• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Viridian City 9 - This weekend! HYPE!

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
So why don't you go there? I don't think you've been to either WHOBO or any HOBOs.

Now, I love TX, and I show it. :)
uh i would type something long but just think about people that read this and understand its a little douchey

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Inui, you love Japanese television and have an interest in the language, I don't think you've been to Japan before.

Inui

Banned via Warnings

Maybe if you did some research before talking it would make you look smarter.

By looking at several flights sites, I've found 900-950$ RT from JFK to Japan. Quite more affordable than 3,000$.

I was unaware that food, housing, and transportation in the nation of Japan were free. Japan is definitely not an expensive place to be right now, and the dollar is totally not weak at all.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration

I was unaware that food, housing, and transportation in the nation of Japan were free. Japan is definitely not an expensive place to be right now, and the dollar is totally not weak at all.

IT CAN BE if you got contacts, otherwise wouldn't Texas cost more than that? Yep got em. I know where I'm getting housed for Japan tournament ^^

Inui

Banned via Warnings

IT CAN BE if you got contacts, otherwise wouldn't Texas cost more than that? Yep got em. I know where I'm getting housed for Japan tournament ^^
Having contacts in Japan...is much less likely than in TX.

The flight alone for TX can be as low as $212 from my area. You're not going to be spending that much for other things in TX and it's easier to have connections there since it's in this nation (and continent, lol).

You're going to be forced to spend quite a bit in Japan in almost all cases...

I've heard about it all from both of my foreign language professors, as they both went to Japan for a while.

Max Ketchum

So what you're saying is...your john for not going to Japan (can't afford it) is somehow more legit than Pierce's john for not going to Texas (can't afford it)?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
So what you're saying is...your john for not going to Japan (can't afford it) is somehow more legit than Pierce's john for not going to Texas (can't afford it)?
The difference in price is like...x10. That is quite significant.

Pierce afforded Genesis and other stuff, didn't he?

Max Ketchum

So what if it's a 10x price difference? That smaller amount may be just as out of reach for him as a trip to Japan is for you. Being that he doesn't have a stable career, his financial situation may well be very different from what it was at Genesis, considering that was over a year ago.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Alex has told me all about it. Still looks like a great amount of space plus its in a hotel now!! I love hotels :D

Alex Strife

Smash Hero
I think its better off at a hotel. We can relax, chill, and just hang out.

Funny how when venues see success they try to up the price cause their biz is failing :(

Max Ketchum

Yeah real talk, I think the most visitors V-17 has seen in a while has been from KOTC tournaments.

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Hey guys, I don't think Inui was trying to cut at me because I haven't been to Texas. I think he was just trying to encourage me to share in an experience that he has previously enjoyed. I really do appreciate your defense though, and ROFL @ Elliot <3<3<3

VideoKidHEERO

Smash Champion
Why are we arguing with Inui?...

At the end of the day, he's always right and we're always
A) Dumb as hell
B) Dumb as hell
C) Wrong.

Seriously. How dare you argue against the modern-day Socrates?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Hey guys, I don't think Inui was trying to cut at me because I haven't been to Texas. I think he was just trying to encourage me to share in an experience that he has previously enjoyed. I really do appreciate your defense though, and ROFL @ Elliot <3<3<3
yeah pretty much

ShippoFoxFire

Smash Lord
The venue is right off 80, like take the exit, it's in view.

Looking for buses near the venue for NY peoples.

164 goes from New York Port Authority Bus Terminal to about a block or 2 down from the venue "Pehle Ave and Saddle River Road"

Top Bottom