• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridian City 9 - This weekend! HYPE!

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Uber =/= legendary, JG. Ubers are Arceus, Darkrai, all forms of Deoxys, Dialga, Garchomp, Giratina, Groudon, Ho-oh, Lugia, Mew, Mewtwo, Latios, Palkia, Manaphy, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Wobbuffet and Wynaut. Legendaries like Zapdos/Articuno/Moltres and Raikou/Entei/Suicune are fair game and aren't banned.

Chaos Marth, $5 NB MM?

Maybe if i have the money. My friend might though. Hes godly. I'll definatly play anyone though.

and you forgot skymin on that list.

Note: I have Japanese platinum which = plat movesets

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Oh yeah, I forgot about Skymin.

Edit: No JG I'm not playing you, I hate D/P's metagame. Plus, that **** is so slow and tedious ingame. ):

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
The metagame is horrible. I love my g/s/c stuff.

I play it still cause i still **** at it, and I'm like 3rd best in NYC LOL

the other 2better then me are my crewmates. lol

Yeah you can play me and my crewmate SDTaco if he comes.

Max Ketchum

Gayest team:

Heatran, Celebi, Zapdos, Scizor, Bronzong, Salamence.
Movesets on this ****:

Bronzong@Lefties (lead)
Gyro Ball
EQ
Hypnosis
Stealth Rock

Heatran@Choice Scarf
Earth Power
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Dragon Pulse/HP Ice/HP Grass
Explosion

Celebi@Lefties
Recover
Thunder Wave/Leech Seed
Grass Knot
HP Fire/HP Ice

Scizor@Life Orb
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Brick Break/Superpower
Roost

Zapdos@Lefties
Thunderbolt
Heat Wave
Roost
HP Grass/Roar

Salamence@Choice Specs
Draco Meteor
Hydro Pump
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower

Do gay stuff with Bronzong until you call Fire, send in Heatran for some Flash Fire shenanigans, and then ****. Everyone else is practically support LOL.

Max Ketchum

Also @ Doom: lol what's NB?
Netbattle. Online Pokemon.

The metagame is horrible. I love my g/s/c stuff.

I play it still cause i still **** at it, and I'm like 3rd best in NYC LOL

the other 2better then me are my crewmates. lol

Yeah you can play me and my crewmate SDTaco if he comes.
GSC has the most boring metagame...

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Movesets on this ****:

Bronzong@Lefties (lead)
Gyro Ball <------- this or iron head if you have plat
EQ <------ needs to be explosion
Hypnosis
Stealth Rock

Heatran@Choice Scarf
Earth Power
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Dragon Pulse/HP Ice/HP Grass
Explosion

Celebi@Lefties
Recover
Thunder Wave/Leech Seed
Grass Knot needs to be energy ball
HP Fire/HP Ice

Scizor@Life Orb
Swords Dance
Bullet Punch
Brick Break Fix'd
Roost

Zapdos@Lefties
Thunderbolt
Heat Wave
Roost
HP Grass/Roar

Salamence@Choice Specs
Draco Meteor
Hydro Pump
Dragon Pulse
Flamethrower

Do gay stuff with Bronzong until you call Fire, send in Heatran for some Flash Fire shenanigans, and then ****. Everyone else is practically support LOL.
The salamence should be either band'd outrage or Yache outrage or any physical variant.

everything else i fix'd in the quote.

Get at me.

Max Ketchum

EQ lets Bronzong touch Heatran if he calls the switch, plus better coverage. The thing is meant to live forever, not go boom. Celebi OHKO's Swampert 100% of the time with Grass Knot. That's more important than more consistent damage with EB. I agree about Salamence, I totally overlooked that the team was lacking in physical power.

Edit: Superpower lets Scizor OHKO Blissey.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
EQ lets Bronzong touch Heatran if he calls the switch, plus better coverage. The thing is meant to live forever, not go boom. Celebi OHKO's Swampert 100% of the time with Grass Knot. That's more important than more consistent damage with EB. I agree about Salamence, I totally overlooked that the team was lacking in physical power.

Edit: Superpower lets Scizor OHKO Blissey.
lol none of you know my strat its so gay

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion

I disagree with this because bronzong's purpose should be put something to sleep lay up stealth and take someone with it. If it had a decent recovery move then I'd agree. and celebii OHKO'ing swampert shouldn't be a concern swampert doesnt threat your team that much except heatran. and if celebii is bulky in anyway shouldn't have a problem with swampert to begin with. Its not like swampert's carry mirror coat in this gen thanks to the lack of good special sweepers on teams.

edit: for scizor after a swords dance it doesnt matter. plus stealth rocks do the rest. the drop in attk and def is silly with swords dance. IMO superpower is only good on CB sets

Max Ketchum

Swampert walls the whole team except for Salamence, and Zapdos if I put HP Grass on over Roar.

Bronzong doesn't need a good recovery move to live forever. One weakness that's easily remedied by Heatran, and great defenses.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Swampert walls the whole team except for Salamence, and Zapdos if I put HP Grass on over Roar.

Bronzong doesn't need a good recovery move to live forever. One weakness that's easily remedied by Heatran, and great defenses.

The metagame hits too hard for that kind of mentality. Most sets are made to do around 50% to bronzong. Zapdos shouldn't have roar on it unless its bulky in which case should have HP ice over heat wave. I didn't pay attention to the zapdos due to lack of ev spread on it. lol

Max Ketchum

I'm far too lazy to post EVs in a rather unimportant environment.

Eh I guess you're right about Swampert. What does EB outdamage vs. Grass Knot that matters?

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
I'm far too lazy to post EVs in a rather unimportant environment.

Eh I guess you're right about Swampert. What does EB outdamage vs. Grass Knot that matters?

Yeah i don't blame you for not posting EV spreads i wouldn't either.

But I'm not sure about what it outdamages it just depends on what your scared of more. but the sp.def drop can turn a 3hko into a 2hko. Its more so a matter of preference i guess. I 'd run bulky celebii on this set anyway

@alex: LOL

yellowroy

Smash Ace
you guys are bringing pokemon to this?

who wants to play me, I haven't played for a while though.

Shoddy battle still good?

Max Ketchum

You've inquired about both mine and chaos marth's. I was joking about you actually wanting them. XD

nessqk

Smash Journeyman
ok let me try to understand this cause i cant believe what ive been reading so pokemon huh .

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
hey chaos marth: do you have a program on your laptop that records what happens on your laptop screen?

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Wait people bringing pokemon to this?? Might just have to bring out the old game!!!! Im sure i'll get whooped though. Haven't played my trusty pearl is god knows how long.

Anyway i may need a partner. I play solely peach in teams so i need someone who can kill. A snake/dedede player would be nice!

Top Bottom