• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viva la Smashtaclysm Results

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
Yeah... to be honest the previous Cataclysms were infinitely times better than VLS.
I agree but this was also extremely fun. I think only doing one set of pools would have been better. 2 sets of pools is way too long. Having to wait for people to finish doing teams and such was extremely annoying. Also I got screwed because people I had to beat forfeited all their matches after they played me in the second round of pools. People also stopped playing serious characters and such after they realized they couldnt make it in which was kind of unfair to those who had to play them for real. Maybe next time bigger pools with only 1 round. The brackets seemed to go much faster than the pools did.

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree but this was also extremely fun. I think only doing one set of pools would have been better. 2 sets of pools is way too long. Having to wait for people to finish doing teams and such was extremely annoying. Also I got screwed because people I had to beat forfeited all their matches after they played me in the second round of pools. People also stopped playing serious characters and such after they realized they couldnt make it in which was kind of unfair to those who had to play them for real. Maybe next time bigger pools with only 1 round. The brackets seemed to go much faster than the pools did.

no...just no

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
no...just no
You dont agree that it is a little ridiculous. Pika Pika started was playing like falco against people when he realized he couldnt win and he even admitted to never playing him before. I also saw firsthand evidence of people throwing matches for their friends to get in. I mean if you want cheating in your tourney just keep it the way it is.

Drephen

Smash Master
yeah I could've beaten chu and drephen, but that's irrelevant. if i had a better bracket, i might have even done worse. it's just plain not professional to not check through a bracket after it's made; if 2nd round pool seeds didn't matter, why'd we play a 2nd round of pools?

my point is, something like this would never be tolerated by say, the kishes, or nealdt, or really any competent tournament host. and since omegawhitemage was a d*ck before the tourney to me, i'll be a d*ck after the tourney to him :)
roflroflroflrofl, it was your turn to beat me though.

so many johns in this thread recently

east coast? more like john coast

Skler

Smash Master
I was a fan of double pools. People can throw their games if they want to, I did a Roy ditto and M2 ditto (which were insanely fun <3 kevinM). I bet some people in the first round of pools started throwing games if they had no chance of getting out.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I was a fan of double pools. People can throw their games if they want to, I did a Roy ditto and M2 ditto (which were insanely fun <3 kevinM). I bet some people in the first round of pools started throwing games if they had no chance of getting out.
I diddddd
Played Roy a few times. :laugh:

Pat/Pro

Smash Ace
I think people are less likely to throw or forfeit the first set of pools. Its on the first day and they havent really got any tourney games in. By the second set of pools on the second day people have already played a ton and are ok with being knocked out to an extent. Plus your less likely to be in a pool with someone you know in the first set. I dont know i think the mages did a good job though. No system is perfect. It just sucks because some people have to travel across the whole country and could potentially not make it into brackets because someone wants to help their friend get in. I think in the future if someone forfeits his matches to anyone, all his matches should be forfeit. But once again it was really fun :).

Cort

Apple Head
2 pools is a great way to seed a bracket. It's when the results of these pools are not accurately reflected in the final bracket, there's a serious problem.

And there definitely was one at this tournament, no matter how you look at it.

Also with 2 sets of pools, people that can't potentially make it into bracket still get their monies worth of serious pool matches, and valuable experience.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Maybe you should just stop whining and beat everybody regardless. <_<

Pat/Johns.

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
Bracket's finished (minus whoever played Dope first round). It's possible (just barely) that some of the byes are in incorrect, but based on everyone's input I'm 99.4% sure it's right. However, I'm not sure how to post the tio file on Neal's site, or what his e-mail address is to send it to him. If someone else wants to handle that, then PM me your e-mail (Cort maybe? He seems responsible...)

Anyways, singles results for a 64-man bracket with 48 actual participants look as follows:

*See updated bracket below*

If something's wrong, just let me know. I'll edit it.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
HBK beat Kel. I think you need to switch their names there.

Edit: Cactuar beat Starzonedge. That needs to be switched too.

Edit 2: Colbol's results:

Lost to Hayato
Beat g-reg
Beat doll
Beat Cactuar
Beat jiano
Lost to darc

Meaning: 33rd - G_reg, 25th - Doll, 17th - Cactuar, 13th - Jiano, Colbol - 9th, and Darc - 7th

Sliq

Smash Master
Bracket's finished (minus whoever played Dope first round). It's possible (just barely) that some of the byes are in incorrect, but based on everyone's input I'm 99.4% sure it's right. However, I'm not sure how to post the tio file on Neal's site, or what his e-mail address is to send it to him. If someone else wants to handle that, then PM me your e-mail (Cort maybe? He seems responsible...)

