• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Hey muzga count me in for your sunday brawl.. Ive been itching to throw out some Olimar punishment lately.. If youd like the next tourney can be held at my (hopefully) new rental so eah ill keep yall informed..

BLAH..!

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
I demand that WA represents on the East Coast at the next major national tournament. Bring Bringer so him, Jei, Rune, DJ Cat and I can combine to become the ultimate Yoshi crew in existence.

Muzga

Smash Ace
Depending on what happens you can maybe count me in for that!

Anyway, i promise official post soon (im lazy)

Vlade

Social Outcast
I was thinking, if anyone has a video camera(s) we could record our matches that way. Just plug it into the tv via cables and toggle the settings to fix it specifically to the camera.

Or I might buy a dazzle platinum.

We need matches to be recorded next time!

EDIT: I'm gonna buy one

Alzi

Smash Master
Ok it's official that i will be coming to the next tourney and i will be entering singles. Hope sam enjoys him self when he see's another toon link player at the tourney.

Also Vlade will you be recording everything since i want some people to rate my toon link on the toon link boards?

Riot_ Fires

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys any news on the state qualifiers for this gotgames tourney..? Read it will be held durin the JAN - Feb months but just wanted to know when and by whom or even where.. My thoughts are to chip in for a hall or sumthing and get in some decent tvs too.. Anyways have a good new year peeps ill catch yall then..

Also.. Pikmin crew > Yoshi crew.. just need to find more Olimar players... >_>

Vlade

Social Outcast
Too bad everyone's given up on beating sam - attendances haven't been great lately :(

Anyway look forward to hearing what you have to say CAO. I'd still be able to attend the state qualifiers even though I didn't play one match in the ladder, right? :p

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Wow thats a very long soon Muzga :p

Anyway I should be at the next tournament, and hopefully will be able to bring a video camera (sorry no direct record). I also might be able to bring a mate this time. Which leads me to ask, will this one have doubles?

Muzga

Smash Ace
SMASHAROO 5!!!
Big fat sacks of yayuh for everyone!!

*** Sunday, jauary 11th ***

*** 9 Parin Road - Marangaroo ***

If possible, please bring your Wii + Brawl. This will ensure we have enough time for all the events. Thank you!:D (thanks for the template nivvsy)

Entrance:
$5 to enter in to each tournament (Melee and Brawl singles), $10 for teams ($5 each), as much as you want for pokemon mm's! If you don’t want to enter you are still welcome to come down and watch/play some non tournament matches or some pokeymanz.

FOR SIGNUPS PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH TOURNAMENTS YOU WILL BE ENTERING, NOT JUST IF YOU CAN ATTEND.

Signup:
In order to register, please contact me (andre) on 0421 744 909 or let me know in this forum or via PM, once I have received confirmation of your entry I will add you to the list. Please try to let me know as soon as possible, it can be quite difficult to organize brackets with odd numbers – especially when I’m unsure of the final amount of people turning up.

Start time:
12 noon – it is recommended that you arrive at least half an hour early though, so we are able to begin on schedule, I will be there from 9:00 am setting up. if anyone wants to come and help, come early to bring recording gear or play a few friendlies before the tourny starts, its your call. all help is appreciated!

All prizes:
80/20 1st + 2nd place

Melee Singles Rules:
General:
- Bring your own controller, or ensure someone is bringing one for you. Tournament staff are not resposible for providing extra controllers.
- Good behaviour is expected; if tournament staff deems that you are causing trouble in this fashion, you will be kicked out of the tournament without refund.
- Controllers: see MLG rules (no modifications aside from cosmetic changes, no programmed buttons)
- No pausing during a match.
- No infinite stall/freeze glitches (ie: Peach's Wallbombing, Jigglypuff's rising pound, Ice Climber freeze glitch, etc). If you use these in a match, you forfeit that match. If one of these tactics is used on you for the purpose of stalling the match, pause the game and call for tournament staff.
- Once a match has been announced, it must be started within 5 minutes. If one or more of the participants does not show up within the 5 minutes, they forfeit the match.
- Prizes: 80/20 1st/2nd
- No friendlies will be allowed during any part of the tournament, unless staff relax the rules. Players caught playing friendlies during busy tournament sessions will be warned. It would be more appropriate to friendly people outside the tournament date.
- Money Matches are allowed to take place where possible.
- Spectators are welcome.

Match rules:
- All matches are 4 stock, 8 minute time limit
- Dave's Modified Stupid Rule: No stage may be used twice in a single set if the player choosing already won on that stage
- Stage Knock-out: Each player (or team, in teams) may choose to eliminate one of the legal stages (neutral OR counterpick) to be chosen at the beginning of the set.
- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters
- Double blind pick may be called at any time (the only time this is useful is, before players choose their first initial character, before the first game starts).

- Neutral stages:

Fountain of Dreams
Dream Land 64
Battlefield
Yoshi's Story
Final Destination
Pokemon Stadium

- Counterpick stages: Any neutral stage, plus

Rainbow Cruise
Green Greens
Corneria
Brinstar
Mute City
Poke Floats
Donkey Kong 64
- Any other stage is BANNED

Brawl Doubles Rules:

Each match will be 3 stock 8 minute time limit.

Items are off.

Team attack is on.

Life Stealing is allowed.

All stalling - including the MK infinite cape glitch - is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs must end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling. (citation from the SBR recommended rule list)

Controller Port Placement:
Controller ports will be determined in a 1221 fashion, if a debate arises over who takes what port, it shall be settled by rock paper scissors.

