• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Jupz

Smash Master
I'm not asking for myself, but my friend came up from Kalgoorlie for the tournament, he only practices with meta so it won't be fair to him. he dosen't have a chance of winning anyway so if Meta is banned can we just make an exception for my friend?

alternatively as Andre is the only Meta user besides my friend and he sucks (my friend, not Andre lol), you could just use another character to prove your point to Mic :p

Muzga

Smash Ace
But that doesn't make it a fair test. Someone else would be able to use mk against me!
I'm not too worried about it, I'm happy if we don't bother. I just want an example to prove my argument. If people are against it then that's okay. we don't have to do it. I just want you people to see that your precious MK ban support would mean nothing to you in the long run and is therefore meaningless.

Anyway, since someone besides me would now be at a disadvantage, that changes things. Disregard my suggestion. I dont want to make things unfair for anyone else;)

Vlade

Social Outcast
Holy crap, so much has been going on while I've been away.

New SBR ruleset looks good I guess, I'll probably be slightly revising the ruleset I'll be using at future tournaments.

As for the metaknight thing, I don't want him banned for the tourney (if I go tomorrow) since I rely on him sometimes - particularly on certain stages like delfino, luigi's mansion, frigate, corneria, RC, etc.... Falco gets gayed by so many stages that I sometimes choose to switch to Meta just so I'm more secure, it's not always a great feeling playing a 3rd match on your opponent's counterpick. Oh, and I'm also more comfortable versing characters like Olimar and Ice Climbers with Meta, even though I could probably deal with them as falco - I don't ever risk losing in a tournament though.

But to be honest, WTF is with the Meta hate? Muzga and I are pretty much the only people you should fear that actually use Meta. Go to California, and then you'd actually really appreciate the lack of tier whores (like myself) that exist in perth. And Muzga is right, there still wouldn't really be a difference in placings with Meta banned anyway.

Anyway, it's most likely I won't be able to go tomorrow bob, and I'm really annoyed that I can't go. In about 24 week's time I can start attending sunday tournaments though :)

As for the next tournament I host... I'm still figuring out dates. Anyway, we shouldn't build any hype for my tournament while we still have bob's tournament tomorrow. I can't guarantee it will be in 2 weeks though, you might have to wait a little longer. If it's like over a month then bob can feel free to organise another tourney before then. I'm afraid since I'm such a busy person I don't think we'd be able to do doubles, unless everyone is happy to do a 'doubles-only' tournament. Personally I prefer singles but whatever floats everyones' boats I guess.

Oh as for low-tier tournaments, you'd be surprised as to how good my pokemon trainer is ;) Btw low-tier does not count D-tier, therefore toon link cannot be used. But Sam would rip it up with Luigi regardless.

Anyway, it was good reading your debates, I guess it's time I go check up on the falco boards...

Jupz

Smash Master
Welcome back vlade, hope you had fun :)

Whats up with the Meta hate? I never enter the MK discussion anyway :p I like to use MK for some of DDD's near impossible matchups (Falco, Pika, Olimar, Ice Climbers) :)

Can't wait to see everyone tomorrow. Hopefully you can show up vlade :)

Alzi

Smash Master
I really hate metaknight and all but he shoudln't be banned for the next tournament. He really shoudln't even be banned in perth even if in the end he does get banned perth should still have him since no one uses him really.

If our top 3 where metaknight, metaknight, metaknight then we could see the problem then think about a ben. But the top 3 doesn't even have any metaknight mains so theres no point. Sorry again bob that i can't come maybe when i'm 18 i can drive to your house.

Infact you guys should be thinking of a toon link ban since sam uses him :p. But no if that ever happened i'd shoot you all.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Poor metaknight, always picked on. Seriously I see no point in banning him, I mean hell I never see a meta coming first *stares evilly at Toon Link*

But yeah I know your reasoning Muzga but just use jigg the whole tournament if it bugs you that much lol

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
TOON LINK BAN!
TOON LINK BAN!
DEATH TO THE TRIFORCE

....Me says
Seconded!

