• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

vids of champ's sheik (added me vs edrees) 8/15/08

Charoo

Smash Champion
8/14/08
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSu3I7YkOAc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcM-XGCEy_s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IX7v313kw6M

quick set of me vs edrees. Was going to do best of 5 but we were both suppose to be at another place so we have to hurry. So yeah the matches r kinda sloppy cause we were in a hurry.

8/2/08
http://www.getyourtournament.com/multimedia/2008/08/shuffle-and-cut-champ-vs-futile.html

futile is so hard to grab >_<

and if u wonder why i didn't turn into zelda, it's because i decided that I'm going to go all sheik. I just wanna play sheik only for now. I just don't have the drive to use zelda at all right now. Even if it's just to kill people/

hopefully they will put more matches that was on sunday.

edit: if u don't know who futile is then u should really check out his vids. Probably the best wario right now. Either best in socal or 2nd best after dsf. They like 50-50

8/3/08 teams

loser's finals
http://www.getyourtournament.com/multimedia/2008/08/aznforce-v-bardull-and-jont-vs.html

grand finals
http://www.getyourtournament.com/multimedia/2008/08/aznforce-v-finals-futile-and-lovage-vs.html

now u can really say what I mean by I suck at getting up from the ledge.

oh yeah, I use zelda in teams because this is team effort. I can't be selfish and use sheik only (even thoguh I did until losers finals haha). Edrees is counting on me to kill sometimes too =)

-dMT-

Smash Lord
Good Sheik. The grab releases were good. If I could give 1 piece of advice, it would be to angle your vanishes so that you appear at just the right height above ground, and away from your opponent, so that you receive no landing lag. You'd be surprised how often you can catch an opponent when they eagerly approach you to punish.

ADHD

Smash Hero
Try vanishing more for the KO's, I only saw one vanish in the first match. Even if its not for KO's, it's wario--he's going to take an opportunity to do a SH dair once he feels its safe.

demodemo

Smash Ace
**** sheik

your sheik *****

sometimes you vanish in the wrong direction (if using offensively, always vanish away from your opponent, not up)

great use of needles, grab releases made me lol

Futile has bad DI against ftilt :p

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Your Sheik does some awesome stuff. Keep in mind that playing Sheik solo is going to take a lot more work. You didn't transform or KO Wario at 155% and ended up suffering for it with a full stock and 110%. If you absolutely must KO with Sheik, use nair and bair over fsmash, seeing as how you'll actually be able to move around with those attacks instead of starting from a neutral spot on the ground with the relatively slow and unwieldy fsmash.

If you land a grab, at least pummel a little to cut off your attack decay (especially since you're not planning on using Transform at all) as well as to at the very least encourage the opponent to try to break out. At a low %, grab release can be combo'd into ftiltlock, and at higher %s, go with the nair if a stupid platform won't grant you the usmash.

SECOND VID
Good job, you actually pummeled him this time. Approaching with a running shield can be a really bad idea against Wario given his aerial mobility, autocanceling dairs, and ability to just Bite you. Please be a little more courageous in your edgeguards and aerial juggles. A lot of the time you just keep your feet planted to the ground, which is part of why you're having a much harder time KOing even for solo Sheik. If you're being antagonized by Wario on a platform, either drop to the ledge or fastfall, because giving Wario with his aerial mess any more chances than necessary can and has proven fatal here.

imdavid

Smash Journeyman
Great matches, you did very well against futile! i would suggest you dash back away more instead of shielding so much and just try to needle harass, it might help your damage decay for every needle, but seeing how smashville is so small it might or might not have helped you. Thanks for the vids, they were quite entertaining!

WULFN

Smash Apprentice
Second vid was really good, keep it up and this is the reason I play Sheik!!!!

Charoo

Smash Champion
Your Sheik does some awesome stuff. Keep in mind that playing Sheik solo is going to take a lot more work. You didn't transform or KO Wario at 155% and ended up suffering for it with a full stock and 110%. If you absolutely must KO with Sheik, use nair and bair over fsmash, seeing as how you'll actually be able to move around with those attacks instead of starting from a neutral spot on the ground with the relatively slow and unwieldy fsmash.

