• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viva la Smashtaclysm Results

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
alright so i can't exactly say that i feel animosity towards chillindude, however i think that some of the claims he is making are a bit rediculous. I agree that the bracket was seeded ****tily, this is mainly because the money went missing and our main concern for that hour was trying to find it, not seeding the bracket. If the money hadn't been stolen, i can assure you that the pool results would have been entered into tio and that the bracket would have been seeded properly, so my apologies for that.

however if i remember correctly you did state something along the lines of this tournament being doomed to suck based solely on the stage list. In all respect, you have been *****ing about this tournament since the moment you decided to go. Thus i can't exactly take your complaints to be all that serious and i don't have much sympathy for you. If you had complained in a more mannerly fashion, id be more inclined to care, but the truth is, you've been acting like an *** to whitemage since day 1 and you deserve any and all **** he's giving you.

I'm sorry if you decide to not return to any more cataclysm or vls events, but sometimes things can't be helped and in this case they obviously couldn't be. You *****ing doesn't make anything better as we realize that we made a mistake. No hard feelings, hope you understand

Banks

Smash Hero
i bet OWM will play at like m2k level for his mm with chillin because of his kaioken rage x10

and hayato, i didn't make the bracket because i wasn't fackin goot enough to beat dope sensei kaiser or hyuga although i almost fackin did third game johns john john

Aesir

Smash Master
Man I would have made it out of my pool if ****ing Colbol wasn't ****ing cheating.

In all seriousness my pool was pretty "=(" but no joanzzzzz I say we stop this drama ****, OBM pretty much just shut everyone up

Scar

#HarveyDent
I'm sorry if you decide to not return to any more cataclysm or vls events, but sometimes things can't be helped and in this case they obviously couldn't be. You *****ing doesn't make anything better as we realize that we made a mistake. No hard feelings, hope you understand
Ok, so it's fine that you don't want to hear it anymore, but I mean it's what happens when you do a bad job. People are going to complain that your results aren't up because someone lost them, people are going to complain that we were playing in a kindergarten with 8 different small rooms, also that we couldn't really watch matches for fear of being Mages DQ'd and a TON of other reasons.

What I'm trying to say is, it's ok to just tell Chillin off and accept the consequences of this (he might not go back to your tournaments). But it's really not the way to go in my opinion. If I were you, I'd just take the deserved criticism, be upset about it, leave your own excuses unsaid (because regardless of excuse, your mistakes led people to travel across the country and end up having a sub-par experience), and never let it happen again.

Otherwise you're just accepting your mediocre NATIONAL level tournament, and I know that's not what you're really doing, or what you want to do.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Great job with the results Bibbed.

They actually are admitting their mistakes and are promising better in the future. I find that very respectable. About the possiblity of being DQed when trying to watch matches? 0_o

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Yato me and banks purposely did bad at this tourney so we didnt run the risk of knocking out DJ or M2k so they could have their rematch. We wanted DJ to have fun at his last tourney. Thats what friends do.

chillindude829

Smash Master
Blackmage, all I originally said was "ROFL @ the stage list" or something along those lines. It was completely harmless. When OWM, one of the main hosts of the tourney, responded with "if you don't like it, don't come. You won't be missed", how the **** was I supposed to react? It wasn't my fault, I never brought any hostility into the thread.

But yeah I'm sick of this **** too so I'll just leave it at that

Drephen

Smash Master
My biggest complaint is that if the money wasn't stolen, a big chunk of it as going to the east coast circuit thingy. My problems with this are:

1.) I don't live on east coast so i wouldn't see this money or have a chance at it

2.) No one told me my money was gonna go to this before the tourney

its a cool idea and all, just make sure everyone knows about before you do so

yeah and i didn't understand the stages at all, they didnt make sense

Watty

Smash Lord
my biggest problem was that i had to carry mathos in teams and its 2 much work and i get tired

Zombie Lucille Ball

Smash Master
My biggest complaint is that if the money wasn't stolen, a big chunk of it as going to the east coast circuit thingy. My problems with this are:

1.) I don't live on east coast so i wouldn't see this money or have a chance at it

2.) No one told me my money was gonna go to this before the tourney

its a cool idea and all, just make sure everyone knows about before you do so
quoted for truth.

and lol why would owm do a settle-everything MM with chillin?

