• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vman's Yoshi (Forever) *New Videos* (CV Released)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
I'm having such a tough time debating with myself.. especially since Axe has left my area... so the practice hasn't been as constant... however.. great people such as "Rooktionary" were stationed at our military base and stayed for a bit.. and I did anything I could to get him ready before he moves to WA.. to play with players such as SilentWolf, Kaostar, Eggz, and more...

Anyway... I'm debating on whether to keep playing Yoshi, or perhaps lead my path towards Falco again.. like I originally started.... I just can't come up with an answer.. ><; *sigh* if anyone wouldn't mind.. what do YOU all think... My main goal is ENTERTAINMENT... I guess I just don't know how to do it... :(

anyway here they are... Please advise/critique... on Rooktionary... and myself too if you'd like.. We'd both like any help received.. :)

you all are soo kind and supportive.. It means alot.. (I know I keep saying this) BUT IT REALLY DOES!.. <3
Updated OP... more matches vs Axe... finally added parrying into my game for keeps...hope you all enjoy

NEWEST!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDNM4Ojvyoc <---- vs Axe Falco
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVbdG2cXrQM <---- vs Axe Fox
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cd7IbzmNb4o <---- vs Axe Pikachu

These above ^^^^^^ are the newest I've had so far and I hope to continue more.. ^^ thanks everyone for the support ^^

New Yoshi videos - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=damWQ7OHjdw
New Falco Videos - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TVFbP3xnMM

*sigh* allrite it took a few days to get them all uploaded.. but I have all the recent videos.. I've had uploaded... please any/everyone.. please take a gander at em.. and lemme know any advice... (specially with Luigi) that's such a weird matchup.. ><' anyway here you all go... ^^ Enjoy!

Vs Rooktionary (Fox) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=damWQ7OHjdw
Vs Nicknyte (Ganon) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4lF4lWVwnQ
Vs Nicknyte (Luigi) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmwX65FKkak

Hope everyone likes... ^^

Rate/Comment/Critique/etc.. ^^

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!

leffen

Smash Champion
Dont quit yoshi ;D Im sad to say that I myself, have not played him much lately. Though I intend to start playing more yoshi again :D

Quick tips, ill prob add more later.

You need to work on your edge guarding, a bit, in general you read too much, in multiple cases you should just react.
- When fox is recovering low, regain invincibility by a quick ledgehop -> waveland back onto the ledge. When he starts to travel with his up b, drop and jump half a second before he would reach the edge and hold towards the stage. If he tries to go just above the edge/ sweetspot then you simply nair him after djccing the hit or nair during the invincibility.
Since your holding towards the stage you can dj cancel onto the stage if you see him going high, so you will have enough time to dsmash / dtilt him for the gimp.If is sloping mad hard then you will have time to quickly edgehog him too :D
During your matches you usually jumped way too early / naired too late ( you should barely make it on stage ) and as a result u dropped a few edge guards.
Oh and at lower percents I prefer bairing instead of nairing since it combos into dsmash :D

- If you hit him with eggs when hes offstage then your best bet is to get back on stage as quickly as possible, so you can just react and punish instant illusions with dsmash, and its overall easier to edgeguard him if he is up b'ing relatively high/far away from the edge.

- Sometimes you have a guaranteed kill with fsmash from jab resets / grabs , but instead you nair. This is probably a conscious choice though.

- Possibly cc abit more, and definitely play around with shielding on platforms some ( Lightshielding +shield dropping raaapes :D ).

Btw I'm currently a Falco/ Yoshi main :D ( Im prob gonna use fox vs peach because playing falco vs armada is fkn suicide xD ), though I've not used yoshi in tournaments yet.
<3

mrtracy

Smash Journeyman
vman! i love watching these yoshi updates man, and here's my 2 cents for what it's worth. if you're going for entertainment value, it's hands down yoshi. everyone loves watching players rep the low tiers, and you're a talented and charismatic enough player to really hold the crowds' attention. my favorite players have always been the guys who worked their ***** off bringing terrible characters up to a competitive level, and i'm sure i'm not alone in that sentiment when half the damn population plays fox/falco/top tier etc. if you're going for entertainment value, stick with yoshi, because you've got it in spades.