If you land a grab, at least pummel a little to cut off your attack decay (especially since you're not planning on using Transform at all) as well as to at the very least encourage the opponent to try to break out. At a low %, grab release can be combo'd into ftiltlock, and at higher %s, go with the nair if a stupid platform won't grant you the usmash.

SECOND VID
Good job, you actually pummeled him this time. Approaching with a running shield can be a really bad idea against Wario given his aerial mobility, autocanceling dairs, and ability to just Bite you. Please be a little more courageous in your edgeguards and aerial juggles. A lot of the time you just keep your feet planted to the ground, which is part of why you're having a much harder time KOing even for solo Sheik. If you're being antagonized by Wario on a platform, either drop to the ledge or fastfall, because giving Wario with his aerial mess any more chances than necessary can and has proven fatal here.
I know exactly what u mean. I know that I should have switch to zelda but lately I just want to go all sheik for now. So yeah that did hurt me. After the tourney on sat and sun, I realize that I need to take some of my battle to the air with a lot of forward air and back air. I notice that was my main weakness in killing and pressuring with sheik.

They usually just stay back and wont come after me at all. Either that or they just shield. So I'm going to try spamming forward air and back air so much when they are around 100% that they will eventually die.

I just learn the release grab from edrees on friday so I didn't know that u can pummel him and it still works. I learn that after the first match haha.

I do stay grounded naturally so I'm going to force myself to fight in the air.

I did mess up some vanish, but most of them was intentional. Wario is so fat in the air that every time i vanish and appear in the air, I get a clap which hurts a lot. I would rather land on the stage instead.

Futile knows sheik. He fought gimpy before. He also have a friend who uses sheik so he knows whats up. That's how he got me with the fart and stuff.

Thanks for the comment guys. Hopefully Glen did record more vids of me.

The Game II

Smash Champion
Champ, I have 3 team videos of you in action from Sunday's tourney. I don't know when I'll be able to put them up, hopefully Thursday.

--GCII

Charoo

Smash Champion
Champ, I have 3 team videos of you in action from Sunday's tourney. I don't know when I'll be able to put them up, hopefully Thursday.

--GCII
cool glen. Thanks. Hopefully the one that got recorded was me and edrees vs bardul and jont. I did some awesome stuff haha

Charoo

Smash Champion
updated with teams vids.

I was using sheik the whole way in the tourney until this two set. I use zelda cause that dedede was lasting way tooooooooo long with our crappy team. Besides that, I was sheik only until the 2 finals. I went fox twice in the set before this.

sheik and peach is such a bad team haha. None of us can kill for crap.

princess power rocks

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
xD my friend and i team as sheik and peach. i think it's a decent team <_< but you're right, no one can ko

The Great Leon

Smash Champion
Hey Champ, too bad me + Plan 9 vs you + Edrees didn't get recorded lol. But yeah, you shouldn't be afraid of recovering from the ledge so much. I think its more of a mental block than anything. If he's kinda far away, just stand up. Frame-wise its usually pretty safe. Your Sheik is pretty ****, we should probably hang out at Oxnard and Race's.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
You don't like Zelda, Champ? :(

Still, very solid Sheik, and I always love seeing team matches of you and Edreeses. Well, more so Fox + Peach (laser to Toad to good).

Oh, and lol @ Futile trying to DI away from the tilt lock.

Charoo

Smash Champion
Hey Champ, too bad me + Plan 9 vs you + Edrees didn't get recorded lol. But yeah, you shouldn't be afraid of recovering from the ledge so much. I think its more of a mental block than anything. If he's kinda far away, just stand up. Frame-wise its usually pretty safe. Your Sheik is pretty ****, we should probably hang out at Oxnard and Race's.
yeah I know. I just have this feeling I'm getting punish when I try to get up haha. Plan 9 last stock on botch amtches r too good =)

You don't like Zelda, Champ? :(

Still, very solid Sheik, and I always love seeing team matches of you and Edreeses. Well, more so Fox + Peach (laser to Toad to good).