Heh, I've got no problem with Meta at all man, I'm mainly arguing for the US situation, where tournaments are pretty much becomong Meta only in the top placers because everyone uses him like a crutch. In the US system, if he's banned for a while it'll give them time to work on other characters.
and hopefully work out a great anti-TL stratagy, lol

2 am edit: Just finished a few new things that you guys better like tomorow! *shakes fist*

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Im not goin sorry guys. My dad doesnt want to drive all the way there BUT ill see if i can take the train there. Anyways if i dont go I hope everyone gets lots of man sex and has fun. FINGERS CROSSED!!

Jono!

Smash Journeyman
Omgske The Tournamentske Is In Progresske!!!

Who Will Winskekskeksekskeskek12k1k1k3128372189361278321

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Woot first comment on tourney =D

Still great tournament bob, went smoothly which was nice despite Muzga's little mishap lol, but yeah fun seeing everyone and had some pretty epic matches. Hopefully next time I'll have more sleep before hand

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
Now I'm interested as to what happened. Lol.
And results? Of course, 1st - Sam, but more importantly, everyone else. :p
RFLAN was ok, but there was no SSBB tourney, so no easy money for me. They replaced it with Wii Tennis, which takes no skill to play. Lol

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
QFT

Seriously!

Awesome tourny bob! I apologise if i was a little excessive today; It happens when i become sleep deprived. (by excessive i mean by a signifigantly larger margin then usual)
I feel asleep about 3:30 and woke up about 4:30 -5..Beat that

Oh and I forgot before, thanks to bob for hosting and lifts.

Vlade

Social Outcast
This is the first tournament where I didn't place top 8.

I fail. ;)

Anyway guys, I'm already planning my tournament for the 23rd May, which is about a month away. Bob, feel free to host another tournament before then. I'm about to make the official post, but in a sense it's not official :p It's subject to change.

This time I'm going to hire 2 TV's, which may mean a slightly larger venue fee. As usual, the venue fee is waived if you bring a TV. If we have approx 10 TVs, we'll probably have time for doubles :p

I really hope we get 30 people again, so please tell all your friends about this. Obviously, I'd rather avoid anymore than 35 people since we probably wouldn't have time with 4 or 5 setups to get through so many.

I'll let you guys know when the official post is complete.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Now I'm interested as to what happened. Lol.
And results? Of course, 1st - Sam, but more importantly, everyone else. :p
RFLAN was ok, but there was no SSBB tourney, so no easy money for me. They replaced it with Wii Tennis, which takes no skill to play. Lol
We had a huge orgy-I mean fun time, we had a huge fun time (hah that ought to throw em off) Off the top of my head i think it was
1st Sam
2nd Richard
3rd Me (yay)

Yeath thats all i remember :p

EDIT: Your precious "RFLAN" pales in comparison to our awesome brawl tournament!

Vlade

Social Outcast
Excellent. The more friends, the better.

EDIT: Mic, I'd like you to download the jet falco texture ;)

I'll make sure your wii is on the main TV (if you attend and bring it).

Jupz

Smash Master
I got 4th, bob got 5th, can't remember from there. Great tourney bob I loved it, way funner then I expected and your a great host, GG's to everyone there!!!! Jikko says it was fun too hopefully he can come another time :p Bob my dad said sorry that he might have been a little irratible when talking to you he was just tired and he says ur a nice guy :)

Ravener

Smash Apprentice
Ok Vlade sign me up for your tournament!
And looks like everyone had fun at bobs tournament too bad i couldn't go coz i had soccer:(
?Why'd Muzga place so low in the tournament?

Muzga

Smash Ace
I'm not usually one to john but i sandbagged a bit this tournament. i played as pikschu for a few matches and played stupidly with mk. I just wasnt feeling it this time around;)

Alzi

Smash Master
Congrats on everyones placing.... Whats this two fat characters placing so high 3rd and 4th. :O

Vlade i'm coming to your tourney and i will go to Bob's if he holds one before hand depends on the situation.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
- Lord Bowser
I haven't done it in a month or two but I'll be able to help you set up homebrew and all that at the next tourney if i turned up. Just make sure
1- You're not updated to 4.0
2- Tell me what version your firmware is

I should be able to do the rest although you'll need an SD card to run the aps lol

True Romance

Smash Ace
Shame to miss the last tourney, but had a huge RF. Was lame though, Smash was registered as an RF tourney till the last minute and then was randomly changed -.-

Top Bottom