• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Vlade's Dazzle DVC 170 Guide (Applies to Any Dazzle of Model Number 100 +)

1Zero99Lucia5

Smash Cadet
Hi,

i bought the dazzle dvc100 and when i try to record brawl, it says: a valid input signal has not been detected

please check your cables,

and then the video is captured in black and white

anyone have any ideas on this?

The Phenom

Smash Lord
By saving the file as a AVI format, will it be better quality than other file type formats? I would like to know this. Please and Thanks.

I have uploaded videos in AVI but I don't really know if there is a difference since my computer lags when I play YT videos so I can't make a conclusion about it.

Vlade

Social Outcast
That isn't the dazzle I refer to in my Guide but otherwise the setup seems fine

@The Phenom: As far as I know, the Dazzle DVC170 only records in Mpeg form

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Will this work on Vista? cuz i don't wanna buy a whole bunch of things just 2 find out it doesn't work on my computer AGAIN.
On last check, it is compatible with Vista (32 bit only.)

Is it possible to record without the use of a TV? as in hooking the wii to the dazzle to the PC?
I don't believe so.

Vlade, correct me as needed. ;)

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Vlade~

What shop sells the cords / capture card, or where did you order it from. Cant find any recording stuff that can ship to Australia =/. Dazzle is my last hope D:

Vlade

Social Outcast
I got mine from ebay

I only recommend the Dazzle if you're new to recording though, there's a lot of better capture cards out there, you just gotta do your research.

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Lol all people say is that some capture cards are laggy and some arn't. They dont help at all =/. Any suggestions for better capture cards that you ca buy on ebay/shops like Harvey Norman?

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
says it Burns video files on to DVD/VCD/SVCD? Meaning you cant save them to hard drive? O.o...

Also how does it work and is there any lag, how good is the quality?

Also its not an Australian website so is the $39 american $? Wait nevermind, exchange rate went down, even if its american $ its only like 43 =P.

Vlade

Social Outcast
says it Burns video files on to DVD/VCD/SVCD? Meaning you cant save them to hard drive? O.o...

Also how does it work and is there any lag, how good is the quality?

Also its not an Australian website so is the $39 american $? Wait nevermind, exchange rate went down, even if its american $ its only like 43 =P.
Quality is quite decent, a little better than dazzle. Note that the software that comes with it is horrible and I suggest you use Virtualdub for capturing and compressing the videos

actually i tried it and turns out i can, if you just hook the wii to dazzle it will display the screen on the Pinnacle program.
That's very interesting, never knew that. Actually now that I think about it, it makes sense it can >_>

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Ok so, can you save to your hard drive with it? or does it have to be dvd... kinda stupid if its dvds only =(

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Question about recording programs:

For the last couple of months, I've been using my Dazzle in conjunction with Pinnacle Studio System 14 HD. I love my vids. The quality is nice and everything seems to work well. However, I am not able to change the audio source when using Studio 14 (ex: video source-Dazzle, audio source-mic).

Does anyone know of any GOOD recording software that will allow me to change my audio source while recording from my Dazzle. Thanks.

Vlade

Social Outcast
You cannot use the Dazzle with any other software unfortunately. But are you really sure you can't change the audio source? I have been able to in Studio 10 so I'm sure it would work for later versions right?

Van Jones

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm was able to use it in 10 as well, but since I've upgraded to 14, I haven't been able to change. I'm pretty certain this is possible (no reason it shouldn't be), but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it yet.

Vlade

Social Outcast
If I had 14 I'd be able to have a fiddle around with it and let you know, but I don't :S

If you have 10 then use that when you want a different audio source for the time being I guess

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
At first, my DAZZLE worked just fine.
But now, suddenly, it won't capture the 'whole' screen when I'm recording :ohwell: .

EXAMPLE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v90Tk-OBCSU

^Notice how the Health Indicators are left out.

Does anybody know why this happens?
Could Widescreen/standard Settings have anything to do with it?

My cables goes like this:

Computer USB > DAZZLE > Wii Scart

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
At first, my DAZZLE worked just fine.
But now, suddenly, it won't capture the 'whole' screen when I'm recording :ohwell: .

EXAMPLE:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v90Tk-OBCSU

^Notice how the Health Indicators are left out.

Does anybody know why this happens?
Could Widescreen/standard Settings have anything to do with it?

My cables goes like this:

Computer USB > DAZZLE > Wii Scart
Never mind.
I fixed it.

Vlade

Social Outcast
What did you do to fix it? Just for future reference

I've also updated the guide to tell you how to compress with virtualdub, since it is a much better program.

Vlade

Social Outcast
Go for a lower bitrate when recording with lower end processors

Quality won't be as good, but it should fix the frame dropping as far as I'm aware

goateeguy

Smash Ace
Does that male to male composite a/v cable come with the capture card? I havn't bought any outside equipment, and when i hook everything up the video only shows up on the computer. Obviously it's a little bit harder to play smash when you're both looking at a game in a window the size of a youtube video. If it does come with, how should i hook it up so that it gets the video both on the tv and the computer?

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
I hate to think that I missed the link to what exactly I should be buying (at least what you recommend Vlade), but I need a Dazzle and the Pinnacle Studio software.

I've never bought one of these, so I'm not entirely sure what it is that I'm looking for/at.

Any help would be stellar. :)

EDIT: Also, I know Vlade posted this

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100112

But I'm not sure whether that comes with all the software that I'll need.

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
I'm having trouble finding the Dazzle version you mentioned... I can only find these:

Dazzle video creator plus and Dazzle DVD recorder

Can you tell me the difference of those two?

Also do these cause any lag at all?

EDIT: Also I noticed the link to buy the KWorld product. Would you recommend that over the Dazzle?

