• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Lol how can you D-throw a TL that's jumping constantly with like 3 projectiles coming at you. I mean Luke's good at Tech chasing at all, but I honestly don't see that as a decent way of beating Sam...

My opinion though, I'm not a great Snake player either.
Not on Brawl anyway.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Yo, welcome to the scene, I'm Trav one of the main tournament organisers and voted sexiest man in the scene. I'll see you guys on Sunday.

Also there are quite a few of us here who play competitive pokemon, including me.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Lol ok, I didn't realise he did B-throw/Whatever-throw instead, I thought you meant go for more grabs in general.
But I d-throw even when I shouldn't.
Like, C4's exploding on me, I like it.
I lost an entire tournament because of a combination of that, and Frigate being Frigate.

I share your pain, Vlade. </3

Alzi

Smash Master
He was doing it to me in the friendlies luke and I had. I don't know if he was playing serious though i wasn't playing serious either but i can say he still won't beat sam. If he thinks he can then he should proove me wrong. ;)

Leisha did you get all the coins then miss out on that last coin near the end of the stage by going through the star thing? I hope you did.. lol.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I've always used dthrow, if I wasnt using it against sam then I have no idea why, unless your talking about us playing him in doubles, in which case there was a very good reason why.

probably just me being a ******, like how I did a run off bair stage spike on him, except somehow I did a fair instead (I still dont see how I did that considering I would have used the c stick for the bair).
the only thing sadder then that, was corpse then immdiatly punishing my fair with a dair, spiking me, and then having mic yell out, thats how you spike, because he clearly thought I was trying to spike corpse... tsk tsk tsk.

Vermy

Smash Champion
There will be a big jump from galaxy to galaxy 2 that's why I can't wait for galaxy 2. Galaxy is already amazing and they just made that game even more amazing with galaxy 2.

There's only one purple coin challenge that really pissed me off. It's the one where there's a moving platform and you must collect EVERY coin you see. And the gravity goes sideways/upside down at times, which involves jumping as well. Man I hated that stage so much. There's also a coin on the left, so if you go to the right hand side, you stuffed up since you can't go back lol. Hope you experience this bad, bad, bad stage the way I did.

I actually thought you were only joking Swordsaint when you said that. You are a legit player anyway.

Perthites? You learn something new every day. =D

But Tibs beats Shaya and Ted so it's all good. <3 ;)

Lol nice Swordsaint, I like it.

Now perth scene has a kirby in it....I hate Kirbys, but oh well what can you do? He still plays Toon Link so it's all good. Corpse has to somehow amaze him to stick with Toon Link.

Luke you won't beat Sam, you don't know how to play against a Toon Link.
Both Shaya and Ted have beaten Tibs before, get your facts straight.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
and yeah I wasnt really trying in our friendlys because I could tell you werent trying, also you shouldnt keep doing that double jump bomb throw down ****, its so punishable, espcially against snake.

also lay off vermy scoot, he's just doing my job for me cause he's a nice guy.

Alzi

Smash Master
I have made some Allies. <3

To be honest luke i was testing a few things as i always to in my friendlies well most of them. It was my only chance to vs a good snake so i was seeing how i should be playing the Match up. It would of been more campy with better spacing and diffrent mix ups but i didn't want to go to the extreme since it would of taken awhile and i hate it when brawl friendlies take ages so i try and speed it up. But i can tell you probally would of ***** me in a serious match anyway. The East is like filled up with Vlade's and Richard everywhere.

I think Leisha is having a intrest in my jackie chan skills as kung fu skillz kinda falls under the same heading.

My new master btw. :)

Vermy

Smash Champion
Hey Vermy...you should learn to English as well. My tag is 'swordsaint'. Alzi got that right. ^_^ Also, lay off Alzi. =/
You brought this on yourself, Scoot.
"swordsaint" may be your tag, but use of it in a sentence means it's a proper noun, ergo the capitalisation of the first letter. Lawyered.

Lay off Alzi?

A) I'm bored.
B) No.
C) Alzi would much rather I lay on him. ;)

Alzi

Smash Master
I could of reported most your post but i'm not that kinda guy. So it would be better if you just keep it classy Vermy and not recieve any infraction points.

Nova

Banned via Warnings
Alzi, Chu is not interested in you.
You E-stalker.

ALSO! Alzi I beat you with my Snake easily.
twss.
Whatever.
Point is, I beat you. =D
And I suck. <3

Vermy

Smash Champion

I could of reported most your post but I'm not that kinda guy.
It's "would have" and "could have". When people write "would've", "could've" and "should've" the apostrophe and the "ve" are in replacement of the word "have". The capitalisation of the letter I is self explanatory.

So it would be better if you just keep it classy Vermy and not receive any infraction points.
"I" before "E", except after "C". With when it sounds "eigh" like in "neighbour" and "weigh".

Your threats mean nothing. I'm correcting sentences in a passive manner, whilst teaching you the importance of grammar. Life lessons, my friend. Infraction worthy? Hardly. If anything, I deserve an award for humanitarianism.

And no, Richard you have not. But I welcome your love. *opens arms* Embrace me, child.

Alzi

Smash Master
Alzi, Chu is not interested in you.
You E-stalker.

ALSO! Alzi I beat you with my Snake easily.
twss.
Whatever.
Point is, I beat you. =D
And I suck. <3
How is talking about mario galaxy stalking? lol. Unless you put it into weird words like. Have you been to my galaxy? It has toon links doing lightning kicks everywhere with jackie chan and master oogway on it eating luma's. :S

Yeah you did beat me in those friendlies Nova. You play a very nice shiek way better then wifi. :laugh:

Ahh i seriously should of gone second day. I was playing serious in pools though. Scabe is just so good with link.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Ahh i seriously should have gone the second day.
Were you not listening to me? I'm trying to help you. I should report you for this.

Oh I know it's a good thing, Scoot. ;)
In Luke's absence I felt the need to pick up the slack.

I had this conversation about Nando's the other week. Chicken is a plain tasting meat. The best chicken breast is nowhere near as flavoursome as the best steak. Nando's is as good as chicken gets, but chicken isn't amazing. Steak is.

Top Bottom