• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vman's Yoshi (Forever) *New Videos* (CV Released)

Dark Iori Yagami

Smash Lord
My only advice is to get better opponents in the Gannon as well as younglink portions of your vids. They are going way to easy on you in my opinion. The ganon isn't spacing enough, and younglink was way to slow.

Without a doubt though your yoshi is amazingly sick

leffen

Smash Champion
Wow sorry man, was really drunk when I wrote the critique and i didnt mean to offend any1 D:
Though my point is kinda correct anyway, he didnt use a any late dairs whatsoever, maybe im just used to people always doing in PAL since we have weak hit dair... i dunno. Maybe I just pointed it out that way because the title said "parrying footage" ( kinda implying that you focus on the parrying, idk... ) and that i've never realised Axe never uses late dairs.

My point is tho: <3 the parrying, just realize that it will be ALOT harder to ever get a parry opportunity if your opponent just spams late dairs ( he doesnt even need to switch it up, even if ur in the air or whatever yoshi has NO options that beat late dairs ). Oh and I guess tips to axe is to work more with delaying the dair, atm you almost always hit him with weak hits, nair or dair ( when he is on the ground ofc ).

"on the critique and advice.. I will take most of these ideas/and try considering them.. ^^ the only one I KNOW I WON'T is the "slow my Yoshi" down/less technical stuff.. (even though you are probably right) I know the way I am, and it's not gonna happen.. I like the fast/technical way I play, and I can't see myself slowing down"

Where did I say that? I thought I implied that you could SPEED IT UP ;D I myself play faster and with more technical stuff than you do atm, though it was a pain implementing some things, I defiently think its worth it! :D
Imho aggressive play is really underrated, just look at players like Mango, Shiz, Axe etc , nothing ****s ur opponent up like pure aggression ;>

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
@Rubyiris - but if Vman pulls an Axe and actually starts adapting to tournament-style play (which I know he will), then it's way more amazing than if he got recognition with Falco or another good character.

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
what the hell is parrying with yoshi?

he can just eat hits without taking damage?!?!

and stick with yoshi man

your like the only good one in the states

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
@Rubyiris - but if Vman pulls an Axe and actually starts adapting to tournament-style play (which I know he will), then it's way more amazing than if he got recognition with Falco or another good character.
or he can play falco, and ditch this ****ty *** character.

Zone

Smash Champion
Yeah my Zelda is trash so I quit her. Glad to see you stick to your guns. I agree support is key to motivation. All my friends hate fighting my Zelda so I end up being forced to play high tier so they can have more fun. I've had alot of ragers too who lose to my zelda i never get props unless I'm fighting a big name and then I always come up just short of winning.

I need to move I'm surrounded by unmotivation with this game.

Sometimes I get nice comments but then someone immediately shuts it down. Although probably right it's unnerving.

Btw sick matches v-man definitely improvement since I last watched you like when you were first starting lol.

AXE 09

Smash Master
All my friends hate fighting my Zelda so I end up being forced to play high tier so they can have more fun.

I need to move I'm surrounded by unmotivation with this game.

Sometimes I get nice comments but then someone immediately shuts it down. Although probably right it's unnerving.
Holy crap dude this is EXACTLY the situation I'm in right now. Back where I used to live, people used to actually encourage my Pikachu, which gave me the motivation to make it into what it is today. Ever since I moved to Phoenix though, it's been exactly how you described. It's so freakin dumb and pisses me off.

I think if you want to play a low tiers, it helps A LOT to train with people who encourage your characters. I was lucky and had Vman for a while, but now that we live so far apart, I'm not getting the encouragement that I had. I can't really play Pikachu anymore cuz everyone hates fighting it, and it sux because I REALLY want to play him. Honestly sometimes I feel like I'd rather not play at all if I can't play Pikachu. At this rate, I might retire.

Stevo

Smash Champion
Holy crap dude this is EXACTLY the situation I'm in right now. Back where I used to live, people used to actually encourage my Pikachu, which gave me the motivation to make it into what it is today. Ever since I moved to Phoenix though, it's been exactly how you described. It's so freakin dumb and pisses me off.

I think if you want to play a low tiers, it helps A LOT to train with people who encourage your characters. I was lucky and had Vman for a while, but now that we live so far apart, I'm not getting the encouragement that I had. I can't really play Pikachu anymore cuz everyone hates fighting it, and it sux because I REALLY want to play him. Honestly sometimes I feel like I'd rather not play at all if I can't play Pikachu. At this rate, I might retire.
noooooooo don't do it

come live in Canada, we'll encourage you!

(we finally got 5$ footlongs at subway *hinthintnudgenudge*)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Axe - =( That sucks, I know what you mean though. I mean I'm not a low tier main by any means but I always try to practice them and everyone just tells me to give them fox practice or something to justify me not playing the low tier I wanted to try out.

I really hope you keep playing pikachu honestly, its the scariest thing I played at Apex when I played you and Taj in friendlies and it was by far the most entertaining to watch. I tell Vman to play who he has most fun with I hope you do the same Axe :)

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
@Tec0: Maaaaaan. I used to just want to go to tournaments and go random characters and people always complaaaaaaained.

I guess going low tiers in tournament when you are a top/high tier main and going low tiers in friendlies is different though... :laugh:

On a side note: Sea Green it is.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
LOL yea Cactus xD.

If you want though you can play me in friendlies with whoever the hell you want :laugh:

And I dig the sea green. I used pale green before so I think that works too :)

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
@Tec0: Maaaaaan. I used to just want to go to tournaments and go random characters and people always complaaaaaaained.

I guess going low tiers in tournament when you are a top/high tier main and going low tiers in friendlies is different though... :laugh:
You can go low tiers on me all you want. My ICs would enjoy beating up on your Roy. :)

Takeover1806

Smash Champion
Vman are you ever going back to mewtwo? lol

btw nice combo vid.

@Axe those are people with scrub mentalities, they just getting mad because they're getting ***** so hard.

Zone

Smash Champion
we live so far apart, I'm not getting the encouragement that I had. I can't really play Pikachu anymore cuz everyone hates fighting it, and it sux because I REALLY want to play him. Honestly sometimes I feel like I'd rather not play at all if I can't play Pikachu. At this rate, I might retire.
That blows I should move to AZ so my low tier skills will +3 and perhaps get more motivation.

Top Bottom