• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Volt Tackle Videos: Replay Archive + Critique Thread

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Oh, and idk if you edgeguarded with T-jolts, but do that. If Marth uses his DJ he will most likely aim to sweetspot the ledge with his up-b. If you throw a t-jolt (ball form) out right over the ledge (BARELY don't hit the stage with it) you should be able to hit him out of it and juggle him a few times to get free damage. Also, when he is already on the ledge, respect him, but be close enough for ledge pressure. Pivot F-smash is godlike against Marth on the ledge...you can see me do it in any video against him.

BooN

Smash Rookie
Can anyone help me out how to play against peach. I main diddy kong and pikachu so far. But no matter what character I am, I ALWAYS get ***** by a peach it's so ****ing annoying, I try camping with jolts, but she finds away around and just short hops and hovers and slap me around. I try QAC but just get popped with a turnip. I just really need to know are these bad matchups? I beat a peach before by using my secondary Marth, but it was barely a tipped d smash got the kill. But 90% of the time I get dominated.

Please someone tell me how to play against Peach, with pikachu, or in general.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I mean, if you have a marth and want to dedicate some time to marth, I'd use him vs peach over pretty much anyone cept MK.

BooN

Smash Rookie
I mean, if you have a marth and want to dedicate some time to marth, I'd use him vs peach over pretty much anyone cept MK.
I could make marth my 3rd main. I am a very good spacer. I always out space other Marth's. But I want to be able to try my best with pikachu and win or at least come close. Just basically know how to play so the odds are in my favor.

Cassio

Smash Master
Nordal gave a write-up on the MU thread thats close to the last page.

Once you learn to deal with peachs fair the MU becomes significantly easier. She shouldnt be allowed to toss it out freely and especially not on your shield, and you shouldnt be getting hit by it too often unless youre being read frequently. A peach that makes smart use of dair can be a pain, but its manageable.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123

Roller

Smash Legend
Excuse me, but Anther shall forever be my favorite squirrel, and no one can take his place. Ever.

ESAM's rat is decent enough to watch in doubles nowadays tho.

BOXINGKING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BOXINGKING
Every Pikachu is boring short of the one japanese one because he did a few things that I stole. Everybody else isn't enjoyable to watch (Short of some of kprime/Z's sets). I can't really enjoy Pikachu matches considering people either play him wrong or get outsmarted and I get mad when that happens since I put myself in the Pikachu's situation and people do stupid things sometimes (even me, I just do it less so)
Once every 2 months i will search for pikachu play/sets and whoever wrote the message above(was that esam?)is right! I quit smash in early 2010, so every time i look for gameplay im expecting pikachu players to have taken pikachu to the next level... but im always slightly disappointed! why cant someone just come out of nowhere and be amazing?it seems that this doesnt happen anymore.

I have to be honest with you guys, in the beginning (Esam will back me up on this) Their were only like 5 high level pika players. Anther,Esam,Myself,yone stealth and kprime(this was in 2008). Then every other month a new great pika would come along. in europe people had already crowned me best pika.. but Pepito told me about Miquel so i watched him and i was like wow hes good i have to step my game up or his gona surpass me. Esam was known as the second best pikachu player in the usa and out of nowhere pikapika and Z came along! then people started questioning who was the best in usa. so the competition was healthy and the players were reaching new levels all the time

Who has been here long enough to remember Esams infamous quote?he said it to pikapika or z.. i cant remember..i think he said something like this:
"We spoke and we decided we are both second best pika in the usa" lol. i think this happened after a tourney or a match between one of those two players i mentioned. So during these times pikachu was great and players who mained snake ,MK DIDDY and other characters didnt no how to deal with the little rat cause he was amazing.. if used properly!

To conclude:
The most important thing is that these pikas were entertaining and always trying new things... thats why i think that esam mentioned the word "boring" on the last page because it seems that even though the games been out for years people haven't learnt the hidden powers of pikachu.

P.S
The players i mentioned including myself were the old guard.. so who are the new pikachu players who are competing to dethrone esam?please link me to some of their tourney matches or general matches i am interested to see what people have learnt!

I made a video a long time ago regarding this topic so it has been bothering me for some time!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ocOxH-QKYSY

PZ

Smash Lord
Everytime I watch that video it makes me miss shawa more...:<
Besides ESAM there really isnt any other as consistent pro pika but if there was ever one like anther or esam who just went to tournies consistantly then I would think there be more...K Prime play more!!! your in Texas for peetsake<.<
Anyway props to ESAM for keeping a spot in top 5 pika for all these years and finally dominating when anther left.

BOXINGKING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BOXINGKING
Everytime I watch that video it makes me miss shawa more...:<
Besides ESAM there really isnt any other as consistent pro pika but if there was ever one like anther or esam who just went to tournies consistantly then I would think there be more...K Prime play more!!! your in Texas for peetsake<.<
Anyway props to ESAM for keeping a spot in top 5 pika for all these years and finally dominating when anther left.
So ru guys trying to tell me that after all this time.. esam is the only high level pikachu now? dam! how things have changed!
Thats a shame, people on youtube are always telling me to upload pikachu videos so they can learn.. but i dont play. like anther we are both in our 20's and in the real world you have to get a job and pay bills! that's why its very difficult to play video games when you have other responsibilities (unless you get paid to play videos games/win money from tournies). Not to mention the fact that Nintendo never release download packs with new content. it kinda gets boring playing the same game for years and years.. i guess people move on to playing other games.

