• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

MTGod

Smash Champion
You can never have enough Bair with GaW, however he does have so many other useful attacks that you can use to mix-up as Bair is punishable when predicted. Nair (fishbowl) is AMAZING if the opponent's are slightly above you or on large/heavy characters, also a good option to follow up out of UpB. If they are too far above you, spam Uair - hitting with the windbox (which extends vertically up the screen) refreshes your move IIRC. Dair as well is good as you can control horizontal momentum easily to make the move safer yada yada yada... Pretty much all of GaW moves are amazing, it's just about mixing them up :p

Trav knows more about GaW than me though, so his advice would be more credible :p

Braddles

Smash Apprentice
Your credibility is well adequate =D I don't think i'll be playing him at the next tournie, but maybe.. Could anyone post a link to the current tier listings? cheers

Vlade

Social Outcast
I think bair is a bad move if the opponent knows how to deal with it, there are frames when it's inactive and most of the top tier cast can shield drop jab or something during those frames

Zero

Smash Hero
I think bair is a bad move if the opponent knows how to deal with it, there are frames when it's inactive and most of the top tier cast can shield drop jab or something during those frames
This is bull****.

GnW Frame Data thread said:
Back Aerial
Frame Breakdown:
• 1-9 Startup
• 10-11 Hitbox out
• 13-14 Hitbox out
• 16-17 Hitbox out
• 19-20 Hitbox out
• 22-23 Hitbox out
• 24-39 Aerial cooldown
Shield drop is 7 frames. Unless you perfect shield, let go instantly, and have a 1 frame jab (no one in top tier), that's impossible.

If a GnW spaces it right at the tip, it's going to be incredibly hard to deal with on shield.

Zero

Smash Hero
First uploader comment.

Unfortunately, this video is incredibly misleading for a couple of reasons. First off, spacing was practically non-existent, and the turtle was commonly performed point blank in these examples. Also, there was literally no timing variation in when the turtle was executed. It was practically always done immediately out of a full hop. Lastly, and likely most importantly, air control during the aerial was not shown. Turtle is good. It was still an informative and good video, despite all this.
There was not one bair in that video spaced at max range.

swordsaint

Smash Master
Being spaced doesn't mean ****

it still goes inactive before it hits the ground and is ****ing easy to hit

Falco ***** it on shield even when it is spaced.

it is so

easy

to punish.

Zero

Smash Hero
Being spaced doesn't mean ****

it still goes inactive before it hits the ground and is ****ing easy to hit

Falco ***** it on shield even when it is spaced.

it is so

easy

to punish.
You have heard of fast falling, right? To eliminate the 15 frames of cooldown? Basic AT.

Just because ZSS can punish grounded shuttle loop on shield doesn't make grounded shuttle loop an amazing move.

Still doesn't mean you can't SDI it and punish it
True.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Snake can just have a grenade I believe... ****ing grenades...

SO ANYWAY gonna see if Warren's back in Perth tomorrow; try and get him to commit to two tourneys a month over the holidays :D We -may- have to have back to back tourneys depending on the Church's availabilities - is everyone okay with this?

MTGod

Smash Champion
Alister, you will probably be able to afford it due to your placings :p I'm sure we'll get an increase in numbers for the holidays...

Daaaaamn why do I have to work to earn moneeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!?!?!?!

MTGod

Smash Champion
I have faith that we will get more than 16 ^^ I reckon we'll be averaging 20 people.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Did you see the turnout for the last tournament?
Exams being the major contributing factor to such a turnout, and hence why we aren't having any tournaments in November. Come December we should have (most of) the entire scene involved, plus it's our best chance for new recruits given that there will be students who have a lot of free time to fill up all of a sudden. Chucking up some more posters in the city and also at other game stores in shopping centres would help, especially since we have an easier medium to advertise through than Smashboards (being Facebook).

Vlade

Social Outcast
Groups are much easier to check though since on the left of the home feed there isn't an option for facebook pages you've "liked"

Yeah I'm being nitpicky :S

MTGod

Smash Champion
Don't you get updates from pages though? You only really want to check them when they're updated ;)

And you can search for it in the top search bar.

Braddles

Smash Apprentice
Well guys, im continuing to use G&W's Snapping Turtle so let it be punished!! Do we have a marth player in Perth?? Hes always been my alt, but im rly starting to play him a bit more, does he have a viable chain grab in some match-ups or no?
@Techno, yeh have fun at Jakes man, they've only just got back into it but you'll see they have potential =) Jake seems to hang around the lower tiers but link doesn't.. Are you the notorious smoke player on MK3?? I've heard legends, all the MK games there are mine, im a sub-zero player and shang tsung when im feeling classy for morph comboing =3 Next time im up we'll have a marathon of fun..
BTW, does anyone here own crash nitro cart for GC?? It is what Diddy Kong Racing was to MarioKart 64, BETTER.. It is insanely good, actually challenging for a racing game..
Anyway, peace out gangsters

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Well guys, im continuing to use G&W's Snapping Turtle so let it be punished!! Do we have a marth player in Perth?? Hes always been my alt, but im rly starting to play him a bit more, does he have a viable chain grab in some match-ups or no?
Marth really lacks Chain grabs, only exception is Falco who he can chain grab to around 26% into a tipper F Smash

At 0% one of Marth's grab's can be thrown into a tipper F-Smash (Forward throw or Down throw depends on the character) to get around 25% although don't go looking for this as you will be punished

He's got a beast grab release on Ness and Lucas where one grab can equal death if the Ness and Lucas don't know how to avoid it (I'm not sure myself)

On MetaKnight he has a grab release into fair, dash attack or dolphin slash. (He needs something decent against this prick)

And on Wario a grab release can lead to a Up Smash, Dolphin Slash, Uair or a tipper Fair from memory

Technodeath

Smash Champion
@Techno, yeh have fun at Jakes man, they've only just got back into it but you'll see they have potential =) Jake seems to hang around the lower tiers but link doesn't.. Are you the notorious smoke player on MK3?? I've heard legends, all the MK games there are mine, im a sub-zero player and shang tsung when im feeling classy for morph comboing =3 Next time im up we'll have a marathon of fun..
Yeah, I went around yesterday afternoon. Was pretty beastly fun.
I won most of, if not all the 1v1 matches, but only lost on free for alls.
Since Zeb was also there.

I noticed that Jake mainly plays Olimar and ZSS, and that Link plays Toon Link, and a couple of others.. He seems to jump around a little. They however, both do have a lot of potential, so it'll be good to see how they turn out. Noticing how good they are at other games, they should be able to beast this pretty soon.

As far as the MK3 rumors go.. They're all false :p I've practically never played it, well I have.. But I don't play it at all. I don't even know who I like, and I don't know how the buttons work in the game, so eh.. I can give it a shot though. and I do look forward to this marathon of fun.

Edit: Killer Instinct on the SNES for best fighter.

Do you know when you'll be up next, bro?

Top Bottom