• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Volt Tackle Videos: Replay Archive + Critique Thread

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I meant to get the glitch where I land with no lag, not the lightstep. I know there are 2 slightly different positionings to get either the lightstep or the landing, though.

Cassio

Smash Master
Ok, heres all my recorded videos from E4U:

vs Willyo (Diddy)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4PSfJ6gpq4

vs Vato (Diddy, MK)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wNREcuTZ5Y&hd=1 - match 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZpf-ArNtdI&hd=1 - match 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UzaTDDW-co&hd=1 - match 3

I like my set vs Willyo more in terms of how I performed (aside from beginning of first match). But I think its also likely that I was more pressured by vato since playing better players tends to push my technical skill more and causes me to make more technical errors. Not sure though. Either way I appreciate any advice on my pika or on the diddy MU. I can already see things I need to work on like predictable QA's and thunders.

Volt_Storm_7

Smash Journeyman
First of all, you're not adapted to QA cancels, Vees. The rule is if you're not use to it, don't do it, unless you know you can. Second, be smarter about how you need to kill. For diddy, take his banana and qa throw them, most people still don't know that we can do that. For mk, punish his landings, especially nado. Try to avoid upsmash because after many trial and errors, I finally realized that was my problem. Other than those, keep playing, Vees

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
QA banana toss is pretty bad considering how slow banana toss is. Now you have phantom lag, and you can be punished heavily for it. I don't think it is worth it.

Cassio

Smash Master
Thanks guys. And yeah, willyo said something like that right after. I died at least twice from being hit out of QA with banana + other damage from both sets. Youre right it seems so enticing bc banana throw is so slow :( I'll have to start thinking about that.

Also apparently they were recording from two TVs, so theres a lot of stuff recorded from Z and some other pikas. Im going to post all the videos.

Singles

Z
Winners Bracket Round 4 - Z vs Leepuff
Losers Bracket Round 7 - Z vs Shiro
Losers Bracket Round 8 - Z vs Anuar

Doubles

Truth/Doll
Winners Bracket Round 1 - Truth/Doll vs K9/Kiraflax

NGage
Winners Bracket Round 1 - Ngage/Stridez (green) vs Zyx/J (blue)
Losers Bracket Round 2 - Ngage/Stridez (green) vs Excel/Frost (red)
Losers Bracket Round 3 - Ngage/Stridez (green) vs K9/JKiraflax (red)

Z
Winner Bracket Round 2 - Z/Falln (red) vs K9/Kiraflax (green)
Winners Bracket Round 4 - Z/Falln (red) vs Fow/Tyrant (blue)
Loser Bracket Round 6 - Z/Falln (red) vs Teba/Boa (blue)
Losers Bracket Round 7 - Z/Falln (red) vs Tearbear/Havok (green)

*Cam*

Smash Lord
I have some matches against Micaelis's that will probably be uploaded in the next few days. I hope some Pika can find the time to give me some feedback on them. I would greatly appreciate it at least :)

Cassio

Smash Master
I think FD can be a sort of ok stage vs ICs if youre amazing at killing nana with thunder. Lylat is absolutely terrible though.

Also L I dont think you should be getting beat by dsync ice blocks like that. If theres enough distance you can just hold jab, especially if you have a lead. Keep an eye on popo, and dont be afraid to use your double jump to jolt an IC thats dsyncing blocks as long as you have an exit route with Quick Attack, the worst that should happen is getting hit by a uair from being read but at least youre not getting ice blocked for 8 minutes. More stuff too but tired...ask again later.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Meh, ICs are a pain. I like dittos more, they are fun and I outskill almost everybody so I shouldn't lose too often.

Alphicans

Smash Hero

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
You have no excuse ****ing up the inputs of grab combos. They are the same on every character (Although some F-throws you need to run farther, but MKs is easy). If it's %, yeah fine that works.

Yo, reading this in Kaiba's voice is awesome.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
You have no excuse ****ing up the inputs of grab combos. They are the same on every character (Although some F-throws you need to run farther, but MKs is easy). If it's %, yeah fine that works.

Yo, reading this in Kaiba's voice is awesome.
Then it's some odd psychological block for me, cause I rarely **** it up vs other characters :/.

Cassio

Smash Master
idc what anyone says, uair is pikachus best move and smashville is his worst neutral. Oh, and learn to recognize when hes semi-trapped into landing onto an fsmash. That mostly comes from experimentation and experience with fsmashing landings. (in regards to marth vids)

So my advice is use uair more efficiently and stop going to SV especially against marth.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
It depends what neutral list you are using. IMO Yoshis is worse for more MUs.

Uair is probably Pika's best move, yeah. Nair/Dair/D-smash follow suit.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
^, cept dsmash isn't so good when people know how to DI it and escape with like no damage, still good when it shield pokes though. Thunder is pika's best move after uair and nair. It's like the widest range projectile in the game.

ElNoNombreHombre

Smash Journeyman
^, cept dsmash isn't so good when people know how to DI it and escape with like no damage, still good when it shield pokes though. Thunder is pika's best move after uair and nair. It's like the widest range projectile in the game.
It's also the ONLY move in the game that does not originate from the character.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I got bored game 1, but here are a few things.

You do a lot of random D-smashes that aren't really good...
Stop approaching in the air when they are in front of you with uair, use more fair in those situations

Yeah, that's about it. I get bored watching Pikachus play @_@

PZ

Smash Lord

Stop approaching in the air when they are in front of you with uair, use more fair in those situations

Is Atney's pika boring?
Btw ESAM is right it is not an amazing move.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Every Pikachu is boring short of the one japanese one because he did a few things that I stole. Everybody else isn't enjoyable to watch (Short of some of kprime/Z's sets). I can't really enjoy Pikachu matches considering people either play him wrong or get outsmarted and I get mad when that happens since I put myself in the Pikachu's situation and people do stupid things sometimes (even me, I just do it less so)

PZ

Smash Lord
Every Pikachu is boring short of the one japanese one because he did a few things that I stole. Everybody else isn't enjoyable to watch (Short of some of kprime/Z's sets). I can't really enjoy Pikachu matches considering people either play him wrong or get outsmarted and I get mad when that happens since I put myself in the Pikachu's situation and people do stupid things sometimes (even me, I just do it less so)
Flawlessly.Right.EverytimeESAM

PikaForLife

Smash Apprentice

thanks, i dont know why i used dsmash so often and bad but i will stop doing that.

i can understand this.. we just dont play enough and are lazy as ****. but i already decided that i will beat Mr.R next tourney or atleast take 1 match from him so time for some pika training! *turns on wii*

Top Bottom