Maybe when the new wii U comes out followed by a new smash game.. the pikachu scene will be great again! Im pretty sure i will dust of my pad (lets hope you can use a gamecube pad on WII U!)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
No, there are plenty of high level Pikachus, but I'm the only top level Pikachu. After me there is a significant gap, then Z is 2nd by a decent gap, and then KPrime for 3rd. After that, nobody that would place top 45 at a national going Pika only, IMO.

In other news, I should have videos of me up relatively soon from Xanadu. You can watch me lose to perfect MK (Or M2K with a good controller) and do good in doubles.

Cassio

Smash Master
ESAM I shed a tear when I saw you challenge glide attack with fsmash over and over @_@

Bking this is no offense to pikas of the past, but pika is nowhere near as poorly represented as he was during anther times. Sure some pikas had some cool styles, but after anther it wouldve been a stretch to call anyone else high level for a long time. As for challenging ESAM the closest person is probably Z, in the last 9 months hes been making consistently strong improvements and is the only one putting in the effort to achieve that sort of task. Its too much time though, every pika whos achieved high-top level play mained him for years and had the ability to play the game and enter tournaments a ton. Thats a relatively small pool of players. Its a lot of effort and the only rewards is that it seems pikachu is one of the more consistent characters even for top tier.

BOXINGKING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BOXINGKING
ESAM I shed a tear when I saw you challenge glide attack with fsmash over and over @_@

Bking this is no offense to pikas of the past, but pika is nowhere near as poorly represented as he was during anther times. Sure some pikas had some cool styles, but after anther it wouldve been a stretch to call anyone else high level for a long time. As for challenging ESAM the closest person is probably Z, in the last 9 months hes been making consistently strong improvements and is the only one putting in the effort to achieve that sort of task. Its too much time though, every pika whos achieved high-top level play mained him for years and had the ability to play the game and enter tournaments a ton. Thats a relatively small pool of players. Its a lot of effort and the only rewards is that it seems pikachu is one of the more consistent characters even for top tier.
Well i cant speak for the pikachu players who have been going to tournaments for years and stil haven't improved but i can speak on behalf myself. I believe that if u have the natural talent to play the character along with alot of practice and dedication you can reach high level pikachu play. If i wasnt so lazy and took brawl seriously and travelled to holland and france to play the likes of mr-r leon,glotonny theirs always a high chance of improving your skill and knowledge on opposing characters. Also the advice of fellow pikachu players can also help you improve.

Esam was good in 2008 cause he had the natural skill. we all know he never went to major tourneys until a couple years later. When he did he started to compete against the best competition and reached new heights and surprised alot of people. I have to give esam props because in 2009 he told me that,him, myself and anther were pretty close in terms of skill but he he said within the next year he will fly right past both anther and myself which he did! lol so he's confidence and non stop practicing and dedication paid off! he is now doing what no other pikachu has ever did (especially in terms of tourney placements).

I personally think that decision making one of the most important things in smash.you can reach the highest level with your character but if you dont make the right decisions during play it can be ur downfall. One of my biggest downfalls was being too aggressive. even when i'm winning i will still be going gunhoe to win a match as quickly as possible. I'm European and alot of Europeans play this way. its just our style to attack !approach! attack! it makes for a good watch i guess but true champions have to be a little bit more versatile and have different tactics.

i chose not to play competitively (i went to 2 offline tourneys in london and placed top 4 in both but because i had a job/university i could never practice and was always rusty when tournaments came along so i decided to quit)

tbh i probably would have had a different attitude if i lived in America because their is so much competition over their! Me and kasper (falco main) had this conversation a couple of months ago, i would have loved to play the likes of m2k and ally and the rest of those guys. Even though i hate dittos me vs esam or anther would have been great to play and no doubt people would like to watch matches like that especially if your a pika main.

Bottom line is that if u dont play and compete u get sloppy. someone showed me a match of anther playing in 2011 so i watched it. it was noting like the old anther he was making loads of mistakes and looked quite predictable( one of the negatives of not playing on a consistent basis)

(because of university and having a job) i ended up playing brawl once a month to not playing at all and thats how its stayed to this current day!

I plan to make my last ever brawl video next month( its been 8 months since my last one) with a wario called Glutonny. i dont no if u heard of him but his skill level is out of this world. I'll link it here when im done.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
Viper :falco: Vs The Pikachu Boards.

Viper Vs Pheonix Lord :pikachu2: (1) (2)
Viper Vs Ipresa :pikachu2:(1)(2) (3)
Viper Vs PikaPika! :pikachu2: (1) (2) (3)

Coming soon the rest of the Pika boarders. I am coming for you ESAM when you get back to FL.

I mean no offence the players i played. they were great and i dont know if i would be able to beat them in a rematch. I also mean no offence to the rest of the pika boarders. To ESAM by that i mean coming to you so you can teach me the MU better

BOXINGKING

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BOXINGKING
My last video for this season with Glutonny as promised!
You were right esam.. i am actually intrigued to see what Glutonny can do against the American players
he is bar far the best player in europe so if he comes down with mr-r and a few others they should do well. mr-r always improves after losing big matches.. so when he goes back to usa he will place better 4sure.

wario revelations with Glutonny.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yoB7vM_HFh8

This set was recorded last week so its pretty new.

Top Bottom