• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

MTGod

Smash Champion
It's okay - being a Zelda joke we can probably glitch our way out of it somehow.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
- Sheild drops bomb
- Crouch stabs using the Action button as well
- Z target
- Waits a sec or two
- Sheild drop
- Backflip

Always the best option

MTGod

Smash Champion
Come on guys, you seem to have lost your bearings here, so let's get back on topic.

As I mentioned on MSN, 19th December is open for a tournament (and is the only available date in Dec). As for January, every date except the 23rd is available. I'll definitely be grabbing the 19th Dec, but as for January any preferences? I am leaning towards the 2nd, 16th and 30th of Jan.

Fuzz

Smash Apprentice
I think we should have one in Jan on the 9th because nothing else important is on that day.
I see what you did there,
Also i will be doing something for my birthday on one of the december weekends. Planmaking will begin once my exam is finished and at least a few of you are sure to be invited

but trav isnt allowed near my couches.
Seriously hell have to work to get his couch license back
>:p

True Romance

Smash Ace
Kane graciously lent it to me, I would never do such a thing, the man is a God. He holds fests for us with provided drinks, he gave me his stick, he dates models, he buys steam games for others, he tries to legitimise the fighting game scene in Perth, has a wicked sense of humour and he paid for half of the Bowser plushie, the Bowser plushie man!

He is everything I aspire to be, full homo.
Humanity needs Buff's female redundancy science to develop so that we can have children with your looks and my willingness to bust a move for love and peace.

They'd rule the world.

Can't wait to get down in November to game with you guys again, make sure you youngsters actually do some study now so when I'm in Perth during your exam period I can get some gaming in.

Much love.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Caught the subtle pun there Andy, nice work.

Anyway, it's booked for the 19th anyway - tbh if we don't have it that day we won't get another tourney til January which IMO is pretty bad :( As long as we get 14 people it should be fine ;)

Didn't get what you mean there Trav, you'll have to elaborate. My mind-reading powers only extend to others south of the river :p

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
There's nothing to get because nothing at all, of any importance whatsoever, is happening on the 9th.

I'll probably make my debut at RFLAN, so I don't think i'll be at the tournament on the 19th.

True Romance

Smash Ace
You're coming down from 19th to the 27th yeah? I leave for leavers on the 20th and don't come back til either the 25th or the 27th (gotta find out), pretty lame.
Yeah I'm also down for most of December so we'll catch up at some stage.

Take it from some one who has won more tournaments at RF then I can even remember, unless you specifically go there to play a certain game it's not particularly inspiring.

It's the hottest, smelliest, most socially ******** place in Perth for 2 days lol.

True Romance

Smash Ace
Hopefully I'll be able to catch up with you at some point, Kane.

Would be nice. Can't say the same for your perspective on seeing me again though.
Huh?

Anyways I'm down 10th of December, in Perth and then go back to port the 3rd of Jan. So I should be able to catch up with everyone in either November or December.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Yup, 19th December is a definite - as for January I haven't had any objections to any date other than Trav's mindgames which I'm just going to dismiss for now :p That being said, the 2nd of Jan will probably not be a wise choice given that New Year's day will be post New Year's Eve parties, which means the 2nd will be a recovery day for most. In order to avoid having back-to-back tournaments, we can space it out with one either on the 9th or 16th, and one on the 30th.

HOWEVER (a fairly big however, mind you) WAICON is on the 29th/30th of Jan!!! Which means I would highly doubt we'd get more than 4 people showing up at a smash tournament held elsewhere. Therefore would it be wise to hold our second January tournament at Waicon? I don't know how to go about this - I was hoping Mic would have some contacts from Supanova to set it up, but we may have left it too late though :O

So, feedback, yesh :p?

MTGod

Smash Champion
That's the question we're going to have to weigh up - TBH I don't particularly want to run it (though I'd help out if someone was), and from what I saw last year they organised one on their own that we could *ahem* utilise for our own gain :p I guess one proper tournament for January is enough considering the lack of availability otherwise. Still open to more feedback on the matter.

Top Bottom