황미영

Smash Champion
Pretty please, continue playing Yoshi. I love how you play. Leffen pretty much covered what you would need to work on. By the way, those resets are sexy as hell.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
Playing the game will honestly be a lot more fun as falco than it would playing Yoshi. Doesn't mean you can't throw him out when people start talking trash or for funsies.

Nogzor'z

Smash Journeyman
If you enjoy playing falco, then by all means use him more often. Don't limit your smash abilities to just Yoshi, like I do.
I'm having such a tough time debating with myself.. especially since Axe has left my area... so the practice hasn't been as constant...
I've been in this position many times (as you may already know), and I've had thoughts of thinking that playing yoshi is obsolete and I should use someone else. But as many other people have said, Using falco more doesn't mean you can't throw yoshi out once in a while

D

Deleted member

Removed by Moderator

Last edited by a moderator:

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Yoshi would be the equivalent of a cheese rush in Starcraft. It's only effective against unprepared players.

D

Deleted member

any tard can play falco and mash buttons. if money is your agenda, play the bird. if you goal is literally anything else, stick to yoshi. you're the first person since 2003 to make him look playable.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
@ all the comments.. man, I wish I could've responded to each of you... I just got off work... yeah I'm not really trying to make this dramatic.. even... but.. Like i've stated before... I'm really debating on what I want/need to do... I'm having doubts... and it's ironic.. (because Axe went through this same process with Pikachu.. and look where he's gone) I helped him get thru this dilemma... and now.. I guess it's starting to hit me....

I guess you could say i'm a bit nervous.. everyone.. knows how to play Falco.. that I might need to play Yoshi... you know, just at least until EVERYONE knows how to fight him...

Also any/everyone.. thank you for the advice.. I appreciate it so much.. I wanna make you all proud :)

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Umbreon... do you still play Mewtwo? Zelda? Was/Still.. a fan of yours.. :)

just asking...^^; thanks again for the support too... btw.. it means alot...

and that goes to all of you... <3

D

Deleted member

I still play but I don't travel for smash much anymore. The only person I get to play with really is Chu and he won't play melee with me anymore since he'd rather just play brawl and beat me outright.

And yes, I still play Zelda. I haven't played Mewtwo since I ditto'd Taj last, and if we played it now it would be a waste of time.

If you want, we can talk on aim about your debate. I'm good at getting people to rationalize for themselves. I should be on later tonight (EC time) because the_cape is coming over to play me and we burn a lot of time in between sets usually.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^Yikes.. tell Cape I said what's up... and I hope his Marth/Mario.. are coming along well... (you should tell him I still think he should stay Mario.. he's really good w/him.. :)

anyway, yeah man anytime.. i'm usually always on aim! ^^; and hopefully some ideas can pop up..

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
^ that's a large thing I was thinking... Like.. there certain setups, I'm really good at making sure my opponents don't come back on the stage... however there are others, that I just don't feel.. perfect with.. and even though, no player/character is perfect.. a single mistake w/Yoshi... can cause hectic.. ><; so yeah.. it was running thru my head.. also.... I've been experimenting with other things as well.. that I don't think people realize, i'm/Yoshi is capable of,

I'll actually be uploading about 2-3 more sets of videos... with my Yoshi vs various players around my area.. so more Yoshi on the way, and i'll see what others think too ^^;

I appreciate the comments/support Stevo.. ^^ It really means alot to me.. :) I'll do my best...