Anyways, singles results for a 64-man bracket with 48 actual participants look as follows:

1: Azen
2: Chu
3: KDJ
4: M2K
5: Drephen
5: PC
7: Chillin
7: Darq
9: Cort
9: Kirbstir
9: Colbol
9: Skler
13: Scar
13: Eggm
13: Jiano
13: Falcomist
17: Hayato
17: Dope
17: Bob$
17: Wife
17: Chaddd
17: Doll
17: Teczero
17: Husband
25: SwiftBass
25: Kaiser
25: Omni
25: Kel
25: Dazwa
25: Starzonedge
25: QDVS
25: th0rn
33: BAM
33: Vidjo
33: Plank
33: Sensei
33: Inui
33: Hyuga
33: HBK
33: pkmvodka
33: XIF
33: Cactuar
33: G-reg
33: Velocity
33: Lord Knight
33: Dmon
33: Sliq
33: ???? (lost to Dope, lost to Jiano)

If something's wrong, just let me know. I'll edit it.
I got a bye in the bracket, so doesn't that automatically make me place one above 33rd if I go 2 and out?

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
It's a 64 man bracket, but with 48 actual people. It was set up so two people would play a 1st round game and the winner would player a person in the 2nd round that had a first round bye. Every grouping of 4 on the bracket was made up like this (3 players and 1 bye).

This means that those people who lost their first match essentially got a bye in their second match, because the bye "lost" to the highest seeded person of the 4 man grouping in round 1. It'll make more sense when the bracket is posted...

Keitaro

@ Sliq, if you had a bye in loser's bracket after losing first round of winners you still will be 33rd. Bibbed, please look at my post above.

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
I read it and changed everything you said except I still believe that Doll finished ahead of Cactuar. PM me your e-mail and I'll send you the file, if you'd like.

Edit -- Also for some reason I can't edit my longer posts... which is why I keep reposting.

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
Updated results:

1: Azen
2: Chu
3: KDJ
4: M2K
5: Drephen
5: PC
7: Chillin
7: Darc
9: Cort
9: Kirbstir
9: Colbol
9: Falcomist
13: Scar
13: Eggm
13: Jiano
13: Skler
17: Hayato
17: Dope
17: Bob$
17: Wife
17: Chaddd
17: Doll
17: Teczero
17: Husband
25: SwiftBass
25: Kaiser
25: Omni
25: HBK
25: Dazwa
25: Cactuar
25: QDVS
25: th0rn
33: BAM
33: Vidjo
33: Plank
33: Sensei
33: Inui
33: Hyuga
33: Kel
33: pkmvodka
33: XIF
33: Starzonedge
33: G-reg
33: Velocity
33: Lord Knight
33: Dmon
33: Sliq
33: Green Mario

Keitaro

I read it and changed everything you said except I still believe that Doll finished ahead of Cactuar. PM me your e-mail and I'll send you the file, if you'd like.
Alright, cool.

According to checking my email by phone I got your email but I won't be able to see it till I get off of work after 5. I'll post back later.

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
I think the last 33 mystery man is Green Mario, since I he got DQed his first round of WB (I think vs. Dope) and in LB lost to Jiano!!!

Plus I don't see him in the bracket anywhere!!!

:colorful:
You're right! I should have known this too, considering he came from Wife's 2nd round pool and I watched him play Sliq, Wife, and Jiano in that pool.

Sliq

Smash Master
It's a 64 man bracket, but with 48 actual people. It was set up so two people would play a 1st round game and the winner would player a person in the 2nd round that had a first round bye. Every grouping of 4 on the bracket was made up like this (3 players and 1 bye).

This means that those people who lost their first match essentially got a bye in their second match, because the bye "lost" to the highest seeded person of the 4 man grouping in round 1. It'll make more sense when the bracket is posted...
I forgot that they had 48 people.

I AM THE BIGGEST IDIOT IN THE WORLD.

Inb4QFT.

Cort

Apple Head
Just PMing nealdt or AIMing him (his AIM is neal yung) should do the trick, Bibbed.

Thanks for all your effort.

Now only if all pool results were posted. I was interested in how some people did.

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, bracket's on its way to Neal. I got in touch with him through e-mail. Thanks!

Edit -- Impeccable timing Neal. Now I just hope you got the latest version I sent you.

Edit 2 -- Yup it is. Thanks Neal.

chillindude829

Smash Master
It's ok chillin, we all know you're a douchbag and too much of a ***** to carry any beef over into real life. So please continue to trash my tournament, and the only time we've ever made any sort of mistake running any of our tournaments. You wouldn't know because you didn't bother attending any of the others so I don't expect you to know what we're actually capable of. So please, continue on.
LMAO @ not carrying any beef over into real life. I made it perfectly clear to everyone at the tournament how ******** the bracket was. I don't care if I didn't attend any of your other tournaments you ****ing idiot, I attended this one, and it was run worse than any tournament I've been to in the past 4 years. So yea I will continue to trash you and your sh*tty tournament-running skills.

Oh yeah I beat Sensei too, so to recap, I beat pkmvodka, lost to PC, then beat Sensei, Kaiser, Dope, and Scar while Cort beat Swift and Husband and then lost to the same person I did and we ended up in the same spot. Good **** omegawhitemage! It's funny, you used to brag about how good the Mages were at running tourneys, but if you can't even do that right, and you've sucked at Smash since forever, wtf are you doing in the community at all?

Cort

Apple Head
Hey, let's all stop arguing. You too, OWM.

There were a lot of really uncalled for statements in there, chillin.

SleepyK

Everyone calm down and watch Sliq get dragged across the floor in his sig :colorful:

Top Bottom