Thanks.

UltimateHaxor123

Smash Apprentice
2 questions

1) is it possible/how to commentate when ur recording the video

2) in the video it shows the a/v splitters have 1 male port and 2 female but in the guide it says 2female and 1 male. which one is correct?

Proverbs

Smash Lord
Anyone know how to fix the audio problems when using Dazzle for Mac? Look at any of my videos to see what I'm talking about. Just click my sig to see my youtube channel. Earlier videos will show it best (except the ones I recorded with a camera, those are bad and should never ever be watched ever.), the later ones I just took out the music for Melee and put music over the matches so it wouldn't be as noticeable. I sent an e-mail to inquire about all this, too, but they basically just told me that they never built in any sort of audio control in the software. So I was just stuck with having bad audio XD It's not that terrible, but if there's a solution anyone knows about, I'd love to hear it.

Edit: Here's what I'm using http://www.pinnaclesys.com/PublicSi...Video/Studio+Family/Video+Capture+for+Mac.htm

xyt

Smash Lord
I can't find "Lame MP3" in audio compression even after i checked "show all formats"
and I followed all other instructions up to this point up to the letter : D
how do i make it appear? or what other thing should i choose as a substitute?
[This is all in VirtualDub btw]

awesome guide btw thanks : D

EDIT: which one is the home button lol XD
EDIT2: "The source video stream uses a compression algorithm which is not compatible with AVI files. Direct stream copy cannot be used with this video stream" What do I do about this one? T_T)..

Stitch_Kun

Smash Rookie
I have studio 14. I have platinum version and im very confused. I can record, but when I record it's a little choppy when i play back and the audio is VERY off sync is there anyway to fix this.

Vlade

Social Outcast
I have studio 14. I have platinum version and im very confused. I can record, but when I record it's a little choppy when i play back and the audio is VERY off sync is there anyway to fix this.
Do the specifications of your computer meet the needs of the dazzle?

I hate to think that I missed the link to what exactly I should be buying (at least what you recommend Vlade), but I need a Dazzle and the Pinnacle Studio software.

I've never bought one of these, so I'm not entirely sure what it is that I'm looking for/at.

Any help would be stellar. :)

EDIT: Also, I know Vlade posted this

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?Item=N82E16815100112

But I'm not sure whether that comes with all the software that I'll need.
What I use is the Dazzle DVC 170 Platinum, but there are many dazzle models out there. I bought mine on ebay but if you do plan to buy a dazzle, I suggest you make sure that it comes with Pinnacle Studio because I know that some don't. The device I linked comes with bad software but I would personally use it with virtualdub (which is a better program than pinnacle).

2 questions

1) is it possible/how to commentate when ur recording the video

2) in the video it shows the a/v splitters have 1 male port and 2 female but in the guide it says 2female and 1 male. which one is correct?
If you want to commentate then you're going to have to open audacity and record a separate audio file, then sync it with the video

I'm having trouble finding the Dazzle version you mentioned... I can only find these:

Dazzle video creator plus and Dazzle DVD recorder

Can you tell me the difference of those two?

Also do these cause any lag at all?

EDIT: Also I noticed the link to buy the KWorld product. Would you recommend that over the Dazzle?

Thanks.
I would recommend the kworld product over the dazzle only if you're already fairly experienced with recording, but that's my opinion. Personally I'd use it over dazzle simply because you can use virtualdub with it. As for the devices you linked I can tell you that the first one you linked will have better quality and is probably more reliable.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Would it better if I recorded at 10000 kbits instead of 8000? It seems I get worse quality with 10000 but I just wanna make sure.

Roxas M

Smash Master
i wanted to know are you forced to use stuido 10 with the dazzle to record or can you use sony vegas?(i have sony vegas so i wanted to know)

also, is a 32 bit or a 64 bit system better for dazzle? and how do you think a intel i3 processor will do with a dazzle? i just ordered a new laptop and wanted to know how good the dazzle will run with the hopefully better processor and 64 bit windows 7. :)

this is the dazzle that i ordered btw: http://www.amazon.com/Dazzle-Video-...cp_ob_e_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1268117057&sr=8-1

and does a better graphics card have anything to do with the quality of your recording?

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
Would it better if I recorded at 10000 kbits instead of 8000? It seems I get worse quality with 10000 but I just wanna make sure.
You get worse quality with a higher bit rate? Huh?

This is a little bit of a head scratcher...can you give a few more specs as to what Dazzle you're using (and you're PC specs as well)? It may help for me to answer this.

Btw, an example of appriopate specs to list would be: (A HP Pavilion dv7-2000 series laptop with an Intel T6400 Dual Core 2 Duo Processor, 512MB ATI Radeon Mobility HD 4530 card, and 4GB of RAM)

(That's just an example, which is my laptop)

i wanted to know are you forced to use stuido 10 with the dazzle to record or can you use sony vegas?(i have sony vegas so i wanted to know)

also, is a 32 bit or a 64 bit system better for dazzle? and how do you think a intel i3 processor will do with a dazzle? i just ordered a new laptop and wanted to know how good the dazzle will run with the hopefully better processor and 64 bit windows 7. :)

this is the dazzle that i ordered btw: http://www.amazon.com/Dazzle-Video-...cp_ob_e_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1268117057&sr=8-1

and does a better graphics card have anything to do with the quality of your recording?
Dual core when it comes to recording is always a plus. So, definitely get a laptop with daul cores (viz 64 bit computers).

You shouldn't be forced to use Studio once you record the files, as they can be dragged and dropped unto the Vegas taskbar.

As an addendum, I don't see why anyone would still be using Studio 10. At the very least, use Studio 12 or 14.

EDIT: Quit stalking me! :p

Top Bottom