• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Toby.

Smash Master
We have a toon link player, but he doesn't usually place very high.

And richard so what if we have some bad characters placing well? :p The point of my mentioning those characters was to show we aren't simply a metaknight / falco / snake region.

Shaya uses the entire top tier, as does scoot, so they balance it out nicely anyhow.

And yeah Pokemon Trainer is the god of low tier :)

Richard7

Smash Ace
And richard so what if we have some bad characters placing well? :p The point of my mentioning those characters was to show we aren't simply a metaknight / falco / snake region.
I wasn't suggesting anything about people in the eastern states playing those characters, I just found it strange, mainly because I think the characters I mentioned are crap.

In my opinion, the tier list isn't very accurate either.

Toby.

Smash Master
We use crap characters simply because we like them. Meteor loves the mother series, and the novelty value of pokemon trainer was just toooo goooood.

We didn't decide our mains on who was the best. That having been said, we still usually place top 4 so I don't feel that it has hindered us that much.

:)

Toby.

Smash Master
PT is screwed over by like half the cast. I'm used to it. Tbh I wouldn't be using ivysaur much/at all against bowser anyway, so it probably doesn't affect me as much as you'd expect.

His options vs squirtle and zard are still good though.

And yeah boozer is gooood.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
*High Five*

I have this plan where you, Vermiis, aK (another nsw PT) and I get together at a single tournament such as Rocky and have epic poke'battles on pokemon stadium 1 and 2.

=)
I propose Character crews!

We use crap characters simply because we like them. Meteor loves the mother series, and the novelty value of pokemon trainer was just toooo goooood.

We didn't decide our mains on who was the best. That having been said, we still usually place top 4 so I don't feel that it has hindered us that much.

:)
I usually place top 7, I don't get enough human practice. We should hold a few smashfests just for friendlies.

Too bad PT is screwed over by Bowsers grab releases (lol at infinite on ivysaur)
Bowser has one too!? Man, first Yoshi...

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
Lucas used in tournaments to get top 8?

HA HA HA.
pfft. you under estimate lucas.

I'm ghessing everyone here besides the mywii.com.au people don't know how good lucas is.
I'm a lucas player. shaya you want to brawl online. ishow you my ranga lucas AKA clous.

and i rep snake! lucas and pit! and ganon! and IC! dw bout the others...:ohwell:

edit:

@ mic

Whatever you say, Scoot.

you added that quote in and changed your dp.

edit: NVM. the above "thing" stuffed up.

Muzga

Smash Ace
For the record that looks nothing like mic, i have no idea where you pulled any shred of likeness between them from.
All main-talk aside who here is pumped for sunday?

Ghnaschnakoff

Smash Journeyman
All main-talk aside who here is pumped for sunday?
I AM! Well, for RFLAN atleast. Lol
Hopefully they'll cancel the Wii Tennis and replace it with Brawl like last time. And hopefully this time it's better than "All items, FD only" like last time (which I won :p).

skillskillfiretruck

Smash Journeyman
in the group of 8ths and 9ths. I was really so terribly choosing the wrong characters and stages...

hopefully i get to verse lord bowser nexttime... and jupz.... and marteh again.... etc. I want to verse vlade again next time in the tourney. I am well prepared.

EDIT: ey lord bowser , you play wifi. want to add? I'll show you how badly i pewn bowser. with snake, pit and lucas, then i'll try IC

Alzi

Smash Master
Imo.

Lord Bowser, Jupz, Vlade > You

lol. Not sure about Marteh haven't even seen him play. Lord Bowser plays bowser really well for a character that is huge and fat and ugly and has a massive shell on it's back with a ugly mouth.*Purposly disses bowser :p*

I was really hoping to vs, riot, sam, elton, marteh, jupz, muzga, mic and Ghnasch at the tourney 1 vs 1 friendlies.

tcranter i was born on the east side of Australia maybe thats why i'm so bad at brawl lol.

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Heh.. always seeing people who make excuses for losing or say they should of done SO much better.. Look just take it on the chin that you were outplayed or made a stupid mistake and prove yourself next tourney.. Talking smack or up-ending yourself as i like to say really doesnt work in your favour unless you have the skills to back them up.. Prepare for mockery if you dont..

Brandishing aside.. Ive updated the perth tourneys thread and am really looking forward to escaping reality for just one day and catching up with you all.. Hopefully this time i get a chance to also vs those of you i havent yet.. Lifts will be available to and from the train station so let me know if you need a ride via mobile (0458125849).. Dont forget to arrive early to get in some more freeplay because all freetime wil be cutoff once the tourney starts.. ;)

Also dont be worried about skillfiretruck.. Honestly for all his talk seeing him was a bit anticlimatic and thankfully he is nothing like that irl and commendibly he is also not a bad player.. Just learn to talk less smack is my only advice.. Anyways last post from me till the weekend so dont forget to check the tourney thread and update you or your friends status/ subscriptions..

BLAH..!

ps- Gonna start a petition for Ric to officially main Luigi cause it suits his unstable character chosings.. Start signing..

Alzi

Smash Master
Oh the me being bad at brawl part it was more to tcranter as a joke by calling him bad at brawl since i said i was born on the east thats why i'm bad at brawl which means everyone from the east is bad at brawl heheh :p

Doesn't Richard main wario? Or is Wario more like a metaknight to him to counterpick well. IMO Richard is very smart with his choice of stage and character during tourneys.

Jupz

Smash Master
Ehh guys I've just suddenly got really busy like friends are coming to visit me from out of Perth and relatives are coming, plus I haven't started my homework yet. I may not be able to come :(

Muzga

Smash Ace
@skillz and other perthian 14 year olds
place in the top 4 at least once before you talk big,
otherwise the talk is baseless:p
@tcranter
Oh, and for the record new south wales sucks donkey teeth
Jigglypuff>Pokemon trainer
How about that!?

Just come jupz.. seriously, be one of the cool kids!
Peer pressure is awesome!

Toby.

Smash Master
Well if he was talking to me the only time I haven't placed in the top four was in my very first tournament...I came fifth.

Since then I've come fourth once and second twice, so I think I do ok?

Anyway tournament results don't matter. All the power Mic and I need will come from the poke'music.

But who am I kidding?

Perth > NSW

And with that I'll leave you to your thread. Take it easy guys :)

Muzga

Smash Ace
post has been edited for clarity-- wasnt talking about you.
so anyone have any idea if richard is coming this sunday?

Alzi

Smash Master
Jono and I's team was going to be called **** then vlade said it's taken so we just called ourselves sexy brawlers + ****.

Before when jono used link in our team battles we where called triforce rapers now he uses Dedede in our team battles. I think it might of changed again now. 0_0

I was born in NSW just a random fact about me for everyone.

Muzga

Smash Ace
In case anyone is actually interested on sunday im gonna be listening to liquid tension experiment on my mp3 player. Paradigm shift is such a good song!

So vlades not coming.. This improves my chances of coming second:D
I've been practising for once,
Anyone besides samuel or richard (if he comes) who wants an MM is welcome to it:D

Jupz

Smash Master
Yeah lord Bowser im up for a rematch :)
5 bucks again?

Who else wants an MM?

Oh yeah I'm coming to the tourney with a friend

Top Bottom