• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viva la Smashtaclysm Results

Eggm

Smash Hero
I don't know if this helps, but I do know that wins in winners count for more than wins in losers as far as placings go.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Yeah, that's what I thought originally. I think that the first round of losers were all bye for anyone who lost first round of winners. I think that's what's been mixing me up but yeah I was thinking that you got 17th not 25th.
So i had a bye without knowing??

Ok im confused GL with figuring that out Keitaro :)

Kirbstir - Good stuff at brackets :)

However at VLS I clearly had my revenge when you didn't :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Lmao <3 Kirbstir

kirbstir

Smash Lord
Dude. I'm totally getting revenge at pound 3, you're getting Falcon Punched

As Bill would say, you're on notice

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
lol, no, you didn't have an invisible bye but you did place 17th. It's hard to explain but I'm getting the placings in order for now by going backwards when looking at who people beat. Hard to explain once again but once more info comes it'll be better.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Dude. I'm totally getting revenge at pound 3, you're getting Falcon Punched

As Bill would say, you're on notice
You're on :) I'm going to keep my revenge at Pound 3 whenever that tourney is. :laugh:

also your falcon punch is going to get countered and then somehow you are going to get D-air off the stage :psycho:

Bass.

Smash Journeyman
lol, Boondocks.

Yeah, I'm trying to help with brackets individually but it's a lil tough. Lemme post my example.

Basing my theory on a bracket of 64 slots after reading Tec0's info of:

I went 2-2

I lost to Dope

Then I beat Velocity and QDVS

And then I lost to SKler

I ended up with the fact he placed 25th. But when it comes to someone else like Sliq who lost his only 2 matches in brackets I have him placed as 33rd. That doesn't make sense to me since Tec0 beat 2 more people than Sliq but placed 1 higher.. Does anyone know exactly what I'm doing wrong if there is a mistake?
Mogwai said:
Yo, I ain't pole jockin' or nothin, but that Azen guy is pretty good too.

Both of you, too good. :)

kirbstir

Smash Lord
You might've gotten higher, I might've confused that placing with where I was when I lost to Azen and was waiting on pkmvodka who never showed up.

Of course, I'm not completely sure

SleepyK

Well if you're working on brackets, I'll give you what I sent Blue:

Bye (Told to play the winner of QDVS and Wife - Wife wins)
Lost to Wife
Beat XIF
Lost to Jiano
you HAD that set against Jiano.

:(

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
As far as Team Ben goes, I know...

Wife
... beat QDVS
... beat Dazwa
... lost to Chu
... lost to Kirbstir

Husband
... beat Hyuga
... beat Vidjo
... lost to Cort
... lost to Falcomist (I think)

Omni
... beat Scar
... lost to KDJ
... beat Inui (?)
... lost to Bob$

All three claimed they placed 17th in the car ride back.

Cort

Apple Head
Oh yeah, I'm sorry. I forgot I played the winner of Inui vs Swift with my bye first round. Then I played the winner of Husband vs vidjo.

The Jigglypuff was Hyuga, I believe.

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
Ah yes. That's him. I remember the set now.

Edit -- Can't wait until someone puts this together so we can see the full bracket.

SleepyK

West Coast Puff = Norcal Norse God who is often seen

Dire on the Hub said:
<Dire> shredding extremely on an electric guitar made of actual electric on the edge of a crashing meteor the shape of a fist.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
No Sleepy. His full title is "The Norse God of Northern California." He's been cross-training in "The Norse God of Not Playing Terranigma" lately.

QDVS

BRoomer
BRoomer
I believe Sliq got a bye since he said he went 0-2 losing to hayato first...BUT I know for a fact Col Bol lost Hayato to first round of WB!!!

Oh and I thought I heard the bracket was 48 man, but I may be wrong...

Oh and I'll try and give you what I know of Col Bol's:

Lost to Hayato
Beat g-reg
Beat doll
Beat Cactuar
Beat jiano
Lost to darc

I'll double check with him tomorrow, but I believe that was his bracket!!!

:colorful:

Bibbed

Smash Journeyman
I've recreated the bracket up to 90% completion. I have 6 people whose first round matches are unaccounted for (and for one of those individuals I don't even know who it is). They are:

th0rn
Doll
BAM
Bob$
Kel
Plank

Any info on the first or second rounds (i.e. byes or who they played in either round) and I should be able to complete it and send it to Neal.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
I'll ask th0rn tommorow who he played round one, and if it helps you find the mystery person at all, here are the 4 people that made from my round 2 pools into brackets:

Mew2King
Dazwa
Falcomist
Eggm

EDIT: Cactuar says:
lost to Drephen
beat starzonedge in losers
forfeit to colbol

chillindude829

Smash Master
i just wanna reiterate how ****ed up this bracket was. by the time i fought cort, i had beaten pkmvodka (by forfeit), lost to PC, then beaten kaiser, dope, and scar, while cort had beaten swift and husband then lost to PC. LMAO

Cort

Apple Head
Dude, I beat Husband. The Peach slayer.

That counts for way more than whoever you beat.

But uhhh.. yeah. It was seeded pretty darn terribly, and could have been fixed easily.

Granted, you did piss a lot of TOs off, chillin. The tournament is long over, and I doubt they really care. Do you think you could have beaten anyone you placed below? It's not that bad, and it's really not worth complaining about now.

chillindude829

Smash Master
yeah I could've beaten chu and drephen, but that's irrelevant. if i had a better bracket, i might have even done worse. it's just plain not professional to not check through a bracket after it's made; if 2nd round pool seeds didn't matter, why'd we play a 2nd round of pools?

my point is, something like this would never be tolerated by say, the kishes, or nealdt, or really any competent tournament host. and since omegawhitemage was a d*ck before the tourney to me, i'll be a d*ck after the tourney to him :)

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Banks, since you're not on aim, do you know who thorn played against throughout the bracket?

Banks

Smash Hero
who isn't on LL? I know I am. but it doesnt exist also.

daz: th0rn got a bye first game i believe, then played the winner of cactuar and drephen and lost to drephen, then played dmon and won then eventually lost to falcomist. however im not sure if there was anyone in between there. he came in 25th so if that would make him 25th then thats it

edit - lol do people actually still care enough to see the bracket? there werent any mega upsets except chillin getting anal plugged. col bol beat jiano too, drephen beat m2k thats about it lewl

Keitaro

Omni
... beat Scar
... lost to KDJ
... beat Inui (?)
... lost to Bob$
Heart Break Kid said:
hbk

Bye(Was on deck to play winner of Chadd and Kaiser)
Lost to Chaddd
Beat Kel
Lost to Kirbstir

i remeber kirbstir saying i got 25th
How would Omni place 17th if HBK had just about the same bracket results and place 25th?

omegawhitemage

BRoomer
BRoomer
yeah I could've beaten chu and drephen, but that's irrelevant. if i had a better bracket, i might have even done worse. it's just plain not professional to not check through a bracket after it's made; if 2nd round pool seeds didn't matter, why'd we play a 2nd round of pools?

my point is, something like this would never be tolerated by say, the kishes, or nealdt, or really any competent tournament host. and since omegawhitemage was a d*ck before the tourney to me, i'll be a d*ck after the tourney to him :)
It's ok chillin, we all know you're a douchbag and too much of a ***** to carry any beef over into real life. So please continue to trash my tournament, and the only time we've ever made any sort of mistake running any of our tournaments. You wouldn't know because you didn't bother attending any of the others so I don't expect you to know what we're actually capable of. So please, continue on.

Top Bottom