Oh, and lol @ Futile trying to DI away from the tilt lock.
I guess I worded it wrong. It's not that I don't like zelda, I just don't want to use zelda just for killing. I would rather use her the whole battle u know? Zelda is too fun to get camp cause they know u're trying to kill them haha.

I dunno if u notice but there was a vid of my fox with edrees from that tourney too:
http://www.getyourtournament.com/multimedia/2008/08/aznforce-v-connor-and-donte-vs.html

i think futile knows about sheik tilt lock. Kouryuu (sp) plays with him and he uses sheik.

Charoo

Smash Champion
edrees vs me are up. Not our best cause it was a rush set, but I think it was pretty good. Hopefully people will enjoy this as much as people enjoy choknater vs chokolait =)

edrees is too good and we both know this match up really well so I think this is a good example of 60-40 in peach's favor.

edit: I just realize ending of the set is wack haha. I guess we were in that much of a hurry >_<

stealthsushi

Smash Apprentice
Nice use of the DACUS to move across the stage and for the kill in match 2 and match 3 :D I'll be sure to nominate the second match as a nice demonstration of what Sheik can do in the "Best Of" thread in the Tactical Discussion :)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Good stuff. You do a lot of punishment when you're at advantage, but start losing it HARD on defense. You seem to turtle up in your shield a lot, so I think the best advice I can give you is be less afraid of Edrees.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
very nice and consistent DACUS, i wish i had that kind of consistency and accuracy with it. funny way to start the match too xD

ankoku is correct. you ended up taking a lot of damage sometimes when you opted to try to play defensively instead of attacking. use sheik's speed to take advantage of those times where peach isn't attacking. approaching with bair or nair is scary sometimes, but it's a risk you're gonna have to take with peach in order to win.

however, it is good that you do play cautious... at least, more cautious than me. you knock in those good hits (like utilting between peach's dairs like you told me) which is really good. i also really like the way you edge guard peach, by shooting needles, then edgehogging and trying to nair her.

edrees does seem to have a more solid playstyle than my friend chokalait, so it's cool to see you doing well against him, and i'd imagine he'd be very difficult if i played him. so good stuff champ and keep it coming.

Charoo

Smash Champion
u know what? You guys are completely right! When I think/watch my matches, I notice that my main weakness is playing defensively. I mean, the only time I get major punish is from me being defensive. Trying to get back on the stage, shielding a lot, and trying to camp needle.

Then I notice that I shine the most when I go all out aggressive. So I dunno why I'm still playing defensive =(

I guess it's just something that I need to remind myself to stop doing or rather do less because defensive helps sometime.

About the matches, I was watching CJ's melee sheik before playing this so I was doing the neutral air to edge guard haha. Too bad it doesn't stage spike like melee anymore but it works. I also learn the DACUS this week by spending time in training mode so now I can do it much better. Like 7 out of 10 times. Everytime u see me do a down air or something weird is me messing up DACUS.

Oh yeah, I started off with DACUS because I thought edrees was going to pull a turnip. So I went for it haha.

Man I can't believe I never thought of this before. Even today against fox, he almost beat me because I play defensive second match on fd while I 2 stocked him on the first match cause I was aggressive. Thanks guys!!!

p.s. no offense to chokolait but I'm sure edrees is better cause he's my friend/too good. Edrees for best peach in the world =) (seriously edrees and his spacing is too good)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha yea i'm sure he would admit edrees is better, edrees has been playing peach in melee for years down in socal

oh by the way: edrees spamming nair out of your double jab.... is VERY scary!

Charoo

Smash Champion
haha yea i'm sure he would admit edrees is better, edrees has been playing peach in melee for years down in socal

oh by the way: edrees spamming nair out of your double jab.... is VERY scary!
haha yeah man! That's what I said about what chokolait can do haha. Peach can neutral air out of anything it's ridiculous!!! I can't even finish my jab combos on him or hit more than two forward tilt no matter what.

Top Bottom