• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Alzi

Smash Master
^ Don't forget that Nasch and I weren't there though.
Still characters like that shouldn't be placing so high. :p

Bob if your tourney comes up before vlades i'll go with jono then when vlades has his i'll be there at 12:00 lol and help organise if you want me too. Will everything be setup like before?

I think we should have certain amount of chairs near each t.v. My excuse for coming early is so i can get some friendlies going. Jono you come to my house and we will take you and this time we can stay until 6:00. Oh and do you think there will be doubles if we do have 10 t.v's?

Vlade

Social Outcast
Cheers Marteh your helps greatly appreciated, I'm not good with this type of stuff. How do I know if I'm updated to 4.0 or not and how do i check what firmware I have.
At the wii menu, just click the circle that says 'wii' in the bottom left corner.

Then click 'wii settings'.

Now look at the top right corner. Your version of firmware should be there.

Let me know if I'm wrong.

EDIT: Oh and Alzi there's no point coming at 12:00, the room won't be open until 12:45 so you'll just be waiting for 45 minutes. Check the schedule.

Alzi

Smash Master
Ok i'll be there at exactly 12:45 then. Who's t.v was that large one in the middle of the room btw?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
This is the first tournament where I didn't place top 8.

I fail. ;)
Same here. I vote we use our secret smash powers given to us by the admins. Sure they said if two use it at the same place it'll destroy Texas, but screw em ;)

EDIT: Mic, I'd like you to download the jet falco texture ;)
If you can give me a link, sure. That goes for anyone else btw. If you see a cool texture and want to use it, let me know and I'll get it.

Vlade

Social Outcast
@ Alzi: Nah, it was $20 to hire it.

@ Mic: I like the idea of using our secret smash powers :D Particularly how it destroys Texas ^_^ (No offence to anyone who lives in texas, after all a lot of cool people live there like Hylian, Sethlon, Ozz, Dojo, etc.)

Anyway here's the megaupload link for the texture I'd like: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y83M7UJC

And just in case, here's the kitty corp link: http://kittycorp.proboards.com/inde...rehacks&action=display&thread=278&page=1#3737

Ctrl+F then type in 'Jet the Hawk', get the one that is for falco.

Thanks in advance ;)

Jupz

Smash Master
Has the tournament results been posted yet?? Also GG's to everyone at the tourney they were all so much fun. My funnest matches would probably have to be against richard :p But they were all great. nice work in doubles lord bowser!!!!

Jupz

Smash Master
OK sorry I was busy but I'll get round to it. Also Alex and his bro came 2nd.

We got the best for people who had never played together before :p

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Hey peeps sorry its been so late till posting but im currently moving house.. Results are posted up in the perth tourney thread for anyone interested (that includes you Shaya if your reading).. Thanks to everyone who came and participated and apologies on the lack of crew battles which i will now perform huri kiri to repent for..

Unfortunately there wont be another tourney at my place for quite some time due to moving into a smaller house with some housemates etc.. I will try and search for a more suitable venue somewhere in perth anyways for future tourneys..

Vlade i can arrive early for this tourney if you need me to steal your identity and get things setup and running earlier.. Just let me know you should have my mobile number too if needed, either way im free if you need the help.. Also sign me up..

@Muzga.. No Johns.. ***.. ;)

@Mic curse your freaky acid textures.. Hang on im about to seizzzuuuururrreeeeee... I feel..

For future referance also.. I have changed my tag to Bsrk_ instead of Rawt_ for anyone wondering why my name isnt on the tourney results.. Grats to Lord Bowser and Jupz also for both doing extremely well in your results.. Im still dying to get some friendlies going with you both..

BLAH..!

Jupz

Smash Master
Thanks Bob, also lol at what you were saying about Mic's textures at Norfair. Those doubles matches were intense :) I'll try my best to make it up to vlades.

We used MK and G&W teams (I was Meta, Lord Bowser was G&W) probably just as much as our DDD + Bowser team :p

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
@Mic curse your freaky acid textures.. Hang on im about to seizzzuuuururrreeeeee... I feel..
Heh, i know the feeling. I think I'll take down that Final D one, too dark and bright.