Each set will be decided through a best of 3 series of games with the Advanced Slobs counter-picking system. The format of this system is as follows:

For the first game of the set, both teams announce their characters that they will be using – this can be done without the other team knowing (optional).
The map is decided in one of two ways, if both teams are able to agree on a starter map then that one will be played, if the players are unable to agree on a map then it shall be decided through the game’s random function, which only contains maps on the starter list.

For the second and third game, the format is a bit different. The loser of the previous game first picks the map that will be played, this can be from the starter or counter-pick list. Once the map has been selected the winner of the previous game chooses their character, the loser – who has chosen the map – chooses their character last.

The Starter and Counter-pick stage list is as follows:

Starter Stages
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Delfino Plaza

Counterpick Stages
Rainbow Ride
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Luigis Mansion
Great Sea
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Jungle Japes
Battleship Halberd
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet
Pictochat
Mario Circuit
Onett
Green Greens
Green Hill Zone
Bridge of Eldin
Corneria
Hanenbow
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld

BANNED
All other stages

Brawl Singles Rules:
Each match will be 3 stock 8 minute time limit. Items are off.

Each set will be decided through a best of 3 series of games with the Advanced Slobs counter-picking system. The format of this system is as follows:

For the first game of the set, both players announce their character that they will be using without the other player knowing (optional).
The map is decided in one of two ways, if both players are able to agree on a neutral map then that one will be played, if the players are unable to agree on a map then it shall be decided through the game’s random function, which only contains maps on the neutral list.

For the second and third game, the format is a bit different. The loser of the previous game first picks the map that will be played, this can be from the neutral or counter-pick list. Once the map has been selected the winner of the previous game chooses their character, the loser – who has chosen the map – chooses their character last.

The Neutral and Counter-pick stage list is as follows:

Neutral Stages:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Yoshi's Island
Lylat Cruise
Smashville

Counterpick Stages:
Pokemon Stadium (Melee)
Luigis Mansion
Great Sea
Norfair
Frigate Orpheon
Yoshi's Island (Melee)
Jungle Japes
Battleship Halberd
Rainbow Ride
Brinstar
Pokemon Stadium 2
Distant Planet(D)
Pictochat
Green Greens
Delfino Plaza (D)
Mario Circuit (D)
Onett (D)
Green Greens (D)
Green Hill Zone (D)
Bridge of Eldin (D)
Corneria (D)
Hanenbow (N)
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld

BANNED
All other stages

*(D) signifies the stage is not selectable if someone is using Dedede, unless both players agree.
*(N) signifies the stage is awesome and can be counterpicked by anyone ^_^

*In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors

*No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players

*No player may choose a stage they have already won on in that set unless agreed upon by both players

* Metaknight's Infinite Cape glitch is banned.

* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser.

* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.

* Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.

* Stalling is banned.

Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while doing an infinite grab endlessly against a wall is. Any infinite chain grabs most end quickly after 300% has been reached so as to prevent excessive stalling.

FOR SIGNUPS PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH TOURNAMENTS YOU WILL BE ENTERING, NOT JUST IF YOU CAN ATTEND.

Melee entrants:
Corpsecreate
Nivvay
Marteh

Brawl doubles entrants:

Team godot
Team electroplankton
Victory is our destiny
Alex+glenn
Marteh+dean

Partner-less:

Brawl singles entrants:

Muzga
Corpsecreate
Matt
Mc Nivvy wivvington
Vlade
Mic
Marteh
Alex
Glenn
Travis
Riot_fires (WOOOOOOO! BOB!)
Alan
Richard (i am willing to bet you 20 dollars that this will make absolutely no difference to the eventual turnout)

Anyone interested in a best of 3 pokeyman moneymatch with the standard 6v6 OU ruleset:

Muzga
Vlade

Muzga

Smash Ace
someone bring a tv OPLZOPLZOPLZ. its a lot to get through with just one tv
If you can, please do!

Alzi

Smash Master
I will have to double check if i can come, Although the place is really close to me and if i do come i'll only be entering singles. I won't be able to bring my wii or brawl either so sorry about that. Nice to see we have recording aswell.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Count me in for brawl singles and doubles, and if I feel like it I'll enter melee singles as well.
If you're not going to be teaming with bob, would you care to team with me muzga?

Put me down for those 'interested in pokemon MM's'.

I'll bring the recording equipment too, just please make sure you have a power supply for my laptop.

I'll try my absolute hardest to bring a tv, but the chances are quite small. I'll see how heavy it is and let you know about the situation since it is quite difficult to carry one on the bus :p

EDIT: Since it's an old tv, it's too long at the back, which means I can't carry it. Sorry :(
EDIT2: Actually, we'll see.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I'll try and get there as early as I can. I'm gonna need some practise for when I go to melbourne in a few weeks XD

ichigo601

Smash Apprentice
hey long time no see, good idea having it on a sunday, hopefully get a good tournout, anyway me(alex) and my bro glenn can make it count us in for brawl singles and brawl doubles, also might be bringing couple mates as well

Muzga

Smash Ace
oh my got mic! its BATHEARST!
youve got mad taste!:D

i dont think ill go over for the gotgames, but after that im saving to go interstated for the next major singles brawl tournament. Perth brawlers own everyone else! players here are actually good enough to beat any scrubby old metaknight:p

you dont hear anyone over here complaining:p

New additions have been added to the list

We also need wii+brawls!
Currently we only have mine

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Add me in for all 3 categories, even if I haven't played melee for the best part of a year :p
Also add my mate dean in for Brawl singles/doubles. Me and Dean are going to team together. Oh and I can bring a Wii/Brawl if needed.

Muzga

Smash Ace
wii+brawl would be sweet marteh!! any more confirmations for tvs? and we need some more team names!

Muzga

Smash Ace
Also, just a reminder to everyone who may be interested!
Pokemon MMs ARE being held!

Top Bottom