you know, Marth's dancing Blade #3 can spike, not useful though XD.
Oh and quick question for next tourney, Vlade if you bring your recording gear Im wondering if it'd be possible to record a match of mine so I can post it in the Marth critique thread, I'll bring a USB to put the file on to if I can.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Why don't we kill 2 birds with 1 stone and record a match of me vs you Marty, that way I can show the Bowser boards my boozer.

Texture hacks are really giving me the ****s, despite Mic's help I still can't get the *******s to work.

Vlade

Social Outcast
"Last post by - Lord Bowser, 3:27AM" :O

School holidays ftw lol. But yeah, recording matches shouldn't be a problem. I'm just extremely lazy when it comes to encoding and uploading them but feel free to take the matches on a usb and do all that yourself ;)

Alzi

Smash Master
Do you seriously main falco now elton?

Is kane the tall guy? We always seem to place the same spot everytime he comes to a tourney lol. So it will be good vsing you.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Wasn't I the tall guy @_@, is someone replacing me?
Okay so Marty vs Trav it is then, I was actually hoping to be able to verse someone who wouldn't own me *stares at Vlade and Corpse* or I would win easily *stares at my friends*.
And cheers Vlade amigo

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Yeah sleep is for the weak. Even when I do hae school it's not uncommon for me to be up till 2am, I suppose it's bad and I shold get more sleep but meh.

Thats why I thought I'd vs Marty we're pretty close I think.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
*Feel honoured*
Oh and being up late is nothing in 2007 I was up to 3am every night and up by 6am for school and I did fine, thus I have to agree with Trav there.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Proposal for future tournaments:

Singles Entry Fee: $10 (This is as long as we can get the Venue fee for $5 per person)

Singles Payout:

1st: 48%
2nd: 22%
3rd: 14%
4th: 8%
5th: 4%
5th: 4%

I know the numbers look odd, but I think it's important to spread the wealth throughout the higher placements rather than just at the top. These tournaments should be about meeting people, enjoying smash and fuelling a competitive spirit rather than just letting samuel make huge bank.

If there were 30 entrants, the payouts would look something like this:

Prize Pot: $300

1st: $144
2nd: $66
3rd: $42
4th: $24
5th: $12
5th: $12

So what do you guys think?

Also, I may try and search around for a new venue which is more convenient for the guys coming from south of the river, and is cheaper. Ideally they'll be able to provide a minimum of 2 TVs, because it's not possible to get enough people in Perth to bring one >_>

swordsaint

Smash Master
I think vlade's just sore about not winning and wants some more cash to himself. While giving some to lower placements so as to hide this fact. :)

Alzi

Smash Master
Not really. He does make a point.

People will be happy if they win even $2 then nothing. But this will only work great if we always have a prize pot of $300.

$144 is good money for first but i seriously do not mind letting sam get alot of money. Since he is just too good at the game yet deserves the money + 1st place in doing so.

swordsaint who do you main?

Alzi

Smash Master
Got to love metaknight, snake and falco. ;) I've watched the vids aswell but they seem to be harder when you are actually vsing them.

Also does anyone want a signature to use on smashboards i feel like making one or a 100x100 avatar.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Glad to see that everyone likes my proposal so far.

Also, next tournament I plan to do 8 pools, with the top 2 from each pool going into a 16-man double elimination bracket.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Correct me if I'm wrong.
But I believe the pools are like mini tournaments but will be single eliminations, people in each pool will be decided by the leader board. For example, we have 32 competitors
Pool 1
Marty
vs
Trav

Glenn
vs
Alzi

Pool 2
Vlade
vs
Mic

Bob
vs
Grame

etc
The pools are like mini single elimination tournies, after that the winners of each pool is sent into the double elimination bracket.

Least that's how I interperate it, I really only think that should be put in place when were on time constraints or have a large number of participants.

swordsaint

Smash Master
No actually.

Each pool will have as equal amount of players possible. Each player plays two matches against each other player in their pool, and the two players with the most wins will continue, since the top two players continue.

Example would be:
8 pools, top two from each pool continues to the 16 man bracket. For the purpose of the example we'll say 32 people total, 4 people each pool.

Alzi
Sam
marteh
lord bowser

They all play each other twice and the two players with more wins go through.

Vlade

Social Outcast
^ this is exactly what I had in mind.

Pools are pretty much a bunch of round robins, so the tournament becomes a hybrid of round robins and double elimination.

This way the bracket is more fair and accurate for people like Travis, lol

Alzi

Smash Master
I like all this change. Somthing new is more exciting then the old. Hmm but what if travis gets Sam, Richard and, Vlade in his pool. lol.

Vlade my dad hires out venues from time to time and i know a few but some of them you need ensurence. Since we have partys and things like that at times with alot of people and they hire out a venue and yeah.

But they are too big. If you find one that is close to where we live and where bob and all live that would be great. I feel sorry for them coming a long way. But the other tourney was worth coming a long way imo.

Top Bottom