Doesn't mean I haven't tracked down another one or two ;)

Vlade

Social Outcast
Bob, feel free to get there early and impersonate me.

Just make sure you have plenty of cash ($150) to give in beforehand, then I'll give all the venue fee money to you at the end of the tournament. My full name is Alister Sandover in case you didn't know. Should I book it for 12pm-6pm? It might cost more since it is 6 hours but I'll need to double check.

Jupz

Smash Master
I won't be coming cause its on a saturday :(

Actually, theres a 1 in 10 chance I've got a bye in basketball that week, but most probably not :(

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Riot: Just to fix up the tourney mains
Josh used Kirby, Ice Climbers
Fish used Zamus
A team better than you was Kirby/Lucas (Josh) Marth/Ness (Me)

I also agree with Lord Bowser, I'm willing to pay a few extra bucks for more brawling.

Vlade

Social Outcast
^ In that case I will TRY to be there 12pm, but Bob can let me know what time he's willing to come.

Let's try and get as MANY setups as we possibly can. I'd much rather play 1v1 friendlies than FFA.

EDIT: In this case we'll probably start the tourney at 12:30.

ichigo601

Smash Apprentice
hey bob i played diddy/peach in doubles and glenn play meta/falco, btw tourney was awesome sorry to hear u not having anymore :(

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Vlade; Alister is an awesome name :)

When you come to Rocky let's make a Sexy real names crew. <3

Also what's the issues with the player usage?
[this is for singles only remember!]

1 Corpsecreate (Toon Link, Snake)
2 Richard7 (Wario)
3 Lord Bowser (Bowser, Meta, G&W?)
4 Jupz (Dedede, Meta)
5 Brsk_ (Olimar, Peach)
5 Glenn (Falco, Peach, Meta)
7 Muzga (Meta, Jigglypuff)
7 Chewe (Peach, Diddy)

is that all for the top 8?

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
Don't mark this as spam lolz: www.youtube.com/

my snake brawl vid. I didn't put much "new to youtube techniques". But they will be in my next snake vid. also to come : claus and pit. youtube.com/eadpmymedia

edit: going online soon

Alzi

Smash Master
Vlade i can be at Arena at 10:00 lol. Even earlier actually.

I hope there is doubles vlade since jono is coming over saturday and we are going to practice our stragety in doubles.

I also hope that not 31 people come this time since it
s too much people which means no doubles. Also Jupz just quit basketball and start playing super smash bros brawl as a sport. :D

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Also what's the issues with the player usage?
Im not sure what you mean by this.. Are you suggesting that people aren't playing many characters..? If so then i dunno the answer.. It seems people find a certain character they enjoy and stick with it, mostly.. Personally i find it awkward to learn more than 1 or 2 characters, also having fewer means i put more time and effort into learning and evolving their playstyles.. Hope that answered your question-ish..

As for the Metaknights.. I call tier whoring.. If it starts getting out of hand ill probably call for a soft ban on him to reduce numbers however.. Although it hasnt really changed the face of our scene currently as most players are capable on dealing with Metaknight as their mains.. Im hoping it stays that way, but either way i enjoy the challenge of a good Metaknight (bar Vlade).. Also note that most people use Metaknight as a counter or secondary character, I attempted to put players mains names first when listing them..

Ive updated the character list for everyone who's toons i was uncertain of.. Thanks heaps for the feedback and updates peeps.. As for another tourney in the future.. Who knows..? But i would prefer trying to organise one in Perth for future tourneys as it is more central to everyones travel needs..

Vlade i can get there as early as neccesary.. 11 or 12 is fine by me just let me know.. I could probably have the cash onhand if needed also..

BLAH..!

Vlade

Social Outcast
I like having 31 people. Bigger pot, bigger challenge, better tournament.

If everyone wants I could make this a doubles-only tournament.

But in the next school holidays when I'm free for a whole sunday I plan on doing doubles and singles in one day.

EDIT: Should I allow DDD's small-step chaingrab?

Try not to be Bias.

EDIT2: Is everyone satisfied with my ruleset (especially stages)?

Top Bottom