• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Vlade

Social Outcast
We've only just started growing as a community, so eventually it's quite possible we'll have tournaments with 50 entrants :) We'll have to see though.

I have to agree with you guys on Club Nintendo. In Japan its SO much better, there's way better prizes too. I've seen that it's also quite big in Europe as far as I'm aware.

Have fun in New Zealand Jupz, you're going tomorrow amirite?

EDIT: Just got a private message with more people interested in the tournament (only doubles though). Go Bob for putting up these posters! :)

Alzi

Smash Master
Bob is the man. So is Marteh.

Club Nintendo Japan and Europe are the best ones so far. Europe have a huge link on epona golden statue and Japan have all these cool soundtracks and much cooler looking things.

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
WOO! Back frrom RFLAN with my $200 PSU that I won from the Brawl tourney. It was pretty fail. It was more of a "For the lolz" tourney, so no one actually knew how to play except Pete and I.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
Have fun Jupz, hope to hear all about it when you return_

Been looking up alot of Tetsunoko vs Capcom lately and i have to say i'm really anticipating it hitting our shores_ For anyone interested in FPS, The Conduit is due out this month_

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
PSU = Power Supply Unit
I won a 650W one and I have a 620W. I really can't be bothered changing it I'm gonna sell it.
Anyone need a PSU? lol

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
I don't even know what a PSU does so no not really. :laugh:

If you guys manage to pull 50 entrants. I swear I'll drag some easterners along with me to one of these.
Quoting so when we pull of 50 in the near future your held to it.
Bob is the man. So is Marteh.
Agreed.
Accepting all MMs
(Don't think anyone would want to though :()
I'll give ya a $1 MM

Accepting all MM's.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Yeah on the topic of Tatsunoko vs Capcom, it's a real shame that they're going to be replacing a few characters that are already in the Japanese version due to licensing issues. But yeah it's a great game, I'll bring it along to the tournament for you guys to try out, even though it's probably best played with classic controller or arcade stick (I still use gamecube controller :p)

Alzi

Smash Master
Arcade stick is best to play all those fighter games with. I think they also replaced 5 characters only but atleast the ones coming to the U.S and Europe will have online.

Bob, The Conduit looks ok imo. But i am buying wii sports resort over it lol.

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I still play the American version but heard i'm not missing out on anything exciting_

Alzi you should still buy The Conduit to support High Voltage_ At the moment they are one of the few third party developers who are willing to really push the limits of the Wii_ Even if the game isn't ground breaking at least it's still a step forward for them_ And besides, if the Wii had the processing power it would be the best console for FPS games besides PC's_

If anyone else if thinking about purchasing the conduit, let me know and we can hopefully get some wi-fi games going next month_

As for Tatsunoko vs Capcom_ I heard they were removing 1 char and introducing 5 new ones_ Hopefully the online is far superior to brawls_

*Is having Final Fantasy cravings* it's been too long_

Alzi

Smash Master
Oh i see Jupz. :p

Bob i think they removed 3 characters and replacing them with 5 others. I will buy Conduit maybe later on. Wii sports resort first then conduit.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Jupz - Have fun compondre'

I'm not really a big FPS fan so doubt I'll get The Condult. I'll just stick to what I do best....Aka RPG's. Still I hope they put in Ken (SF) in Tatsunoko in the US release, he was so missing in the *** version, and for the love of god they better keep roll's theme in there.

Anyway *goes back to playing FFVI*

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
$5?

Whats the deal with the busses Marty? I remember you said something about them before and me and my mates might be taking the train. Also we'll probs go to Hog's Breath afterwards (best steak ever) feel free to come with for some after brawlin food.

Alzi

Smash Master
I think during when we are not having our matches we should work out at the gym so we get pumped for our next match.

Trav steak taste so good.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Last time I went to a hogsbreath we waited almost an hour for our food :/

Top Bottom