Thanks again man! ^^ ur awesome..

leffen

Smash Champion
edgeguarding is kinda hard technical with yoshi :<
But its really good when you learn the invi-wavedash, reverse eggs ( beast against marth/ fox /puff etc ).
and you should really perfect running of nair / bair / fair, and dropping from edge bair, they are all really good vs spacies :) Yoshi has sooo much potential, its sick!

more yoshi videos :))

strawhats

Smash Master
any tard can play falco and mash buttons. if money is your agenda, play the bird. if you goal is literally anything else, stick to yoshi. you're the first person since 2003 to make him look playable.
well in America at least. Europe's mind trick and svampen have been hoding yoshi down since Fumi retired.

leffen

Smash Champion
yeah honestly.... I love vman and he is awesome, but everyone saying that HE makes yoshi playable, HE pushes him beyond the character etc really just havent watched other yoshis like me, nogzorz and mindtrick. Its not clear at all whos the best yoshi ( as for he plays really flashy amg amg, he plays much slower / less technical than me ;) ).
I need more videos tho :)

yoshi is 2 fkn good.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
edgeguarding is kinda hard technical with yoshi :<
But its really good when you learn the invi-wavedash, reverse eggs ( beast against marth/ fox /puff etc ).
and you should really perfect running of nair / bair / fair, and dropping from edge bair, they are all really good vs spacies :) Yoshi has sooo much potential, its sick!

more yoshi videos :))
^^ I completely agree with you Leffen.. btw I already know the Reverse Eggs from the edge, Running off Nair/Fair.. even Bair from the edge and very well too.. ^^

IMO.. I honestly just think it's better to drop an egg when a Falco/Fox player is below me... It's just personal preference.. Many/most of these things you point out in my game, I know very well at that.. but I just think there are better/safer options... but like you said in an earlier post.. alot of my thoughts are just instinct... (like my jab resets how I'll do a Uair/Nair.. it's just intuition/2nd nature to me now.. (not to mention it looks flashy! ^^;

Im completely glad that you're tryin to give me advice tho.. it means alot ^^ specially since you've been played around w/the Yoshi players such as Svampen, Fumi... It'd be an honor to play those guys ^^;

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord
4% APR, probably the best player in ohio right now (better than Drephen/Vidjo), said this when someone in my crew informed him that they had decided to main yoshi: "That's a mistake." After a year of losing with yoshi a lot, said player left the scene. Let this be a warning. If you're going to main yoshi keep falco as backup, maining a low tier can be depressing at times.

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion
If your main goal is entertainment, stick with Yoshi. It is original and there's more room for you to be creative. We already have 50 Falco pros. You're the only one making Yoshi look good.

But really, the final decision is yours, and there's no reason why you can't use both characters in tournament. Just double-blind Yoshi and CP Falco.

For real though, your Yoshi is inspiring.

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
4% APR, probably the best player in ohio right now (better than Drephen/Vidjo), said this when someone in my crew informed him that they had decided to main yoshi: "That's a mistake." After a year of losing with yoshi a lot, said player left the scene. Let this be a warning. If you're going to main yoshi keep falco as backup, maining a low tier can be depressing at times.
I understand where you're coming from, and I even appreciate the advice.. however, I'm a bit stubborn, as is the rest of AZ... If Taj would've quit Mewtwo.. we wouldn't have his Mewtwo.. If Axe quit Pikachu.. we wouldn't have his pikachu... By all means there is no fear of me "disappearing from the scene... AZ, has too much pride on that.. ><;

I suppose.. just realizing that Yoshi, has bigger flaws than both of those characters is perhaps making me think negative.. but I don't wanna think that way...

For real though I do appreciate the help..

@Melo... I really appreciate the comment..:) I'm a do my best... I just want Yoshi out of Negligible.. ><; it's killing me..

V3ctorMan

Smash Champion
Nogzor's your Yoshi is mad fun to watch.. <3 your mindgames...you've got all the tricks.. I'm just the technical guy.. lol...

when you comin bak to show off more of your Yoshi man?

Top Bottom