• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[WA] Perth Smash Thread

Vlade

Social Outcast
Trill you've gotta tick the 'show signature' box, look towards the bottom right of the message box that you type in for a quick reply.

Just don't post your sig if it's bigger than your actual post, otherwise you could get nailed with a signature violation infraction

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
I moderate when there are complaints that get sent to my inbox, so really, it's a community response. Just for your information. Plus, there are rules, the place is worse off without moderation, etc.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Indeed I am :p Translag website says it's a 25 minute train ride, so considering we need to get there before 10am I'm gonna get to CBridge Stn at about 9.20am (train apparently leaves from there at 9.23am)... It'll get to Bob's at roughly 9.48am... I'll be walking to the Stn from my house, too, so I'll probably leave my house at about 9am just to be sure...

Pete278

Smash Lord
Not saying I've reported anyone here, but on other forums, its been awfully annoying when someone posts a one line post with a sig that goes on for eternities.

Hobobloke

Atemon Game
Ric, Cao's doing the right thing, it's his job to uphold the rules of SWF and without those rules this place it would be a lot worse off, if we all simply follow the rules there's no reason we should ever be bothered by it.

Btw anyone who wants a soundwave ticket (I swear someone said they wanted one at Kanes) I know a guy who's selling his for $100, pretty sweet considering their like $150 normally.

Tails.

Smash Journeyman
@trav, that would be me. Graeme and I kept talking about it. Wish I had the money, **** it.

@Marteh how much is an all day ticket? Where the feck do I get them. I really should know this since I've been catching the bus for over 5 years.

cHeWe

Smash Apprentice
just realized glenns been stealing my yellow, white, red wires. He reckons he lost em at last tourney any1 have an extra set of wires, or where there some left at urs kane?

MTGod

Smash Champion
Dayrider from memory is about $9 (definitely under $10 unless they've decided to up the price for some reason... IMO get a Dayrider if you're going to be doing the whole thing (Squash --> Bob's --> Andre's --> Home = 3 train trips for me, possibly +2 bus trips for you Tails)... Purchase them on the bus or at the ticket machines at the train stns on the day... Gotta have cash moneys to buy them though :p I'll be getting one, since I don't have concession (thus it'll make it at least $3.40 each trip - yeah, Perth thinks that by making it more expensive to use the train than drive, it'll encourage more people to use the train... Well done Perth...)

That would mean someone from the perth smash scene cares if someone's sig is bigger than their post! There's a traitor amongst us!
Nope, Cao's checking here more because Andre (rightfully) reported Alzi's post/s... Now Alzi's banned, but who knows for how long??? *Fade to black, roll credits*

MTGod

Smash Champion
Solution to crybabies who think train is expensive:

Get a smartrider.

I often get the train for free because I get a bus to the station.
Looks like Vlade's still stuck in his safe little cocoon of being a high school student... It costs $3.40 for a one way trip from Canning Bridge into the City on a Smartrider... I didn't get student concession because Curtin doesn't renew it every time (admittedly my fault, but I wasn't about to go to Uni to renew it just to use it once or twice during the holidays), and even with the concession it's still over $2 one way...

And, by the way, at Bull Creek Stn (not sure about other stns) they charge for parking at the park and ride... So you're paying to park your car AND the train ride into the city...

EDIT: SQUASH WITH US TAILS!!!!!!!! S!QUASH WITH US INTO OBLIVION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

True Romance

Smash Ace
Get real jobs you scrubs, and I don't wanna here any "I'm too young/in school/uni/etc" johns. Worst comes to worst prostitute yourself out at nights, I found it was a great way to stay in money whilst at school.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
just realized glenns been stealing my yellow, white, red wires. He reckons he lost em at last tourney any1 have an extra set of wires, or where there some left at urs kane?
Wow Glenn strikes again.

Btw anyone who wants a soundwave ticket (I swear someone said they wanted one at Kanes) I know a guy who's selling his for $100, pretty sweet considering their like $150 normally.
OOOHHH PICK ME! IM OPEN PICK ME!
Really though Im interested in said purchase.

If you're concession day riders are about 3.20
And Im still on 50c fares <3

MTGod

Smash Champion
Posting from the laggiest computer in the universe...

Good to see so many people down for tomorrow: Myself, Trav, Andre, Marty, Mic, Josh, Bob and poss Nile :p Anyone else thinking of coming down :D???

I tried to prostitute myself and ended up losing money on the bus fair there and back.
People at work gave me weird looks when I fell off my chair laughing at that :p

Jupz

Smash Master
its obv fox lolz

I also like Mario but fox is slightly more fun atm :p

actually i probably would use marth but I dont have a memory card :(

Jupz

Smash Master
Well I haven't ever played before. So I'm just sitting there spamming my Nairs Bairs and Lasers and trying to get comfortable at gimping (and failing and suiciding) and half the time when I try to short hop I full hop :(

So my lasers get all screwed up. I think I did a tiny wavedash like about roll distance a few times. you just press jump then immediately airdodge into the ground at an angle right? Dunno about L-cancelling yet.

Also how do you cancel shine? lol cause its got heaps of lag time.

also its ******** how long it takes to drop your shield in melee lol ill get used to it eventually.

once i figure out how **** hard fox is ill probably stop. but i needz a memory card to get marth.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Learn L-Cancelling. It's the MOST important thing in the game

The shine can be cancelled with a jump. This means that you can wavedash out of shine because it is essentially a jump into an airdodge in the ground. You can also jump cancel grab and usmash out of shine as well.

Wavedashing out of shield helps deal with the lag and allows you to punish things that might normally won't be possible.

Jupz

Smash Master
Ok, I guess I'll go someone like bowser and Bair into the ground and practice L-cancelling cause its easier to see then with Foxs aerials cause they have pretty little lag anyway.

Vlade

Social Outcast
There's still a noticeable difference though

Like if you L-cancel them you can true combo into shine with dair, bair and nair which also means you can't be shieldgrabbed because shine comes out frame one and the shield stun from the aerial means the grab can't come out until the frame you can shine.

EDIT: I suggest practising L cancelling dair on a crate or something, because the timing varies greatly since its a multihit move. In fact you should practise L cancelling all aerials on a crate lol and then shine immediately after. You should know if you L-cancelled correctly or not

Jupz

Smash Master
Nah we actually have about 6 people who play lol. We could possibly have 8 man side tourneys. We should at least have one or two setups going for melee IMO :p

Top Bottom