Banks

Smash Hero
Yato me and banks purposely did bad at this tourney so we didnt run the risk of knocking out DJ or M2k so they could have their rematch. We wanted DJ to have fun at his last tourney. Thats what friends do.
can we be the "goodpeoplewhogotsquanderfuxedinpools" club

omegablackmage

Certified Lion Rider
Ok, so it's fine that you don't want to hear it anymore, but I mean it's what happens when you do a bad job. People are going to complain that your results aren't up because someone lost them, people are going to complain that we were playing in a kindergarten with 8 different small rooms, also that we couldn't really watch matches for fear of being Mages DQ'd and a TON of other reasons.

What I'm trying to say is, it's ok to just tell Chillin off and accept the consequences of this (he might not go back to your tournaments). But it's really not the way to go in my opinion. If I were you, I'd just take the deserved criticism, be upset about it, leave your own excuses unsaid (because regardless of excuse, your mistakes led people to travel across the country and end up having a sub-par experience), and never let it happen again.

Otherwise you're just accepting your mediocre NATIONAL level tournament, and I know that's not what you're really doing, or what you want to do.
if the money wasn't stolen, the bracket would have been seeded better, end of story. These things are out of my hands and i would have liked to see anyone else do any better given the circumstances

oh and as far as what chillin originally said, "ROFLMFAO @ the stage counterpick list. Funniest thing I've ever seen. Hey, while we're at it, why don't we change the neutral list to just Dreamland 64? I think we need to favor Peaches and Jigglies more." i find this to be offensive towards a tournaments host's decisions to pick stages. you may not have been intending to start a fight, but you certainly did.

Whitemage retorts calling some smashers stupid for making comments like these. Although he should have kept his cool as a host, i still feel as though you provoked the argument in the first place.

kiwiii

Smash Lord

well said.

Banks

Smash Hero
How about "goodpeoplewhogotsquanderfuxedinpoolswhowillendupwinningpound3becausenowtheyareangry" club?
hell fux yes and if me and th0rn decide to team with other people we should team and call ourselves the ANGRYBECAUSEOFVLSPOOLSBUTWE'LLWINPOUND3 team. YAYUZ

Drephen

Smash Master
if the money wasn't stolen, the bracket would have been seeded better, end of story. These things are out of my hands and i would have liked to see anyone else do any better given the circumstances

oh and as far as what chillin originally said, "ROFLMFAO @ the stage counterpick list. Funniest thing I've ever seen. Hey, while we're at it, why don't we change the neutral list to just Dreamland 64? I think we need to favor Peaches and Jigglies more." i find this to be offensive towards a tournaments host's decisions to pick stages. you may not have been intending to start a fight, but you certainly did.

Whitemage retorts calling some smashers stupid for making comments like these. Although he should have kept his cool as a host, i still feel as though you provoked the argument in the first place.
can you comment on the money distribution please? Posted it two pages back

Also, you guys didn't have the final stage list on the first page for the tourney. Just kinda random and didnt leave it up to discussion. Chillin is right when OMW said "if you dont like it dont come" If you want a tourney on the national level, please let us be able to dicuss it with you beforehand otherwise its selfish and ignorant

g-regulate

Smash Hero
hey man **** happens, we can only learn from it and move on, instead of griping. im a pretty laid back guy i just enjoyed hanging with the midwest crew and owning WC players in melee. speaking of which, wtf @ falcomist getting 9th? i beat him SO badly, what happened? no one else could beat him? sheesh. instead of *****ing about bad tournaments, i just run my own and make them amazing. btw on top of being the greatest falcon of all time, im also the greatest tourney runner ever. my bracket seeding skills are unparalleled.

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I ran the only 2-day melee tournament to finish at a reasonable hour both days (9pm and 7pm). People didn't know what to do with themselves afterwards.

Top Bottom