• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

MTGod

Smash Champion
^That's a Tiger flight by the way. Virgin Blue was around $450 booked very early. Qantas were being tools and wouldn't go lower than $700, but that being said we were travelling on the school holidays I guess.

Next tournament is looking to be the 19th of December, but if we have guests outside of that date you can bet that there will be smashfests :p

EDIT: Lolrick. Between you and Buff we have like, one third of a black guy :p

Corpsecreate

Smash Lord
Actually it was a Jetstar flight that was price-matched with Tigers price.

Massive extreme pwnage cool supreme epicly awesomely supremely beast if zxv comes over ;)

Hater

Smash Ace
lol rofl i dont know if you where there at the time but i remember playing my ipod to give jesse and marteh incentive to leave faster ^^

Braddles

Smash Apprentice
2 exams down gangsters =) 1 more on thursday then its gg for me.. Then the only thing i have on my schedule is work over the holdiays (which is more flexible than techno's sister) so im good for participation =) Also, I might try and get some fests together in the next coming months

Technodeath

Smash Champion
My sister is 13, might want to watch out :p

Not from me, but from the police. lol.

I take it you'll be in Perth during the next coming months, I'm moving down in January, WHICH IS GOING TO BE ****ING AWESOME.

Technodeath

Smash Champion
Yeah, I don't look black, but my mother is and I'm only like 1/4 or 1/8 or whatever.

Other than that, the closest we have to a black guy is Hater, who is white, but acts the part

Richard7

Smash Ace
I was just saying the other day that we need more black people in smash.

I'll see what flights I can cook up. If I'm planning on going, it'll most likely be planning for Febuary or April.
Well if you're gonna come in April you may as well wait till June (or July, cant remember) cus thats when eastern invasion 3 is (otherwise known as lights out).

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Yeah, I don't look black, but my mother is and I'm only like 1/4 or 1/8 or whatever.

Other than that, the closest we have to a black guy is Hater, who is white, but acts the part
Fun fact, according to rumours I'm 1/4 aboriginal, of course I don't believe this and anyone who's seen me won't believe it either :p.

Thus I am potentially the blackest guy in Perth smash scene, which would be strange cause aren't black people good at games?

And yeah Bryte Ric has a point, come down for our "national" (lolololol), beat Corpsecreate this time and let everyone over East praise you like a king ^_^

MTGod

Smash Champion
I have a bandanna, which clearly makes me 1/2 bendito. Anyway, come Lights Out I'm going to be the person to beat, so watch out croo!

MTGod

Smash Champion
NP man, thanks for having us. I don't think I actually thanked you lawl, my bad.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Not for a while yet. AFAIK exact date is uncertain, but they're looking around the mid year holidays. In the meantime, squash :D?

Pete278

Smash Lord
And like I said, he's out of arguments so has reduced to namecalling. Luke, if you've got nothing about stages to add, drop it and move on.

Pete, normally I'd be down for trying anything, but it's basically Icicle Mountain 2.0. the only thing that rumble has that's better than it is that it doesn't suddenly reverse direction. But that's like saying being run down by person X is better because unlike person Y they don't then reverse over you.
No, you're wrong, Mic. If someone hits you, chances are, you'll survive, but if they reverse back over you, you're probably going to suffer some major long-term injuries at the least, with a good chance of death.

Braddles

Smash Apprentice
@Jesse, yeh man for sure, i haven't played in agesssss... *Idea* If your going to be North of the river sometime I'll arrange a date and we can go to the courts near mine, it's in scarborough, or we can go to another one i dont mind at all, then we can play some brawl after or something?

Richard7

Smash Ace
No, you're wrong, Mic. If someone hits you, chances are, you'll survive, but if they reverse back over you, you're probably going to suffer some major long-term injuries at the least, with a good chance of death.
Am the only one who finds it strange that you quoted Mic from a post that was made hundreds of pages ago?? And tbh I actually don't remember reading those pages in the slightest, maybe I was still in hospital.

MTGod

Smash Champion
@Brad: yeah sounds good man. It seems like these days the brawling has moved to my house, though, so if I set up some smash here then we can play the Squash at Blue Gum. Otherwise next time one of the Northies has a smash meet I'll shoot you a text and see if you're up for a hit-up. DW, I haven't played in ages either, and I'm pretty sure I haven't done any cardio for a while either, so chances are I won't last long :p Ugh, need to get back into exercise now that Summer's up =_="

@Rick: I agree.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Where have you been the last 4 months Pete?

And yeah, that's exactly what would happen. Which is why I said that being run over then reversed over would be worse than just being run over.

Marty: You free anytime during the week of the 22nd? Zelda practice/Castle Crashers!

Pete278

Smash Lord
There's a clear difference between 'in hospital for a month or two' and 'dead', though, which your comparison does not imply, rather, it implies the opposite, i.e. that the difference is trivial.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
So you dug up a four month+ post just to point that out? Nothing else going on, huh Pete?

Braddles

Smash Apprentice
chances are I won't last long :p
Whoa Jesse a bit off topic there =D

But yeh i can come to bluegum if need be, we'll arrange a time and get it sorted! Im as fit a wild snorlax atm so we're in the same boat.

@Techno, i know that loneliness all too well, practicing teleport cancels with Zelda and lvl9'ing it for hours..

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Where have you been the last 4 months Pete?

And yeah, that's exactly what would happen. Which is why I said that being run over then reversed over would be worse than just being run over.

Marty: You free anytime during the week of the 22nd? Zelda practice/Castle Crashers!
Yeah Mic Jesse's doing TP now since he's had so much time :p

But I'm always free for castle crashers and Perfect dark. Pretty sure Im free Monday and Wednesday that week

Top Bottom